USB 1.1

Does anybody know if  USB 1.1 host  support connecting USB 2.0 peripheral ?

I know that you can connect the USB 1.1 peripheral device to USB 2.0 host
PC.

Thanks,

Martin Roth
Motorola Israel

0
bmr006 (76)
1/26/2005 4:33:29 PM
comp.os.vxworks 5962 articles. 4 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

Martin Roth wrote:

> Does anybody know if  USB 1.1 host  support connecting USB 2.0 peripheral ?
>
> I know that you can connect the USB 1.1 peripheral device to USB 2.0 host
> PC.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin Roth
> Motorola Israel

    In most cases, USB 2.0 devices will "downshift" to 1.1 speeds.  You might
find a device that was unable to do so, because it needed the higher speed
of 2.0.  I personally have used 2.0 devices with a 1.1 host, and had no
problems,
but this was a device that did not need high speed.

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

0
joe.durusau (188)