Tcl/Tk 8.5.17 RELEASED

Tcl/Tk 8.5.17 Release Announcement
October 25, 2014

The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.17 releases of the Tcl
dynamic language and the Tk toolkit.  This is the seventeenth patch release
of Tcl/Tk 8.5.  More details can be found below.  We would like to
express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches.
This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate
problems in the core.

Where to get the new releases:
------------------------------

Tcl/Tk 8.5.17 sources are freely available as open source from the
Tcl Developer Xchange web site at:

         http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html

This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
including new features and notes about installing and compiling the
releases.  Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge
project's file distribution area:

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/

Binaries for most major platforms will be available from:

         http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

For additional information:
---------------------------

Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:

         http://www.tcl.tk/

This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more.

Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.16:
--------------------------------------

The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.16.  A complete list
can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree.  The
more complete Timelines of all changes are online

	http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/
	http://core.tcl.tk/tk/

This is a patch release, so it primarily includes bug fixes and corrections
to erratic behavior.  Below are only the most notable changes.

    * Fixed crash in Cocoa Tk after [$button destroy].

    * Stop hangs in...
	-  some [read]s of limited size.
	-  [gets] from non-blocking binary channels.

    * Fix: [gets] failure to honor non-blocking setting.

    * Fix: failure of [chan copy] to handle blocked input channel.

    * Fix: Cocoa: PNG transparency appearance.

    * Fix: Cocoa: button and scroll display.

    * Fix: manage effects of [text] elide changes.

    * Enhancement: Cocoa: improved drawing performance.

    * Corrected button click event handling to support browser plugin.

    * Update: Support build and run on OS X Yosemite.

    * Update: MSVC14 compile support.

--
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
Don Porter, Tcl Core Release Manager

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Announcement November 16, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.8 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 Release Announcement October 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.8 Release Candidates
Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may now be found at ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ The actual releases of these files should come on Monday, Nov. 16. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. Thanks! DGP Donald G Porter wrote: > > Release Candidate downloads of the 8.5.8 releases of Tcl and Tk may > now be found at > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/ You may also want to take a look at the draft release ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5 released
Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging Perl/Tk with it may be a herculean task. Have the other kits managed to use/support 8.5 yet ? Regards, Dean Arnold Presicient Corp. On Dec 27, 1:31 pm, Dean Arnold <dean.arn...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Now that 8.5 is "official", I was wondering what the > status of the various Perl Tk interfaces (Perl/Tk, > Tcl::Tk, Tkx) is wrt using it ? I'm guessing that merging > Perl/Tk ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 Release Announcement November 12, 2012 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.13 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twelfth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.13 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange w...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 Release Announcement September 18, 2012 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.15 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.15 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchang...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 Release Announcement August 25, 2014 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.16 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.16 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange w...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 Release Announcement December 23, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.6 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 Release Announcement November 4, 2011 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.11 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eleventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.11 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 Release Announcement September 8, 2010 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.9 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the ninth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.9 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Announcement August 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 Release Announcement April 15, 2009 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.7 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: ...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 RELEASED
The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.12 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the twelfth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.12 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk 8.5.17 RELEASED - comp.lang.tcl

Paper Aircraft Released Into Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at a location about 120 miles west of Madrid, Spain, a team of British space enthusiasts. On 13 September 2014, a group of cadets from Fox Valley ...

Firefox 17 Released, Complete With Social API, Facebook Messenger
The new Social API from Firefox is out of beta, as Mozilla released Firefox 17 , complete with the application-programming interface’s integration ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

Facebook suggests upcoming events and recently released albums in News Feed
Some Facebook users are seeing stories about upcoming events and recently released albums in their News Feeds, we’ve found. The new stories ...

WSJ: ‘Research in Motion Says Its New BlackBerry 10 Smartphone Won’t Be Released Until First-Quarter ...
What’s the over/under that RIM is still an independent company in Q1 2013?

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Baby mouse is all grown up and released back to the wild! - YouTube
This young mouse was hand reared at HART Wildlife Rescue. Here he is being released back to the wild and he can't quite believe it!

Hunger-striking US exec released from Dubai jail on Dh5m bail
Hunger striker Zack Shahin, the former Deyaar chief executive charged with misusing his powers and approving bids in return for millions, was ...

Nigel Sears to be released from hospital after collapse at Australian Open
Ana Ivanovic's British coach Nigel Sears was due to be released from a Melbourne hospital on Sunday afternoon, having been dramatically carried ...

Watch Pokemon's First Super Bowl Spot, the First Super Bowl 50 Ad to Be Released
Pokmon has released its first-ever Super Bowl commercial, which encourages kids to "train on." In the spot, actually an extended version of ...