I'm looking for a really old DOS game

I played it back in about 1988 on a C64.  It was a space war game, but
it didn't have graphics as such; just a collection of letters on a
grid, each of which represented planets.  Each planet produced a
different number of spaceships per turn, and the only way to know that
amount was to send ships to it, and thus conquer it.

The general idea was to keep your ships in space, flitting between
these planets so that your opponent couldn't easily track how many
reinforcements you had or where they were.  There would be reports of
how many landed or how many left some particular world, but not where
any of them were going or where any of them were if they were still en
route.  Then at the right moment, you could direct them all to key
planets, where (if you were lucky) your opponent wouldn't have enough
defenses, or maybe he would have them all committed to a voyage where
he couldn't recall them until they landed on whatever planet they were
headed for.

Does anyone remember the name of this really old game?
0
ilcunl
3/2/2004 12:49:33 AM
comp.pc.games.strategic 5056 articles. 0 followers. jdoe (250) is leader. Post Follow

No, but you would probably find it at www.the-underdogs.org

You are talking about Moo are you?

0
UglyTrog
3/2/2004 1:21:30 AM
I think Moo only came out for the PC in the 90's right? Am not sure though.
Is the game called Reach for the Stars??
0
me
3/2/2004 5:12:12 AM
I just remembered this game that kinda matches the one you are looking for.
Is it Andromeda Conquest by Avalon Hill??
0
me
3/2/2004 5:15:49 AM
"me" <me@me.com> wrote in

> I think Moo only came out for the PC in the 90's right? Am not sure
> though. Is the game called Reach for the Stars??

SSG's games have always had graphics and not letters.
0
Akars
3/2/2004 7:13:31 AM
Supremacy?

0
Gizmo
3/2/2004 9:05:19 AM
"Aron-Ra" <ilcunl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I played it back in about 1988 on a C64.  It was a space war game, but
> it didn't have graphics as such; just a collection of letters on a
> grid, each of which represented planets.  Each planet produced a
> different number of spaceships per turn, and the only way to know that
> amount was to send ships to it, and thus conquer it.

Is this just another thread about the game Galaxy? Amazing how many computer
games there were that were just a rehash of the board game Stellar Conquest.

0
john

PC Gaming Almost Dead -AGAIN- So................ PC Industry Consortium to announce 'PC Gaming Alliance' to save PC gaming
Takahashi: Gaming Alliance stumps for PC By Dean Takahashi Mercury News 02/12/2008 The personal computer game industry has trailed behind its console brethren in recent years as easy-to-play games on the Nintendo Wii or online games on the Xbox 360 have stolen the excitement. Companies with a vested interest in keeping the PC alive as a gaming platform will soon announce a consortium dubbed the PC Gaming Alliance. According to two people familiar with the effort, it will include top industry players such as Intel, Microsoft, Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices as well as a number of computer ...

does anyone has prolog game ? i'm really need for it (pacman game by prolog is very good but another game is ok too)
i'm searching for it for a long time but i'still cannot find it can u give me an address or a file to me please ? so_shane@hotmail.com thankyou very much ...

games, games, Games!
Let's start another game posting as this is theonly reason I visit this newsgroup and most postings seem technical or about fan sites (though infor on cpcoxygen is always welcome!) Right. Below is a list of games and I want you to put a check (or a yes or no!) by the ones you completed as a kid (or at least, on its original release, because not all Amstrad owners in the eighties were children - I know that!) and a check by the ones you didn't complete as a kid but have now completed via emulation. Why? Because I'm curious, that's all! The selection has been dictated s...

Looks like I'm back to Windows (and PC gaming)
Well, it was a fun experience running Linux solely on my machine. Got to learn many new things, the operating system itself was in many ways superior to Windows. HOWEVER... the gaming of course was fairly non-existent. I knew this, I thought I could handle it. FOOL! Besides, I was facing the issue where I simply didn't have the software I wanted, not just including games, and the alternatives were either buggy or lacking in the niceties/features. Lesson to learn - ideology appeals to the young (eg. me), but ultimately practicality has to be taken into account, so REALITY appeals to...

Mickmils PIRATED a PC Game, FINISHED that PC Game, Didn't PAY for it and he is PROUD of it!
Mickmils finished a PC Games: On 25 Mar 2007, Mickmils wrote: > Finished STALKER. Then later he admits he hasn't payed for the game he played and finished On 6 Apr 2007, Mickmils wrote: >> Have you yourself bought STALKER? > > No. And I'm very glad I haven't considering how disappointing > this was. I would have bought it afterwards if it actually > delivered some enjoyment. I find it unbelievable someone telling he didn't enjoyed the game when he actually finished it I guess the guy is MASOCHISTIC, which is obviously not true, he is LYING cause he re...

Looking for old dos games
Anybody have some old dos games they want to unload cheap? Especially looking for Dune 2 and Civilization 1. Boxed with all manuals please. TeoZ wrote: > Anybody have some old dos games they want to unload cheap? > Especially looking for Dune 2 and Civilization 1. Boxed with all manuals > please. I have Terminator 2029 (with Operation Scour), SkyNET, and a couple others whose names escape me. Of course, they're different styles of games than what you said you were looking for. ...

Looking for old dos games
Anybody have some old dos games they want to unload cheap? Especially looking for Dune 2 and Civilization 1. Boxed with all manuals please. TeoZ wrote: > Anybody have some old dos games they want to unload cheap? > Especially looking for Dune 2 and Civilization 1. Boxed with all manuals > please. I have Terminator 2029 (with Operation Scour), SkyNET, and a couple others whose names escape me. Of course, they're different styles of games than what you said you were looking for. ...

Looking for old PC game
Hello all, i hope somone can help me locate this game: It is a French game for PC -way back in DOS era. It was sidescrolling game -actualy not scrolling rather level-like from left to right. The main character was a mechanical dynosaur interesting thing was that you could control a small mosquito flying out of the dynosaur's back to acomplish simple tasks -like scouting, pushing buttons. Each screen was a puzzle of some sort, goal was to crush enemy, and go trough the obsticles. Game starts in a swamp, on what i understood was alien planet, graphics was very nice, mostly green. in mode X...

FA: 3 PC GAMES - SPYCRAFT, POLICE QUEST, KING'S QUEST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5765197226 ...

FA: 3 PC GAMES - SPYCRAFT, POLICE QUEST, KING'S QUEST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5765197226 ...

FA: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) / 8 IBM PC Game Games
> Item name: SIX Western Digital 6.4gb Hard Drives > Price: $46.00 > Buy It Now: $46.00 > Bids: -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482211928 > Item name: 8 IBM PC Game Games - (Pirates , Paperboy) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107002333 > Item name: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: ...

looking for game 'Xchess' by 'Xfun'
Hi, A few years ago I inherited the game 'Xchess' in the original box. Unfortunately there are a few badsectors on the disk. So I was wondering: anyone out there who has got this game and wants to send me a copy? Thanks in advance. Oh I can proof by the way that I own the original game by sending a scan of the manual or so. -- Folkert van Heusden <folkert@vanheusden.com> www.vanheusden.com ...

I'm a game developer, and I'm an idiot!
Hey, I have this cool idea for making a level in a FPS game. Howabout having the player have a teammate, computer controlled, who is there to "help" the player! And if the teammate dies, the game ends. Yeah, that's a great idea. But why not make the teammate a fucking RETARD! So the teammate, armed with only a pocket knife, will charge a group of 10 enemies with machine guns. And he'll let the bullets hit him, with no attempts to dodge or evade them, until he dies! Man, what a wonderful idea! Just imagine how much fun it will be for the player to play the same section...

A must-read
Please read the following article:- http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/idiocy-of-games-drm.ars A real blast of fresh air in PC gaming is coming from Poland. Here is a copy of a public announcement that expands on the background information imparted in the above article. ------------------------------------------- Warsaw, Poland � July 10, 2008. CD Projekt, best known in the Western world for its award-winning PC RPG, The Witcher, is proud to unveil its invention of time travel. The company sent several representatives to the past and they�ve returned with some amazing findings. Quick...

Web resources about - I'm looking for a really old DOS game - comp.pc.games.strategic