odd-even transposition sort

Can somebody help me with odd-even transposition sort?
If somebody have this code please send to me?

comp.parallel.mpi 1532 articles. 0 followers. kisitanggang (69) is leader. Post Follow

Speedup of parallel odd-even transposition sort
Hi all, I understand that the worst case sort time for parallel odd-even transposition sort using n processors sorting n numbers is O(n), but I've read that the absolute speedup is O(log n), and I can't understand how that came about. Can anyone explain it to me? Thank you. Regards, Rayne ...

Speedup of Odd-Even Transposition Sort
Hi all, I know that the worst case scenario of Odd-Even Transposition Sort running on n processors sorting n numbers is O(n). However, I've seen mentions of the absolute speedup being O(log n). How is this value obtained? Thank you. Regards, Rayne -- ...

odd-even sort
apa bisa odd-even diterapkan di ethrnet topologi star?minta panduan tentang algoritma parallelnya pada sistem sorting data.makasih ...

Even-Odd sorting
Hello. It seems a year is all it takes for one's proficiency in C++ to become too rusty. Professionally, I've been away from the language (and from programming in general), but I still preserve an appreciation for it. So I decided to toy with some idea, just for fun and for evaluating how rusty I'd become. "Let me write a simple functor for sorting the elements of a collection! I will start with a simple collection of integers.", I thought. I then chose an unusual criterion for the sorting: "I'd like the elements to be ordered so that the even members sh...

Side-by-side in Texshop even/odd odd/even ?
I use TexShop 2.47 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 to display pdf files, and it is great. I'm looking for a way to get TexShop to display pages, side-by-side, say, pages 25 and 26, and then when I advance, it would show pages 26 and 27. However, with everything I've tried (including the "Go to page" box), TexShop advances by 2 pages, showing me pages 27 and 28. NB: The split-window button splits the window into an upper-part and a lower-part. If I could get it to split into a left-part and right-part, that would be good enough, as I could adviance the two pages separately....

sorting even and odd numbers
Can anyone suggest a good way to sort according to odd and even? I have a database of properties and it would be useful to organize according to which side of the street they're on (ie odd/even #). I'm using FM7. Thanks for any advice! David In article <p49%c.4415$RP5.1813@fe51.usenetserver.com>, "DavidF" <mindfulnesspractice@yahoo.com> wrote: > Can anyone suggest a good way to sort according to odd and even? I have a > database of properties and it would be useful to organize according to which > side of the street they're on (ie odd/even #)....

Odds and evens, or just odds
Does anyone know of an algorithm to check if a number is odd or even and perform a calculation to ensure that number becomes either odd or even depending on user choice. The output must be non-destructive to the original number, i.e. get the original number back by reversing the algorithm or using a different algorithm. Problem set by our teacher, sounds simple but has us all worried. Thanks Phil Phil wrote: > Does anyone know of an algorithm to check if a number is odd or even > and perform a calculation to ensure that number becomes either odd or > even depending on user choice...

MPI Style parallel processing with parallel computing toolbox
It seems that the only way to have a no-shared memory communication-only ba= sed parallel programming model (la MPI) is by using the spmd construct and = using labindex to customize code execution. Is there a way for the main mat= lab process to communicate with the workers in spmd while they are working? The way I've been getting around this is by assigning one worker as a 'mast= er' and others as 'workers' galactic_fury <pratik.mallya@gmail.com> writes: > It seems that the only way to have a no-shared memory > communication-only based parallel pro...

even or odd?
Hiya, I have a number x, for which I'd like to check if the number is even or odd. if it is even I'd like to use it as it is but if it odd I'd like to round it tot the nearest even number and use it. I tried the following check= mod(x,2) if check ==1 x=2*floor(x/2) else y=x I think the problem here is the else statement where I say y=x. How would i be able touse y as the final output from the loop when it is not even defined in the 'if' part of the signal. Can someone help me do this please? Hi, try this : M=[1:5;6:10] M+mod(M,2) J�r�me a=[-5:5] b=round(a/2...

odd even
is there any command in which we can directly identify either a number is odd or even.. if x = 2 then there should be a direct command to check weather x is odd or even.. i am a new user "Mir " <tarisk4u@gmail.com> wrote in message <gv1krn$e9j$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > is there any command in which we can directly identify either a number is odd or even.. > > if x = 2 > > then there should be a direct command to check weather x is odd or even.. > > i am a new user Hi, Rem(x,2) equals 0 if x is odd, and 1 if even. Mira In article <gv1k...

even or odd
The program always shows that the input is odd. int main () { int n, d; printf ("Enter a Number: "); scanf ("%d", &n); d=1; if (d==n) { printf ("The number is odd\n"); } else if (d < n) { for (; d<n; d+=2); printf ("The number is odd\n"); } else { printf ("The number is even\n"); } -- Mustafa El Sayid melsayid <melsayid@gmail.com> wrote: > The program always shows that the input is odd. No, it doesn't. Try ente...

Even/odd
How about even and odd functions built-in: bool x; x = even(num); x = odd(num); "Edward Seger" <edward.h.seger@saic.com> wrote in message <fak6ev$t2k$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > How about even and odd functions built-in: > > bool x; > > x = even(num); > x = odd(num); So what's wrong with <mod> ? mod(x,2) 0 if even, 1 if odd Steve Amphlett: <SNIP down to typical even/odd algorithm... > mod(x,2) > 0 if even, 1 if odd % now, since even/odd should be integers, % this may fail, eg, n=-4:4; m=n; even=mod(m,2)==0;...

Evens and odds
> The ability in loop to do even complex things like: > > (loop for x in '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7) > when (evenp x) > collect x into evens > else > collect x into odds > finally > (return (values evens odds))) > => (2 4 6), (1 3 5 7) Factor: { 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 } [ even? ] partition --- Data stack: { 2 4 6 } { 1 3 5 7 } WJ wrote: > > The ability in loop to do even complex things like: > > > > (loop for x in '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7) > > when (evenp x) > > collect ...

Odd or Even ??
Hi all, I have string "714BE"(actually this is the data in hexa decimal,but I have read as string from a file), I need to find out whether it is ODD or EVEN, Please can any one help me out in this. rgds Sree "Sree" <serverin2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e9936b79.0311210829.7b28cce4@posting.google.com... > I have string "714BE"(actually this is the data in hexa decimal,but > I have read as string from a file), I need to find out whether it is > ODD or EVEN, Please can any one help me out in this. It's even. When faced with ...

Web resources about - odd-even transposition sort - comp.parallel.mpi

Transposition (music) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
. The melody on the first line is in the key of D, while the melody on the second line is identical except that it is major third lower, in the ...

Intro to 3D Modeling, Lesson 4: Object Selection and Transposition
This week we've been learning 3D modeling with Rhino 3D. Today we're taking a look at object selection and transposition.

Transposition Trainer
Transposition Trainer is the new App to train you like a pro in transposing music. Learn to play music in any key. Millions of music...

Transposition-Driven Genomic Heterogeneity in the Drosophila Brain
Transposons comprise a hefty chunk of the Drosophila genome and, unregulated, can generate mutations; thus, mechanisms exist to suppress transposon ...

Transposition of the great vessels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Transposition of the great vessels ( TGV ) is a group of congenital heart defects ( CHD s) involving an abnormal spatial arrangement of any of ...

Transposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Transposition (logic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the inferred proposition, the consequent is the contradictory of the antecedent in the original proposition, and the antecedent of the inferred ...

Modes of limited transposition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... the last note of each group always being common with the first of the following group. At the end of a certain number of chromatic transpositions ...

Transposition cipher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In cryptography , a transposition cipher is a method of encryption by which the positions held by units of plaintext (which are commonly characters ...

Transposition (law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Transposition is typically done by either primary or secondary legislation . The European Commission closely monitors that transposition is ...