Need help with cr rom drive! hp Pavilion

Hi ~

Forgiv me if this is a stupid question, but my CD Rom drive in my HP
Pavilion 7915 is dead.  It will not load software, it will not play a
music cd, it won't do anything.

The power is there, becuase the door opens, the indicator light comes
on,  and you can hear it making cd noises while trying to read the
disc, but nothing happens.

What should I do?  Clean it, toss it and get another one?  If so, any
suggestions as to where?

This POS computer already had the HD recalled, and when the thing
worked it freaked out when an external burner and the software went
in.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Bluesman
0
hotblues20
11/10/2003 10:52:47 PM
comp.pc.hardware.cd-rom 421 articles. 0 followers. harri85274 (3) is leader. Post Follow