ANN: A wiki site to organize CFP on Parallel Processing

Hi All,

I would like to recommend a new web site, www.wikicfp.com, which could
help you to organize and share "Calls for Papers" on parallel
processing and related fields.

Why not have a try?
http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=parallel%20processing
http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=communications
http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=distributed%20systems

What's special with WikiCFP ?
- You can have your own customized CFP list.
- It's easy to share your list with others.
- You can organize your list by sorting on various fields.
- You can browse CFPs with respect to categories.
- You can search CFPs by title, location or category.
- There are many other useful features.

I sincerely hope this new site will be helpful to you.

Best wishes,

Evie

[Moderator: this barely gets in under the guidelines of this news group.]

wikiCFP (15)
9/17/2007 5:27:31 PM
comp.parallel 2866 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[ANN] parallel 1.3: simple parallel processing.
Version 1.3 of ssh_parallel and parallel have been released. This release features much better error handling in ssh_parallel, so network errors are less likely to cause jobs to go missing. Additionally, it allows you to specify a nice level for processes. Same as the last time, I'm interested in any comments/critiques anyone may have. Original release notes (with updated URLs): If you ever write a shell script along the lines of: some | pipieline | bash then you may be interested in my program parallel. The above line would be written as: some | pipeline | parallel 4 to perform ...

ANN: A wiki site to organize CFP on Simulation
Hi All, I would like to recommend a new web site, www.wikicfp.com, which could help you to organize and share "Calls for Papers" on Simulation and related fields. Why not have a try? http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=simulation http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=communications What's special with WikiCFP ? - You can have your own customized CFP list. - It's easy to share your list with others. - You can organize your list by sorting on various fields. - You can browse CFPs with respect to categories. - You can search CFPs by title, location or category. - ...

ANN: a new wiki site to organize Calls For Papers (CFP)
Hi All, I would like to recommend a new web site, www.wikicfp.com, which could help you to organize and share "Calls for Papers" on Computation Theory and related fields. Why not have a try? http://wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=computation%20theory http://wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=machine%20learning What's special with WikiCFP ? - You can have your own customized CFP list. - It's easy to share your list with others. - You can organize your list by sorting on various fields. - You can browse CFPs with respect to categories. - You can search CFPs by title, location o...

ANN: a new wiki site to organize and share Calls For Papers (CFP)
Hi All, I would like to recommend a new web site, www.wikicfp.com, which could help you to organize and share "Calls for Papers" on Speech. Why not have a try? http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=speech http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=signal%20processing What's special with WikiCFP ? - You can have your own customized CFP list. - It's easy to share your list with others. - You can organize your list by sorting on various fields. - You can browse CFPs with respect to categories. - You can search CFPs by title, location or category. - There a...

ANN: a new wiki site to organize and share Calls For Papers (CFP)
Hi All, I would like to recommend a new web site, www.wikicfp.com, which could help you to organize and share "Call for Papers" on Computer Architecture. Why not have a try? http://www.wikicfp.com/cfp/call?conference=computer%20architecture What's special with WikiCFP ? - You can have your own customized CFP list. - It's easy to share your list with others. - You can organize your list by sorting on various fields. - You can browse CFPs with respect to categories. - You can search CFPs by title, location or category. - There are many other useful features. I sincerely hop...

parallel processing
Hi, I'm not quite sure what 'feature' i'm looking for ... any input appreciated. I want to parallelize a particular task. #/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my @target; our @result; for (my $i = 0; $i < @target; $i++) { $result[$i] = &do_some_work($target[$i]); } &report_results; .... &do_some_work requires a minute or so to complete. @target contains several hundred elements. Therefore, total execution time runs in the hundreds of minutes. Also, @target is not ordered ... e.g. there are no dependencies within @target ... if &do_some_work finishes proce...

USB to PARALLEL (not PARALLEL to USB)
I'm trying to connect a USB printer to a Print Server that only has a Parallel Port. I wouldn't think that combination would be so unique, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I think this cable would have a USB "B" socket plugging into the printer and the other end would be a DB25 Male socket, that plugs into the DB25 Female socket in the back of print server. Can't seem to find any adaptors or gender changers, even wireless options to accomplish this and really, really don't want to trash the print server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Parallels or BootCamp? - -
I paid a heck of a price today for being senile. Completely messed up a backup file itself. Usually make a backup of my backup, but in this case I did not do it soon enough. Waaaah, it is going to take me months to recover from this, I had a whole bunch of stuff on that Mac. Looking at the good side of this, it forced me to make a decision I have been trying to make for over a year. Parallels or BootCamp? - - - BootCamp or Parallels? REALLY tough choice, at least for me. How one chooses depends a lot on the applications one is trying to run. I am going to switch back to usin...

Parallel processing
Hello, I'm trying to implement a parallel process, and I'm not sure how to set it up and I was wondering if someone could help me please? My code resembles, for i=1:N % N approx = 10^6 x_new = my_func(x_old) A(:,i) = x_new; x_old = x_new; end where x_old and x_new are Mx1 vectors and A is a MxN matrix. From one iteration to the next, the only dependence is x_new(i) on x_old(i). I'd like to parallelise this by splitting the elements of x_new and x_old across more than one core. Is there a way I can, say, matlabpool open 5 <use core's ...

parallel process
How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ? one way i can see is to launch several external processes using interprocess communication (ipc) "Andrey Orlenko" <eagle@ukr.net> wrote in message news:c4gldj$2mf2$1@news.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua... > How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ? S. Badel wrote: > one way i can see is to launch several external processes > using interprocess communication (ipc) > >>How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ? My situation: I've got program GUI on SKILL, it starts external program / sh("./program &") /. External program is calculating and GUI must at the same time output intermediate data to window from external program (it's clear) AND GUI must respond to user actions (stop program, pause, exit, e.t.c) you probably can do this with IPC like this : instead of launching your program with sh, lauch it with ipcBeginProcess. you can define skill callback functions to synchronously process output from the program. then, execution can continue normally and callbacks will be called whenever data is available. procedure( launchProcess() process = ipcBeginProcess( "command" nil "myDataHandler" "myErrHandler" "myPostExecFunction" ) ) ; procedure procedure( myDataHandler( childId data ) printf( "program outputted %s\n" data ) ) ; myDataHandler procedure( myErrorHandler( childId data ) printf( "program error : %s\n"...

Parallel processes
Is there any good reason to have two almost similar processes, with almost similar sensitivity list? I have a problem with a size of the design. I'm using Lattice LC4128V and currently the design is using 130/128 logic functions. In on vhdl block there is two processes almost similar, like shown below. I got the code from the other designer and I'm just starting with VHDL, so I ask for your help. Can I save in logic elements by combining these two processes and does it affect the functionality or timing in some way? architecture ltr of dio_write is signal IO_WRITE_tmp : std_logic; ...

Parallel threads is parallel proces
Hello all, On one of our Solaris 5.10 systems we have a database running Oracle 10.2.0.3. We have parallel_max_servers set to 100. I was surprised to see that a ps -Lef shows 258 parallel threads per parallel server process. See output below. ps -ef|grep p00 oracle 20780 1 0 Sep 02 ? 776:08 ora_p007_P835 oracle 20776 1 0 Sep 02 ? 525:32 ora_p005_P835 oracle 20778 1 0 Sep 02 ? 517:40 ora_p006_P835 oracle 20784 1 0 Sep 02 ? 532:26 ora_p009_P835 oracle 20782 1 0 Sep 02 ? 531:50 ora_p008_P835 oracle 20774 1 0 Sep 02 ? 498:28 ora_p004_P835 oracle 20768 1 0 Sep 02 ? 496:59 ora_p001_P835 oracle 20770 1 0 Sep 02 ? 495:00 ora_p002_P835 oracle 20772 1 0 Sep 02 ? 543:02 ora_p003_P835 oramgr 17883 17839 0 09:03:29 pts/3 0:00 grep p00 oracle 20766 1 0 Sep 02 ? 586:22 ora_p000_P835 ps -Lef|grep 20774 oracle 20774 1 1 258 0 Sep 02 ? 451:42 ora_p004_P835 oracle 20774 1 2 258 0 Sep 02 ? 0:12 ora_p004_P835 oracle 20774 1 3 258 0 Sep 02 ? 0:00 ora_p004_P835 oracle 20774 1 4 258 0 Sep 02 ? 8:55 ora_p004_P835 oracle 20774 1 5 258 0 Sep 02 ? 0:05 ora_p004_P835 oracle 20774 1 6 258 0 Sep 02 ? 9:01 ora_p004_P835 oracle 20774 1 7 258 0 Sep...

Parallel in, Parallel out shift register
I am trying to synthesize and simulate a parallel shift register that keeps shifting the input data as long as the enable pin is active. entity shift_out is Port ( --Inputs clk : in std_logic; en : in std_logic; rst : in std_logic; in1 : in std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); -- Outputs shift_val : out std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) ); end entity shift_out; architecture arch of shift_out is signal shift_t1 : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) := (others => '0'); .... process (clk, rst, in1, en) is begin if rst = '1' then shift_t1 &...

Parallel LZ4 and my Parallel LZO...
Hello, I have downloaded the C version of the following compression algorithm: http://code.google.com/p/lz4/ They say that it's the fastest, so i have compiled it into a DLL with mingw to use it from FreePascal and Delphi, so i have wrote the interface and all was working perfectly, but when i have benchmarked the parallel LZ4 , that i have wrote, against my Parallel LZO algorithm , i have noticed that they have the almost the same speed on compression and decompression but my Parallel LZO is 7% better on compression ratio than Parallel LZ4 , so i have decided to not include Parallel LZ4 algorithm inside my Parallel Archiver, so if you want to compress Terabytes files i advice you to use my Parallel LZO algorithm with my Parallel Archiver. My Parallel archiver is very stable now, and you can download it from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Best Regards, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

Parallel processing
Hello, I am running version 7.01 on a quad core CPU. I am doing some heavy calculations but was too lazy to use any special commands for parallelization. However, to my surprise, when I check the performance I see that all 4 kernels a busy calculating. Does anybody have any info about this automatic parallelization of Mathematica? Daniel As far as I know, Mathematica does not paralellize unless you explicitedly tell it to. Did you see 4 Mathematica kernels running or just 4 cores being busy with unknown processes? Cheers -- SjoerdOn May 28, 12:50 pm, dh <...

parallel processing
HI, I have a tricky problem about parallel processing using JavaScript. a script makes use of classes. 2 objects A and B are created at intialisation. The two objects make use of the same function foo(). at runtime, the action: A.foo(); B.foo(); is executed. I noticed that in any browser, the result will be that the browser executes the function foo() related to A. Then stop and execute the function foo() related to B. This leave A unfinished. Is there a possiblity to have the function called by A running at the same time than B's one? I mean having two instance of the function running ...

[...]

parallel while loops not running in parallel
I am collecting data from a PCI 4351 board and a 6070E board. These are connected to a TC 2190 and a BNC 2090. I do not need exact sychronization, however I do need them to collect data at different rates. Currently I am using two while loops to perform this, but they run sequentially in stead of simultaneously, that is, the second while loop waits for the first one to finish before running. Is there any way I can get these to run both at the same time instead of one after the other? Parallel Whiles.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/326678/1/Parallel Whiles.vi Your two loops are calling the same SubVI, and that VI is not reentrant, so only one instance can be in memory at a time.&nbsp; Therefore, one loop will have to wait for the other loop to release control of the AI Read before it can access the AI Read. &nbsp; One option is to save AI Read as something else (maybe in your user.lib) and make it reentrant, but it actually calls AI Buffer Read which also uses non-reentrant VIs.&nbsp; I would suggest looking at your timing to see if you can make it as exclusionary as possible. Thanks for the reply, is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do? I was thinking maybe using a sequence and switching off between the two. Any way you do it, you're going to have to sequentially read from the data buffer, and the implementation you have now may be the fastest, if not the most accurate.&nbsp; I would recommend that you either put a wait...

ANN: stream 0.8 -- pipelining and parallelizing list processing
I am pleased to announce that stream 0.8 is available. Stream is a module that lets one express a list-processing task as a pipeline and provide ways to easily parallelize it. An introductory article is available at <http://blog.onideas.ws/stream.py>. The reference documentation can be viewed from <http://www.trinhhaianh.com/stream.py/>. The source release is available at <http://github.com/aht/stream.py> or <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stream>. Enjoy! -- // aht http://blog.onideas.ws ...

CALL FOR PAPERS -- Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing at the 9th Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models -- IPDPS
*** CALL FOR PAPERS *** 2007 International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing *** Submission Deadline December 4th 2006 *** As part of the Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computing Models (APDCM), the aim of this special session is to focus on computer systems that can scale to many thousands of processing elements and are used to solve a single problem. The focus is on identifying new and novel ideas rather than proving incremental advances. By concurrently exploring architecture, programming models, algorithms and applications, the session seeks to advance the state-of-the-art of Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems. Following the usual IPDPS practice, all MPP papers will be published in the Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS). Topics of Interest: The topics of interest to this special session are: (+) Architectures and Experimental Systems: the use of increased parallelism on a single chip (MPP on a chip), the coordination and communication between massive numbers of processing elements, the use of processors in memory (PIMS), and parallelism in emerging technologies. (+) Large-scale Computing: the utilization of MPPs for large-scale computing, achieving peta-scale levels of processing, use of heterogeneous processing capabilities. (+) Paralleli...

[...]

CFP - Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing
Dear Colleagues, Submission deadline is in 1 week on December 4th, 2006! My apologies for any duplicates that you may have received. Please refer to the following websites for further information. http://www.c3.lanl.gov/wmpp/ http://www.cs.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/apdcm/ http://www.ipdps.org/ Regards, Mike Scherger Publicity Committee Chair - Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium - 2007 *** CALL FOR PAPERS *** 2007 International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing *** Submission Deadline December 4th 2006 *** As part of the Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computing Models (APDCM), the aim of this special session is to focus on computer systems that can scale to many thousands of processing elements and are used to solve a single problem. The focus is on identifying new and novel ideas rather than proving incremental advances. By concurrently exploring architecture, programming models, algorithms and applications, the session seeks to advance the state-of-the-art of Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems. Following the usual IPDPS practice, all MPP papers will be published in the Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS). Top...

[IEEE-TCSC] CFP: International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP-2012)
CALL FOR PAPERS - The 41st Annual Conference - 2012 International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP-2012) http://www.icpp2012.org Pittsburgh, PA, USA September 10-13, 2012 Sponsored by - The International Association for Computers and Communications (IACC) - In cooperation with The University of Pittsburgh, USA Scope The International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP) provides a forum for engineers and scientists in academia, industry and government to present their latest research findings in all aspects of parallel and distributed computing. ICPP 2012 will be focused on 3 crosscutting themes: (1) Disruptive Technologies (Multicore/Manycore, Accelerators, Clouds), (2) Data-Intensive Computing and (3) Green Computing. The meeting will be organized around the following tracks: = Architecture = Algorithm Design and Parallelism = Programming Models, Languages & Environments = Networking and Communication = Performance Modeling and Evaluation = Compilers and Run-Time Systems = Applications Paper Submission: Paper submissions should be formatted according to the IEEE standard double- column format with a font size 10 pt or larger. Each paper is strictly limited to 10 pages in length. Submissions should represent original, substantive research results. We will not accept any paper which, at the time of submission, is under review for or has already be...

CFP: International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP, Sept. 2015, Beijing, China)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ICPP 2015 International Conference on Parallel Processing Sept. 2015 Beijing, China http://icpp2015.tsinghua.edu.cn/ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ The 44th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP-2015) will be held in Beijing, China, during September 1-4, 2015. Scope: Parallel and distributed computing is a ce...

Web resources about - ANN: A wiki site to organize CFP on Parallel Processing - comp.parallel

Analog signal processing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Analog signal processing is any signal processing conducted on analog signals by analog means. "Analog" indicates something that is mathematically ...

Conexant Announces New Audio Processing Solutions At CES
At CES, Conexant gave me a demo of some of the audio processing technology that they've been working on. Conexant is a company that probably ...

THE PAYMENTS ECOSYSTEM: Everything you need to know about the next era of payment processing
The way we pay has changed dramatically. People are using their smartphones for every kind of formal and informal transaction — to shop at stores, ...

USDA Investigating Possible Plastic Sabotage At Poultry Processing Plant
While it’s not uncommon to hear about chicken products that end up containing wayward bits of plastic (like this nugget issue , this sausage ...

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals
Obama Administration Enacts More Gun Control By Misusing FBI Background Check System

This just in: Marco Rubio's substance is thinner than an Intel processing chip
In case you hadn't already guessed it, Marco Rubio's got a smile and a stump speech, but that's about it. Reporters who have followed him from ...

Food Processing: It's What Makes Us Human
Turning raw ingredients into something more has played an important role in our evolution.

Keeping Up With the Millennials in Spousal Immigration Processing
“Selfie stick. Snap. Upload to Facebook. 52 likes in a matter of minutes. These likes include people from all over the world who simply have ...

Arduino feat. Processing Laser CNC Project
Arduino-Processing-Laser-CNC - Arduino feat. Processing Laser CNC Project

When Should Approximate Query Processing Be Used?
This is a guest repost by Barzan Mozafari , who is part of a new startup, www.snappydata.io , that recently launched an open source OLTP + OLAP ...