copy a program from hard drive to usb hard drive

i want to copy a program that is already installed on my computer to a
external usb hard drive to copy to another computer, can anyone help?
is there a way or program to do this? thankyou

==============
w_kirkhope
8/23/2004 1:10:02 PM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8701 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Copy drive partition to USB hard drive
I split my primary C: drive into 2 partitions. How can I copy my partition with my XP Pro on it to a external USB har drive? Is special software needed -- daveiosys daveiosys <daveiosys.2698c92@computerbanter.com> wrote: > I split my primary C: drive into 2 partitions. > How can I copy my partition with my XP Pro on it to a external USB hard drive? Do you want to just copy it, or do you want to be able to boot it there ? > Is special software needed? Depends on what you call special. Any imager can do the first. Nothing can do the second. daveios...

External Hard Drive (USB) recognizes hardware but not drives
I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is NTFS, and has two partitions). How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data? Thanks <aribloch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164540238.912622.152430@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > I pulled a IBM T...

are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives
i can hunt this down on websites but prefer to ask those who consistently provide good answers are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives for booting and running OS X (probably SL) from? what is the comparison of storage and usage life for flash vs. hard drives? Thanks, R.B. In article <4cfe5c52$0$23757$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, rarebit <rarebit@wr.org> wrote: > are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives for booting and running > OS X (probably SL) from? definitely not > what is the comparison of storage and usage life for flas...

new hard drive + old hard drive
I think I need you guys help here. My old custom-built computer's hard drive is running out of space and it's messed up and registry doesn't look good. I was given used 20GB and try to install as local(bootable) hard drive(C:) and want to use old hard drive(13GB) as back-up storage(F:) I have XP installed now and have a CD for XP and want to clean install on new 20GB. I know to how to hook up and set up master and slave and configure bios etc and install XP with clean installation. What I want to find out is I want to use the program in old hard drive. As far as I know,I...

how hard to replace titanium internal hard drive? How to clone old hard drive onto it?
Hi all - I have a 2001 titanium laptop with a 20 Gig hard drive. The thing is getting too full and I'm toying with the idea of getting a bigger one and replacing it. Questions: 1) how hard is it to do myself? Is it easy to ruin/break something or is it pretty simple to do it right? 2) are there instructions somewhere on-line? 3) are there different brands of drives I can buy? If so, any suggestions for good ones or ones to avoid? and 4) I don't want to re-install the OS, software, preferences, GUI behavior, etc. Is it possible to clone my internal drive onto the new one s...

Using an internal hard drive as an external hard drive
I have 2 internal disks that I have taken out from a PC that has failed me after 6 years of use. I now am using an HP notebook, and I need data from these 2 disks that I wanted to copy to my laptop ... or possibly use these 2 disks as some sort of temporary storage. In my previous work, we had some kind of caddy / container for hard disks, you place the hard disk inside, and it has some minimal wirings to allow you to plug-in power to the hard disk, and some cable to attach for the data ( like the flat ribbon inside the PC ). However, I do not know what this is called and therefore don't...

Underside hard drive coolers bad for hard drives
Now....I just remembered something. A while ago, I had a problem with my WD hard drive. I sent in for RMA. No problem with that. Now, I have to also send in my Seagate HD as well due to many allocated bad sectors. What seems to be the common link between these two drives is that I used a cheap hard drive cooler, the one you fit on the underside of a hard drive. Could it be possible that the cooler is causing vibration issues and this is causing the hard drive to exhibit problems over time? Frustrated wrote: > Now....I just remembered something. A while ago, ...

Hard Drive Dying
The hard drive in my Mac G3 desktop began making unhealthy sounds, as though a bearing is going. Is there a way for me to "clone" or image this hard drive to a new hard drive? Or will I have to install the new hard drive, format, and reinstall the operating system and programs from scratch? For those of you who might think the wiser course would be to scrap the G3 altogether and move up to something newer, I feel a new hard drive would be a worthwhile fix because the rest of the computer is fine. It is mostly used for word processing, web surfing, and email, so in that respect it i...

Mapped Network Drives, USB Hard drives and "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"
Someone might find the following useful... I've got two WinXP Pro PC on a 100base10 LAN and no server. Call them PC1 and PC2. I have "Mapped Network Drives" set up in both directions that have worked well for some time. Today I connected a new USB 2.0 External HD to PC1 and tried to set up a "Mapped Network Drive" on PC2 to allow access. I kept getting the error: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command". I searching for this in the Help and Support System but got no hits. Google found this thread "in another place&q...

A Program That Tells Which Programs Use a USB Hard Drive?
I have several USB hard drives, but I cannot unplug them because theyt are in use by other programs. Is there a program that tells us which programs are using (have locked) a certain USB hard drive? Thanks! PS. Windows XP, 3.4GB CPU, 2GB RAM. On Sun, 03 May 2009 21:27:48 -0400, sherman wrote: >I have several USB hard drives, but I cannot >unplug them because theyt are in use by other programs. >Is there a program that tells us which programs are using (have >locked) a certain USB hard drive? try USBDeview by http://www.nirsoft.net On 4-May-2009, wwwinner ...

Slow hard drive to hard drive transfer for mpeg files
I just hooked up a new Simpletech usb 2.0 drive. I'm having an odd problem. If I try to copy or move, for example, a 2 gigabyte mpeg file from my internal IDE hard drive to the external drive, it takes forever. The progress box showing the copy or move estimates it will take over an hour. However, if I try to copy or move the equivalent size (2 gigabytes) of non-mpeg files--pdf, word, jpeg, etc.--the transfer takes place in less than a minute. I have another computer with usb 2.0 drive that does not have this issue. Anybody have any idea what might be going on? Is there a problem...

Syncing folders
Hi. I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it Is this possible ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it > > I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it > > Is this possible === I use "arRsync" from .......... http://arrsync.sourceforge.net/ ... free and opensource === mikehes@gmail.com wrote: > ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi. > > > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it...

Premade external hard drive or internal hard drive with enclosure?
Hi, My WD mybook external hardrive died, and now i need a new one for my laptop (which has th elaptop firewire conneciton, which isn't the same as the pc firewire connection that most external harddrives come with, thus need to use usb) So I'm thinking of getting the following toshiba 320 gb external ( see link below). However I have also been considering getting a regular internal harddrive and enclosure. would this be better in terms of reliability and speed? How difficult is this to set up? If this is better any recommendations for a 300-500 gb drive and enclosure? T...

8668c hard drive is dead, wont accept any other hard drive
we had a power outage and i lost my WD 30gig, the recovery CD wont even format it, i tool a maxtore 6.4 from working pc and put it in the HP, the bios reads the maxtor but all i see after that is a flashing dot nothing more, nothing less. i took an old fujitsu 8.4 and did the recovery , smae thing happened , that flashing dot again should i use only WD or what is the problem exactly??? one more question, i tried to take that WD off the case to send it for warranty but it sounded like escaping from jail is much easier, the screws r soldered into the sheets and i cant it off, any help with t...

Web resources about - copy a program from hard drive to usb hard drive - comp.pc.hardware.storage

Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Microsoft opens Office Insider program to Mac users
Microsoft has decided to let Mac users participate in its Office Insider program. It gives users running the popular suite on an Apple computer ...

A Google computer program just destroyed a human champion in a game that's even harder than chess
... achievements in artificial intelligence since IBM's Deep Blue computer beat world chess champion Garry Kasparov in 1997, a computer program ...

Samsung may match Apple with its own phone upgrade program
The Galaxy S7 could be the first phone to be offered via the new program, says Korea's Electronic Times.

Joseph Fiennes to play Michael Jackson in UK TV program - CNN.com
Joseph Fiennes has been cast as African-American pop star Michael Jackson in a new half-hour comedy. The news did not go over well with social ...

Samsung to copy iPhone Upgrade Program to stop switchers
Samsung is reportedly planning to launch its own upgrade program to give Galaxy smartphone fans an easy and more affordable route to its latest ...

Disney-ABC Writing Program Names Eight For 2016
Disney-ABC Television Group has named eight scribes for its 27th annual Writing Program which launches on Monday, February 1. On the comedy side ...

WITC-Superior suspends composite technology program
... School officials said low enrollment and lack of local employment opportunities led to suspension of the school's composite technology program. ...

Samsung may launch its own phone upgrade program
If Apple and Samsung were humans rather than multi-billion dollar multinational corporations, the best way to describe them would probably be ...

Conrad Hilton Ordered Into Substance Abuse Treatment Program
Paris Hilton's brother was ordered into a residential substance abuse treatment program after violating his probation.