"MPICH2 not installed or unable to query"

Hello folks,

I tried to connect 2 computers via Mpich2, v1.05 and oy Windows 2000.
After starting wmpconfig.exe on machine A I use the "Get Settings"
button to retrieve the data from computer B. However, it gives me the
error "MPICH2 not installed or unable to query". The version number is
returned, though. When calling mpiexec.exe, the message is"Aborting:
unable to connect to machineB". Both machines are in the same domain
and can see each other in network dialog.

Basically I downloaded mpich2-1.0.5p2-win32-ia32.msi executable and
ran that. On both machines, I chose the same passphrase when prompted.
After that, I directly started wmpconfig.exe and specified my windows
user account and password for registration (not admin).

Is there anything else to do beside the steps I have mentioned above?

Thanks in advance

0
heidegg (11)
4/11/2007 12:20:24 PM
comp.parallel.mpi 1534 articles. 0 followers. kisitanggang (69) is leader. Post Follow

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"out" and "in out"

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Query:difference between with "/" and without "/"?
Hello Everybody:When we create a File instance,just like:File file = new File("/home/dowson/");File file = new File("/home/dowson");What's the difference between the two sentences?Thanks in advance!Dowson. Jack Dowson wrote:> When we create a File instance,just like:> File file = new File("/home/dowson/");> File file = new File("/home/dowson");> What's the difference between the two sentences?The first is always a dir. The second can be only a dirand a file.Often both works fine.Arne In a previous article, Jack Dowson <jckdwsn@aol....

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

Gary Sokolich """"""

how to change "/" to "\"
iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. olympie@gmail.com wrote: > iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing > the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. sed 's/\//\\/g' will replace all '/' with '\' srp -- http://saju.net.in Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote: >> iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing >> the pattrern "/" to "\" using ...

"static" prefix
I've been playing with the Checkstyle "Require this" check. http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_coding.html#RequireThis This forces you to distinguish between local variables, instance variables and static variables in you code - buy using "this.var" for all instance variables and "Classname.var" for all static variables. It (optionally) does the same for all method calls. Essentially, I like the effect - but it highlights the need for a static prefix in Java to match the "this" prefix. Just as "this." refers to the instance, the ...

why have both "." and "->" ?
I used to remember why c++ needed both ? Could somebody help me here ? For example class A{ f(); }; A* aa; You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. Raj "raj" <rajkumar@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:d7fee6d0.0406230748.694b966b@posting.google.com... > I used to remember why c++ needed both ? > Could somebody help me here ? > > For example > > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++...

what does the "+" and the "-" mean?
I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of course, a friend has just asked me and I now forget. I've searched all over the place with no results. Anyone know? TIA! .. -------------------------------------- Mike Richter, were you born with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face? -------------------------------------- roscoe james wrote: > > I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of > course, a friend h...

How to change "/" to "\"
Now, the output as below /a/b/c.txt b/c.txt x:/b/c.txt , Need to change x:\b\c.txt #!/bin/ksh # echo.ksh a=/a/b/c.txt echo $a echo ${a#/*/} y=`echo x:/${a#/*/} | tr -s '/' '\'` echo $y moon wrote: > Now, the output as below > > /a/b/c.txt > b/c.txt > x:/b/c.txt , Need to change x:\b\c.txt > > > #!/bin/ksh > # echo.ksh > a=/a/b/c.txt > echo $a > echo ${a#/*/} > y=`echo x:/${a#/*/} | tr -s '/' '\'` > echo $y > > One escape necessary: echo x:/${a#/*/} | tr -s '/' '\\' Two escapes necessar...

Unable to support "feedforwardnet" or "newff"
Hi All, I am using MATLAB 7.5.0(R 2007b). I am now trying to build a feedforward neural network. When Iam using the conventional NEWFF, I have an obsolete usage warning and also an error saying OUT OF MEMORY. But when I am trying to use the new function "FEEDFORWARDNET", my MATLAB version is not supporting this function. I have temporarily fixed the problem using NEWELM but I am not sure about its functionality. Can you plz suggest a course of action and is this an unusual problem of having no support for both newff and feedforwardnet. Thank you Suman Sadhu &quo...

What is the difference between "MPI::DOUBLE" and "double"
Hi all, I am using c++ with MPI. Assume that my variables in program is "double". When I want to sent my data with MPI_sent, I have to issue like this MPI::COMM_WORLD.Send ( buffer, count, MPI::DOUBLE, dest, tag ); I do not know why can not we issue like this MPI::COMM_WORLD.Send ( buffer, count, double, dest, tag ); I also issue sizeof command 1. sizeof(MPI::DOUBLE) 2. sizeof(double) The results is strange. For 1, sizeof(MPI::DOUBLE) =24 For 2, sizeof(double) =8 Why is the difference between two versions of double? Thank you in advanced. Chat I have one another strange...

"==" is NOT TRUE "==", WHY?
[CODE START] x=5; y=8; if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) a = 3 else a = 8 end [CODE END] When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. Why? Kindly advise. Thanks. "onemilimeter Chen" <onemm@example.com> wrote in message <g7adrj$5tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > [CODE START] > x=5; > y=8; > if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) > a = 3 > else > a = 8 > end > [CODE END] > > When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. > When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. > > Why? ...

Running "MPI" program on "Cluster"
Hello everyone, I have a program having Master and Slave kind of nature. I want to execute those on a cluster. for cluster there is a master and 2 slaves. cluster master does decomposition of work and slave executes that. i know IP`s of both slave but i want to know the command by which i can execute the or options in mpirun. Thanku, M D C In article <320c9a76-fe5c-4ff1-b674-5248db10759d@googlegroups.com>, Meenal Chougule <meenal.chougule@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I have a program having Master and Slave kind of nature. I want to execute those on a cluster. > > for cluster there is a master and 2 slaves. cluster master does decomposition of work and slave executes that. > > i know IP`s of both slave but i want to know the command by which i can execute the or options in mpirun. > I'm not sure what "the or options in mpirun" means here (maybe a typo?), and I'm not sure I understand your situation, but some comments/questions that might clarify: Traditionally (MPI 1.x) MPI programs were strictly SPMD ("single program, multiple data"), and in this model you would have a single executable, compiled from code that includes processing for both master and slave, and you would launch three copies of this executable with "mpirun", and each copy would know (based on the output of MPI_Comm_rank) whether it should behave a...

"clients-per-query" vs "max-clients-per-query"
Hi, I'm trying to understand the difference between clients-per-query & max-clients-per-query. I found a nice explanation by Mark Andrews here [1] but then I wondered about max-clients-per-query. Given a "clients-per-query" of 10, I assume that named will only queue up 10 clients before it starts dropping queries. As far as I understand, there would be one outstanding recursive-client (doing the actual recursion for a given name/type) and when it finally receives the answer it will give it to the other 9 clients that were waiting. For me, this "clients-p...

Re: "out" and "in out"
"no reliable initial value" means, you cannot rely on the value, but it may have a value. This depends on the parameter passing mechanism, which is _not_ related to the parameter mode (contrary to what many people think). So the parameter mode is there (nearly) solely for the information of the reader. The parameter passing mechanism for all kinds of parameters is defined in the RM. There are parameters passed by copy (in and out), by reference; for some it is explicitly left undefined. In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely...

"A" is not equal "A"?
I was trying to convert String Array to String A through cycle and than compare the result with String B but eventhough results were the same it returned false. I'am working in BlueJ 3.1.0 Code is: public boolean Method () { String[] Example = {"a","b","c"}; String A = ""; String B = "abc" for (int i = 0; i<3 ; i++) { A = A + Example[i]; } if (A == B) { return true; } } never got true... I appreciate any suggestions how to solve this Den 08.04.2014 10:06, skrev 245dav@gmail.com:...

"plot", "imshow" and "quiver"
Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, the YDir parameter under Axis Properties is set to "reverse" by default. To me this seems counter intuitive. Why wouldn't YDir be "normal" by default? When set at "normal" it turns out that my image is actually flipped upside down. On the contrary, when use "quiver" command to plot a vector field, the YDir is set at "normal" by default. Even though this makes more sense to me, because "reversed" YDir is the correct way to display an image (as in "imshow"), the result of "quiver" is that the vector fields this time depict the objects as if they are upside down... So every time I use "quiver" I always add the following line to revert the objects back to its normal orientation... set(gca, 'YDir', 'reverse')... In addition, "plot" uses "normal" setting for YDir. The only issue I have is that I use these commands fairly frequently in my job and sometimes they can get a little bit confusing in terms of display. So I wonder why MATLAB hasn't standardized them so that the objects always get displayed the same way. It's just a comment I have. Thank you. "Clare " <flyingclare@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hefvdk$3md$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, > the ...

Web resources about - "MPICH2 not installed or unable to query" - comp.parallel.mpi