Hardwar

Anyone out there who plays Hardwar?
I know of a dedicated server, with no players yet thou..
If you play Hardwar, send a mess and join our world.. =)

Van The Man

0
Van
7/23/2003 12:16:28 AM
comp.pc.games.space-sim 801 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I just installed this game again after buying it years ago. It beats some of
the games that have just arrived!! Fantastic. Lots of support online too.

Yes I just might give it ago. How do I play on line?

Thanks

ken
"Van The Man" <vantheman@nordic-pua.net> wrote in message
> Anyone out there who plays Hardwar?
> I know of a dedicated server, with no players yet thou..
> If you play Hardwar, send a mess and join our world.. =)
>
> Van The Man

0
ken
7/24/2003 8:57:06 PM
I really liked Hardwar and would be willing to play a persistant online
server.  My only real complaint about the game was the dynamics (or flight
model) or the ships is too simplistic.  However the rest of the game
somewhat makes up for that.

Also Hardwar has the best soundtrack of any game I've played.  I ripped it
to MP3 and play it with the rest of my music all the time.

"ken spencer" <ken@kenspencer.co.uk> wrote in message
> I just installed this game again after buying it years ago. It beats some
of
> the games that have just arrived!! Fantastic. Lots of support online too.
>
> Yes I just might give it ago. How do I play on line?
>
> Thanks
>
> ken
> "Van The Man" <vantheman@nordic-pua.net> wrote in message
> > Anyone out there who plays Hardwar?
> > I know of a dedicated server, with no players yet thou..
> > If you play Hardwar, send a mess and join our world.. =)
> >
> > Van The Man

0
FLY135
7/24/2003 9:51:22 PM
:: On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:57:06 +0000 (UTC)
:: "ken spencer" wrote:

>Yes I just might give it ago. How do I play on line?

Have a look for games in the online section here,
http://web16.denver010.server4free.de/hwboard/ . There are normally a
few games up.

You'll need to be running the same version as the host - commonly
either U2.04 or one of the later U3 betas (beta 4 or beta 5). Then,
from the Hardwar launcher, select Launch - Connect to a network game
(client) - TCP/IP option for Internet play - enter the IP of the
server you want to connect to - select one of the games running on the
server (there will probably only be one). Hardwar will now load. Enter
a pilot name (you may need to type slowly) and click Play.

It sort-of works on a 56k modem, although combat is tricky.
Disconnections are very unforgiving - grab a hangar and clones early
in a persistent game.

More notes can be found here -
http://www.capsu.org/hardwar/faq/#online (plug, plug).

--
tim.capsu.org
0

Also it bears mentioning that using the links that can be found on the forum
(link below) that this game can be downloaded for free.  You download the
demo and then the v2.04 patch and you get the full game minus the music and
cutscenes.  Plus there are later beta releases that add a lot of features.
I'm glad to see that they is a community that is keeping Hardwar alive.
Hopefully at some point there will be some persistant servers running.

"timski" <see@my.sig> wrote in message
> :: On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:57:06 +0000 (UTC)
> :: "ken spencer" wrote:
>
> >Yes I just might give it ago. How do I play on line?
>
> Have a look for games in the online section here,
> http://web16.denver010.server4free.de/hwboard/ . There are normally a
> few games up.
>
> You'll need to be running the same version as the host - commonly
> either U2.04 or one of the later U3 betas (beta 4 or beta 5). Then,
> from the Hardwar launcher, select Launch - Connect to a network game
> (client) - TCP/IP option for Internet play - enter the IP of the
> server you want to connect to - select one of the games running on the
> server (there will probably only be one). Hardwar will now load. Enter
> a pilot name (you may need to type slowly) and click Play.
>
> It sort-of works on a 56k modem, although combat is tricky.
> Disconnections are very unforgiving - grab a hangar and clones early
> in a persistent game.
>
> More notes can be found here -
> http://www.capsu.org/hardwar/faq/#online (plug, plug).
>
> --
> tim.capsu.org

0
FLY135
7/28/2003 1:32:39 PM
:: On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:32:39 GMT
:: "FLY135" wrote:

>Even though this is supposed to be a persistant universe,

Not entirely true. Hardwar is at its heart a single player game that
its developers had made a few changes to to allow persistent servers
to be run.

>...it
>doesn't look like there are any persistant game servers.  I'm guessing that
>Hardwar must be a difficult game server to keep working.

There are a few glitches that can send server games to an early grave.
The most common long-standing one is players accidently
over-purchasing more cargo than they can physically fit in their pod.

I've had one of the later beta versions running continuously as a
persistent game for the best part of a week without a single crash, so
such games can run pretty well (I don't host though, due to my poor
connection).

>Hopefully at some point there will be some persistant servers running.

Many games are run by people from non-dedicated machines, with
'regular' home connections, so tend to disappear from time to time.
Keep trying - something will show up eventually :-) .

--
tim.capsu.org
0
"Van The Man" <vantheman@nordic-pua.net> wrote in message news:<wtkTa.21232$dP1.40316@newsc.telia.net>...
> Anyone out there who plays Hardwar?
> I know of a dedicated server, with no players yet thou..
> If you play Hardwar, send a mess and join our world.. =)
>
> Van The Man

This is one title I must of had and gotten rid of more than once, but
eventually got again.  It is a title I really want to get into and
play but just don't get to it.  I did try to do the game via trader
route, but doing the runs end up either being boring or fatal.

Still, all and all. I have the game and won't get rid of it.  Too many
games to move onto though.

- Richard Hutnik
0
richardhutnik

PC Gaming Almost Dead -AGAIN- So................ PC Industry Consortium to announce 'PC Gaming Alliance' to save PC gaming
Takahashi: Gaming Alliance stumps for PC By Dean Takahashi Mercury News 02/12/2008 The personal computer game industry has trailed behind its console brethren in recent years as easy-to-play games on the Nintendo Wii or online games on the Xbox 360 have stolen the excitement. Companies with a vested interest in keeping the PC alive as a gaming platform will soon announce a consortium dubbed the PC Gaming Alliance. According to two people familiar with the effort, it will include top industry players such as Intel, Microsoft, Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices as well as a number of computer ...

FA: PC CDROM GAMES: Dozens of Games: Harry Potter, Sim City, Sim Mania, Jeopardy!, Half-Life, MAFIA, Gangsters2, etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320029403507 ...

FA: PC CDROM GAMES: Dozens of Games: Harry Potter, Sim City, Sim Mania, Jeopardy!, Half-Life, MAFIA, Gangsters2, etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320029403507 ...

FA: 1-Day-Left: PC CDROM GAMES: Dozens of Games: Harry Potter, Sim City, Sim Mania, Jeopardy!, Half-Life, MAFIA, Gangsters2, etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320029403507 ...

FA: 1-Day-Left: PC CDROM GAMES: Dozens of Games: Harry Potter, Sim City, Sim Mania, Jeopardy!, Half-Life, MAFIA, Gangsters2, etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320029403507 ...

FA: 6 Days Left on IBM WIN/PC Games: Sim City & Farm, Antietam, Race Into Space, Star Trek: 25th Anniv, Antara, Nascar, More
** ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT ON 22 IBM DOS/WIN GAMES - SEE DETAILS BELOW ** We have Lots of IBM PC Windows/DOS to suit everyones taste. To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=downeasttreasures All Auctions have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures (there are anywhere from 1-12 Pictures per Auction). It just doesn't get any better than this. Take a look and check them out before it's too late. Enjoy the Auctions and bid now before you forget to do it. There are currently around 4...

FA: 24 HRS Left on IBM WIN/PC Games: Sim City & Farm, Antietam, Race Into Space, Star Trek: 25th Anniv, Antara, Nascar, More
** ONLY 24 HRS LEFT ON 24 IBM DOS/WIN GAMES - SEE DETAILS BELOW ** We have Lots of IBM PC Windows/DOS to suit everyones taste. To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=downeasttreasures All Auctions have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures (there are anywhere from 1-12 Pictures per Auction). It just doesn't get any better than this. Take a look and check them out before it's too late. Enjoy the Auctions and bid now before you forget to do it. There are currently many, ma...

FA: BOX OF PC GAMES
MS Flight Sim, The Sims, NHL Hockey, Airline, War, etc.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5728075035 ...

FA: BOX OF PC GAMES
MS Flight Sim, The Sims, NHL Hockey, Airline, War, etc.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5728075035 ...

FA: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) / 8 IBM PC Game Games
> Item name: SIX Western Digital 6.4gb Hard Drives > Price: $46.00 > Buy It Now: $46.00 > Bids: -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482211928 > Item name: 8 IBM PC Game Games - (Pirates , Paperboy) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107002333 > Item name: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: ...

FA: BOX OF PC GAMES
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5729163782 ...

FA: BOX OF PC GAMES
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5729163782 ...

pc games complains about the state of PC gaming, however...
It seems to me the consoles are the ones really in trouble. The XBox is no competiton, because it can barely keep up with current gen titles and next gen DX10 titles will put the final nails in the coffin, not to mention all the good XBox 360 titles are available with better graphics on the PC and with better control. The Wii has a market with kids/grannys and such (and deserves it, I suppose with the gimmicky controller that most folks already seem to be losing interest in, so they will need some stellar titles to maintain momentum).. The PS3 has failed, plain and simple. Defeat conceded here: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/biztech/06/19/japan.sony.ap/index.html "Reap The Wild Wind" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:c82h735vd5kpmdenh7npirht49cfhjj3lu@4ax.com... > It seems to me the consoles are the ones really in trouble. > > The XBox is no competiton, because it can barely keep up with current > gen titles and next gen DX10 titles will put the final nails in the > coffin, not to mention all the good XBox 360 titles are available with > better graphics on the PC and with better control. You're leaving out just about every single sports game. The only action sports games for the PC are Madden, NBA and NHL (well, soccer, too, but I don't count that). PC doesn't even have a baseball game anymore, except for text sims. Plus, the XBox 360 still has titles like Gears of War, Dead Rising and the coming Halo 3 that w...

FA: 50+ PC CDROM Games
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5741910296 ...

FA: 50+ PC CDROM Games
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5737943113 ...

FA: 50+ PC CDROM Games
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5741910296 ...

FA: 50+ PC CDROM Games
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5737943113 ...

FA: 1-Day-Left: HUGE LOT of PC CDROM Games: Harry Potter, Sim City, Sim Mania, Jeopardy!, Half-Life, MAFIA, Gangsters2, etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320026900234 ...

FA: 1-Day-Left: HUGE LOT of PC CDROM Games: Harry Potter, Sim City, Sim Mania, Jeopardy!, Half-Life, MAFIA, Gangsters2, etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320026900234 ...

Top 10 space games for PC?
Hi, I only got a pc for home about a year ago, and I was looking for some wise words about the best space sims/games. I've played both the IWar games, and Freespace all of which I enjoyed. I gather the Freespace games are highly regarded, so I've acquired those too and I also just picked up Starlancer on ebay. I'm a but unsure if the X games would suit me, but I have a copy of X2. Could I ask you for some further recommendations? Right on, Commanders. Cheers. P.S. And is there a good space station game? On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:16:36 +0100, Angus ...

FA: SPACE Wings Arcade GAME on your PC
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8134375176&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT -- Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P For Children's Games, Educational, Language & Recreational Software ...

Mickmils PIRATED a PC Game, FINISHED that PC Game, Didn't PAY for it and he is PROUD of it!
Mickmils finished a PC Games: On 25 Mar 2007, Mickmils wrote: > Finished STALKER. Then later he admits he hasn't payed for the game he played and finished On 6 Apr 2007, Mickmils wrote: >> Have you yourself bought STALKER? > > No. And I'm very glad I haven't considering how disappointing > this was. I would have bought it afterwards if it actually > delivered some enjoyment. I find it unbelievable someone telling he didn't enjoyed the game when he actually finished it I guess the guy is MASOCHISTIC, which is obviously not true, he is LYING cause he really is an HYPOCRITE and a THIEF And to conclude he admits feeling PROUD of having PIRATED the game and being a THIEF On 6 Apr 2007, Mickmils wrote: >> No matter what I really hope you didn't PIRATE STALKER > > Well, I'm glad I did :D Disgusting isn't it? So please next time you talk with "Mickmils" with email address <Mickmils@gmail.com> don't forget he is a PIRATE and he is proud of it And btw it would not be a bad idea to report him to the authorities at abuse@proxad.net Fighting against PIRACY is a duty all PC Gamers should do And just the other day someone blamed counterfeiting when all around us what we see in Westerners PIRATING PC Games and its like nothing is happening Its really so easy to blame the others... oh yes the problem with PIRACY is Asian counterfeiting, this group is surrounded by Westerners PIRATING PC Games every d...

FA: 8 PC GAME Guides - Strategy Guides for 8 PC Games
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5727629858 ...

FA: 8 PC GAME Guides - Strategy Guides for 8 PC Games
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5727629858 ...

FS: Space Wings ARCADE Game on your PC
Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=space&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=seals4-deals&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/seals4-Deals ...

Web resources about - Hardwar - comp.pc.games.space-sim

Gremlin Interactive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The company was established in 1984 as Gremlin Graphics Software Ltd by Ian Stewart. In 1994, it was renamed as Gremlin Interactive. Gremlin's ...

Apple Stores discounting Apple TV w/ $25 iTunes card ahead of new hardware rumored for spring
... featured several deals for as low as $84 new , and $62 open-box . Here’s what we know so far about the incoming next-generation Apple TV hardware: ...

Hermes, Prada, Celine, Dior Bags & Other Brand Bags - Adele Bags
Saving 70%-90% to buy the highest quality Hermes, Prada, Celine, Dior bags and other desinger bags. Secure worldwide shipping with 100% Money ...

About the Apple Desktop Bus(IM: D)
... serial bus that connects input devices, such as keyboards, mouse devices, and graphics tablets, to a Macintosh computer or to other hardware ...

Sabersphere 1/18: Caught Stealing Calculus, How the Nationals Were Built, and Jimmie Foxx
... champions. Or at least the last piece of the best team in baseball that will still have to win three near-coin-flip series to lift the hardwar ...

Who is Baba Ramdev? The rise and rise of the yoga guru
A simple farmer’s son now owns assets worth thousands of crores including a £2 mn island in

Futurologists who forget the past are doomed to repeat it
Egbert-Jan Sol, CTO, TNO Science and Industry, mainly talking about the Internet of Things - Billions of people using 1000 Billion connected ...

The Agoris
The Kumbh Mela tradition, as it is still followed today, is for pilgrims to gather at one of four sacred cities (the Tirthas): Allahabad, Hardwar, ...

Holy man's gift blamed for 39 dead in stampede - World news - The Guardian
A saffron-robed Hindu ascetic who threw silver coins at crowds of pilgrims heading for a holy dip at the climax of the Kumbh Mela religious festival ...