"Target for Today" & "Thunderbolt": An Awesome WWII Double Feature at Zeno's Drive-In"

--MS_Mac_OE_3141030824_1311047_MIME_Part

The Zeno's Drive-in 6th Anniversary Summer Film Festival Double Feature

Stop by Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In (http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com)
and catch two awesome World War II aviation flicks. I'm celebrating our 6th
anniversary on the 'Net with two of our favorites:  the jam packed  P-47
feature "Thunderbolt!" and the Eighth Air For epic documentary "Target for
Today." As usual, they are for free online viewing, have been newly
re-digitized and now, because we have more server space, you can watch them
in their entirety, without having to come back  to see multiple parts.

Thunderbolt! chronicles the exploits of the P-47 Thunderbolt pilots of the
"Fighting Gamecocks" of the 65th Fighter squadron, 57th Fighter Group. Based
on the island of Corsica off the northwest coast of the Italian boot, they
flew from behind the enemy's flank. As part of "Operation Strangle," they
continuously attacked highways, bridges, ammo dumps, railroads and just
about anything that moved to choke off the flow of supplies to the Axis
front line. This film not only features one-of-a-kind P-47 combat footage,
it also shows day-to-day life on a MTO forward air base, including vintage
pilot slang.

This front-line documentary was directed by Lt. Col. William Wyler (Ben-Hur)
and Capt. John Sturges (The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape) and is
grippingly narrated by Lloyd Bridges and Jose Ferrer, with an introduction
by James Stewart. This has to be finest combination of great photography, a
hard bitten, realistic script, stirring music, powerful narration and full
bore Pratt & Whitney R-2800-59W Double Wasp radial engine roar I have seen
or heard in a World War II documentary. Truly memorable and highly
recommended.

"Target for Today" is THE classic World War II feature length documentary
detailing a "maximum effort" daylight bombing mission deep into Germany.
There are no actors in "Target For Today". This film was shot on location
under combat conditions and features the officers and men of the 8th Air
Force going about their deadly business. All aspects of an actual major raid
in mid 1943, from early planning through final touch down and crew
debriefings, are covered in this very thorough account. Anklam, Danzig and
the FW-190 plant at Marrienburg are the targets hit. Although inflating the
bombing campaign's effectiveness, this is no sugar coated propaganda film.
Heavy losses and the bomber crew's trepidation at making unescorted deep
penetration raids on heavily defended targets are graphically portrayed.
Over 1 and 1/2 hours of engrossing World War II footage.

If you haven't stopped by Zeno's Drive-In before, we also feature 1942-45
vintage WWII Army & Navy films on how to fly the  F4U, F6F, P-38, P-39,
P-40, P-47, P-51, P-61, TBF/TBM, B-17, B-24, B-25, A-20, A-26, B-26, B-29,
and more.  That's over 12 hours of rockin' props for free viewing over the
internet. See detailed charts, diagrams, and interior photos from original
WWII pilot's manuals too.

And by popular request, you can now order high quality, large format video
on CDs of all the WWII films featured  at the Drive-In from our new CD Video
Store,  starting at only US$7.95.  These CDs will play on just about any
Windows or Mac computer and include rare bonus films like "Recognition of
the Japanese Zero" and "The Rear Gunner,"  " Clark Gable's "Combat America,"
and more. International orders are welcome.

Finally, our "Control Tower" page has the largest collection of World War II
Aviation links on the 'net

So drop your flaps & drop in!

That's http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com

Check Six!

Zeno

--MS_Mac_OE_3141030824_1311047_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>&quot;Target for Today&quot; &amp; &quot;Thunderbolt&quot;: An Aweso=
me WWII Double Feature at Zeno's Drive-In&quot;</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">The Zeno's Drive-in 6th Anniversary Summe=
r Film Festival Double Feature<BR>
<BR>
Stop by Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In (<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://www.=
zenoswarbirdvideos.com</U></FONT>) and catch two awesome World War II aviati=
on flicks. I'm celebrating our 6th anniversary on the 'Net with two of our f=
avorites: &nbsp;the jam packed &nbsp;P-47 feature &quot;Thunderbolt!&quot; a=
nd the Eighth Air For epic documentary &quot;Target for Today.&quot; As usua=
l, they are for free online viewing, have been newly re-digitized and now, b=
ecause we have more server space, you can watch them in their entirety, with=
out having to come back &nbsp;to see multiple parts.<BR>
<BR>
Thunderbolt! chronicles the exploits of the P-47 Thunderbolt pilots of the =
&quot;Fighting Gamecocks&quot; of the 65th Fighter squadron, 57th Fighter Gr=
oup. Based on the island of Corsica off the northwest coast of the Italian b=
oot, they flew from behind the enemy's flank. As part of &quot;Operation Str=
angle,&quot; they continuously attacked highways, bridges, ammo dumps, railr=
oads and just about anything that moved to choke off the flow of supplies to=
 the Axis front line. This film not only features one-of-a-kind P-47 combat =
footage, it also shows day-to-day life on a MTO forward air base, including =
vintage pilot slang.<BR>
<BR>
This front-line documentary was directed by Lt. Col. William Wyler<FONT COL=
OR=3D"#FF0000"> </FONT>(Ben-Hur) and Capt. John Sturges<FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"> =
</FONT>(The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape) and is grippingly narrated =
by Lloyd Bridges and Jose Ferrer, with an introduction by James Stewart. Thi=
s has to be finest combination of great photography, a hard bitten, realisti=
c script, stirring music, powerful narration and full bore Pratt &amp; Whitn=
ey R-2800-59W Double Wasp radial engine roar I have seen or heard in a World=
 War II documentary. Truly memorable and highly recommended.<BR>
<BR>
&quot;Target for Today&quot; is THE<I> </I>classic World War II feature len=
gth documentary detailing a &quot;maximum effort&quot; daylight bombing miss=
ion deep into Germany. There are no actors in &quot;Target For Today&quot;. =
This film was shot on location under combat conditions and features the offi=
cers and men of the 8th Air Force going about their deadly business. All asp=
ects of an actual major raid in mid 1943, from early planning through final =
touch down and crew debriefings, are covered in this very thorough account. =
Anklam, Danzig and the FW-190 plant at Marrienburg are the targets hit. Alth=
ough inflating the bombing campaign's effectiveness, this is no sugar coated=
 propaganda film. Heavy losses and the bomber crew's trepidation at making u=
nescorted deep penetration raids on heavily defended targets are graphically=
 portrayed. Over 1 and 1/2 hours of engrossing World War II footage.<BR>
<BR>
If you haven't stopped by Zeno's Drive-In before, we also feature 1942-45 v=
intage WWII Army &amp; Navy films on how to fly the &nbsp;F4U, F6F, P-38, P-=
39, P-40, P-47, P-51, P-61, TBF/TBM, B-17, B-24, B-25, A-20, A-26, B-26, B-2=
9, and more. &nbsp;That's over 12 hours of rockin' props for free viewing ov=
er the internet. See detailed charts, diagrams, and interior photos from ori=
ginal WWII pilot's manuals too.<BR>
<BR>
And by popular request, you can now order high quality, large format video =
on CDs of all the WWII films featured &nbsp;at the Drive-In from our new CD =
Video Store, &nbsp;starting at only US$7.95. &nbsp;These CDs will play on ju=
st about any Windows or Mac computer and include rare bonus films like &quot=
;Recognition of the Japanese Zero&quot; and &quot;The Rear Gunner,&quot; &nb=
sp;&quot; Clark Gable's &quot;Combat America,&quot; &nbsp;and more. Internat=
ional orders are welcome.<BR>
<BR>
Finally, our &quot;Control Tower&quot; page has the largest collection of W=
orld War II Aviation links on the 'net<BR>
<BR>
So drop your flaps &amp; drop in!<BR>
<BR>
That's <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com<BR>
</U></FONT><BR>
Check Six!<BR>
<BR>
Zeno </FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3141030824_1311047_MIME_Part--

0
zeno
7/14/2003 6:33:43 PM
comp.pc.games.flight-sim 4434 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow