delphi 5.5 app w/ sybase ASE 12.5.1 on Windows 2003 Server

Hello,

I'm running a vendor application written in delphi 5.5 that talks to a
sybase DB on ASE 12.5.1 on a windows 2003 server.  I'm running into an issue
where my app closes immediately whenever i try to commit data to the db.  My
question is the following is there any known issue between the above
versions of delphi and sybase where the above behavior is exhibited?  I can
query the database using the application w/o a problem and i've writen a php
script that writes to the same db using odbc w/o a problem either.  I don't
see any event viewer errors on windows, and the db does log any errors as
well.  I don't have access the source code of my app, that is why my
question is a very general one, where someone has seen their delphi app
close immediately when trying to commit data to a sybase db.

Thx any help you might give.
KL

0
Ken
6/22/2004 2:48:12 PM
comp.pascal.delphi.databases 685 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow