Writing a PCI card driver

hi i am  new to vxworks and device  driver programming.i am asked to
write a driver for a  pci card plx9050.what i understood from reading
docs and web page searches including this forum is :
pci devices are configured to query about IRQ lines , memory mappings
etc..
and vxworks provides pciAutiCinfig facility to be done automatically.
but i am clueless as to what to be done before autoconfig and after
auto config.

any help is greatly appreciated and hope to be recirpocated too :)

regards.
Ramakrishnaprasad.A

comp.os.vxworks 5955 articles. 1 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

PCI driver writing for Mac OS 9
Hello there, I need to get started with writing PCI drivers for Mac OS 9. I am a complete novice with Mac and do not know from where to start. I have written drivers on Linux though. I would appreciate if I could get some pointers for developing PCI or generic driver writing on Mac OS 9. Any input on this is appreciated. Regards, DB DB <bhatdinu13@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to get started with writing PCI drivers for Mac OS 9. I am a > complete novice with Mac and do not know from where to start. I have > written drivers on Linux though. I would appreciat...

how to write a ATA driver for Compactflash card in vxworks?
HI, ours' hardware description: I directly connect the Compactflash Card to the Host bus but not use PCMCIA adapter or IDE adapter. need, Is there any documentation about how to write a ATA driver in vxworks? and ours' system need to support hot Plug and Play. ...

USB PCI card require OS drivers?
Want my BIOS to recognize new usb 2.0 ports after adding a PCI usb 2.0 card under w98se. newegg mentions installing drivers for some of these pci 2.0 cards. Are these pci usb 2.0 cards dependent on OS drivers under w98se? IOW, if I add such a card will boot mgrs. like BING (which work through bios) be able to detect external usb 2.0 drives? Checked the bios upgrade at the mb site, which upgrades for big hard drives, but no mention of usb 2.0 support? henry <henrykadiddlhopper@underground.org> wrote > Want my BIOS to recognize new usb 2.0 ports > after adding a P...

Mac OS 8 driver for CSI pci serial expansion card
Does anyone have the driver for a CSI PCI Serial expansion card. I need it for the MAC OS 8.6. I have been having a hell of a time trying to find it, if someone has any type of information or the driver itself i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Neal ...

drivers for miro dc 20 pci card on OS 8.6/9.1
Hi! It seems there's no official support for this card anymore. i got a used one without drivers. can anyone help me out? I need drivers for MacOS 8.6 or 9.1. Thanks in advance, Thorsten ...

Installing drivers for PCI card with same signature for more than 1 card in windows-xp
Hi All, I have developed drivers for PCI card in windows-xp.I am able to install for 1 PCI card , but i am unable to install for second card with same signature (VendorId and DeviceId ).How can i change the installation inf file. Please help me regarding this issue. Thanks in advance. mahi wrote: > Hi All, > > I have developed drivers for PCI card in windows-xp.I am able to > install for 1 PCI card , but i am unable to install for second card > with same signature (VendorId and DeviceId ).How can i change the > installation inf file. > > Please help me regarding ...

How to write pci driver.
Hi, I will write a PCI bus driver based on MIPS platform. I have already write the PCI Local Bus Specification.But I still do not know how to start. Can anyone give me some information about how to write PCI Bus driver? Such as website, document, or your own experiences. Thanks you. ...

Porting drivers for PCI card to single board chips connected by PCI bus?
HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel. Here are my questions: two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers for them? How big? How about porting one to the other? the Sea wrote: > HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel. > Here are my questions: > two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board > connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers > for them? How big? How about porting one...

PCI Card+ RTAI driver
I have a PCI CARD with a controler and i have to make a realtime driver using RTAI functions.This PCI Card have a 1MB RAM and i have to send 64X32 bits when a interrupt is occure.I need just to read/write data to/from that PCI Card. Can anyone tell me how to do that?Can you give me some examples? Comedi can help me ? ...

PCI driver for DIOT card
Hi all, I am new to devicedriver.I wanted to write a driver for a PCI-DIO Timer card. When i checked the header space,the value of interrupt pin is "a" and line is zero. can i able to generate interrupts using this card,and can anybody suggest some applications of this card,so that i can implement it. The card has got 2 8255 interfaces and a 8253 timer. regards raj ...

writing a pci bus driver
hi all, i am new to writing a pci driver on vxworks.im stuck at "howto start" itself as far as codingis considered.i mean im unable to know how to use the interfaces though many are saying it is quite easy in vxworks.so can any of you please teach me the "starting steps" in writing a pci driver? thanks in advance, Ramakrishnaprasad.A You may need to probe the device to find out whether it supports IO/Memory mapped ( pciLib). Probe and findout where it got mapped. You may need to read BAR0 and BAR1 registers in PCI configuration space. Then add those memory regions to you...

PCI card driver developement
Hi All, I am writing a driver for a PCI-ATA card. I am in a midway of developement. The Hard Disk is yet not mounted, but is connected to the hardware. My driver is present in the system which can handle Read Sector requests coming from the client. I have an application that request the driver for data from particular sector,cylinder and head. I am unable to understand if i can get the data (in ASCII) format from the driver if my HardDisk is not loaded. And will the data be a valid data. Regards, Vikrant. vicks <vikrant.shahir@gmail.com> wrote: > I am unable to...

PCI Card+ RTAI driver
I have a PCI CARD with a controler and i have to make a realtime driver using RTAI functions.This PCI Card have a 1MB RAM and i have to send 64X32 bits when a interrupt is occure.I need just to read/write data to/from that PCI Card. Can anyone tell me how to do that?Can you give me some examples? Comedi can help me ? ...

PCI or PCI-X cards in PCI Express slots
Do the new G5s with PCI Express accept PCI or PCI-X cards? I don't know if I will be able to use my old cards (adaptec 29160 and Sonnet Allegro FW800) Thanks for your guidance Galerada wrote: > Do the new G5s with PCI Express accept PCI or PCI-X cards? I don't know > if I will be able to use my old cards (adaptec 29160 and Sonnet Allegro > FW800) No, they are not compatible. dale -- dstanbro@spam.o.matic.bigpond.net.au Thanks for the info, Dale. In article <MrNoSpam-E6DC27.06472922102005@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Dale Stanbrough <MrNoSpam@bigpoop.net...

Web resources about - Writing a PCI card driver - comp.os.vxworks

File:P writing.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Aaron Sorkin on ethics, the perils of writing about real people and Steve Jobs as a world ruler
Aaron Sorkin admits he took liberties with some facts in his screenplay for Steve Jobs. But he did so to 'get at some larger truths'.

Samantha Bee’s Writing Staff Is Extremely Diverse
... application process to make it more accessible to people who have not traditionally spent any time in writers’ rooms. The result is a writing ...

Let unfettered writing pour out of you in Flowstate
When it comes to prewriting, nothing beats a distraction-free interface. A very common writing exercise is to just let the words flow, but many ...

‘Making a Murderer’ Updates: Season 2 may be possible and Ken Kratz is writing a book
It's been a little more than a month since Making a Murderer debuted on Netflix and the buzz swirling around the documentary still shows no signs ...

BlogHer Writing Lab February 2016 Prompts
The theme for February's Writing Lab is PASSION. If you're participating in the Writing Lab in February or even if you're not! here are some ...

'Making a Murderer' prosecutor Ken Kratz is writing a book about the case and asked Steven Avery to confess ...
Ken Kratz, the prosecuting attorney in the trial of "Making a Murderer" subject Steven Avery, is writing a book. The former district attorney ...

Put it in writing: Contractors need contracts
... has its risks. One of the most common is conducting business without formal agreements. In a world that prizes agility and speed, writing up ...

Disney-ABC Writing Program Names Eight For 2016
Disney-ABC Television Group has named eight scribes for its 27th annual Writing Program which launches on Monday, February 1. On the comedy side ...

Labyrinth sequel: Guardians of the Galaxy writer Nicole Perlman is writing screenplay - EW.com
UPDATE: The new Labyrinth film will be a sequel to the original, not a reboot, EW has learned. This post has been updated accordingly. EARLIER: ...