Text Troubles

I'm trying to create files with text on a colored background, but the
fonts are distorted.

Here's what I'm doing

New Image
Background Color (could be anything)
Text entry created as vector
Styles: No stroke, just fill, no textures

I click OK and in it goes to layer one and it looks lousy.
The same lousy look happens when I paste the text on a new vector
layer and try to merge.

The help menus haven't been helpful... I'd appreciate some guidance.

Thanks.
0
director (1)
1/3/2004 4:18:48 AM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6012 articles. 0 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

Did you click the antialias box on? If no, then the text will have
sharp-blocky edges.
Only think I can think of.
HJ

"Paul" <director@inspirationandmotivation.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create files with text on a colored background, but the
> fonts are distorted.
>
> Here's what I'm doing
>
> New Image
> Background Color (could be anything)
> Text entry created as vector
> Styles: No stroke, just fill, no textures
>
> I click OK and in it goes to layer one and it looks lousy.
> The same lousy look happens when I paste the text on a new vector
> layer and try to merge.
>
> The help menus haven't been helpful... I'd appreciate some guidance.
>
> Thanks.

0
HillBilly
1/3/2004 7:19:47 AM
in article 2cb2364a.0401022018.1fa5dfde@posting.google.com, Paul at
director@inspirationandmotivation.com wrote on 1/2/04 8:18 PM:

>  I'd appreciate some guidance.

What are you willing to offer?

0
BLUEMIST
1/3/2004 7:39:29 AM
BLUEMIST wrote:
> in article 2cb2364a.0401022018.1fa5dfde@posting.google.com,
Paul at
> director@inspirationandmotivation.com wrote on 1/2/04 8:18 PM:
>
>>  I'd appreciate some guidance.
>

> What are you willing to offer?

So, Mike, let me get this right... You insult the people here who
gladly, and freely help others by saying, "They stick it out
because it makes money for them", and then you fraudulently offer
help for money by asking "What are you willing to offer to find
out?" and "What are you willing to offer?" despite being
incapable providing help, because you have absolutely no
practical knowledge of Paint Shop Pro.

0
Tim
1/3/2004 10:13:13 AM
Which font?

"Paul" <director@inspirationandmotivation.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create files with text on a colored background, but the
> fonts are distorted.
>
> Here's what I'm doing
>
> New Image
> Background Color (could be anything)
> Text entry created as vector
> Styles: No stroke, just fill, no textures
>
> I click OK and in it goes to layer one and it looks lousy.
> The same lousy look happens when I paste the text on a new vector
> layer and try to merge.
>
> The help menus haven't been helpful... I'd appreciate some guidance.
>
> Thanks.

0
Shonner
1/3/2004 10:39:26 AM
Viner Hand ITC

"Shonner" <shonner@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3ff6b262$1_1@news.vic.com>...
> Which font?
>

> "Paul" <director@inspirationandmotivation.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to create files with text on a colored background, but the
> > fonts are distorted.
> >
> > Here's what I'm doing
> >
> > New Image
> > Background Color (could be anything)
> > Text entry created as vector
> > Styles: No stroke, just fill, no textures
> >
> > I click OK and in it goes to layer one and it looks lousy.
> > The same lousy look happens when I paste the text on a new vector
> > layer and try to merge.
> >
> > The help menus haven't been helpful... I'd appreciate some guidance.
> >
> > Thanks.
0
director
1/3/2004 3:18:45 PM
The newsgroup is a more pleasant place if you just killfile him, along with
Uni. Sure, he changes e-mails to defeat your killfile, but it's easy enough
to killfile every time he changes e-mails.

"Tim" <timmorr64@XremoveXhotmail.com> wrote in message
> BLUEMIST wrote:
> > in article 2cb2364a.0401022018.1fa5dfde@posting.google.com,
> Paul at
> > director@inspirationandmotivation.com wrote on 1/2/04 8:18 PM:
> >
> >>  I'd appreciate some guidance.
> >

> > What are you willing to offer?
>
> So, Mike, let me get this right... You insult the people here who
> gladly, and freely help others by saying, "They stick it out
> because it makes money for them", and then you fraudulently offer
> help for money by asking "What are you willing to offer to find
> out?" and "What are you willing to offer?" despite being
> incapable providing help, because you have absolutely no
> practical knowledge of Paint Shop Pro.

0
Larry
1/3/2004 5:20:08 PM
Paul wrote:
> Viner Hand ITC

At what size?
That is certainly not the most readable of fonts on screen...
especially at small sizes.

All the best

Tim

0
Tim

Trouble uninstalling Paint Shop Pro 6 to upgrade to Paint Shop 7
recently I have encountered issues trying to uninstall Paint Shop Pro 6 so I can install the new version Error 1709 Windows Installer could not be accessed Contact your support support to verify that is it is properly installed and registered. I am using Windows 7. Is there something wrong here? Thanks Cliff On Thursday, January 1, 2015 at 7:34:17 PM UTC-8, Nighthawk48 wrote: > > I am using Windows 7. Is there something wrong here? Key word being "Windows". Mike ArtistMike.com ...

Paint Shop Pro 10?
What do you think it will be like?. I can't wait!. I hope Corel adds even more arts media tools to PSP. Get's rid of Animation Shop, maybe create a new app similar to Corel Draw, to go with PSP. Not sure what Photopaint will get in the future, but I feel PSP is a great investment for Corel. Apple has Adobe and Photoshop, along with Photoshop Elements. PC users have Corel and PSP along with Painter, and Graphics Suite. The future looks bright and interesting. I also wonder if it will be called Corel Paint Shop Pro 10. That would be neat!. Uni?? Is that you? BD "bkovacs" <rj_kovacs@msn.com> wrote in message news:1106462808.209318.50000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > What do you think it will be like?. I can't wait!. I hope Corel adds > even more arts media tools to PSP. Get's rid of Animation Shop, maybe > create a new app similar to Corel Draw, to go with PSP. Not sure what > Photopaint will get in the future, but I feel PSP is a great investment > for Corel. Apple has Adobe and Photoshop, along with Photoshop > Elements. PC users have Corel and PSP along with Painter, and Graphics > Suite. The future looks bright and interesting. I also wonder if it > will be called Corel Paint Shop Pro 10. That would be neat!. > Bobby Dogg wrote: > Uni?? Is that you? "Apple has Adobe and Photoshop, along with Photoshop Elements. PC users have Corel and PSP along with Painter, and Graphics Suite." Ha! Obv...

Is Your Paint Shop Pro XI SLOOOOW???
I went from Paint Shop Pro 7 to XI and boy is it sloooow? Is anyone else having this problem? It takes about four times longer to come up then Pro 7 did. Also, who was the idiot programmer that thinks they just have to rename the icons. When your use to the naming of an icon like BROWSER, why change it to ORGANIZER. Half of my old icon buttons I can't find because they renamed them. Terry in Texas Terry <terry75115@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1187280762.161192.157490 @i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com: > I went from Paint Shop Pro 7 to XI and boy is it sloooow? > Is anyone else having this problem? > > It takes about four times longer to come up then Pro 7 did. > > Also, who was the idiot programmer that thinks they just have to > rename the icons. > When your use to the naming of an icon like BROWSER, why change it to > ORGANIZER. Half of my old icon buttons I can't find because they > renamed them. > > Terry in Texas You're right about most of it, but the reason the Browser is now called the Organizer is because it is not like the old browser and has been re- designed to be an organizer with a database just like other organizers. However, that is one of the things that slows down the operation of PSPXI and many users of previous versions can't stand it. Other than the Organizer, even when disabled you'll have to expect PSPXI to take longer to open than PSP7 simply because it is a much bigger program and ...

whats the average price of paint shop pro?
hi where can i buy the cheapest copy of paint shop pro? alt.binaries.warez -- Charlie - " Keepin' the Blues Alive " 4 9 2 A c o u s t i c B l u e s www.492acousticblues.com www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=200514 "harem scary" <darrenlawrence2004@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:7b31cc6d.0409140046.7f59886e@posting.google.com... > hi where can i buy the cheapest copy of paint shop pro? ...

Troubles with Intermedia Text
I try to execute the following statements in Sql Plus Worksheet : CREATE INDEX IDX_ATTACHMENTS ON ATTACHMENTS(FILECONTENT) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT; I have the following errors: ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine ORA-20000: interMedia Text error: DRG-11422: linguistic initialization failed DRG-00100: internal error, arguments : [52100],[drxs.c],[553],[gxtopen],[1] DRG-11208: ORACLE_HOME is not set ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 126 ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 78 ORA-06512: at line 1 What's wrong ? I have installed Intermedia I have configured my database with Intermedia using Database Configuration Assistant. I have installed on Windows 2000 Oracle 8.1.7. Thanks Roberto. The big error that stands out, is the one that says your ORACLE_HOME is not set. What does it mean ? I have to insert a particular value in the registry ? I have to insert a particular value in the INIT.ORA file ? the error seems to be generic...I have installed with DB CONFIGURATION ASSISTANT support for ORACLE INTERMEDIA TEXT MANAGER in the database. Thanks Robleo. "NorwoodThree" <norwoodthree@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:ba03e2c.0311130904.78a61a69@posting.google.com... > The big error that stands out, is the one that says your ORACLE_HOME is not set. Try running this from the sqlplus prompt: -- A quick way to test the Net8 configuration is to do: exec ctx_output.start_log('l...

Messenger Pro text editor
Writing an E-mail yesterday, using the built-in text editor of Messenger Pro, I made a typing error - fingers slipped. The result was that the font displayed in the window changed from 'system font' to a sans-serif font, presumably Homerton. Question is: what keys did I hit to achieve this effect? I presume this is a feature of Messenger Pro, but certainly not one I knew about. The mistaken keying was done with my right hand, and almost certainly involved the right-hand Alt and/or Ctrl keys, though presumably others. Philip. -- Philip Draper Philip@borehamh.demon.co.uk On 19 Jun 2008 Philip Draper <Philip@borehamh.demon.co.uk> wrote: > Writing an E-mail yesterday, using the built-in text editor of > Messenger Pro, I made a typing error - fingers slipped. The result was > that the font displayed in the window changed from 'system font' to a > sans-serif font, presumably Homerton. > Question is: what keys did I hit to achieve this effect? I presume > this is a feature of Messenger Pro, but certainly not one I knew > about. The mistaken keying was done with my right hand, and almost > certainly involved the right-hand Alt and/or Ctrl keys, though > presumably others. Control-T, I think. With best wishes, Peter. -- Peter \ / \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52 Anne \ / __ __ \ England. and / / \ | | |\ | / _ \ http://pnyoung....

Unwanted text attachments in Messenger Pro
I use NetFetch and Messenger Pro. Some of my received emails have an attachment consisting of a text file with the same content as the displayed message. Unlike the HTML attachments one often gets from PC users these can't be removed by choosing Message=>Strip attachments from the main menu. Strip attachments is greyed out as though no "real" attachment were present. Do other users of M Pro get this? Derek Haslam -- Real address: dhaslam atte boulsworth dot co dot uk Via BT broadband with StrongArm RiscPC + UNIpod Powerbase support at www.boulsworth.co.uk/pbase On 12 Aug 2008 Derek Haslam <dhaslam@boulsworth.co.uk> wrote: > I use NetFetch and Messenger Pro. Some of my received emails have an > attachment consisting of a text file with the same content as the > displayed message. Unlike the HTML attachments one often gets from PC > users these can't be removed by choosing Message=>Strip attachments > from the main menu. Strip attachments is greyed out as though no > "real" attachment were present. Thats what happens when the message has a text encoding different to what the machine is using. Its only a pseudo attachment so it can easily be dragged to a program that may understand that encoding, but doesn't take an extra storage so you can't strip it. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ On 12 Aug 20...

Trouble Reading in PIPE delimited text file
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone else ever ran into problems importing a pipe delimited text file. The extract was taken from SQL server 2005. When I read in the file all the data is corrupted. I have no problem importing the text file into access directly. However, when I try and use StatTransfer again the data comes through corrupted. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. data sample; infile 'W:\Clients A-M\Ashley\2007 11 30 Behavioral Analytics\RFM Analysis\Update nov08(2004-2008) Data\RFMCust_for_2004.txt' delimiter='|' firstobs=2 obs=1000; input wrt_database $ wrt_storeid $ wrt_pft_ctr $ wrt_cust_id $ wrt_chg_dat $ wrt_so_no $ Quantity $ Sales $ COGS $ ClusterID $ cust_database $ cust_id $ Cust_name $ Address1 $ Address2 $ City $ state $ Zip $; run; ...

Search for text in a text field
Hi When posting a search box for the users, how do you take their input and search whether or not it is contained in a text field in many records and then diplay the records which contains the input. Thanks in advance, Luke. There is a function called InStr that will probably do what you require. Cheers, Chris "Luke Jones" <luke_jones_82@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:24bb1508.0407080157.d587c63@posting.google.com... > Hi > > When posting a search box for the users, how do you take their input > and search whether or not it is contained in a text field in many > records and then diplay the records which contains the input. > > Thanks in advance, > > Luke. ...

Re: Trouble Reading in PIPE delimited text file #2
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:19:37 -0800, Aaron <junkmail115@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Greetings, > >I was wondering if anyone else ever ran into problems importing a pipe >delimited text file. The extract was taken from SQL server 2005. When >I read in the file all the data is corrupted. I have no problem >importing the text file into access directly. However, when I try and >use StatTransfer again the data comes through corrupted. Any >suggestions would be much appreciated. > >data sample; > infile 'W:\Clients A-M\Ashley\2007 11 30 Behavioral Analytics\RFM >Analysis\Update nov08(2004-2008) Data\RFMCust_for_2004.txt' > delimiter='|' firstobs=2 obs=1000; > input >wrt_database $ >wrt_storeid $ >wrt_pft_ctr $ >wrt_cust_id $ >wrt_chg_dat $ >wrt_so_no $ >Quantity $ >Sales $ >COGS $ >ClusterID $ >cust_database $ >cust_id $ >Cust_name $ >Address1 $ >Address2 $ >City $ >state $ >Zip $; >run; What do you mean by "corrupted"? I suspect that some of these fields have more than 8 characters and are therefore being truncated because there are no informat or length declarations for them. ...

text field only for text
Hi I would like some help about the following : I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I limit this situation ? So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. TIA Paulo "Paulo Rodrigues" <amigo.alf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:<newscache$kgmtmh$bb1$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt>... > Hi > > I would like some help about the following : > > I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I > limit > this situation ? > > So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. > > TIA > Paulo Paulo, the online help is your FRIEND. Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) If KeyAscii >= 48 And KeyAscii <= 57 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Sub Just put this code in the KeyPress event of whatever text field you do not want to contain numbers. OR you could glue thumbtacks to the number keys on all your users keyboards... Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. Avoid magic numbers, especially when you can use builtin VBA constants. The following is a little more intuitive to read and a future developer does not have to lookup 48 and 57 to see exactly what is being blocked. Private Sub Text2_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) 'Cancel any numeric keys If KeyAscii >= vbKey0 And KeyAscii <= vbKey9 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Sub The above solu...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther .Label1.Caption = "Enter Event name - 14 character maximum" .Text1.MaxLength = 14 .Text1.Text = "Airport" End With FrmBGOther.Show End Sub '#### this is on FrmBGOther Private Sub CmdAccept_Click() FrmMain.Label3 = StrConv(Text1.Text, vbProperCase) Text1.Text = "" FrmBGOther.Hide End Sub This what you're looking for? Text1.SelStart = 0 Text1.SelLength = Len(Text1.Text) Text1.SetFocus "Jim Y" <j.s.yablonsky@NOSPAM.att.net> wrote in message news:ZQjCe.4550$5N3.2631@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can > be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text > Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to t...

raw text, source text?
I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails I get is bad. It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At the end of most llines and other places. It can't send an apostrophe correctly. Instead it looks like �tm And something it sends looks like ·� � � � � � �, Maybe this is just more A's but what it looks like in my email is some Germanic R with a big dot next and 6 tiny �'s that look like the surf coming in. Once a month ago the email from one sender came in looking good, but he told me it was nothing he did and nothing he had control over. And the next time he wrote, it looked as bad as ever. Ralph in the Agent ng said that I'm getting the raw text and I should turn that off. AIUI, the raw text is always off in Eudora. I"m using version 7.1.0.9, the last or next to last version of the original Eudora. In fact there have been times over the last 20 years that I wanted to see the source text, but I couldnt' figure out how. So, how do I turn on the raw text? How do I turn off the raw text in the case of these two Gmail senders. Thanks. On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 00:23:38 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@bigfoot.com> wrote: >I have two people who write me using Gmail and the format of the emails >I get is bad. > >It has capital �'s all over the place. I can't tell the pattern. At >the end of mos...

Text ( unicode ) To Text (ANSI)
Dear Sir, I have a text file ( unicode) i want to transfer this file to text ( Ansi ) by command Read up on MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Intl/unicode_17si.asp ...

Flowing text around text
Hi all, Could please someone tell me how to get text flowing around a framed piece of text with colored background? Something like: text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text | Some piece of information goes here | text text text text | | text text text text ----------------------------------------------- text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text except that I am unable to represent colored background in ASCII. :-) Of course, I can always turn the piece of text into a picture and then use some package such as wrapfig to...

Overloading || ( text,text ) operator
Hi, I was trying to overload concat operator ||(text,text) such a way that it behaves like Oracle. i.e. I want 'abc' || null to return 'abc' instead of null. I know that it is not the expected behaviour in postgres, but since I am migrating the database from oracle to postgres , I need this behaviour. But when I try to drop the existing || operator, I get the following error ERROR: cannot drop operator ||(text,text) because it is required by the database system Also I cannot modify the application which runs over the database. Hence I cannot overload || (varchar,varchar) and use it. Is there any way of overloading the || operator , such that it behaves like Oracle? ( I know that Oracle behaviour is wrong , but my aim is to move an existing application which runs on Oracle to Postgres :-( ) Thanks, Abhiman Suresh Tri wrote: > > But when I try to drop the existing || operator, I get the following > error > ERROR: cannot drop operator ||(text,text) because it is required by > the database system > > Also I cannot modify the application which runs over the database. > Hence I cannot overload || (varchar,varchar) and use it. > > Is there any way of overloading the || operator , such that it behaves > like Oracle? ( I know that Oracle behaviour is wrong , but my aim is > to move an existing application which runs on Oracle to Postgres :-( > ) Your best bet might be to define...

text
Hello, I want to distribute a program which displays a lot of text in various text or label controls. I aim to set the text within the program itself, rather than reading it from a txt file. I know how to do this OK, but are there any tips or tricks for writing out / handling / storing long text strings within the code? Thanks KK Start a resource file for the project. (The Resource Editor can be opened via the toolbar button that looks like the Regedit icon.) In the Res. editor: Double-click the "abc" icon to open the string table. In the string table window click the left-most icon to create a new row. You'll get a text field numbered 101 where you can enter and save a string. In your program, when you want to use that string: s = LoadResString(101) -- _____________________________ mayayXXana1a@mindYYspring.com For return email remove XX and YY. _____________________________ KK <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:cs33su$p78$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hello, > > I want to distribute a program which displays a lot of text in various text > or label controls. I aim to set the text within the program itself, rather > than reading it from a txt file. I know how to do this OK, but are there any > tips or tricks for writing out / handling / storing long text strings within > the code? > > Thanks > > KK > > ...

text
Hello, I have installed oracle xe 10g on linux debian. I'm trying to scan a word files using context index, it is my code: CREATE INDEX file_index ON files(path) INDEXTYPE IS ctxsys.context PARAMETERS ('datastore ctxsys.file_datastore format column ot_format'); Path is a real path to word file on disk. But indexing process isn't finishing success, because when I execute: select * from ctx_user_index_errors I see a lot of error's DRG-11207 and information that documents was not indexing. I have read that it's a bug oracle 9 database, additional I have found instruction how to resolve this problem. There was path also, which I have installed. It's doesn't help me. Could you help me? Sorry for my English, I'm still learning. Best regard sw sw wrote: > Hello, > > I have installed oracle xe 10g on linux debian. I'm trying to scan a word > files using context index, it is my code: > > CREATE INDEX file_index ON files(path) INDEXTYPE IS ctxsys.context > PARAMETERS > > ('datastore ctxsys.file_datastore format column ot_format'); > > Path is a real path to word file on disk. But indexing process isn't > finishing success, because when I execute: > > select * > > from ctx_user_index_errors > > I see a lot of error's DRG-11207 and information that documents was not > indexing. > > I have read that it's a bug oracle 9 database, additional I...

Shop-Vac 962-19-00 Ultra Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum 18-Gallon, 6.5-HP
Price:$307.00 Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000VY07QW Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000VY07QW * Features super quiet operation * Single stage bypass motor * 18' cord * Ultra Pro Series with handle * Includes 2-1/2" diameter x 8' lock-on hose, two 2-1/2" extension wands, 14" floor nozzle with brush, 14" squeegee insert, 8" utility nozzle, crevice tool, concentrator nozzle, ergonomic elbow grip, hose-holding cup, cartridge filter, collection filter bag, and foam sleeve * 18 gallon * 6.5 peak HP motor ...

Tk text search and elided text
All, I'm having trouble understanding the following text widget behavior. I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.4.9. I've got a text widget with some elided text. A search returns the position L.C (properly), but a subsequent search starting at L.C for the same string fails to return L.C. However, a search with the option -elide does return L.C. The elided text is at the beginning of the line, a good 60 characters before the text in question. Here's the example: # -------------------------------- end toplevel .bfw pack [set t [text .bfw.t]] -expand 1 -fill both set elidetext "to elide" $t tag configure toelide -elide 1 $t insert end "random\n" $t insert end ${elidetext} toelide "something here missing instantiation\n" $t insert end ${elidetext} toelide "other text missing instantiation\n" puts [set res [$t search inst 1.0]] # prints 2.62 - proper starting point for 'inst' puts [$t search inst $res] # prints 3.57 - second occurrence of 'inst' puts [$t search -elide inst $res] # prints 2.62 - first occurrence of 'inst' # -------------------------------- end Am I doing something wrong? Is there some expectation I shouldn't have? I figured that all 3 searches should return 2.62. thanks, TJ bigfaceworm wrote: > All, > > I'm having trouble understanding the following text widget behavior. > I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.4.9. > ...

redirect text to file; text widget
I've loaded text from a file into the text widget, and having edited it would like to redirect it back into a file, but haven't found a handle for it. If there was an attribute such as the "-textvariable" option for the entry and label widgets, I could echo it into a file from another widget (button, etc). Thanks ..t get 0 end "John Peters" <john@jpeters.net> wrote in message news:20060701143102.70526542.john@jpeters.net... > > I've loaded text from a file into the text widget, and having edited it > would like to redirect it back into a file, but haven't found a handle for > it. If there was an attribute such as the "-textvariable" option for the > entry and label widgets, I could echo it into a file from another widget > (button, etc). Thanks Usman, Your solution is incorrect. The first character in a text index is 1.0, not 0. Usman Muzaffar wrote: > .t get 0 end > > "John Peters" <john@jpeters.net> wrote in message > news:20060701143102.70526542.john@jpeters.net... > >>I've loaded text from a file into the text widget, and having edited it >>would like to redirect it back into a file, but haven't found a handle for >>it. If there was an attribute such as the "-textvariable" option for the >>entry and label widgets, I could echo it into a file from another widget >>(button, etc). Thanks > > >...

Converting Text to Proper Text in SQL
Given a string it should convert it to a proper text. Example: if you passed a string 'Cat in the hat', I want 'Cat In The Hat' Curious about few things, Does sql have Instr OR Split(like VB) functionality Anybody can help?? (m.ramana@gmail.com) writes: > Given a string it should convert it to a proper text. > Example: if you passed a string 'Cat in the hat', I want 'Cat In The > Hat' I though "Cat in the Hat" was the proper title text in English, and "Cat In The Hat" is what you get when you use a computer? SQL Server is not strong on text maninpulation. You would have to loop over the string, either one by one, or possibly piece by piece with charindex(). There is no built-in for this. > Curious about few things, Does sql have Instr OR Split(like VB) > functionality I would encourage you to look at Functions->String Functions in the T-SQL References in Books Online. There you can learn about all functions to manipulate strings in T-SQL. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp m.ramana@gmail.com wrote: > Given a string it should convert it to a proper text. > Example: if you passed a string 'Cat in the hat', I want 'Cat In The > Hat' > > Curious about few things, Does sql have Instr OR Split(like VB) > functionality > > Anybody can h...

replacing text for use in a text area...
Hi Gurus I have a PHP page that allows a user to preview an email and then send it if(s)he is happy with it. Otherwise, they can click on an edit button and edit the text of the message. The text is then shown in a textarea element. While in situation A (the preview), a bit of formatting is useful (e.g <BR>), all of this formatting is a nuisance in the textarea. Basically, I would like to do the following: a. replace <BR> with a line break for the textarea b. get rid of double spaces and tabs before the text is loaded in the textarea c. put the <BR>s back in when the user is finished with editing the message. Is there a way to do this? TIA - Nicolaas WindAndWaves wrote: > Hi Gurus Hi, I am no guru. :P > > I have a PHP page that allows a user to preview an email and then send it > if(s)he is happy with it. > > Otherwise, they can click on an edit button and edit the text of the > message. The text is then shown in a textarea element. > > While in situation A (the preview), a bit of formatting is useful (e.g > <BR>), all of this formatting is a nuisance in the textarea. > > Basically, I would like to do the following: > a. replace <BR> with a line break for the textarea Suppose $content contains the htmlformatted body of the email: $content = str_replace("<br>","\n",$content); > b. get rid of double spaces and tabs before the text is loaded in the > texta...

format bold text in a text box
I have a text box with this: =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. Could I do this? You would needt use an RTF control for this. Hav a look at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Terry Kreft "yiannis" <postnews@freemail.gr> wrote in message news:eeatc8$oql$1@volcano1.grnet.gr... > I have a text box with this: > =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] > > I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. > > Could I do this? > > ...

Web resources about - Text Troubles - comp.paint-shop-pro

The Troubles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The key issues at stake were the constitutional status of Northern Ireland and the relationship between its two main communities. Unionists and ...

Ultimate Bubble Trouble Shooter Game - Play Free Fun Kids Puzzle Games on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ultimate Bubble Trouble Shooter Game - Play Free Fun Kids Puzzle Games on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Double Trouble - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Dawn Huczek's photos on Flickr. Dawn Huczek has uploaded 935 photos to Flickr.

Romney's False New Ad's A Sure Sign He Knows He's In Trouble In Ohio - YouTube
Romney's False New Ad's A Sure Sign He Knows He's In Trouble In Ohio - YouTube

Private Sydney: Trouble in paradise for Mariah Carey and James Packer?
Could there be trouble brewing in James Packer and Mariah Carey's paradise?

Why the cashed-up Sydney Roosters refuse to buy their way out of trouble
Sydney Roosters have their three highest paid stars on the sideline long term and money to spend under the salary cap but won't panic into signing ...

2002 VHS tape rental gets North Carolina man in trouble
CBS News 2002 VHS tape rental gets North Carolina man in trouble CBS News CONCORD, N.C. A North Carolina man says he was arrested for failing ...

Norris leaves with back trouble, Blue Jays beat Tigers 16-1
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) — Tigers starter Daniel Norris exited because of tightness in his lower back after getting just one out and Toronto Blue ...

Global Warming Guru Blames ‘Deniers’ For Legal Troubles
'He added that it is possible that someone could have sent messages to her using his identity'

'Bates Motel' Season 4 Episode 4 Spoilers: Norman Tells Dylan That Norma Is In Trouble
... "Bates Motel," Norman (Freddie Highmore) calls Dylan (Max Thieriot) from Pineview Institute to tell him that Norma (Vera Farmiga) is in trouble. ...