Workshop on Parallel Algorithms and Software for Analysis of Massive Graphs (ParGraph'2012) -- deadline extended

[Apologies if you received multiple copies of this email.]

Dear Colleagues,

We invite your submissions to the second workshop on parallel algorithms an=
d software for analysis of massive graphs (ParGraph'2012) to be held in con=
junction with HiPC from December 18 - 21, 2012 in Pune, India. The deadline=
 for submissions is August 31, 2012.

Confirmed Keynote Speaker:

Keshav Pingali, W.A."Tex" Moncrief Chair of Grid and Distributed Computing.=
 Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Texas, Austin. Pr=
ofessor, Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences, University o=
f Texas, Austin.

Call for Papers:
Combinatorial algorithms play an important enabling role in several areas o=
f science and engineering. Many combinatorial algorithms, graph algorithms =
in particular, are characterized by irregular data-access patterns that mak=
e efficient implementation on traditional high-performance computing platfo=
rms challenging. Architectural features, algorithmic design and software en=
gineering techniques, and characteristics of the input collectively determi=
ne the performance of these algorithms. In addition, runtime support for ir=
regular applications, programming models (e.g., partitioned global address =
space (PGAS), bulk-synchronous processing (BSP), active messages), and the =
emergence of hybrid manycore platforms deserve attention. With this worksho=
p we facilitate a forum to bring together diverse researchers interested in=
 combinatorial (graph) algorithms, data intensive applications involving th=
em, and parallel computing.

We seek submissions on broad topics of interest as listed below, but not li=
mited to this:
*       Theory and Algorithms:
o       Combinatorial (graph) algorithms and libraries
o       Algorithms for analysis of large complex networks (social network a=
nalysis)
o       Approximation algorithms and bounds
*       Design and performance evaluation of algorithms on:
o       Traditional architectures: massively parallel distributed-memory sy=
stems (IBM BlueGene, Cray XE), shared-memory multicore systems (Intel, AMD)
o       Nontraditional architectures: massively multithreaded architectures=
 (Cray XMT), manycore and tiled platforms (Nvidia, AMD, Tilera)
*       Applications:
o       Combinatorial Scientific Computing; Data Mining; Graph Mining; Mach=
ine Learning
o       Bioinformatics; Information (Cyber) security; Mobile computing
o       Visual Analytics; Graph Visualization
*       Programming paradigms and runtime support for irregular application=

Submission Details:
We seek high quality manuscripts detailing creative and original research. =
The manuscripts should not be currently under review at any other venue. Pl=
ease do not exceed eight (8) pages following the HiPC paper formatting guid=
elines<http://www.hipc.org/hipc2012/papers.php>. We will not consider submi=
ssions that deviate significantly from the above guidelines. We guarantee a=
t least three independent reviews for all submitted papers. Workshop procee=
dings will be published as a separate CDROM Proceedings by HiPC. Hardcopy p=
roceedings will not be provided. HiPC is sponsored by ACM and IEEE.

Please submit your work using EasyChair (https://www.easychair.org/conferen=
ces/?conf=3Dpargraph2012). Do not use the HiPC Conference submission system=
.. Please contact the organizers if you have any questions.

Important Dates:
*       August 31, 2012           : Submission of manuscripts - deadline ex=
tended!
*       September 07, 2012 : Notification of decision
*       September 15, 2012 : Submission of camera-ready papers
*       December  18, 2012 : Workshop

Program Chair:
Srinivas Aluru, Ross Martin Mehl and Marylyne Munas Mehl Professor of Compu=
ter Engineering, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Iowa State U=
niversity; and Bajaj Chair Professor of computer Science and Engineering, I=
ndian Institute of Technology, Bombay.

Further details of the workshop are available at: http://cass-mt.pnnl.gov/p=
argraph.aspx

We look forward to your participation in this exciting event. We also reque=
st you to kindly forward this call to your colleagues and research associat=
es.

Sincerely,

=DCmit =C7ataly=FCrek (The Ohio State University;) and Mahantesh Halappanav=
ar (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory;)
Email: Mahantesh.Halappanavar@pnnl.gov<mailto:Mahantesh.Halappanavar@pnnl.g=
ov>, catalyurek.1@osu.edu<mailto:catalyurek.1@osu.edu>
comp.parallel 2866 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow