[CFP] ParLearning 2013 - Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing for Machine Learning and Inference Problems

We absolutely have no intention to spam our recipients. For those who have
received duplicate emails from us, please accept our MOST sincere apology!

Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing for Machine Learning and
Inference Problems (ParLearning'2013)

http://cass-mt.pnnl.gov/parlearning.aspx

May 24, 2013, Boston, Massachusetts USA. To be held in conjunction with
IPDPS 2013 (www.ipdps.org)

Overview:
This workshop is one of the major meetings for bringing together
researchers in High Performance Computing and Artificial Intelligence (Machine
Learning, Data Mining, BigData Analytics, etc.) to discuss state-of-the-art
algorithms, identify critical applications that benefit from
parallelization, prospect research areas that require most convergence and
assess the impact on broader technical landscape.

Data-driven computing needs no introduction today. However, the growth in
volume and heterogeneity in data seems to outpace the growth in computing
power. As soon as the data hits the processing infrastructure, determining
the value of information, finding its rightful place in a knowledge
representation and determining subsequent actions are of paramount
importance. To use this data deluge to our advantage, a convergence between
the field of Parallel and Distributed Computing and the interdisciplinary
science of Artificial Intelligence seems critical.

The primary motivation of the proposed workshop is to invite leading minds
from AI and Parallel & Distributed Computing communities for identifying
research areas that require most convergence and assess their impact on the
broader technical landscape.

Topics:
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts of original unpublished research
that demonstrate a strong interplay between parallel/distributed
computingtechniques and learning/inference
applications, such as algorithm design and libraries/framework development
on multicore/ manycore architectures, GPUs, clusters, supercomputers, cloud
computing platforms that target applications including but not limited to:

   - Learning and inference using large scale Bayesian Networks
      - Scaling up frequent subgraph mining or other graph pattern mining
      techniques
      - Scalable implementations of learning algorithms for massive sparse
      datasets
      - Scalable clustering of massive graphs or graph streams
      - Scalable algorithms for topic modeling
      - HPC enabled approaches for emerging trend detection in social media
      - Comparison of various HPC infrastructures for learning
      - GPU-accelerated implementations for topic modeling or other text
      mining problems
      - Knowledge discovery from scientific applications with massive
      datasets (climate, systems biology etc.)
      - Performance analysis of key machine-learning algorithms from newer
      parallel and distributed computing frameworks
      - Apache Mahout, Apache Giraph, IBM Parallel Learning Toolbox,
      GraphLab etc.
      - Domain-specific languages for Parallel Computation
      - GPU-integration for Java/Python

Important Days:
    January 13, 2013       Submission of manuscripts
    February 4, 2013       Notification of decision
    February 28, 2013     Submission of camera-ready papers

Paper Submission:
Submitted manuscripts may not exceed 10 single-spaced double-column pages using
10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style), including
figures, tables, and references. The templates are available here: for
LaTex and Word. All papers must be submitted through the EDAS portal

Workshop Co-Chairs:
Yinglong Xia (IBM Research, USA), Sutanay Choudhury and George Chin
(Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA)

Program Chair:
Chandrika Kamath, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
Roger Barga, Microsoft Research, USA

Program Committee

    Anne Hee Hiong Ngu, Texas State University, USA
    Anuj Shah, Netflix, USA
    Arindam Pal, Indian Institute of Technology, India
    Avery Ching, Facebook, USA
    Benjamin Herta, IBM Research, USA
    Ghaleb Abdulla, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
    James Montgomery, Australian National University, Australia
    Lawrence Holder, Washington State University, USA
    Mahantesh Halappanavar, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
    Mladen Vouk, North Carolina State University, USA
    Oreste Villa, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
    Simon Kahan, University of Washington, USA
    Yangqiu Song, Microsoft Research, China
    Yaohang Li, Old Dominion University, USA
    Yi Wang, Tencent Holdings, China
    Yihua Huang, Nanjing University, China

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many regards and best wishes,
General Co-chair, ParLearning 2013
Yinglong Xia, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
Sutanay Choudhury, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), USA
George Chin, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), USA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0
Yinglong
10/23/2012 6:50:58 PM
comp.parallel 2866 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Call for Papers Reminder: The 2013 International Conference of Parallel and Distributed Computing (ICPDC 2013)
Call for Papers Reminder: The 2013 International Conference of Parallel and Distributed Computing (ICPDC 2013) CFP Reminder: International Conference of Parallel and Distributed Computing ICPDC 2013 From: International Association of Engineers (IAENG) Draft Paper Submission Deadline: 6 March, 2013 Camera-Ready papers & Registration Deadline: 31 March, 2013 WCE 2013: London, U.K., 3-5 July, 2013 http://www.iaeng.org/WCE2013/ICPDC2013.html The conference ICPDC'13 is held under the World Congress on Engineering 2013. The WCE 2013 is organized by International Association of...

[...]

Call for Papers Reminder (extended): The 2013 International Conference of Parallel and Distributed Computing (ICPDC 2013)
Call for Papers Reminder (extended): The 2013 International Conference of Parallel and Distributed Computing (ICPDC 2013) CFP Reminder (extended): International Conference of Parallel and Distributed Computing ICPDC 2013 From: International Association of Engineers (IAENG) Draft Paper Submission Deadline (extended): 18 March, 2013 Camera-Ready papers & Registration Deadline: 31 March, 2013 WCE 2013: London, U.K., 3-5 July, 2013 http://www.iaeng.org/WCE2013/ICPDC2013.html The conference ICPDC'13 is held under the World Congress on Engineering 2013. The WCE 2013 is organize...

parallel computing, distributed computing
HI, I have an optimization code which has some part code is common and required as inputs for the two optimization routines within. However once this is done, the remaining could be run parallely independednt of each other and imrovized on the speed and finally the two results could be fetched in one single main optimization file and compared. Though i feel this could be done, i do not knopw the exact procedure as well do not know if there is some setting to be done in matlab and modify my main code as well. Please note i have matlab 2007b and distributed computing toolbox v3.2. I...

parallel computing , distribution computing
Hi, I have a matlab 2007b installed on my machine which has Distributed computing toolbox v3.2 installed. my questions are? 1. will i be able to do parallel computing using this versions of matlab including DCT? 2. I tried serchign for jobmanager but could not trace it. Do i have to install Parallel computing toolbox, seperately? I just could not proceed with my existing installations. What next should i do? All info above is required so that i could run two parallel optimizations originationg starting somewhere in between my original code. The original code does some input calculations. These values are then required for optimizations. However currently i run the optimizations sequentially one after the other> TO improve on the speed i am looking forward to run the two optimizations parallely. How do i do that? My current machine configurations are: Pentium 4 - 2,8Ghz, 1GB Ram. Is this suffucient? Also i may not be able to connect to another machine or server, will this still do the parallel or i have to connect elsewhere for optimium benefits? Please advice... Thanks in advance. Satish ...

Job offer : R&D position for a recently graduated doctor in Computer Science Machine learning, genetic algorithms, parallel computing and financial applications
EXQIM 8 place Boulnois =96 PARIS 75017 =96 Mobile : +33 6 86 07 75 05 Email : contact@exqim.com =96 site Internet : www.exqim.com Job offer : R&D position for a recently graduated doctor in Computer Science Machine learning, genetic algorithms, parallel computing and financial applications The company EXQIM - Exclusive Quantitative Investment Management is a start-up company created on June 19th 2009 and located in Paris. EXQIM is a financial company whose objective is to manage financial assets using an exclusively quantitative approach. The quantitative models will be developed by a highly qualified team in the area of mathematics and computing. Our recruitment policy targets applicants with a strong entrepreneur spirit and showing top qualifications in their area of specialization. The pillars of our success will be mathematical and computer science research. During the next 6 to 12 months, the EXQIM team will set up collaborations and partnerships with various Laboratories, Universities and Elite Schools in France and elsewhere in Europe. This process will allow us to be at the forefront of research and of technology, to make us one of the best quantitative teams on the market. This research activity will result in the creation of an investment fund validated by AMF (French agency in charge of financial markets) within 12 to 18 months. Applicant profile To support its development, EXQIM seeks a recently graduated doctor of Computer S...

[CfP]PARALLEL BIO-COMPUTING 2013
*********************************************************************** We apologize if you received multiple copies of this Call for Papers Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested *********************************************************************** *** Workshop on Parallel Computational Biology *** *** September 8-11, 2013, Warsaw, Poland *** *** http://pbc.ppam.pl *** Bioinformatics is the science of managing, mining, and extracting knowledge from biological data. Since the last PBC workshop in 2011 the field has witnessed two growing paradigm shifts: improved third generation sequencing technology and cloud computing. Because of the flood of digital biological data in many more institutions, application of diverse HPC techniques to solve bioinformatics problems has become even more crucial to the success of the field. The goal of this Workshop is to present the latest research in high-performance computing applied to bioinformatics. We are especially interested in parallel and distributed algorithms, memory efficient algorithms, and design of high-performance software for clusters, grids and clouds. Submission of articles dealing with parallelization of applications on multi-/many-core, massively parallel systems, accelerator architectures and large distributed systems are specifically encouraged. Topics of interest include but are not limited to: * Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) *...

parallel computing in distributed computing server
Hi, there, Is there some way that can use the parallel computing code such as parfor or spmd in the distributed computing server? I currently ran a test for comparing the difference between the parallel toolbox with in stand alone mode in a computer with two CPUs, and the distributed computing server in two computers(each of them using just one CPU). I found the computing capabilities are pretty much the same with each other. I was curious how to run a parallel computing in the distributed server. Thanks, Wei Wei, The Parallel Computing Toolbox (PCT) serves two purposes: leverage...

Parallel Computing in Distributed Computing Toolbox
I made the following function/script and I get an empty array of 4 by 0 I wanted to see if I could initialize labs with data, by attaching it to the root. jm = findResource('scheduler','configuration','jobmanager', 'name', ... 'IPS_Manager', 'LookupURL', 'ava-310848'); pjob = createParallelJob(jm); set(pjob, 'MinimumNumberOfWorkers', 4); set(pjob, 'MaximumNumberOfWorkers', 4); createTask(pjob, @getLabIndex, 1, {}); submit(pjob); waitForState(pjob); out = getAllOutputArguments(pjob) clear jm; function foo = getLabIn...

Multicore distributed computing
I'm running R2008B on a 2 PC cluster (XP Pro). Each PC has four cores. I've confirmed that the Matlab distributed computing toolboox and parallel computing toolbox are properly installed and running on both machines. 4 green checks appear when I validate through the configuration manager. Max number of workers set to 16. My question: I want to confirm that when I run a job all 4 cores on each machine are utilized for a total of 8 cores. My error when I try to open a pool with 8 cores is below. Is there another command I should try? Thanks. >> matlabpool open 8 Starti...

CALL FOR PAPERS: Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Special Issue on PARALLEL TECHNIQUES FOR INFORMATION EXTRACTION
Could you pl post the following message to comp.parallel? thanks S. Rajasekaran ********************************************************************************** CALL FOR PAPERS Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing Special Issue on PARALLEL TECHNIQUES FOR INFORMATION EXTRACTION We live in an era where every application of interest in science and engineering has to deal with a large amount of data. For instance, genomic data in biology is quite extensive. In homeland security, voluminous data of different kinds arise. Many of these applications d...

CFP: PDCAT 2012-Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies
================================================= CALL FOR PAPERS The Thirteenth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies (PDCAT'12) 14-16 December 2012, Beijing, CHINA Submission Due: July 20, 2012 URL: http://cit.bjtu.edu.cn/pdcat2012 Sponsored by NSFC, BJTU, IEEE Beijing Chapter ================================================= AIM AND SCOPE ------------------------ The International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies (PDCAT) is a major forum for scientists, engineers, and practitioners ...

CFP: PDCAT 2012-Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies
================================================= CALL FOR PAPERS The Thirteenth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies (PDCAT'12) 14-16 December 2012, Beijing, CHINA Submission Due: July 20, 2012 URL: http://cit.bjtu.edu.cn/pdcat2012 Sponsored by NSFC, BJTU, IEEE Beijing Chapter ================================================= AIM AND SCOPE ------------------------ The International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies (PDCAT) is a major forum for scientists, engineers, and practitioners throughout the world to present the latest research, results, ideas, developments and applications in all areas of parallel and distributed computing. Following PDCAT'00 in Hong Kong, PDCAT'01 in Taipei, PDCAT'02 in Kanazawa, Japan, PDCAT'03 in Chengdu, China, PDCAT'04 in Singapore, PDCAT'05 in Dalian, China, PDCAT'06 in Taipei, Taiwan, PDCAT'07 in Adelaide, Australia, PDCAT'08 in Dunedin, New Zealand, PDCAT'09 in Hiroshima, Japan, PDCAT'10 in Wuhan, China, PDCAT'11 in Gwangju, Korea, PDCAT'12 will take place in Beijing, China. We are inviting new and unpublished papers on, but not limited to, the following topics: 1. Networking and Architectures: Interconnection networks Parallel/distributed architectures Heterogeneous and multimedia Systems ATM networks Reliability, and fault-tolerance Ubiqu...

[...]

CFP: Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks (PDCN) 2008 in Innsbruck, Austria
CALL FOR PAPERS The IASTED International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks ~PDCN 2008~ as part of the 26th IASTED International Multi-Conference on APPLIED INFORMATICS February 12 - 14, 2008 Innsbruck, Austria SPONSORS The International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED) � Technical Committee on Parallel & Distributed Computing & Systems World Modelling and Simulation Forum (WMSF) CONFERENCE WEBSITE http://www.iasted.org/conferences/home-597.html IMPORTANT DEADLINES - EXTENDED Submissions due November 1, 2007 Notifica...

Distributed parallel computing without distributed server?
I have the parallel computing toolbox, but not the distributed computing server. Is it possible to run distributed jobs on a local network cluster from programs written with the parallel toolbox without the distributed server? Or is the server more than just a scheduler; e.g. does it serve as Matlab's alternative to MPI in addition to actually scheduling the jobs? Thanks! "Mark " <mlohry@gmail.com> writes: > I have the parallel computing toolbox, but not the distributed computing > server. Is it possible to run distributed jobs on a local network cluster from > ...

CFP: IEEE-13th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (ISPDC 2014 )
CALL FOR PAPERS ======================================= IEEE-13th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (ISPDC 2014) http://iml.univ-mrs.fr/ati/conferences/ISPDC2014/ June 24 - 27, 2014 Porquerolles Island Aix-Marseille University, France TOPICS ======================================= Authors are invited to submit papers presenting original research and unpublished research work advancing the state of the art in the field for topics including, but not limited to: System Architectures for Parallel and Distributed Computing - Multi-Cores and Cluster Computing - Grid and Cloud Computing - Methods and Tools for Parallel and Distributed Programming - Embedded, Mobile and Networking Environments High Performance Computing and Large Scale Applications - Tools and Environments for Parallel Program Design/Analysis - Scalable Algorithms and Applications - Urban Networks and Applications, Vehicular Networks - Parallel, Distributed and Mobile big-Data Management Parallel Computing and Algorithms - Parallel Programming Paradigms and APIs - GPU Programming - Bio-inspired Parallel Algorithms - Algorithms, Models and Formal Verification Distributed and Embedded Computing - Collaborative Computing, P2P Computing... - Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing, Mobile Clouds - Web Services and Internet Computing - Distributed Software Components, Multi-agent Systems Perf...

CFP: The 19th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS 2013)
[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Call for Papers: ICPADS 2013 The 19th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS 2013) Seoul, Korea December 15-18, 2013 http://aces.snu.ac.kr/icpads13 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Established in 1992, ICPADS has been a major international forum in the parallel and distributed systems area. ICPADS 2013 will be held in Seoul, December 15-18, 2013. Seoul is a city of various culture and variation. There is a wide range of modern and fusion culture of the West and the East, along with cutting edge technology. The conference venue, COEX convention center is located at Gangnam district that is famous for a song, Gangnam Style, by Korean singer Psy. The conference provides an international forum for scientists, engineers, and users to exchange and share their experiences, ideas, and latest results on all aspects of parallel and distributed systems. Contributions are solicited in all areas of parallel and distributed systems research and applications. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: * Parallel and Distributed Applications and Algorithms * Cloud OS, Middleware, Toolkits, and App...

CFP: Asia Pacific Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Technologies (ObcomAPC-2004, India)
We are organizing an Asia Pacific Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Technologies (ObcomAPC-2004). This Conference ObComAPC-2004 is a major event to be conducted following the grand success of ObCom : 2003, which was audited by a good number of participants from Academia and Industry across the Nation. ObCom : 2003 received good contributions right from leading educational institutions to corporate. ObCom-2003 attracted various governmental and non-governmental agencies like DRDO, ISTE, DIT, CSIR etc., to sponsor the program. ObComAPC : 2004 aims to promote the exploitation of ...

Web resources about - [CFP] ParLearning 2013 - Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Computing for Machine Learning and Inference Problems - comp.parallel

IPDPS - IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium
IPDPS is an international forum for engineers and scientists from around the world to present their latest research findings in all aspects of ...