From access 97 to access 2000

Hi,

My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'. I'd
like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'. I
succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by
Access 2000).
However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000 format.
These are the values of the Params field of my TDatabase component:
DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb
LANGDRIVER=
OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
SYSTEM DATABASE=
PASSWORD=

Changing the database name to C:\Sysmex\Sysmex2000.mdb got me the following
error: General SQL-error, unrecognized database format.
It isn't clear to me how I can identicate that the current format is Access
2000.
I've also tried to change the field DriverName of the TDatabase component
from MSACCESS to 'Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)'.
This got me the following parameters:

DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb
USER NAME=
ODBC DSN=
OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
BATCH COUNT=200
LANGDRIVER=
MAX ROWS=-1
SCHEMA CACHE DIR=
SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8
SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1
SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT
SQLQRYMODE=
ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE
ENABLE BCD=FALSE
ROWSET SIZE=20
BLOBS TO CACHE=64
BLOB SIZE=32
PASSWORD=

This got me an invalid configuration parameter error.
I'm a bit clueless now..does anybody have any idea how get the Access 2000
database on the run?

Thanks in advance!

Erik

0
The
9/21/2004 3:17:02 PM
comp.pascal.delphi.databases 685 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"The Sphinx" <TheSphinx92@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<cipglh$fgr$1@brutus.eur.nl>...
> Hi,
>
> My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'. I'd
> like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'. I
> succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by
> Access 2000).
> However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000 format.

You will also need to install version 4.0 of the Microsoft Jet
Database Engine, included with MDAC version 2.5.  Possibly later
versions of the MDAC will likely work as well.  Here is one link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=83e8f178-94c9-4e7d-b0b6-a8a94c4eb912&DisplayLang=en

watch the line wrapping.

HTH,

John
0
johnrkebert
9/22/2004 2:10:55 AM
BDE doesn't work with MS Access 2000.

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
E-mail: mshkolnik@scalabium.com

"The Sphinx" <TheSphinx92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'. I'd
> like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'. I
> succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by
> Access 2000).
> However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000 format.
> These are the values of the Params field of my TDatabase component:
> DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb
> LANGDRIVER=
> OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
> SYSTEM DATABASE=
> PASSWORD=
>
> Changing the database name to C:\Sysmex\Sysmex2000.mdb got me the
following
> error: General SQL-error, unrecognized database format.
> It isn't clear to me how I can identicate that the current format is
Access
> 2000.
> I've also tried to change the field DriverName of the TDatabase component
> from MSACCESS to 'Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)'.
> This got me the following parameters:
>
> DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb
> USER NAME=
> ODBC DSN=
> OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
> BATCH COUNT=200
> LANGDRIVER=
> MAX ROWS=-1
> SCHEMA CACHE DIR=
> SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8
> SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1
> SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT
> SQLQRYMODE=
> ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE
> ENABLE BCD=FALSE
> ROWSET SIZE=20
> BLOBS TO CACHE=64
> BLOB SIZE=32
> PASSWORD=
>
> This got me an invalid configuration parameter error.
> I'm a bit clueless now..does anybody have any idea how get the Access 2000
> database on the run?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Erik

0
Mike
9/22/2004 4:47:21 AM
Thanks for your replies. I got it on the run by specifying an ODBC-alias.
This alias has been defined with odbcad32.exe
I only had to assign the alias the TDatabase.AliasName; I can access the
Access 2000 database now.

"Mike Shkolnik" <mshkolnik2002@ukr.net> wrote in message
> BDE doesn't work with MS Access 2000.
>
> --
> With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
> E-mail: mshkolnik@scalabium.com
> WEB: http://www.scalabium.com
>
> "The Sphinx" <TheSphinx92@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'.
I'd
> > like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'.
> > succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by
> > Access 2000).
> > However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000
format.
> > These are the values of the Params field of my TDatabase component:
> > DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb
> > LANGDRIVER=
> > OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
> > SYSTEM DATABASE=
> > PASSWORD=
> >
> > Changing the database name to C:\Sysmex\Sysmex2000.mdb got me the
> following
> > error: General SQL-error, unrecognized database format.
> > It isn't clear to me how I can identicate that the current format is
> Access
> > 2000.
> > I've also tried to change the field DriverName of the TDatabase
component
> > from MSACCESS to 'Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)'.
> > This got me the following parameters:
> >
> > DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb
> > USER NAME=
> > ODBC DSN=
> > OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
> > BATCH COUNT=200
> > LANGDRIVER=
> > MAX ROWS=-1
> > SCHEMA CACHE DIR=
> > SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8
> > SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1
> > SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT
> > SQLQRYMODE=
> > ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE
> > ENABLE BCD=FALSE
> > ROWSET SIZE=20
> > BLOBS TO CACHE=64
> > BLOB SIZE=32
> > PASSWORD=
> >
> > This got me an invalid configuration parameter error.
> > I'm a bit clueless now..does anybody have any idea how get the Access
2000
> > database on the run?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Erik

0
The

Access 97 Database converted to Access 2000
I converted an access97 Database to Access 2K and have discovered that none of the control buttons work. Is there a simple work around ? Thanks Omey The code will not work if your references are incorrect or missing, or if there are compile errors in the code. 1. Press Ctrl+G to open the Immediate window. 2. From the Tools menu, choose References. 3. Ensure check marks beside these libraries only: - Visual Basic for Applications - Microsoft Access 9.0 - Microsoft DAO 3.6 and make sure none of these has the word "MISSING". Close the dialog. 4. ...

Access 97 Converted to 2000 refuses to work on other PC with Access 2000
Hi I have an Access 2000 database which was written in Access 97 and then converted to Access 2000. However I cannot run the Access database on another PC with just Access 2000. It keeps on complaining as if it is an unconverted database or that I must join the workgroup. No workgroups were set in the original Access 97 PC so how do you know which workgroup to join ? I have tried the Knowledge base articles Q241141 and Q 241230 to no avail. Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks Jozua ...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000
What are the most important differences between Access 97 and Access 2000? If I look at a book about Access 97, what should I be aware of when I work in Access 2000? Lisa One thing you need to be aware of is that Access 2000 requires a fast machine to get acceptable response times during development. I'm not sure how this works exactly, but I think Access97 saves individual objects as you work on them, whereas Access2000 saves the whole project. This can turn your delightful computer that easily develops Access97 databases into a horrid slow-coach that grinds its way painfully from save...

Access 2000 ----> Access 97
Witam, Mam pytanie dotycz�ce konwersji z access 2000 do 97. Na co mam zwr�ci� uwag� przy projektowaniu bazy w a2k tak , aby docelowo mog�a pracowa� w a97 (np. split itp.) Czy A2000 zawiera du�o ulepsze� (czytaj: bajer�w) , kt�re mog� potencjalnie popsu� konwersj� do A97. Z g�ry dzi�kuj� za odpowiedzi i pozdrawiam, Pawe� Sorry for mischoosing the language version of the newsgroup. U�ytkownik "Pawe� "eGEO.pl"" <biuro@geodezja.biz> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:cael6m$n9$1@news.onet.pl... > Witam, > > Mam pytanie dotycz�ce konwersji z access 2000 do 97...

Conversion from Access 97 to Access 2000
I know little about Access. I have a program that produces school reports written in Access 97. When I try to run it in Access 2000 I keep getting the following error message - Compile error: Ambiguous name detected: Command4_Click When the debugger starts the following line is highlighted - Private Sub Command4 Click Can anyone assist with this problem Thanking you Don Nethercott Don, Open your form in design view then click on the Code button in the toolbar at the top of the screen. It's the only colored button and is at the left of the Properties button. This opens the code module ...

Upgrading Access 97 to Access 2000
Friends, I have just upgraded an Access 97 databae to Access 2000 with no problems. I used Win 98 as OS. I am now having problems if running the program on a Windows 2000 OS computer. I have noticed that a file set in the reference of my program links to msoffice\office\msacc8.olb while the new systems shows a reference to a newer msacc10.old file. Can you think of a way on how to fix this? I don't know if these files are part of a utility package or what. Is there a way I can fix this remotely since the problem is on a a different network than mine and cannot work on it! H...

migrating from access 97 to access 2000
Hello, What is the best way to do this. I have many off-site locations with access 97 back-end databases. If I wish to go to access 2000, and don't want to manuall upgrade the back ends to access 2000, how do I automate this? If there isn't a way to do this through code, do I need to install to a different folder with a blank 2000 database, and manually import each table's data from the 97 database? Or is there an easier way? Many Thanks, "ARC" <andy@andyc.com> wrote: >What is the best way to do this. I have many off-site locations with access >97...

Linking from Access 2000 to Access 97
I have a database that I want to setup both an Access 97 and 2000 front-end to. When I link to the Access 97 database from Access 2000 I can't update/delete/or add data. I can only view it. However, when I link from 97 to 97 it works fine. Is there a way to make this work so that a 2000 front end can fully manipulate the data in a 97 backend? A2000 can have linked tables from an A97 mdb and the data in the tables can be edited, deleted and inserted. There must be something else happening. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://all...

Problem with converting Access 97 to Access 2000
We're trying to convert the last Access 97 database in our department to Access 2000. The database is secured, and the problem is that the database owner hasn't worked for the department for years. So his account has been gone for a while, and the database no longer has an actual owner. We have a couple of administrative accounts, and they've been able to do what was needed to this point, but there are two tables over which we can't seem to get administrative rights: MsysModules MsysModules2 Because we can't seem to get administrative rights to these two tables, we can&...

Records corrupt in Access 2000+ but not Access 97
Following on from an earlier post... I can reliably corrupt a record by doing the following ... Open two separate but identical front ends on one PC each linking to the same back end. Edit a records in one front end and leave it unsaved. Edit the same record in the other front end and save the change. Save the change in the first front end - this pops up the Write Conflict message to which I click Save. About 10-20 seconds later, all fields in the record are replaced with |||||||||||||||||||||||||||. Sometimes this causes corruption of the file, sometimes not. Obviously saving a change ...

Help: Install Access 97 and Access 2000
Sorry if this question was posted before but I can not find the FAQ. Anyhow, I am trying to install Access 97 in my computer where Access 2000 is already installed, how this can be done, so I can use both?. Thanks, Jaime Jaime, Search Google for this question and you will get more results than you like ;-) IMHO: You should install A97 first and A2000 afterwards (in different path) I have installed A97 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office97\ and A2000 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office2000. This way you won't get into trouble. Installing the other way around can lead to disasters...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003
Hi All, Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from Access 97 to Access 2003. Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use the same Access databases. At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt. The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of...

Migrating Access 97 mdb to Access 2000
I've been given the task to migrate some existing MS Access mdb's from 97 to 2000 . This exercise will include converting all table forms and code modules. I'm aware in Access 2000 you there is a menu command to covert to 2000 Have anyone migrated from 97 to 2000 before and if so I would be grateful if you could post any problems / share any experiences on this subject to start a discussion. Also if anyone is aware of any functions that are obsolete in 2000 I'd be grateful. Thanks in anticipation Chris Peter Russell <rusty@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:memo.20...

Mixing Access 97 and Access 2000 clients
Can anyone advise me of the probelms I might encounter mixing Access97 and Access2000 clients on the same linked to the same backend database. In other words, is this a very bad idea? No problem with Access, though there can be issues with ActiveX controls, or versions of additional stuff such as MS Graph. Split the database: - A97 back end mdb; - A97 front end on each A97 workstation; - A2000 front end on each A2000 workstation. Make sure you have the latest service patches, both for Office and for Jet. Assuming you are developing in A2000, it's a quick process to convert back to A97 ...

Web resources about - From access 97 to access 2000 - comp.pascal.delphi.databases

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Wired to Charge for Ad-Free Access to Site
Wired is taking an innovative approach to dealing with ad blocking software. Starting soon, readers can subscribe to Wired.com for $1 per week ...

Dealmaster: Get an Amazon Fire tablet with Amazon Underground access for $40
... Amazon Fire tablet with 8GB of storage for just $40. This deal includes some special offers with the tablet, including Amazon Underground access, ...

Instantly switch to favorite folders with Quick Access Popup
... maybe opening or saving a file, but the current folder is so far away that you have to click, and click, and click to get there. Quick Access ...

Netflix gets unexpected help in quest to cut your VPN access
Just when we thought that Netflix is about to lose the first fight against VPN service providers that help international users access any Netflix ...

2002's Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is coming to Steam Early Access
... their way to the platform. They’ve now finally, officially announced that the original Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is coming to Steam Early Access ...

The Public Access Weekly: Ooh! A piece of candy...
Just once I'd like to wake up on a Friday morning and not get Rebecca Black's infamous song stuck in my head but every Friday it sneaks in there ...

Congress Makes Internet Access Tax Ban Permanent
After nearly 20 years of temporary fixes, Congress voted to make permanent a ban on internet tax access.

EXCLUSIVE Sources: 12 had access to Clinton server 'secret' intel
EXCLUSIVE Sources: 12 had access to Clinton server 'secret' intel

Study: Entrepreneurs with direct flight access to venture capital backers are more likely to succeed
A new study from MIT discovered that startups are more likely to succeed when their venture capital backers are connected to them via direct ...