usrInit tribulations with a BSP and Workbench.

I'm having a little trouble with Workbench 3.2 and compiling a VxWorks
6.8 BSP. When I create a new BSP project and base it on *any*
available bsp and compile it, I get:

C:\WindRiver\utilities-1.0\x86-win32\bin\make.exe: *** No rule to make
target `usrInit'.  Stop.

Basically, usrInit seems to be not found, even though I know it is in
target/config/all/usrConfig.c.

To add a little spice to the broth, when I open a vxworks development
shell and cd to the same target/config/<bsp> directory that doesnt
work in workbench and do a make, everything is fine and I get my
vxWorks binary.

I need to use WorkBench as one of the next steps is to use a WindRiver
USB probe to do source level debugging.

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this "puzzlement" to help me
understand the error of my ways.

Charles Krinke
comp.os.vxworks 5962 articles. 3 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

On Dec 9 2010, 9:47=A0pm, ckrinke <charles.kri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having a little trouble with Workbench 3.2 and compiling a VxWorks
> 6.8 BSP. When I create a new BSP project and base it on *any*
> available bsp and compile it, I get:
>
> C:\WindRiver\utilities-1.0\x86-win32\bin\make.exe: *** No rule to make
> target `usrInit'. =A0Stop.
>
> Basically, usrInit seems to be not found, even though I know it is in
> target/config/all/usrConfig.c.
>
> To add a little spice to the broth, when I open a vxworks development
> shell and cd to the same target/config/<bsp> directory that doesnt
> work in workbench and do a make, everything is fine and I get my
> vxWorks binary.
>
> I need to use WorkBench as one of the next steps is to use a WindRiver
> USB probe to do source level debugging.
>
> I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this "puzzlement" to help me
> understand the error of my ways.
>
> Charles Krinke

you need to set the environment before you compile.
So go to <Installation dir>
and do ./wrenv.sh -p vxworks<version number>
so if my installation is in /opt/Windriver and version is 6.8
cd to it
and  do a ./wrenv.sh -p vxworks-6.8
0
ananya

Workbench 2.5 VxWorks BSP build problem
I have a vxWorks 6.0 project BSP that builds under Workbench 2.5, target is a MV5100 board. Now, I try to add some previously omitted components--like target shell, loaders, etc. When I try to add/include any additional BSP features I get: "No rule to make target 'makeMacrosReferred'. Stop." Anyone here explain what is happening and how to successfully include target shell, for example, to my VxWorks project? Thanks, Bo ...

About porting BSP from VxWorks 5.4 to VxWorks 5.5
Hello Everyone: We got the task to port our BSP from VxWorks 5.4 to VxWorks 5.5,because our Firewall part will use the VxWorks Firewall library version 5.5. We are told that it is a easier way than port Firewall from 5.5 to 5.4. Could you please provide some documents or guide for such porting? Is there any example to follow? Thanks a million for any information or suggestion. Your sicencely Jacky 2006-11-09 Hii Jacky, Get the Migration guide from wrs. It provides the steps for migrating ur BSP from vx5.4 to vx5.5. Thanks, Akhil Jacky.Yang wrote: > Hello Everyo...

VxWorks BSP
Hi all, I am new to new BSP development, i find there is option in VxWorks to create a bootable image or Application. But again there is one called as BSP driver software for VxWorks. 1. Which of them should I have to use? 2.What is trade off? 3. I want use C++ instead of C language to write my application code in Tornado, Do I have to set any variables/change any options.Because I am not able to download my file to simulator it showing some error. Hi: The first two you mention are to either create a vxWorks bootable kernel, or to create a vxWorks application that can be downloaded to a tar...

[HELP] Building for VxWorks 6.3 with Workbench for VxWorks 6.5.
I have a Wind River Workbench 2.6 installed and see that there are directories for "vxworks-5.5" and "vxworks-6.5". I have a makefile and build script for 5.5 and have modified this (and built) for 6.5. My intended target is VxWorks 6.3. Questions I have are: 1.) Is there binary and library compatibility? Can I just run on VxWorks 6.3? 2.) If the answer to #1 is 'no' then how to I specifically build for VxWorks 6.3? Keep in mind that I am building from command line (cygnus + gnu). Also keep in mind that I am a real newbie --so please speak to me like you woul...

Is it possible to couple Vxworks OS 5.5 with network stack from Vxworks 6.7
Hi , Is it possible to couple Vxworks OS 5.5 with network stack from Vxworks 6.7. I am trying to evaluate Vxworks 6.7 (ipcom/ipnet/iptcp) network stack with Vxworks 5.5. But I am facing lot of compilation issues in .../ipnet/ipcom/port/vxworks/src/ipcom_drv_eth.c Is there any performance difference between 6.5 and 6.7 network stack? Thanks in advance, Praveen. On Nov 12, 12:39=A0pm, Praveen <gcprav...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi , > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Is it possible to couple Vxworks OS 5.5 with network stack= from > Vxworks 6.7. I am trying to evaluate Vxworks ...

Build VxWorks image support IPv6 using VxWorks 6.2 & WindRiver Workbench 2.4
Dear all, I have a trouble when building a VxWorks image support IPv6 using VxWorks 6.2 & Workbench 2.4 On New VxWorks Images Project Option Dialog, I checked "Use IPv6 enabled kernel libraries" option and built this image. Workbench reported the error message below: dld -tPPC603FH:vxworks62 -X -N -Xgenerate-paddr -e _sysInit -D_VX_START_TEXT=0x00010000 \ dataSegPad.o romfs_image_prj.o partialImage.o ctdt.o \ -D_VX_DATA_ALIGN=1 d:/WindRiver/vxworks-6.2/target/h/tool/diab/ldscripts/link.RAM -o vxWorks dld: warning: Undefined symbol 'netDevCreate' in file 'partial...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 11:45 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 > OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 >=20 > "Main, Kerry" wrote: > > Course, there are many ways to offer differen...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')
> -----Original Message----- > From: Soterro [mailto:soterroatyahoocom@address.hp.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 9:43 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 > Main, Kerry wrote: > >>From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com]=20 > >>You aren't directly to blame for this and I know you'd like=20 > >>to keep your > &...

VxWorks BSP #2
Is it neccessary that the first file in the BSP set of file has to be in assembly language, this means the first code to be executed upon power on by the processor to be in assembly language? dilip wrote: >Is it neccessary that the first file in the BSP set of file has to be >in assembly language, this means the first code to be executed upon >power on by the processor to be in assembly language? In VxWorks, the file to which you refer is called romInit. All languages are eventually translated to machine code so, strictly speaking, romInit could be written in any language. One c...

VxWorks BSP structure
Hi All, I am new for BSP of vxworks. Is there any good document on the structure and overview of BSP? I have to write a BSP for PowerPC 83xxx. Thanks in advance, Mike Mike, If you register at windriver's support site you will have access to plenty of vxWorks documentation including the BSP stuff. Hope this helps, Seshu Mike wrote: > Hi All, > > I am new for BSP of vxworks. Is there any good document on the > structure and overview of BSP? I have to write a BSP for PowerPC 83xxx. > > Thanks in advance, > > Mike > Windriver have a BSP training course....

BSP n OS
Can any one tell me what the difference between BSP and OS? How BSP works? If we are haveing some protocals like Ethernet in our BSP, is it initilize before OS initilised? pls give BSP work flow order? thanX in adv! You can think of the OS as the "generic" part of the operating system and the BSP as the specific part for you hardware. That is, the OS code will be used by many different hardware platforms but the BSP will be specific for a particular CPU board. The BSP usually sets things up in a fahsion that the OS will be able to use so chances are the problems lie i...

BSP n OS
can anybady giv How BSP works n wats the difference between BSSSP and OS? ...

BSP n OS
Can any one tell me what the difference between BSP and OS? How BSP works? If we are haveing some protocals like Ethernet in our BSP, is it initilize before OS initilised? pls give BSP work flow order? thanX in adv! gurusri.kavi@gmail.com wrote: > Can any one tell me what the difference between BSP and OS? > How BSP works? > If we are haveing some protocals like Ethernet in our BSP, is it > initilize before OS initilised? > pls give BSP work flow order? > > thanX in adv! BSP stands for Board Support Package.This BSP has the board specific driver and module which will...

sam9260 vxworks bsp
Does anyone use windriver's sam9260 bsp. I can run it from sam-ba tool,but fail from nandflash. By the way,troels(or corpus) may use it,but I can't contact him. Does anyone know him? Thanks a lot! ...

Web resources about - usrInit tribulations with a BSP and Workbench. - comp.os.vxworks

Cape Tribulation, Queensland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
16°04′S 145°28′E  /  16.067°S 145.467°E  / -16.067; 145.467 Coordinates : 16°04′S 145°28′E  /  16.067°S 145.467°E  / -16.067; 145.467 110 ...

Mom Tries to Kill Kids, Self, Before 'Tribulation' Comes - YouTube
Religion = Respected insane madness Via: http://www.ktla.com/ - http://doctore0.wordpress.com/

Broken legs, death threats and fatwas: the trials and tribulations of The 99
Many years ago, I was the volleyball counsellor at a summer camp in New England. It was 1990 and I was fit for five minutes. It seems there’s ...

Trials and tribulations of stem cell therapy
Edgar Irastorza was just 31 when his heart stopped beating in October 2008.

Cape Tribulation camping: Secret camp sites in Australia
YOU can camp in a swag under the stars or fluff up a pillow on your &#8216;glamping&#8217; kingsize bed, but however you like it, this Skyscanner ...

Today in history: Nuts and bolts of buggy tribulations
Today in history looks at what was making news in the Queanbeyan Age 110 years ago.

Making Towncraft: The devs talk about the trials and tribulations of mobile development
To promote the launch of Towncraft on iPhone and Macs, Flat Earth Games founders Leigh and Rohan Harris had a chat with Alex Walker about the ...

Sony Online Entertainment: Trolls and Tribulations
Director of global community relations Linda Carlson on the ambiguous power of the online audience

Rob Ford saga recalls trials and tribulations of Marion Barry
A former friend of ex-Washington D.C. mayor Marion Barry tells the CBC's fifth estate that he sees parallels between Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's ...

The Trials and Tribulations of Tucker Max: Did He Try to Pull a Fast One on Planned Parenthood?
Why did Tucker Max wait so long to start spreading the news about his Planned Parenthood donation fiasco? Maybe it’s because he was scamming ...