SAI - Access Violation Error

Encountered the first BANG. Here is the fluff (too cold over here to retype
it again)

http://forums.navalwarfare.net/showthread.php?2408-Access-Violation-Error-(Video)&p=48719#post48719

0
Vincenzo
2/6/2012 1:11:11 PM
comp.pc.games.war-historical 7698 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Feb 6, 6:11=A0am, "Vincenzo Beretta" <vincenzo.bere...@fastwebnet.it>
wrote:
> Encountered the first BANG. Here is the fluff (too cold over here to rety=
pe
> it again)
>
> http://forums.navalwarfare.net/showthread.php?2408-Access-Violation-E...

Why does this always seem to happen to me?  I must have the Midas
Touch for finding bugs.  :-)
0
HermanH
2/6/2012 1:19:57 PM
On 7/02/2012 12:19 AM, HermanH wrote:
> On Feb 6, 6:11 am, "Vincenzo Beretta"<vincenzo.bere...@fastwebnet.it>
> wrote:
>> Encountered the first BANG. Here is the fluff (too cold over here to retype
>> it again)
>>
>> http://forums.navalwarfare.net/showthread.php?2408-Access-Violation-E...
>
> Why does this always seem to happen to me?  I must have the Midas
> Touch for finding bugs.  :-)

Just lucky? <g>

I just had a quick look at the forum & noticed a rather different type
of reply to bug reports than I've seen in some other places...

Mr Dean, well done sir.

Regards,
Mike Kreuzer
www.mikekreuzer.com
0
Mike
2/7/2012 10:02:18 AM
In article <jgqsrc$3ik$1@speranza.aioe.org>, mike@FIRSTNAMEkreuzer.com
says...

> > Why does this always seem to happen to me?  I must have the Midas
> > Touch for finding bugs.  :-)
>
> Just lucky? <g>
>
> I just had a quick look at the forum & noticed a rather different type
> of reply to bug reports than I've seen in some other places...

We gotta ban this guy.  Pronto.

Seriously, I did get this error, but at the very beginning of a new
scenario that proceeded to run along perfectly; no lockup, cockup, or
other trouble ensued.

--
Giftzwerg
***
On Feb 7, 5:40=A0am, Giftzwerg <giftzwerg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Seriously, I did get this error, but at the very beginning of a new
> scenario that proceeded to run along perfectly; no lockup, cockup, or
> other trouble ensued.

Unfortunately, I ran into it twice in my first three games and
couldn't complete them.  I got so annoyed that I decided to record
it.

I just tried the Jutland scen and chased the German BC squadron into a
fjord.  Of course, when I pursued, the game started throwing all
manner of Access Violation Errors amongst others.  I refuse to believe
that I am the first to chase the AI into a bay/fjord.  I'm not doing
anything special. Game is pretty decent on the open seas, but I
shouldn't be limited to Blue Water actions.
0
HermanH
2/7/2012 11:44:14 PM
On 8/02/2012 10:44 AM, HermanH wrote:
> On Feb 7, 5:40 am, Giftzwerg<giftzwerg...@hotmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Seriously, I did get this error, but at the very beginning of a new
>> scenario that proceeded to run along perfectly; no lockup, cockup, or
>> other trouble ensued.
>
> Unfortunately, I ran into it twice in my first three games and
> couldn't complete them.  I got so annoyed that I decided to record
> it.
>
> I just tried the Jutland scen and chased the German BC squadron into a
> fjord.  Of course, when I pursued, the game started throwing all
> manner of Access Violation Errors amongst others.  I refuse to believe
> that I am the first to chase the AI into a bay/fjord.  I'm not doing
> anything special. Game is pretty decent on the open seas, but I
> shouldn't be limited to Blue Water actions.

I've never driven a battlecruiser into a fjord (!) but I've fought
plenty of actions near coastlines and have never seen this bug.

Regards,
Mike Kreuzer
www.mikekreuzer.com
0
Mike
2/9/2012 9:54:59 AM
On Feb 9, 2:54=A0am, Mike Kreuzer <m...@FIRSTNAMEkreuzer.com> wrote:
> On 8/02/2012 10:44 AM, HermanH wrote:
>

> > On Feb 7, 5:40 am, Giftzwerg<giftzwerg...@hotmail.com> =A0wrote:
>
> >> Seriously, I did get this error, but at the very beginning of a new
> >> scenario that proceeded to run along perfectly; no lockup, cockup, or
> >> other trouble ensued.
>
> > Unfortunately, I ran into it twice in my first three games and
> > couldn't complete them. =A0I got so annoyed that I decided to record
> > it.
>
> > I just tried the Jutland scen and chased the German BC squadron into a
> > fjord. =A0Of course, when I pursued, the game started throwing all
> > manner of Access Violation Errors amongst others. =A0I refuse to believ=
> > that I am the first to chase the AI into a bay/fjord. =A0I'm not doing
> > anything special. Game is pretty decent on the open seas, but I
> > shouldn't be limited to Blue Water actions.
>
> I've never driven a battlecruiser into a fjord (!) but I've fought
> plenty of actions near coastlines and have never seen this bug.
>
> Regards,
> Mike Kreuzerwww.mikekreuzer.com- Hide quoted text -

Glad that you didn't fall victim to it.  I hit it twice within my
first three games with Elli, then again with Goeben, and finally,
again, when I tried Jutland.  5 times out of my first of about 15
sessions is a bit high.  Good to hear that it didn't happen to you.
0
HermanH