Anyone use Seagate Disk Wizard for Cloning?

I am having a devil of a time trying to clone my Maxtor 80GB drive to a new
Seagate 120GB drive.  Running XP Pro with SP2.  Both drive recognized in
BIOS.  Maxtor has 20GB primary partition, plus extended partition that has 4
other logical drives that use up the balance of the space.  All partitions
formatted NTFS.

I first tried cloning with Acronis True Image 8.  It seemed to work, but
when I yanked out the Maxtor and set the Seagate as master on the primary,
XP would not boot.  System acted as though it could not see boot sector.
When I rehooked up Seagate as slave and Maxtor as master and booted to
Maxtor, in XP I could see all the files on the Seagate.

So I wiped the Seagate and tried CopyWipe from Terabyte Unlimited
(BootItNG).  It failed, saying it could not find the target location (the
Seagate - even though the BIOS sees it fine.)  I then tried Maxtor MaxBlast
3, but it terminated under Windows with an error message.  FInally, I tried
Seagate's Disk Wizard.  Well, I almost tried it.  The default is to copy
everything to a single partition.  Don't want that!  I then used the option
where I defined each new partition, size-wise, and software said it was
ready to go, but I chickened out, because it was not clear if it would copy
each old partition to its respective new partition.

Has anyone used DiskWizard this way with success?  Did it copy each
partition's contents in turn to the new drive?  Why can't this be simple?!!
I'm an experienced computer user and builder, but this is driving me nuts.
I even tried to revisit the True Image, intending to use FixBoot and FixMBR
off the recovery console if need be, but I noticed now that True Image wants
to expand only the four logical partitions, not the primary, to divvy up the
added 40GB.

0
wamaruna
2/1/2005 1:46:29 AM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8632 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I always use Norton Ghost.  Its an amazing program that has always
worked for me on any disk, any partition, any OS.  Try it!

wamaruna wrote:
> I am having a devil of a time trying to clone my Maxtor 80GB drive to
a new
> Seagate 120GB drive.  Running XP Pro with SP2.  Both drive recognized
in
> BIOS.  Maxtor has 20GB primary partition, plus extended partition
that has 4
> other logical drives that use up the balance of the space.  All
partitions
> formatted NTFS.
>
> I first tried cloning with Acronis True Image 8.  It seemed to work,
but
> when I yanked out the Maxtor and set the Seagate as master on the
primary,
> XP would not boot.  System acted as though it could not see boot
sector.
> When I rehooked up Seagate as slave and Maxtor as master and booted
> Maxtor, in XP I could see all the files on the Seagate.
>
> So I wiped the Seagate and tried CopyWipe from Terabyte Unlimited
> (BootItNG).  It failed, saying it could not find the target location
(the
> Seagate - even though the BIOS sees it fine.)  I then tried Maxtor
MaxBlast
> 3, but it terminated under Windows with an error message.  FInally, I
tried
> Seagate's Disk Wizard.  Well, I almost tried it.  The default is to
copy
> everything to a single partition.  Don't want that!  I then used the
option
> where I defined each new partition, size-wise, and software said it
was
> ready to go, but I chickened out, because it was not clear if it
would copy
> each old partition to its respective new partition.
>
> Has anyone used DiskWizard this way with success?  Did it copy each
> partition's contents in turn to the new drive?  Why can't this be
simple?!!
> I'm an experienced computer user and builder, but this is driving me
nuts.
> I even tried to revisit the True Image, intending to use FixBoot and
FixMBR
> off the recovery console if need be, but I noticed now that True
Image wants
> to expand only the four logical partitions, not the primary, to divvy
up the
> added 40GB.

0
salsasam85
2/1/2005 4:32:19 AM
salsasam85 <stech85@hotpop.com> wrote in message

> I always use Norton Ghost.  Its an amazing program that has
> always worked for me on any disk, any partition, any OS.  Try it!

And it costs peanuts as part of SystemWorks Pro 2003 off ebay.

Gotta be Pro, it isnt included in the standard SystemWorks 2003.

> wamaruna wrote:
>> I am having a devil of a time trying to clone my Maxtor 80GB drive to
> a new
>> Seagate 120GB drive.  Running XP Pro with SP2.  Both drive recognized
> in
>> BIOS.  Maxtor has 20GB primary partition, plus extended partition
> that has 4
>> other logical drives that use up the balance of the space.  All
> partitions
>> formatted NTFS.
>>
>> I first tried cloning with Acronis True Image 8.  It seemed to work,
> but
>> when I yanked out the Maxtor and set the Seagate as master on the
> primary,
>> XP would not boot.  System acted as though it could not see boot
> sector.
>> When I rehooked up Seagate as slave and Maxtor as master and booted
>> Maxtor, in XP I could see all the files on the Seagate.
>>
>> So I wiped the Seagate and tried CopyWipe from Terabyte Unlimited
>> (BootItNG).  It failed, saying it could not find the target location
> (the
>> Seagate - even though the BIOS sees it fine.)  I then tried Maxtor
> MaxBlast
>> 3, but it terminated under Windows with an error message.  FInally, I
> tried
>> Seagate's Disk Wizard.  Well, I almost tried it.  The default is to
> copy
>> everything to a single partition.  Don't want that!  I then used the
> option
>> where I defined each new partition, size-wise, and software said it
> was
>> ready to go, but I chickened out, because it was not clear if it
> would copy
>> each old partition to its respective new partition.
>>
>> Has anyone used DiskWizard this way with success?  Did it copy each
>> partition's contents in turn to the new drive?  Why can't this be
> simple?!!
>> I'm an experienced computer user and builder, but this is driving me
> nuts.
>> I even tried to revisit the True Image, intending to use FixBoot and
> FixMBR
>> off the recovery console if need be, but I noticed now that True
> Image wants
>> to expand only the four logical partitions, not the primary, to divvy
> up the
>> added 40GB.

0
Rod
2/1/2005 4:40:11 AM
In article <VbBLd.79881$Tf5.9405@lakeread03>, wamaruna
<wamaruna@cox.net> writes

> I then tried Maxtor MaxBlast
>3, but it terminated under Windows with an error message.

I am not sure I understand what you did with Maxblast 3.

You did create a floppy bootable disk by running Maxblast3.exe?

You did boot from the floppy diskette?

What was the error message under windows and under what circumstances.

I have used Maxblast to do what you are trying to do.

--
Nicholas David Richards -

"O� sont les neiges d'antan?"
0
Nicholas

Text Messaging Used as a Malware/Virus Lure
Ryan Naraine - eWEEK Botnet herders have found a crafty new way to lure computer users to maliciously rigged Web sites-via text messaging on cell phones. The latest social engineering trick is to send SMS (short messaging service) alerts to mobile phones with a warning that the target has subscribed to an online dating service that racked up expensive charges on cell phone bills. The message includes a URL for the user to unsubscribe to avoid the $2 per day charges. According to a warning from anti-virus vendor CA, the URL points to a Web site rigged with Win32/Bambo.CF, a Tr...

Problems using PCOMM32.DLL Delta Tau PMAC Driver Library
Recently I have been been trying to create vis that use Delta Tau's PCOMM32 DLL to communicate with and control various PMAC motion controllers.&nbsp; I want to make an application that can poll various status variables as well as send commands and download motion program/plc files.&nbsp; I was able to initialize communications and get the polling routine to work but when I try to add in the send command and receive response portion LabView gives me errors saying either that LabView does not have enough memory to complete the operation or that referenced memory could not be read.&a...

using fminsearch #2
Hi all, I tried to use fminsearch as follows: arr = fminsearch('functionname',q1,q2,r1,r2); where functionname is a function that takes in four arguments q1, q2, r1, r2 (which are the initial guess)... but when I type the above in the command window, it gives me an error saying -------------------------------------------------- ??? Input argument "q2" is undefined. Error in ==> functionname at 18 Q = diag([q1,q2]) Error in ==> fminsearch at 205 fv(:,1) = funfcn(x,varargin{:}); -------------------------------------------------- But when I use the following: arr = f...

Test::Unit: useful assert and diff for HTML?
I have unit tests for several Rails helper methods that generate HTML. For these I'm using this rather imperfect assert method def assert_equal_ignoring_whitespace(expected, actual) assert_equal(clean_html(expected), clean_html(actual)) end def clean_html(html) html.strip.gsub(/\s+/m, ' ').gsub(/>\s+</m, '><') end Semantics may be distorted as differences in significant whitespace can be distorted. The advantage is that I can lay out the expected HTML fragment in a legible fashion. I'd prefer to use a stricter check, though. Another issue is how the...

Anyone? Anyone?
The following runs slow, as you might expect. I'm open to advice. .. . . def GetTotalPages(self): self.PPIPrinterWidth = 100 #whatever self.PPIPrinterHeight = 100 #whatever self.screenscale = 1.0 #whatever bitmap = wxEmptyBitmap( PrinterDefinition['PageWidth'] * self.PPIPrinterWidth ,PrinterDefinition['PageHeight'] * self.PPIPrinterHeight) DC = wxMemoryDC() DC.SelectObject(bitmap) self.page_total = 0 while self.DoDrawing(DC) <> False: self.page_total += 1 return ...

DNS problem using auth. with certificates
Can somebody help me. We have change solution for VPN users to logon to Cisco PIX, ver.6.3.5 using certificates and RSA Secure ID with tokens (requests are forwarded to external database from CISCO ACS ver. 4.1). All is running ok, connection and the rest, but when I check network configuration I can't see that I have DNS and WINS settings from CISCO VPN client. Same config is used but with group auth. instead certificates, also plus RSA SECURE ID, and that works great. I have latest CISCO VPN client and also try with several different but behavior's is the same. I'll appreciate so...

Say, did anyone notice?
Vista apparently shipped last night. The response was muted, to say the least: http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2007/01/windows-vista-launch-san-francisco.html -jcr In article <2007013010131450073-jcrnospam@nospammaccom>, John C. Randolph <jcr.nospam@nospam.mac.com> wrote: > Vista apparently shipped last night. What's Vista? :) -- Sandman[.net] On 2007-01-30 10:28:47 -0800, Sandman <mr@sandman.net> said: > In article <2007013010131450073-jcrnospam@nospammaccom>, > John C. Randolph <jcr.nospam@nospam.mac.com> wrote: > >...

tip: Using Environment Variables
http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Using_Environment_Variables Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov On 6 Feb, 22:01, r...@CDC.GOV ("Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)") wrote: > http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Using_Environment_Variables > > Ron Fehd =A0the macro maven =A0CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov Hi Ron a great topic, and one you know I'm very interested in a small question on "Review list of Evars " " " "PROC Options define value option =3D set;" "run;" will this list the environment...

anyone in the USA
I stumbled over a box of thermal paper, still boxed, unused, maybe a little stale but VERY usable (Not gonna tell you when these were ordered, but I do have a 24 year old receipt) Originally 2 rolls fax paper, But a single cut with a hand held hacksaw and ta-da 2 rolls of 2040 thermal printer paper per roll of this stuff. basicly I'll send them for the postage costs should anyone want them. I have 4 boxes of 2 rolls which equates to 4 rolls of timex printer paper (unless you want them for the full size then that only 2 rolls of thermal fax paper) Let me know if interested. back th...

Problem using a table with Dynamic variables
Do I have to use "With" or something like that to access the "k" iteration variable for the Table of Locators? GraphicsGrid[ { { "Z-coordinate", "Radius" }, { Slider[Dynamic[h], {-2, 2, 0.25}, Appearance -> "Labeled"], Slider[Dynamic[r], {0, 1, 0.25}, Appearance -> "Labeled"] }, { Graphics[ Table[Locator[Dynamic[\[ScriptCapitalP][[j]]]], {j, 1, 4}], PlotRange -> 5, Frame -> True, Axes -> True ], Dynamic[ Graphics3D[ { Sphere[{\[Scr...

How to use Barcodes in Filemaker 7
Hello, I'm using Filemaker 7. How can I use barcodes. Isn't ther a simple font that I can use, so that when im typing in one field with font Arial, I can directly see the barcode in a copy of this field but with barcode as a font. Thank you, Marc There are lots of gotchas, but you can perform a google search for "free barcode 39 font" and probably come up with a dozen results. Mr. X wrote: > I'm using Filemaker 7. How can I use barcodes. Isn't ther a simple font that > I can use, so that when im typing in one field with font Arial, I can > dire...

Anyone with a T22?
My husband recently purchased a T22 on ebay. The machine is in like new condition, but I have one problem... It was running win98se, so I purchased a win2k disk and installed it onto the laptop. Now I need the Thinkpad T22 drivers. I've downloaded and tried to install from IBM's site, but I've had no luck getting the video drivers to properly install. Anyone out there have an IBM T22 disk with the win2k drivers that I could borrow? Or anyone willing to make a copy of their disk and send it to me? I'd certainly appreciate it. Thank you, Brigitte Brigitte wrote: > My...

Using MATLAB Global Variables in ASP.NET(C#)
Could I use global variables as properties in ASP.NET(C#)? ...

Anyone at University of Waterloo ?
I'm an italian CS student, and I was looking for the following paper: Lewis Denver Baxter The Complexity of Unification (Supervisor: T. Pietrzykowski) The only places where I've found it are acm.org (but the links to purchase a copy go nowhere) and University of Waterloo Library: http://trellis1.tug-libraries.on.ca/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=1&ti=1,1&Search%5FArg=unification%20and%20complexity&SL=None&CNT=25&Search%5FCode=CMD%2A&PID=13251&SEQ=20061217030349&SID=1 I'm only intersted in an algorithm that the author uses to prove that the Subsumption ...

Anyone want a Rescue on Fractalus cassette?
I recently purchased some software from a guy who threw this in as a bonus. While much appreciated, I unfortunately do not have a tape drive for my 8- bits. So, if anyone wants it, give me a yell. I have no way of knowing for sure that it works, but it's in excellent condition in its original hard case with instruction manual. -- Slor Despite all prevention efforts, Slor <slor@comcast.net> wrote in news:Xns9560AB2E4ACA7emuslor@130.133.1.4: > I recently purchased some software from a guy who threw this in as a > bonus. While much appreciated, I unfortunat...

PXI-8260 using an external clock and trigger.
I am having some issues getting a PXI-8260 to use an external clock.&nbsp; Using an example program in LabView 8.5 I am trying to trigger an alnalog signal capture using an 'APFI' input for the trigger an a 'PFI' input for the clock.&nbsp; Although the trigger seems to be working fine, I can not get the external clock to work correctly.&nbsp; Connected to the PFI is the 'B' channel from an encoder.&nbsp; When I am looking at the PFI channel in MAX I am able to see the counts increment consistantly, but as an external clock input the data is not as consis...

need help to install existing disk onto new 10.20 LVM
I've got an HP 740 with hp/ux 10.20 system running LVM. I have an external scsi hd that used to be on a different HP 10.20 LVM system that has data on it I need. I would like to add it without losing the data. SAM sees this disk as "unused". I am not a sysadmin and know just enough to be dangerous (obviously, or I wouldn't be in this spot.) I would really appreciate a little guidance here. I'm afraid that I will wipe out the data if I take a wrong step. I don't have any other system to use to extract this data. The running HP system is a fresh install and ...

Does anyone have C library implementations?
Send me, if you have implementations for stdio.h, pls... maths_fan@mail.ru (maths_fan) wrote: >Send me, if you have implementations for stdio.h, pls... Google is your friend. And what is your C question? Please read the c.l.c welcome-message http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html and the c.l.c-faq http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html before posting here. Thank you. -- Irrwahn (irrwahn33@freenet.de) On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:13:09 -0700, maths_fan wrote: > Send me, if you have implementations for stdio.h, pls... http://www.gnu.org/directory/...

how to call perl script from html using python
Hi, I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python. How can i do this.......?? Please help me Thank you Pervez On 14/08/12 15:12, mullapervez@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python. > > How can i do this.......?? > > Please help me > > Thank you > Pervez > Google you question. Many solutions already exist on the Internet. -- Cheers Simon Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides ...

Has anyone...
got php and asp.net to run under IIS. If so, have you gotten php, asp.net and sharepoint to run under IIS? On 17 jul, 17:52, The Hajj <hajji.hims...@gmail.com> wrote: > got php and asp.net to run under IIS. If so, have you gotten php, > asp.net and sharepoint to run under IIS? it's a kind of poll? On Jul 17, 9:15=A0pm, Claudio Corlatti <corla...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 17 jul, 17:52, The Hajj <hajji.hims...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > got php and asp.net to run under IIS. If so, have you gotten php, > > asp.net and sharepoint to run under IIS? > &...

Sorting div contents using javascript

Easy to use distributed system?
I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to distribute processes across multiple systems? So, if I have a function 'foo', I'd like to be able to call something along the lines of distribute(foo(x)) And have the system figure out which node is available for process, and then have the results returned in some sort of callback fashion. Any insight is greatly appreciated. -- Jim http://www.runfatboy.net - Exercise for the rest of us. Jim Jones wrote: > I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to distribute > processes acros...

Using SELECT inside a COPY transaction with PHP
I tried posting this to PHP-DB list, but no answers since yesterday. I'm thinking it is not possible, but just trying to confirm. I am using pg_exec($dbh, "COPY sometable FROM stdin USING DELIMITERS"). Once this the connectino is made and this line has been issued, my script begins analyzing each line of the CSV file and needs to do a SELECT statement using some of the fields in the line to find other related data before calling pg_end_copy($dbh), which syncs the data. Can another pg_exec call be made for a SELECT statement before the COPY is over? My script seems to hang...

Anyone help with emulating Java URLConnection?
Hi, I have to emulate a "file upload" to a Java Servlet which is done with the class URLConnection. The java source basically does URLConnection conn = theurl.openConnection("https://somesite"); w = conn.getOutputStream(); w.write(...) A thing I'm unclear of is if this connection is actually encrypted over SSL. The other thing is if this just sends the bytes or also any HTTP headers I can think of three possible solutions: Use fopen: - I would have to recompile PHP for that and also it says: "failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable...

anyone has basic site??
hey, does anyone has a basic ruby on rails site with a db like a blog or eshop, so i can learn how this really works i m used to program php, a lot of difference, all the path stuff is an other system thanks in advance On Sep 24, 2005, at 8:51 AM, Nick wrote: > hey, > > does anyone has a basic ruby on rails site with a db like a blog or > eshop, > so i can learn how this really works You could try looking at a Rails tutorial, like: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rails.html There was a site created for last weeks Ruby Quiz: http://www.rubyquiz.com/qui...