Acronis 10 and Vista x64: "failed to backup file or folder" "error reading the file" 0x40001

I get that error message periodically when attempting either a full or
incremental backup using Acronis (files and folders selected).

I contacted their support, they mentioned checking the disk for
errors, I've never been able to find anything wrong with the drive
itself.

Has anyone run into this and found a fix?

So far, as far as I know, only Acronis will work in doing backups
(selected files/folders) in Vista x64, as Retrospect and Save&Restore
arent out yet for x64 Vista.. so this is quite troubling (as the Vista
standard backup software is terrible for the power user)...

Thanks

0
markm75
2/24/2007 4:17:43 AM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8701 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

about "++" and "--"

"out" and "in out"

"my" and "our"

why "::", not "."

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"or" and "and"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) ...

files "." and ".." from readdir()
Will readdir always return "." and ".." as the _first_ two entries returned if the filesystem has them? I'm just curious if it testing for them can be skipped after the first two have been tested. I've always written my loops around readdir with the tests applied in every case. -- |WARNING: Due to extreme spam, googlegroups.com is blocked. Due to ignorance | | by the abuse department, bellsouth.net is blocked. If you post to | | Usenet from these places, find another Usenet provider ASAP. | | Phil Howard KA9WGN (email for humans: first ...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Web resources about - Acronis 10 and Vista x64: "failed to backup file or folder" "error reading the file" 0x40001 - comp.pc.hardware.storage