odd-even transposition sort

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Can somebody help me with odd-even transposition sort?
If somebody have this code please send to me?

0
Reply bundovski.aleksandar (1) 5/12/2007 5:07:52 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.parallel.mpi 1527 articles. 7 followers. Post

Speedup of Odd-Even Transposition Sort
Hi all, I know that the worst case scenario of Odd-Even Transposition Sort running on n processors sorting n numbers is O(n). However, I've seen mentions of the absolute speedup being O(log n). How is this value obtained? Thank you. Regards, Rayne -- ...

Speedup of parallel odd-even transposition sort
Hi all, I understand that the worst case sort time for parallel odd-even transposition sort using n processors sorting n numbers is O(n), but I've read that the absolute speedup is O(log n), and I can't understand how that came about. Can anyone explain it to me? Thank you. Regards, Rayne ...

odd-even sort
apa bisa odd-even diterapkan di ethrnet topologi star?minta panduan tentang algoritma parallelnya pada sistem sorting data.makasih ...

Even-Odd sorting
Hello. It seems a year is all it takes for one's proficiency in C++ to become too rusty. Professionally, I've been away from the language (and from programming in general), but I still preserve an appreciation for it. So I decided to toy with some idea, just for fun and for evaluating how rusty I'd become. "Let me write a simple functor for sorting the elements of a collection! I will start with a simple collection of integers.", I thought. I then chose an unusual criterion for the sorting: "I'd like the elements to be ordered so that the even members sh...

sorting even and odd numbers
Can anyone suggest a good way to sort according to odd and even? I have a database of properties and it would be useful to organize according to which side of the street they're on (ie odd/even #). I'm using FM7. Thanks for any advice! David In article <p49%c.4415$RP5.1813@fe51.usenetserver.com>, "DavidF" <mindfulnesspractice@yahoo.com> wrote: > Can anyone suggest a good way to sort according to odd and even? I have a > database of properties and it would be useful to organize according to which > side of the street they're on (ie odd/even #)....

Side-by-side in Texshop even/odd odd/even ?
I use TexShop 2.47 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 to display pdf files, and it is great. I'm looking for a way to get TexShop to display pages, side-by-side, say, pages 25 and 26, and then when I advance, it would show pages 26 and 27. However, with everything I've tried (including the "Go to page" box), TexShop advances by 2 pages, showing me pages 27 and 28. NB: The split-window button splits the window into an upper-part and a lower-part. If I could get it to split into a left-part and right-part, that would be good enough, as I could adviance the two pages separately....

Odds and evens, or just odds
Does anyone know of an algorithm to check if a number is odd or even and perform a calculation to ensure that number becomes either odd or even depending on user choice. The output must be non-destructive to the original number, i.e. get the original number back by reversing the algorithm or using a different algorithm. Problem set by our teacher, sounds simple but has us all worried. Thanks Phil Phil wrote: > Does anyone know of an algorithm to check if a number is odd or even > and perform a calculation to ensure that number becomes either odd or > even depending on user choice...

even or odd
If I need to check whether I have an even clock cycle or odd, how can I do it? should I use a counter? If using a counter, do I %2 it to check if it returns 0 or 1? Is there an easier way to check for even or odd clock cycles? thanks crazyrdx wrote: > If I need to check whether I have an even clock cycle or odd, how can I > do it? should I use a counter? If using a counter, do I %2 it to check > if it returns 0 or 1? Is there an easier way to check for even or odd > clock cycles? > > thanks > Yes, use a T type flip flop. Thjis is a flip flop that toggles every clock c...

even or odd
The program always shows that the input is odd. int main () { int n, d; printf ("Enter a Number: "); scanf ("%d", &n); d=1; if (d==n) { printf ("The number is odd\n"); } else if (d < n) { for (; d<n; d+=2); printf ("The number is odd\n"); } else { printf ("The number is even\n"); } -- Mustafa El Sayid melsayid <melsayid@gmail.com> wrote: > The program always shows that the input is odd. No, it doesn't. Try ente...

Odds/Evens
Anyone know of a simple calculation that can test whether a given week is odd or even? Here's the thing: I have a school timetable that tumbles: week 1 the order of periods is 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 while week 2 the order of periods is 2 - 1 - 3 - 4. Every other week is a week 2 timetable. If it's week 1, then XYZ will result, but if it's week 2, ABC will result. So what I need to do is generate a simple way of saying if it's the week of, say, March 22 - 26 it's a week 2, so do ABC. I know I could use a brute force CASE statement, but I was hoping for something portable so that...

odd? and even?
What should be the behavior of odd? and even? for: 1. inexact integers, 2. exact non-integers, 3. inexact non-integers? Should some of them by errors? Or should both return false sometimes? Guile and Bigloo signal errors, but R5RS suggests they should be defined for all numbers. -- __("< Marcin Kowalczyk \__/ qrczak@knm.org.pl ^^ http://qrnik.knm.org.pl/~qrczak/ Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <qrczak@knm.org.pl> writes: > What should be the behavior of odd? and even? for: > 1. inexact integers, > 2. exact non-integers, > 3. inexact ...

Even and odds
Is there a function in Matlab for extinguishing which is even number and which is odd? Jack wrote: > Is there a function in Matlab > for extinguishing which is even number and which is > odd? mod(number,2) should do the trick. the result is 0 for even and 1 for odd numbers. however, make sure that number is an integer (or apply FIX, CEIL, FLOOR, or ROUND first). michael Jack: <SNIP the everlasting even? odd?... one of the solutions % naturally, only integers should be tested... a=-10:10; r=bitand(abs(a),1) us > > Is there a function in Matlab > > fo...

Odd or Even ??
Hi all, I have string "714BE"(actually this is the data in hexa decimal,but I have read as string from a file), I need to find out whether it is ODD or EVEN, Please can any one help me out in this. rgds Sree "Sree" <serverin2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e9936b79.0311210829.7b28cce4@posting.google.com... > I have string "714BE"(actually this is the data in hexa decimal,but > I have read as string from a file), I need to find out whether it is > ODD or EVEN, Please can any one help me out in this. It's even. When faced with ...

even or odd
Hello everybody, is there anybody who can tell me, if there is a function which tells me if an integer is even or odd? I'll be really glad, if you can help me soon. Thanks so much. Pat "Patricia Fabiano" <pfab@noname.com> wrote in message news:ef09f57.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hello everybody, > > is there anybody who can tell me, if there is a function which tells > me if an integer is even or odd? > > I'll be really glad, if you can help me soon. > > Thanks so much. > > Pat There is no builtin function. You can write your own very e...

Even/odd
How about even and odd functions built-in: bool x; x = even(num); x = odd(num); "Edward Seger" <edward.h.seger@saic.com> wrote in message <fak6ev$t2k$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > How about even and odd functions built-in: > > bool x; > > x = even(num); > x = odd(num); So what's wrong with <mod> ? mod(x,2) 0 if even, 1 if odd Steve Amphlett: <SNIP down to typical even/odd algorithm... > mod(x,2) > 0 if even, 1 if odd % now, since even/odd should be integers, % this may fail, eg, n=-4:4; m=n; even=mod(m,2)==0;...

odd even
is there any command in which we can directly identify either a number is odd or even.. if x = 2 then there should be a direct command to check weather x is odd or even.. i am a new user "Mir " <tarisk4u@gmail.com> wrote in message <gv1krn$e9j$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > is there any command in which we can directly identify either a number is odd or even.. > > if x = 2 > > then there should be a direct command to check weather x is odd or even.. > > i am a new user Hi, Rem(x,2) equals 0 if x is odd, and 1 if even. Mira In article <gv1k...

Evens and odds
> The ability in loop to do even complex things like: > > (loop for x in '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7) > when (evenp x) > collect x into evens > else > collect x into odds > finally > (return (values evens odds))) > => (2 4 6), (1 3 5 7) Factor: { 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 } [ even? ] partition --- Data stack: { 2 4 6 } { 1 3 5 7 } WJ wrote: > > The ability in loop to do even complex things like: > > > > (loop for x in '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7) > > when (evenp x) > > collect ...

even or odd?
Hiya, I have a number x, for which I'd like to check if the number is even or odd. if it is even I'd like to use it as it is but if it odd I'd like to round it tot the nearest even number and use it. I tried the following check= mod(x,2) if check ==1 x=2*floor(x/2) else y=x I think the problem here is the else statement where I say y=x. How would i be able touse y as the final output from the loop when it is not even defined in the 'if' part of the signal. Can someone help me do this please? Hi, try this : M=[1:5;6:10] M+mod(M,2) J�r�me a=[-5:5] b=round(a/2...

Is zero even or odd?
I know 0 is neither negative or positive but what about odd/even? I think it's even. Odd numbers start at 1 and go every other number 1,3,5,7;1,-1,-3,-5,-7 Even starts at 2 and go every other number 2,4,6,8;2,0,-2,-4,-6,-8 Gactimus wrote: > I know 0 is neither negative or positive but what about odd/even? I thi= nk > it's even.=20 >=20 > Odd numbers start at 1 and go every other number 1,3,5,7;1,-1,-3,-5,-7 > Even starts at 2 and go every other number 2,4,6,8;2,0,-2,-4,-6,-8 As it can be divided by 2 without a remainder, it is obviously even. --=20 Josef M=F6llers (...

Odd sort() problem
I friend of mine recently accessed me for a little one liner to nicely display all the paths in the $PATH vartiable on his NT 5.1 (aka XP Pro) machine: (sorry for word wrap) C:\> perl -e "print qq{\n}, join(qq{\n}, sort { lc{$a} cmp lc($b) } split(/;/, $ENV {'PATH'})), qq{\n};" C:\Program Files\Borland\JBuilder6\jdk1.3.1\bin C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\ C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel C:\usr\local\wbin C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\perl\bin\ C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Projects\Bpl C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~...

odd or even page
Hi! I use the report class and would like to to know how to find out if I am currently on an odd or even page. I am sure there is a variable for this, isn't it? Thank you. Cheers. +rainer -- @ Rainer Hubovsky @ rainer@hubovsky.net @ Ferdinandstrasse 29/15, A-1020 Wien @ Tel/Fax: +43 1 94 60 554 Rainer Hubovsky <hubovsky@atlan.hubovsky.net> writes: > I use the report class and would like to to know how to find out if I am > currently on an odd or even page. I am sure there is a variable for this, > isn't it? Nope, but it's a FAQ: http://www.tex.ac...

odd/even bitwise and
Some people prefer to use "if (x & 1)" to see if a number is odd or even. Is this completely portable according to the standard? "Serve Laurijssen" <cs@nospam.comp.com> wrote in message news:eJucc.5394$RU5.83970@zonnet-reader-1... > "if (x & 1)" > to see if a number is odd or even. Is this completely portable according to > the standard? I don't know what does this have to do with the standard, but the thing is an odd number will ALWAYS have bit 0 set to '1' and an even number will always have bit 0 set to '0'. This ...

even-odd decomposition
Hi........... How to decompose a polynomial into even-odd decoposition for ex: D=[1 2 32 26 65 -8 1] into: D_even=[1 0 32 0 65 0 1]; D_odd=[2 0 26 0 -8]; Thanks Hi, D=[1 2 32 26 65 -8 1]; D_even=D.*rem(D,2) D_odd=D.*(~rem(D,2)) J�r�me Not exactly right D=[1 2 32 26 65 -8 1]; D_even=D.*rem(D,2) ,will give us D_even=[1 0 0 0 65 0 1] its not =[1 0 32 0 65 0 1] and D_odd=D.*(~rem(D,2)), will give us D_odd=[0 2 32 26 0 -8 0] its not=[2 0 26 0 -8] Thanks J�r�me wrote: > > > Hi, > > D=[1 2 32 26 65 -8 1]; > D_even=D.*rem(D,2) > D_odd=D.*(~rem(D,2)) > > J�r�me So...

odd and even signals
hello I would like to know how to produce the bit signal with 2 baud signals for DQPSK demodulation I is the odd of the bit signal and Q is the even signal of bit signal clk_bit is twice clk_baud I have two signals I and Q and I want to generate out_bit with these two signals I and Q I made it like this but I think that it is not the right solution Do you have suggestion about this design ? signal I, Q : in std_logic; ECH_IQ : process (init,clk_baud) begin if init='1' then I_i <= '0'; Q_i <= '0'; elsif (clk_baud'event and clk_baud='1...