SYBERIA 2 "Can't Find CD ROM"

I just started playing Syberia 2, and after a few plays and days
later, the game won't start due to a "can't find the cd rom" alert.
Has anybody experienced this?... and is there a patch out there
somewhere for S2?  I've now installed the game on two different pc's
and I get the same alert.  I'm assuming now that there's something
wrong with the disc, however, the CD is in perfect (scratch-free)
condition.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Mike

vistaman@earthlink.net
0
vistaman
3/21/2007 11:14:58 PM
comp.pc.games.adventure 2998 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

vistaman@earthlink.net wrote in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure:

> I just started playing Syberia 2, and after a few plays and days
> later, the game won't start due to a "can't find the cd rom" alert.
> Has anybody experienced this?... and is there a patch out there
> somewhere for S2?  I've now installed the game on two different pc's
> and I get the same alert.  I'm assuming now that there's something
> wrong with the disc, however, the CD is in perfect (scratch-free)
> condition.  Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks, Mike
>
> vistaman@earthlink.net

This is certainly no generic problem, as my copy doesn't give that error
message. Nor can I remember there's ever been a patch for Syberia 2.
I guess you disabled all kind of safeware like AV scanners, firewalls etc
and see if one of those resident programs might be the culprit - or
started in safe mode and see if it works there. If you have that culprit
on two machines, it's obvious the game won't work on either.

What you could try to do is make an image of the CD- ROM with a utility
like Nero or MagicDisk:
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm
which is freeware. The latter basically is a virtual CD/DVD Manager with
the added ability to make images as well. Make an image, mount the virtual
CD-Rom and see if it works on either PC. If not - or if you can't make an
image at all, you can be fairly sure it's a media problem after all.

Good luck.

--
CeeBee

*** entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem ***
0
CeeBee
3/21/2007 11:30:31 PM
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:14:58 +0000, vistaman wrote:

> I just started playing Syberia 2, and after a few plays and days later,
> the game won't start due to a "can't find the cd rom" alert. Has anybody
> experienced this?... and is there a patch out there somewhere for S2?
> I've now installed the game on two different pc's and I get the same
> alert.  I'm assuming now that there's something wrong with the disc,
> however, the CD is in perfect (scratch-free) condition.  Any thoughts on
> this?
>
> Thanks, Mike
>
> vistaman@earthlink.net

Do a Google search for Syberia 2 nocd and see what you come up with.

0
djin
3/22/2007 3:39:28 PM
On Mar 22, 9:39 am, djin <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:14:58 +0000, vistaman wrote:
> > I just started playing Syberia 2, and after a few plays and days later,
> > the game won't start due to a "can't find the cd rom" alert. Has anybody
> > experienced this?... and is there a patch out there somewhere for S2?
> > I've now installed the game on two different pc's and I get the same
> > alert.  I'm assuming now that there's something wrong with the disc,
> > however, the CD is in perfect (scratch-free) condition.  Any thoughts on
> > this?
>
> > Thanks, Mike
>
> > vista...@earthlink.net
>
> Do a Google search for Syberia 2 nocd and see what you come up with.

>______________________________________<

Thanks to both of you for your help on this matter.
I could not get a "virtual dvd" to mount and have the game run without
the same "Could not Find..." alert.  Bummer, however, it seems like a
cool piece of programming.

The "nocd" option however, worked like a champ.  I'm a happy Syberian
again.  I bought the software, months ago, (both 1 & 2) so I don't
feel any guilt over this.
Thanks again guys!!!
Mike

0
vistaman
3/25/2007 10:38:27 PM
On Mar 21, 4:14 pm, vista...@earthlink.net wrote:
> I just started playing Syberia 2, and after a few plays and days
> later, the game won't start due to a "can't find the cd rom" alert.
> Has anybody experienced this?... and is there a patch out there
> somewhere for S2?  I've now installed the game on two different pc's
> and I get the same alert.  I'm assuming now that there's something
> wrong with the disc, however, the CD is in perfect (scratch-free)
> condition.  Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks, Mike
>
> vista...@earthlink.net

game copy world .com is your friend.

0
ephedralover

"Can't find CD, insert additional driver floppy". But, it's booted from CD!
I'm trying to install Mandrake 10.1 into a system built around a Pentium 4 on an Asus P4C800-E motherboard. I have two SATA drives and intend to dual boot, one drive for Windows and one for Linux. I have Mandrake Linux 10 installed on one drive, and Windows XP Pro on the other. The installation CD will boot and ask me to select how I want to install. I select to run the install with the default graphical interface. The installer tells me "No CDROM device found" (I have to press OK). (I mutter "You just booted from it! How can you not find it!?!") "Please...

Can't Find Answer Any Where (What would you do/try): fopen ("file on shared drive","w+") doesn't work on 2nd call using Windows LabView DDL
Hello, I have a shared drive on SGI, Linux, and Windows. The fact that I'm using a shared drive may be mute information. The problem is within the same program a second call to fopen does not create a file if the file has been deleted. I would like to use fopen for its pointer return value to solve this. What is the best way to fix this problem? The reason I want to do this is I do not want to exit completely from LabView and then re-enter it to create the file! I talked to my system person and he said something "like" this. That it is a caching problem. Windows has the fil...

mplayer can't play "link," and I can't find the real one
I'm trying to listen to my football game, but I can't get mplayer to cooperate. I'm trying to play a link from http://knbr.com/listenNow.html without much luck (I want the link from the right for the 1050 station). The button link is javascript:openplayer('http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR 1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM'); so I try mplayer "http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/player/pages/index.asp?headertext=KNBR 1050 The Sports Leader&Station=KTCT_AM" and after some whirring...

PreparedStatement can't handle "IN" in "WHERE" clause #2
I have a simple SQL statement: SELECT DISTINCT id FROM TheTable WHERE id in ('1', '2', '3', '4'); If I run this in my SQL query window it correctly returns the set [1, 2, 3, 4]. If I execute the SQL directly using Statement.executeQuery, I get the correct results. However, if I try and substitute the IN clause using a PreparedStatement: PreparedStatement statement = connection.prepareStatement("SELECT DISTINCT id from TheTable WHERE id IN (?)"); statement.setString(1, "'1', '2', '3', '4'"); The result set...

exmh 2.7.0: OK, 2.7.2: 'tkerror: can't read "pgp(pgp6,path)": no ...'
Hiya, I just upgraded to Mandriva 2007.0, which comes with exmh 2.7.2. I tried that, but I got one of those traceback windows and this in the xterm where I started exmh: exmh: tkerror: can't read "pgp(pgp6,path)": no ... exmh: tkerror: can't read "exwin(mtext)": no s ... I rebuilt my 2.7.0 exmh from my previous OS. It runs just fine. I'm running tcl-8.4.13 & tk-8.4.13, both shipped with Mandriva, if that matters. What could the problem be? Thanks.... -- PLEASE post a SUMMARY of the answer(s) to your question(s)! Show Windo...

I can't find the "From Memory" and "To Memory" blocks in c281xlib
I can't find the "From Memory" and "To Memory" blocks in c281xlib in matlab2009b, is there anyone know why? I can find them in help doc. I can find them in matlab 2009a, but can't find them in 2009b and 2010a... anybody know why? "wang hua" <ghpghp3@126.com> wrote in message <hu5isv$8ki$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I can't find the "From Memory" and "To Memory" blocks in c281xlib in matlab2009b, is there anyone know why? I can find them in help doc. "wang hua" <ghpghp3@126.com> wrote in message...

"find"can't find?
I've found very funny situation with my matlab6.5. a=0:0.1:1 b=find(a==0.3) Then, ans is supposed to be 4, however, >>Empty matrix: 1-by-0 On Apr 4, 5:43 pm, "Seungyong " <jsyw...@gmaildot.com> wrote: > I've found very funny situation with my matlab6.5. > a=0:0.1:1 > b=find(a==0.3) > > Then, ans is supposed to be 4, however, > > >>Empty matrix: 1-by-0 This is a variation on a frequently asked question. The answer is simply that the decimal number 0.3 cannot be represented exactly in the double precision floating point arithmetic use...

GNU Screen "No more PTYs" "Sorry can't find a PTY"
I built GNU screen from both GNU source and the source from the HP-UX port and archive center. In both cases I get an error on the screen console that "No more PTYs." and "Sorry can't find a PTY." Is there a non-admin user way to fix this issue? One issue that appears to be showing up with Google is missing PTYs in /dev. However there are ones there > ls /dev/pty ttya0 ttyae ttybc ttyca ttye8 ttyf6 ttyp4 ttyq2 ttyr0 ttyre ttysc ttyta ttyu8 ttyv6 ttyw4 ttyx2 ttyy0 ttyye ttyzc ttya1 ttyaf ttybd ttycb ttye9 ttyf7 ttyp5 ...

Can't install OS 9.2.2 on G4 (""This software cannot run on this computer.")
My OS 9 installer refuses to run on my G4!� I have a 1.25 GHz G4 with 512MB RAM, running Panther, no OS 9 installed.� I decided that I would go ahead and install OS 9, as there is one legacy app I occasionally need.� I don't have the original OS 9 install disk that came with the computer, but I do have an OEM 9.2.2 disk I bought on Megamacs.com� I know the disk is OK, because I've tried it on a slightly older G4 and the installer runs.� But when I boot from the CD on my new G4, and try to run the installer, I get a message that says "This software cannot run on this comput...

lynx 'browser' can't do "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>"
lynx is lighteningly fast to fetch a set of pages [via a script] via dump > fileID. But [my current version] doesn't render the 'style' of: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" What is this new "xml" crap ? Will it likely take over the older *.html ? Thanks for any info, == Chris Glur. news@absamail.co.za wrote in news:1172596265.663611@vasbyt.isdsl.net: > lynx is lighteningly fast to fetch a set of pages [via a script] via > dump > fileID. > > But [my current version] doesn't ...

Why doesn't can't a vector of "Derived" be passed to function taking vector of "Base"?
I have these classes (elided methods): class Base { public: Base(string name) {...} }; class Derived : public Base { public: Derived(String name) : Base( name ) {...} }; And neither of these work: /*** ATTEMPT ONE **/ void create(std::vector<Base>& arr) { ... } int main() { std::vector<Derived> arr; create( arr ); } /*** ATTEMPT TWO **/ void create(std::vector<Base*>& arr) { ... } int main() { std::vector<Derived*> arr; ...

(mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4"))
(mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4")) returns ((quote "4") (quote "4") (quote "4") (quote "4")) Interesting and (for me) unexpected. Because (mapcar 'read '("1" "2" "3" "4")) returns (1 2 3 4) and (mapcar 'princ '("1" "2" "3" "4")) gives 1234("1" "2" "3" "4") Why isn't (mapcar 'quote '("1" "2" "3" "4&q...

Has someone got "/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library: "dl"" error
Dear friends While building the server executable for Systinet Server And Im getting the following error. $ make all No suffix list. Making all in basic No suffix list. Making all in arrays cd ../.. && make am--refresh No suffix list. No suffix list. /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -g -o arrays client.o arrays.lo arraysStructs.lo /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp.la /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp_stl.la /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -g -o arrays client.o .libs/arrays.o ..libs/arraysStructs.o /opt/systinet/server_cpp65/lib/libwasp_stl.sl /opt/...

http 2.4.5 : can't read "state(after)": no such element in array while executing "after cancel $state(after)"
Hello everyone, I set up my eggdrop a code that returns all bugs error to debugged as easily as possible. This code returns to me chque call a function of the HTTP package http.tcl 2.4.5 error: can't read "state(after)": no such element in array while executing "after cancel $state(after)" I think properly use this package calls, his would be a bug itself? How to solve this problem? What is the? Need more information? well to you. ...

Web resources about - SYBERIA 2 "Can't Find CD ROM" - comp.pc.games.adventure