Writing a PCI card driver

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

hi i am  new to vxworks and device  driver programming.i am asked to
write a driver for a  pci card plx9050.what i understood from reading
docs and web page searches including this forum is :
pci devices are configured to query about IRQ lines , memory mappings
etc..
and vxworks provides pciAutiCinfig facility to be done automatically.
but i am clueless as to what to be done before autoconfig and after
auto config.

any help is greatly appreciated and hope to be recirpocated too :)

regards.
Ramakrishnaprasad.A

0
Reply Ramakrishnaprasad.a (8) 7/29/2006 2:12:11 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.os.vxworks 5888 articles. 5 followers. Post

Installing drivers for PCI card with same signature for more than 1 card in windows-xp
Hi All, I have developed drivers for PCI card in windows-xp.I am able to install for 1 PCI card , but i am unable to install for second card with same signature (VendorId and DeviceId ).How can i change the installation inf file. Please help me regarding this issue. Thanks in advance. mahi wrote: > Hi All, > > I have developed drivers for PCI card in windows-xp.I am able to > install for 1 PCI card , but i am unable to install for second card > with same signature (VendorId and DeviceId ).How can i change the > installation inf file. > > Please help me regarding ...

Porting drivers for PCI card to single board chips connected by PCI bus?
HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel. Here are my questions: two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers for them? How big? How about porting one to the other? the Sea wrote: > HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel. > Here are my questions: > two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board > connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers > for them? How big? How about porting one...

How to write pci driver.
Hi, I will write a PCI bus driver based on MIPS platform. I have already write the PCI Local Bus Specification.But I still do not know how to start. Can anyone give me some information about how to write PCI Bus driver? Such as website, document, or your own experiences. Thanks you. ...

PCI Card+ RTAI driver
I have a PCI CARD with a controler and i have to make a realtime driver using RTAI functions.This PCI Card have a 1MB RAM and i have to send 64X32 bits when a interrupt is occure.I need just to read/write data to/from that PCI Card. Can anyone tell me how to do that?Can you give me some examples? Comedi can help me ? ...

writing a pci bus driver
hi all, i am new to writing a pci driver on vxworks.im stuck at "howto start" itself as far as codingis considered.i mean im unable to know how to use the interfaces though many are saying it is quite easy in vxworks.so can any of you please teach me the "starting steps" in writing a pci driver? thanks in advance, Ramakrishnaprasad.A You may need to probe the device to find out whether it supports IO/Memory mapped ( pciLib). Probe and findout where it got mapped. You may need to read BAR0 and BAR1 registers in PCI configuration space. Then add those memory regions to you...

PCI driver for DIOT card
Hi all, I am new to devicedriver.I wanted to write a driver for a PCI-DIO Timer card. When i checked the header space,the value of interrupt pin is "a" and line is zero. can i able to generate interrupts using this card,and can anybody suggest some applications of this card,so that i can implement it. The card has got 2 8255 interfaces and a 8253 timer. regards raj ...

PCI Card+ RTAI driver
I have a PCI CARD with a controler and i have to make a realtime driver using RTAI functions.This PCI Card have a 1MB RAM and i have to send 64X32 bits when a interrupt is occure.I need just to read/write data to/from that PCI Card. Can anyone tell me how to do that?Can you give me some examples? Comedi can help me ? ...

PCI card driver developement
Hi All, I am writing a driver for a PCI-ATA card. I am in a midway of developement. The Hard Disk is yet not mounted, but is connected to the hardware. My driver is present in the system which can handle Read Sector requests coming from the client. I have an application that request the driver for data from particular sector,cylinder and head. I am unable to understand if i can get the data (in ASCII) format from the driver if my HardDisk is not loaded. And will the data be a valid data. Regards, Vikrant. vicks <vikrant.shahir@gmail.com> wrote: > I am unable to...

writing pci device drivers in minix
Hi all..... I am new to this group and for my project i am writing a pci device drivers in minix for powerpc 405/440 .so i will be thankful if any one help me in this regard and for any tips or suggestions..........plz help me..........hoping for a positive reply......... $@! $@! <just4usai@gmail.com> wrote: > I am new to this group and for my project i am writing a pci device > drivers in minix for powerpc 405/440 .so i will be thankful if any one > help me in this regard and for any tips or suggestions..........plz In a recent post Alvin Beach replied to a similar question...