SAC04-PDS: Parallel and Distributed Systems Track (ACM Symposium on Applied Computing)

ACM Symposium on Applied Computing-SAC 2004

Special Track on Parallel and Distributed Systems

Nicosia, Cyprus

March 14-17, 2004

http://www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/sac04-pds

CALL FOR PAPERS

------------------------------

A special track on Parallel and Distributed Systems will be held in SAC2004.

This track aims to be a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners

in academia, industry and research institutes to share technical ideas,

experiences and results and to present their latest findings in any aspects

of Parallel and Distributed Computing. The Track will emphasize the design,

architecture and software of parallel and distributed systems with their

scientific and engineering applications.

Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts that demonstrate current

research in all areas of parallel and distributed systems. The track

solicits novel papers on a broad range of topics, including but not limited
to:

* Parallel and Distributed Architectures

* Parallel and Distributed Algorithms

* Optimizing Compilers

* Programming Languages and Tools for Parallel Computing Systems

* Load Sharing and Balancing

* Task Mapping and Job Scheduling

* Resource Allocation and Management

* Applications for Clusters and Grids - Grid Computing

* Architecture and Operating system support for Parallel Systems

* Supercomputing Applications

* Scalable Servers

* Internet and WWW-based Computing

* Network-based and Cluster Computing Network Server Architectures

* Reliability and Fault-Tolerance

* Performance Analysis

Original papers from the above-mentioned or other related areas will be
considered.

This includes three categories of submissions: 1) original and unpublished
research;

2) reports of innovative computing applications in the arts, sciences,
engineering,

business, government, education and industry; and 3) reports of successful
technology

transfer to new problem domains. Each submitted paper will be fully refereed
and

undergo a blind review process by at least three referees. Accepted papers
in all

categories will be published in the ACM SAC'04 proceedings.

Submit your paper electronically to http://www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/sac04-pds
in PDF

or postscript (see the track web page for details). The author(s)

name(s) and

address(es) must not appear in any cover page or in the body of the paper,
and

self-reference should be in the third person. This is to facilitate blind
review.

Because the review process is blind, authors' names and affiliations should
appear

only on the electronic submission form. The final version (camera-ready) of
the

accepted papers should be submitted in PDF format so that they can be
included in

the proceedings as well as in the ACM Digital Library.

For more information contact: sac04-pds@cslab.ece.ntua.gr

Important Dates

------------------------

Paper Due: September 6, 2003

Author Notification: October 18, 2003

Camera-Ready Paper Due: November 8, 2003

Track Program Chairs

--------------------------------

Robert van Engelen, Florida State University, USA

Mario Furnari, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR), Italy

Nectarios Koziris, National Technical University of Athens, Greece

Kleanthis Psarris, The University of Texas at San Antonio, USA

0
goumas76 (8)
8/22/2003 9:50:24 AM
comp.parallel.mpi 1534 articles. 0 followers. kisitanggang (69) is leader. Post Follow

SAC04-PDS: Parallel and Distributed Systems Track (ACM Symposium on Applied Computing)-1 Week Extension
------------------------------------------------------------- ACM Symposium on Applied Computing-SAC 2004 Special Track on Parallel and Distributed Systems Nicosia, Cyprus March 14-17, 2004 http://www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/sac04-pds (Deadline Extended: New Paper Submission Date September 13, 2003) CALL FOR PAPERS ------------------------------ A special track on Parallel and Distributed Systems will be held in SAC2004. This track aims to be a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners in academia, industry and research institutes to share technical ideas, experiences and resul...

SAC04-PDS: Parallel and Distributed Systems Track (ACM Symposium on Applied Computing)-1 Week Extension
excuse me if you receive this more than once ------------------------------------------------------------- ACM Symposium on Applied Computing-SAC 2004 Special Track on Parallel and Distributed Systems Nicosia, Cyprus March 14-17, 2004 http://www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/sac04-pds (Deadline Extended: New Paper Submission Date September 13, 2003) CALL FOR PAPERS ------------------------------ A special track on Parallel and Distributed Systems will be held in SAC2004. This track aims to be a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners in academia, industry and research institutes to share technical ideas, experiences and results and to present their latest findings in any aspects of Parallel and Distributed Computing. The Track will emphasize the design, architecture and software of parallel and distributed systems with their scientific and engineering applications. Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts that demonstrate current research in all areas of parallel and distributed systems. The track solicits novel papers on a broad range of topics, including but not limited to: * Parallel and Distributed Architectures * Parallel and Distributed Algorithms * Optimizing Compilers * Programming Languages and Tools for Parallel Computing Systems * Load Sharing and Balancing * Task Mapping and Job Scheduling * Resource Allocation and Management * Applications for Clusters and Grids - Grid Computing * Architecture and Operating system support for ...

[...]

ACM SAC04-PDS Special Track on Parallel and Distributed Systems (Cyprus, Mar 04)
ACM Symposium on Applied Computing SAC 2004 Special Track on Parallel and Distributed Systems Nicosia, Cyprus March 14-17, 2004 http://www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/sac04-pds CALL FOR PAPERS A special track on Parallel and Distributed Systems will be held in SAC2004. This track aims to be a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners in academia, industry and research institutes to share technical ideas, experiences and results and to present their latest findings in any aspects of Parallel and Distributed Computing. The Track will emphasize the design, architecture and software of par...

CFP: The 23nd International ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC) 2014
**** CALL FOR PAPERS **** The 23nd International ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC-2014) Vancouver, Canada - June 23-27, 2014 http://www.hpdc.org/2014 The ACM International Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC) is the premier annual conference for presenting the latest research on the design, implementation, evaluation, and application of parallel and distributed systems for high-end computing. In 2014, the 23nd HPDC and affiliated workshops will take place in the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada during June 23-27, 2014. **** IMPORTANT DATES **** Abstracts Due: January 20, 2014 Papers Due: January 27, 2014 (no extensions) Author Rebuttal: March 14-18, 2014 Author Notifications: March 28, 2014 **** SCOPE AND TOPICS **** Submissions are welcomed on high-performance parallel and distributed computing topics including but not limited to: clouds, clusters, grids, Big Data, massively multicore, and global-scale computing systems. New scholarly research showing empirical and reproducible results in architectures, systems, and networks is strongly encouraged, as are experience reports of operational deployments that can provide insights for future research on HPDC applications and systems. All papers will be evaluated for their origi...

MPI Style parallel processing with parallel computing toolbox
It seems that the only way to have a no-shared memory communication-only ba= sed parallel programming model (la MPI) is by using the spmd construct and = using labindex to customize code execution. Is there a way for the main mat= lab process to communicate with the workers in spmd while they are working? The way I've been getting around this is by assigning one worker as a 'mast= er' and others as 'workers' galactic_fury <pratik.mallya@gmail.com> writes: > It seems that the only way to have a no-shared memory > communication-only based parallel programming model (la MPI) is by > using the spmd construct and using labindex to customize code > execution. Is there a way for the main matlab process to communicate > with the workers in spmd while they are working? There is not. The MATLAB client does not in fact have an MPI connection to the workers. > The way I've been getting around this is by assigning one worker as a > 'master' and others as 'workers' Could I ask what you're trying to do here? Cheers, Edric. Essentially, its a kind of a numerical method that I'm trying to paralleliz= e using a master-worker model. e.g take the problem of covering a surface w= ith polygons: the workers will generate polygons and send it back to the ma= ster, who will integrate it into the growing cover. On Wednesday, 20 February 2013 02:33:08 UTC-6, Edric M Ellis wrote: > ...

parallel computing , distribution computing
Hi, I have a matlab 2007b installed on my machine which has Distributed computing toolbox v3.2 installed. my questions are? 1. will i be able to do parallel computing using this versions of matlab including DCT? 2. I tried serchign for jobmanager but could not trace it. Do i have to install Parallel computing toolbox, seperately? I just could not proceed with my existing installations. What next should i do? All info above is required so that i could run two parallel optimizations originationg starting somewhere in between my original code. The original code does some input calculations. These values are then required for optimizations. However currently i run the optimizations sequentially one after the other> TO improve on the speed i am looking forward to run the two optimizations parallely. How do i do that? My current machine configurations are: Pentium 4 - 2,8Ghz, 1GB Ram. Is this suffucient? Also i may not be able to connect to another machine or server, will this still do the parallel or i have to connect elsewhere for optimium benefits? Please advice... Thanks in advance. Satish ...

parallel computing, distributed computing
HI, I have an optimization code which has some part code is common and required as inputs for the two optimization routines within. However once this is done, the remaining could be run parallely independednt of each other and imrovized on the speed and finally the two results could be fetched in one single main optimization file and compared. Though i feel this could be done, i do not knopw the exact procedure as well do not know if there is some setting to be done in matlab and modify my main code as well. Please note i have matlab 2007b and distributed computing toolbox v3.2. I...

parallel computing in distributed computing server
Hi, there, Is there some way that can use the parallel computing code such as parfor or spmd in the distributed computing server? I currently ran a test for comparing the difference between the parallel toolbox with in stand alone mode in a computer with two CPUs, and the distributed computing server in two computers(each of them using just one CPU). I found the computing capabilities are pretty much the same with each other. I was curious how to run a parallel computing in the distributed server. Thanks, Wei Wei, The Parallel Computing Toolbox (PCT) serves two purposes: leverage...

Parallel Computing in Distributed Computing Toolbox
I made the following function/script and I get an empty array of 4 by 0 I wanted to see if I could initialize labs with data, by attaching it to the root. jm = findResource('scheduler','configuration','jobmanager', 'name', ... 'IPS_Manager', 'LookupURL', 'ava-310848'); pjob = createParallelJob(jm); set(pjob, 'MinimumNumberOfWorkers', 4); set(pjob, 'MaximumNumberOfWorkers', 4); createTask(pjob, @getLabIndex, 1, {}); submit(pjob); waitForState(pjob); out = getAllOutputArguments(pjob) clear jm; function foo = getLabIn...

Multicore distributed computing
I'm running R2008B on a 2 PC cluster (XP Pro). Each PC has four cores. I've confirmed that the Matlab distributed computing toolboox and parallel computing toolbox are properly installed and running on both machines. 4 green checks appear when I validate through the configuration manager. Max number of workers set to 16. My question: I want to confirm that when I run a job all 4 cores on each machine are utilized for a total of 8 cores. My error when I try to open a pool with 8 cores is below. Is there another command I should try? Thanks. >> matlabpool open 8 Starti...

CALL FOR PAPERS: Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Special Issue on PARALLEL TECHNIQUES FOR INFORMATION EXTRACTION
Could you pl post the following message to comp.parallel? thanks S. Rajasekaran ********************************************************************************** CALL FOR PAPERS Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing Special Issue on PARALLEL TECHNIQUES FOR INFORMATION EXTRACTION We live in an era where every application of interest in science and engineering has to deal with a large amount of data. For instance, genomic data in biology is quite extensive. In homeland security, voluminous data of different kinds arise. Many of these applications d...

CFP: Constraint solving track at ACM Symposium on Applied Computing
With apologies for multiple copies: CALL FOR PAPERS: Track on Constraint Solving and Programming part of=20 the 21st Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing Dijon, France April 23-27, 2006=20 http://www.sci.unich.it/%7Ebista/organizing/constraint-sac2006/ ************************************************************************ OVERVIEW Constraints have emerged as the basis of a representational and computational paradigm that draws from many disciplines and can be brought to bear on many problem domains. ************************************************************************ SCOPE The track is concerned with all aspects of computing with constraints including algorithms, applications, environments, languages, models, and systems. Contributions are welcome from any discipline concerned with constraints, including artificial intelligence, combinatorial algorithms, computational logic, concurrent computation, databases, discrete mathematics, operations research, programming languages, and symbolic computation. We also solicit papers from any domain employing constraints, including computational linguistics, configuration, decision support, design, diagnosis, graphics, hardware verification, molecular biology, planning, qualitative reasoning, real-time systems, resource allocation, robotics, scheduling, software engineering, tempor...

ISPDC 2010
**************************************************************************** * CALL FOR PAPERS * CALL FOR PAPERS * CALL FOR PAPERS * **************************************************************************** ISPDC 2010 9th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing Istanbul, Turkey, July 7 - July 9, 2010 http://www.ispdc.org Submission Deadline: February 15th, 2010 The increasing computational requirements of many applications require the development of new algorithms and architectures for parallel and distributed computing. The ISPDC serv...

ISPDC 2010 - Istanbul
**************************************************************************** * CALL FOR PAPERS * CALL FOR PAPERS * CALL FOR PAPERS * **************************************************************************** ISPDC 2010 9th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing Istanbul, Turkey, July 7 - July 9, 2010 http://www.ispdc.org Submission Deadline: February 15th, 2010 The increasing computational requirements of many applications require the development of new algorithms and architectures for parallel and distributed computing. The ISPDC serves as a forum ...

ISPDC 2010
**************************************************************************** * CALL FOR PAPERS * CALL FOR PAPERS * CALL FOR PAPERS * **************************************************************************** ISPDC 2010 9th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing Istanbul, Turkey, July 7 - July 9, 2010 http://www.ispdc.org Submission Deadline: February 15th, 2010 The increasing computational requirements of many applications require the development of new algorithms and architectures for parallel and distributed computing. The ISPDC serves as a forum for engineers and researchers to present and discuss new ideas and system technology, with an interactive and friendly, but strongly professional atmosphere. This will be the 9th ISPDC and will be held in Istanbul designated as the 2010 European Capital of Culture by the Euopean Union. Previous symposiums were held at 2009: Lisbon, Portugal 2008: Krakow, Poland 2007: Hagenberg, Austria 2006: Timisoara, Romania 2005: Lille , France 2004: Cork, Ireland 2003: Ljubljana, Slovenia 2002: Iasi, Romania Prospective authors are invited to submit original papers (not being considered for publication elsewhere) describing theoretical and/or experimental research in areas of interest which include: * Parallel Computing * Cluster Computing * Grid and Cloud Computing * Multicore Architectures and Algorithms * GPU Programming * Web Services and Internet Comput...

ISPDC 2010
**************************************************************************** * CALL FOR PAPERS * CALL FOR PAPERS * CALL FOR PAPERS * ***************************************************************************** ISPDC 2010 9th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing Istanbul, Turkey, July 7 - July 9, 2010 http://www.ispdc.org Submission Deadline: February 15th, 2010 The increasing computational requirements of many applications require the development of new algorithms and architectures for parallel and distributed computing. The ISPDC serves as a forum ...

CALL FOR PAPERS -- Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing at the 9th Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models -- IPDPS
*** CALL FOR PAPERS *** 2007 International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing *** Submission Deadline December 4th 2006 *** As part of the Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computing Models (APDCM), the aim of this special session is to focus on computer systems that can scale to many thousands of processing elements and are used to solve a single problem. The focus is on identifying new and novel ideas rather than proving incremental advances...

CALL FOR PAPERS -- Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing at the 9th Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models -- IPDPS
*** CALL FOR PAPERS *** 2007 International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing *** Submission Deadline December 4th 2006 *** As part of the Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computing Models (APDCM), the aim of this special session is to focus on computer systems that can scale to many thousands of processing elements and are used to solve a single problem. The focus is on identifying new and novel ideas rather than proving incremental advances. By concurrently exploring architecture, programming models, algorithms and applications, the session seeks to advance the state-of-the-art of Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems. Following the usual IPDPS practice, all MPP papers will be published in the Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS). Topics of Interest: The topics of interest to this special session are: (+) Architectures and Experimental Systems: the use of increased parallelism on a single chip (MPP on a chip), the coordination and communication between massive numbers of processing elements, the use of processors in memory (PIMS), and parallelism in emerging technologies. (+) Large-scale Computing: the utilization of MPPs for large-scale computing, achieving peta-scale levels of processing, use of heterogeneous processing capabilities. (+) Paralleli...

Distributed parallel computing without distributed server?
I have the parallel computing toolbox, but not the distributed computing server. Is it possible to run distributed jobs on a local network cluster from programs written with the parallel toolbox without the distributed server? Or is the server more than just a scheduler; e.g. does it serve as Matlab's alternative to MPI in addition to actually scheduling the jobs? Thanks! "Mark " <mlohry@gmail.com> writes: > I have the parallel computing toolbox, but not the distributed computing > server. Is it possible to run distributed jobs on a local network cluster from > ...

CFP: IEEE-13th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (ISPDC 2014 )
CALL FOR PAPERS ======================================= IEEE-13th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (ISPDC 2014) http://iml.univ-mrs.fr/ati/conferences/ISPDC2014/ June 24 - 27, 2014 Porquerolles Island Aix-Marseille University, France TOPICS ======================================= Authors are invited to submit papers presenting original research and unpublished research work advancing the state of the art in the field for topics including, but not limited to: System Architectures for Parallel and Distributed Computing - Multi-Cores and Cluster Computing - Grid and Cloud Computing - Methods and Tools for Parallel and Distributed Programming - Embedded, Mobile and Networking Environments High Performance Computing and Large Scale Applications - Tools and Environments for Parallel Program Design/Analysis - Scalable Algorithms and Applications - Urban Networks and Applications, Vehicular Networks - Parallel, Distributed and Mobile big-Data Management Parallel Computing and Algorithms - Parallel Programming Paradigms and APIs - GPU Programming - Bio-inspired Parallel Algorithms - Algorithms, Models and Formal Verification Distributed and Embedded Computing - Collaborative Computing, P2P Computing... - Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing, Mobile Clouds - Web Services and Internet Computing - Distributed Software Components, Multi-agent Systems Perf...

Call for Workshops: ACM High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC) 2015
Call for Workshops at ACM HPDC 2015 http://www.hpdc.org/2015/workshops/call-for-workshops/ Overview =============================================================================== The organizers of the 24th International ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC'15) call for proposals for workshops to be held with HPDC'15, co-located with the FCRC'15 Federated Computing Research Conference. The workshops will be held in June 2015 in Portland Oregon. Workshops should provide forums for discussion among researchers and practitioners on f...

CFP: 1st IEEE Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Processing for Computational Social Systems (ParSocial)
[Apologies if you receive multiple copies] =20 ###########################################################################= ###### CALL FOR PAPERS The 1st IEEE Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Processing for Computatio= nal Social Systems May 27 2016, Chicago Hyatt Regency, Chicago, Illinois USA. Conference Website: http://www.lcid.cs.iit.edu/parsocial Contact Email : parsocial@cs.iit.edu (In conjunction with IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing S= ymposium (IPDPS)) =20 IMPORTANT DATES Paper submission deadline: January 11, 2016 Notification of ac...

Web resources about - SAC04-PDS: Parallel and Distributed Systems Track (ACM Symposium on Applied Computing) - comp.parallel.mpi

Distributed computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Distributed computing also refers to the use of distributed systems to solve computational problems. In distributed computing, a problem is divided ...

Publishers Have to Pay Up to Track Their Audiences on Distributed Platforms
Publishers are increasingly coming around to the idea of a distributed future. They're re-allocating resources to build teams that produce content ...

Zimbabwe: Land 'Must Be Re-Distributed Equally' to Avoid Hunger
... facing food shortages, a situation which has forced President Robert Mugabe to declare a 'state of disaster'. Analysts say land must be redistributed ...

16-year-old who distributed his teacher’s nude pics faces felony charges
... proceedings because a student grabbed racy pictures off her phone. Now local news outlets are reporting that the 16-year-old boy who distributed ...

Leverage geographically-distributed development
Geographically-distributed development, or GDD, has made a name for itself as an extremely-effective IT strategy model within global enterprises ...

Flint residents warned that lead levels in some spots too high for distributed filters
... Friday that water samples from more than two dozen locations have higher lead levels than can be treated by filters that have been widely distributed ...

Brazil’s Distributed Electricity Generation Program Takes Effect Today
A historic net metering revision for distributed electricity is now in play in Brazil. Planned revisions to Brazil’s net metering program for ...

Cool connected footballs, distributed speaker systems, Bluetooth routers and more at CES
LAS VEGAS — Who says everything at CES is rubbish? Well, yeah, there’s a lot crap, but that’s why we’re here — to rummage through the rubbish ...

Installed distributed energy resources capacity expected to reach 530.7GW in 2024, says Navigant
Distributed energy resources (DER) penetration is increasing globally, causing a significant, and sometimes controversial, impact on the power ...

Buffett's Bolshevik: Dissecting NV Energy's Soviet-Style Sabotage Of Distributed Energy
On Wednesday, Nevada’s Public Utility Commission (PUC) radically revised the state’s net-energy metering (NEM) rules, which determine the price ...