External Hard Drive (USB) recognizes hardware but not drives - help

I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the
problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a
Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to
an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no
drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is
NTFS, and has two partitions).

How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data?

Thanks

0
aribloch
11/26/2006 11:23:59 AM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8701 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

<aribloch@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the
> problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a
> Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to
> an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no
> drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is
> NTFS, and has two partitions).
>
> How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data?
>
> Thanks

aribloch:
These USB external HDD non-recognition problems in the XP environment have
been a source of continuing irritation (not to say aggravation) to many of
us. For what it's worth we've put together a kind of checklist for
troubleshooting this kind of problem which I've listed below.

But before getting to them you might want to try the following...

I'm assuming your reference to a "XP box" is a desktop PC. Assuming it is...

Why not temporarily install the 2 1/2" HDD in that machine using one of
those mounting kits designed for that purpose? They're cheap enough and are
generally available from a local PC repair shop (although I don't know if
the Office-type stores carry them). Here's one from an online source...
http://www.provantage.com/datastor-104432~7DTTS02L.htm and they're available
from many online vendors.
Assuming you're dealing with a non-defective HDD you should be able to
access its data.

Here's the troubleshooting tips...
1. Access Disk Management and see if the USB device is listed. If so, and
there's no drive letter assigned, see if you can assign a drive letter to
the device.
2. If the USB device is listed in Disk Management with an assigned drive
letter, right-click on its listing and select Explore from the submenu.
Hopefully,  Windows Explorer will open and the device will be listed.
3. Connect the USB device *directly* to a USB port on the computer, not via
a USB hub. Try different USB ports should your computer have multiple ports.
4. Avoid using a USB extension cable.
5. Try connecting a USB device (that does not contain an auxiliary power
supply) to a USB port both before and after the boot operation.
6. Where a USB (or Firewire) external HDD is involved, access Device
Manager, highlight the Disk drives listing and click on the Action menu item
and then the "Scan for hardware changes" sub-menu item. Do the same in Disk
Management > Action > Rescan disks.
7. Try alternate powering on/off methods. If the USB device contains its own
power supply, try booting up with its power on, then try powering on only
*after* the system has booted to a Desktop.
8. Try a different USB cable.
9. In the USB controllers section of Device Manager, uninstall all the USB
controllers listed and reboot.
10. If the device in question is a HDD which you installed in a USB
enclosure, jumper the USB external HDD as Master (or Single if the HDD is a
Western Digital disk). A number of users have reported that jumper
configuration corrected their non-recognition problem. In my own experience
it didn't seem to matter how a USB external HDD was jumpered. But it may be
worth a try.
11. If the device in question is a USB external HDD, first check out the HDD
with the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility. If it checks out OK,
and you can remove the HDD from its enclosure (without voiding  any
applicable warranty), do so and install the HDD as an internal HDD to
determine if there are problems with the drive.
12. If the USB device is connected to a USB 2.0 PCI card, try changing the
PCI slot to which it's currently connected to another one.
13. Access the website of the manufacturer of the USB device to determine if
there's any firmware update or info re the problem you're experiencing or
there's any possibility that the USB enclosure itself might be defective.
14. Determine from the manufacturer of your motherboard whether there's a
BIOS upgrade affecting USB device recognition.

P.S.
A number of posters have reported they've found useful information re
troubleshooting USB devices on this site...
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbtrouble_e.html

Anna

0
Anna
11/26/2006 3:23:51 PM
Thanks Anna very much. I think I jumped too soon to say that the "disk
is OK". Yes the error code on the defunked laptop did clearly indicate
a BIOS problem, but maybe I was too quick to judge.

Facts:
- In the Device Manager, it does appear as a IBM-DJSA-220 (and says
working OK)
- It does NOT appear in the Disk Management window (of Computer
Management console)

BUT.....

I downloaded and installed a tool called PTDD Partition Table Doctor.
Immediately on running the program, it said that it "cannot read MBR on
HDD 2". On selecting HDD 2 (the No. 1 is the disk in my laptop), it
displays it as a "Bad Disk" and says that there is an error on the
partition table. When trying to rebuild it, it does not succeed. Also,
when running a surface check it fails like a gazillion times.

So, now I am very confused. Because Windows says the device (physical
disk) is "working fine" and indeed it was not a disk error that crashed
the laptop it came from. Still, there is the above data from the PTDD
program.

Very confused.....

Comments?

Thanks

Anna wrote:
> [...]
> and you can remove the HDD from its enclosure (without voiding  any
> applicable warranty), do so and install the HDD as an internal HDD to
> determine if there are problems with the drive.
> 12. If the USB device is connected to a USB 2.0 PCI card, try changing the
> PCI slot to which it's currently connected to another one.
> 13. Access the website of the manufacturer of the USB device to determine if
> there's any firmware update or info re the problem you're experiencing or
> there's any possibility that the USB enclosure itself might be defective.
> 14. Determine from the manufacturer of your motherboard whether there's a
> BIOS upgrade affecting USB device recognition.
>
> P.S.
> A number of posters have reported they've found useful information re
> troubleshooting USB devices on this site...

0
aribloch
11/26/2006 5:09:47 PM

> Thanks Anna very much. I think I jumped too soon to say that the "disk
> is OK". Yes the error code on the defunked laptop did clearly indicate
> a BIOS problem, but maybe I was too quick to judge.
>
> Facts:
> - In the Device Manager, it does appear as a IBM-DJSA-220 (and says
> working OK)
> - It does NOT appear in the Disk Management window (of Computer
> Management console)
>
> BUT.....
>
> I downloaded and installed a tool called PTDD Partition Table Doctor.
> Immediately on running the program, it said that it "cannot read MBR on
> HDD 2". On selecting HDD 2 (the No. 1 is the disk in my laptop), it
> displays it as a "Bad Disk" and says that there is an error on the
> partition table. When trying to rebuild it, it does not succeed. Also,
> when running a surface check it fails like a gazillion times.
>
> So, now I am very confused. Because Windows says the device (physical
> disk) is "working fine" and indeed it was not a disk error that crashed
> the laptop it came from. Still, there is the above data from the PTDD
> program.
>
> Very confused.....
>
> Comments?
>
> Thanks

I suppose it would be best at this point if you would download the Hitachi
Drive Fitness Test - see http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm
and check out the disk.
Anna

0
Anna
11/26/2006 7:02:18 PM
aribloch@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Anna very much. I think I jumped too soon to say that the "disk
> is OK". Yes the error code on the defunked laptop did clearly indicate
> a BIOS problem, but maybe I was too quick to judge.
>
> Facts:
> - In the Device Manager, it does appear as a IBM-DJSA-220 (and says
> working OK)
> - It does NOT appear in the Disk Management window (of Computer
> Management console)
>
> BUT.....
>
> I downloaded and installed a tool called PTDD Partition Table Doctor.
> Immediately on running the program, it said that it "cannot read MBR
> on HDD 2". On selecting HDD 2 (the No. 1 is the disk in my laptop), it
> displays it as a "Bad Disk" and says that there is an error on the
> partition table. When trying to rebuild it, it does not succeed. Also,
> when running a surface check it fails like a gazillion times.

> So, now I am very confused. Because Windows
> says the device (physical disk) is "working fine"

Thats a rather misleading status, all its saying is that there
are no resource conflicts, not that the drive itself is fine.

> and indeed it was not a disk error that crashed the laptop it came
> from. Still, there is the above data from the PTDD program.

I'd put the drive inside a normal desktop system, using an adapter
and run Hitachi/IBM's Drive Fitness Test on the drive to get a clear
idea about the health of the drive, without any complicating extras
involved like the USB/ATA bridge in the external housing etc.

> [...]
>> (without voiding  any applicable warranty), do so and install the
>> HDD as an internal HDD to determine if there are problems with the
>> drive.
>> 12. If the USB device is connected to a USB 2.0 PCI card, try
>> changing the PCI slot to which it's currently connected to another
>> one.
>> 13. Access the website of the manufacturer of the USB device to
>> determine if there's any firmware update or info re the problem
>> you're experiencing or there's any possibility that the USB
>> enclosure itself might be defective.
>> 14. Determine from the manufacturer of your motherboard whether
>> there's a BIOS upgrade affecting USB device recognition.
>>
>> P.S.
>> A number of posters have reported they've found useful information re
>> troubleshooting USB devices on this site...

0
Rod
11/26/2006 7:34:36 PM
Yes I looked at that utility. But since it runs under DOS, and my disk
is in an external USB case, I don't think it will work - will it?

Anna wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > I downloaded and installed a tool called PTDD Partition Table Doctor.
> > Immediately on running the program, it said that it "cannot read MBR on
> > HDD 2". On selecting HDD 2 (the No. 1 is the disk in my laptop), it
> > displays it as a "Bad Disk" and says that there is an error on the
> > partition table. When trying to rebuild it, it does not succeed. Also,
> > when running a surface check it fails like a gazillion times.
> >
> > So, now I am very confused. Because Windows says the device (physical
> > disk) is "working fine" and indeed it was not a disk error that crashed
> > the laptop it came from. Still, there is the above data from the PTDD
> > program.
> >
> > Very confused.....
> >
> > Comments?
> >
> > Thanks
>

> I suppose it would be best at this point if you would download the Hitachi

0
aribloch
11/26/2006 7:42:44 PM
Previously aribloch@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks Anna very much. I think I jumped too soon to say that the "disk
> is OK". Yes the error code on the defunked laptop did clearly indicate
> a BIOS problem, but maybe I was too quick to judge.

> Facts:
> - In the Device Manager, it does appear as a IBM-DJSA-220 (and says
> working OK)
> - It does NOT appear in the Disk Management window (of Computer
> Management console)

> BUT.....

> I downloaded and installed a tool called PTDD Partition Table Doctor.
> Immediately on running the program, it said that it "cannot read MBR on
> HDD 2". On selecting HDD 2 (the No. 1 is the disk in my laptop), it
> displays it as a "Bad Disk" and says that there is an error on the
> partition table. When trying to rebuild it, it does not succeed. Also,
> when running a surface check it fails like a gazillion times.

> So, now I am very confused. Because Windows says the device (physical
> disk) is "working fine" and indeed it was not a disk error that crashed
> the laptop it came from. Still, there is the above data from the PTDD
> program.

> Very confused.....

> Comments?

Windows has very low standards for claiming it "works fine".

Get the SMART attributes and post them here.

Arno
0
Arno
11/26/2006 7:58:10 PM
Previously aribloch@gmail.com wrote:

> Yes I looked at that utility. But since it runs under DOS, and my disk
> is in an external USB case, I don't think it will work - will it?

Ah, no. It will not work. You have to connect it directly to an IDE
interface for any furter analysis. This also helps rule out the
case were the electonics of the encolosure is bad or incompatible
with the disk (unlikely but possible).

Arno

> Anna wrote:

>> <aribloch@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Anna very much. I think I jumped too soon to say that the "disk
>> > is OK". Yes the error code on the defunked laptop did clearly indicate
>> > a BIOS problem, but maybe I was too quick to judge.
>> >
>> > Facts:
>> > - In the Device Manager, it does appear as a IBM-DJSA-220 (and says
>> > working OK)
>> > - It does NOT appear in the Disk Management window (of Computer
>> > Management console)
>> >
>> > BUT.....
>> >
>> > I downloaded and installed a tool called PTDD Partition Table Doctor.
>> > Immediately on running the program, it said that it "cannot read MBR on
>> > HDD 2". On selecting HDD 2 (the No. 1 is the disk in my laptop), it
>> > displays it as a "Bad Disk" and says that there is an error on the
>> > partition table. When trying to rebuild it, it does not succeed. Also,
>> > when running a surface check it fails like a gazillion times.
>> >
>> > So, now I am very confused. Because Windows says the device (physical
>> > disk) is "working fine" and indeed it was not a disk error that crashed
>> > the laptop it came from. Still, there is the above data from the PTDD
>> > program.
>> >
>> > Very confused.....
>> >
>> > Comments?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>

>> I suppose it would be best at this point if you would download the Hitachi
>> Drive Fitness Test - see http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm
>> and check out the disk.
>> Anna

0
Arno
11/26/2006 7:59:39 PM
Don't know. Why not simply give it a try? Not much to lose huh?
And if there's some way you can create a bootable CD from the .iso image,
that would be a possible option, no?
Anna

> Yes I looked at that utility. But since it runs under DOS, and my disk
> is in an external USB case, I don't think it will work - will it?
>

> Anna wrote:

>> <aribloch@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Anna very much. I think I jumped too soon to say that the "disk
>> > is OK". Yes the error code on the defunked laptop did clearly indicate
>> > a BIOS problem, but maybe I was too quick to judge.
>> >
>> > Facts:
>> > - In the Device Manager, it does appear as a IBM-DJSA-220 (and says
>> > working OK)
>> > - It does NOT appear in the Disk Management window (of Computer
>> > Management console)
>> >
>> > BUT.....
>> >
>> > I downloaded and installed a tool called PTDD Partition Table Doctor.
>> > Immediately on running the program, it said that it "cannot read MBR on
>> > HDD 2". On selecting HDD 2 (the No. 1 is the disk in my laptop), it
>> > displays it as a "Bad Disk" and says that there is an error on the
>> > partition table. When trying to rebuild it, it does not succeed. Also,
>> > when running a surface check it fails like a gazillion times.
>> >
>> > So, now I am very confused. Because Windows says the device (physical
>> > disk) is "working fine" and indeed it was not a disk error that crashed
>> > the laptop it came from. Still, there is the above data from the PTDD
>> > program.
>> >
>> > Very confused.....
>> >
>> > Comments?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>

>> I suppose it would be best at this point if you would download the
>> Hitachi
>> Drive Fitness Test - see http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm
>> and check out the disk.
>> Anna

0
Anna
11/26/2006 8:00:06 PM
"Arno Wagner" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:4su9uiFvfdt9U1@mid.individual.net...

>> So, now I am very confused. Because Windows says the device (physical
>> disk) is "working fine" and indeed it was not a disk error that crashed
>> the laptop it came from. Still, there is the above data from the PTDD
>> program.
>
> Windows has very low standards for claiming it "works fine".

No cretin, it does not test USB devices at all.

> Get the SMART attributes and post them here.
>
> Arno

0
Eric

How To Reformat an External USB Drive (Firelite XPress Portable USB Hard Drive, 60 GB)
Apparently this drive comes formatted with the VFAT file system. Does anyone know how I could reformat it with ext3? -- % Randy Yates % "I met someone who looks alot like you, %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % she does the things you do, %%% 919-577-9882 % but she is an IBM." %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % 'Yours Truly, 2095', *Time*, ELO http://www.digitalsignallabs.com On 26 Oct 2007 at 13:03, Randy Yates wrote: > Apparently this drive comes formatted with the VFAT file system. Does &g...

are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives
i can hunt this down on websites but prefer to ask those who consistently provide good answers are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives for booting and running OS X (probably SL) from? what is the comparison of storage and usage life for flash vs. hard drives? Thanks, R.B. In article <4cfe5c52$0$23757$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, rarebit <rarebit@wr.org> wrote: > are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives for booting and running > OS X (probably SL) from? definitely not > what is the comparison of storage and usage life for flas...

Using an internal hard drive as an external hard drive
I have 2 internal disks that I have taken out from a PC that has failed me after 6 years of use. I now am using an HP notebook, and I need data from these 2 disks that I wanted to copy to my laptop ... or possibly use these 2 disks as some sort of temporary storage. In my previous work, we had some kind of caddy / container for hard disks, you place the hard disk inside, and it has some minimal wirings to allow you to plug-in power to the hard disk, and some cable to attach for the data ( like the flat ribbon inside the PC ). However, I do not know what this is called and therefore don't...

copy a program from hard drive to usb hard drive
i want to copy a program that is already installed on my computer to a external usb hard drive to copy to another computer, can anyone help? is there a way or program to do this? thankyou ============== Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups. ...

Classic MPE Hardware to PC Hard Drive Question
I have a couple of old Classic MPE V/E boxes which I fire up periodically. Everything runs at present, but the hard drive bearings are starting to sing and warn me of their impending failure. If you remember, the old Classic boxes use HPIB (GPIB, IEEE-488) as the interface for hard drives. As HPIB hard drives are getting pretty rare, I'm wondering if anyone has been successful in putting a GPIB-to-PCI interface card in a Windows PC, writing code for the PC to make its GPIB interface look to the Classic 3000 like a 7937, and then successfully running the Classic 3000 wi...

Backup OS-9 hard drives on PC hardware.
When I was trying to back up my SyQuest EZ135 SCSI hard drive on a PC, I ran in to an interesting problem. I had the PC (parallel) version of the EZ135, and a SCSI version (hooked to my OS-9 machine). When I inserted a non-DOS formatted platter, the PC would not recognize it. The BIOS (or something) wanted the first sector to be PC-ish. So, my solution was to write a quick program in C to back up the first 512 bytes (sector) of the OS-9 disk, and copy the 512-byte sector from a PC disk to the OS-9 disk. This created an OS-9 disk (unusuable) that would be recognized by the PC. From...

External USB hard drive not recognized as valid block device
Hi all, I'm using SuSE on my home machine with pretty much standard settings. Since upgrading to SuSE 9.3 I'm having trouble with getting an external USB HD properly recognized during boot up. The drive should be mounted as /Windows/D according to my etc/fstab listed below. /dev/hda3 / reiserfs acl,user_xattr 1 1 /dev/hda1 /windows/C ntfs ro,users,gid=users,umask=0002,nls=utf8 0 0 /dev/sda1 /windows/D vfat users,gid=users,umask=0002,utf8=true 0 0 /dev/hda2 swap swap pri=42 0 0 devpts /dev/pts devpts ...

Premade external hard drive or internal hard drive with enclosure?
Hi, My WD mybook external hardrive died, and now i need a new one for my laptop (which has th elaptop firewire conneciton, which isn't the same as the pc firewire connection that most external harddrives come with, thus need to use usb) So I'm thinking of getting the following toshiba 320 gb external ( see link below). However I have also been considering getting a regular internal harddrive and enclosure. would this be better in terms of reliability and speed? How difficult is this to set up? If this is better any recommendations for a 300-500 gb drive and enclosure? T...

Re: Classic MPE Hardware to PC Hard Drive Question
remember a hpib small drive was just a regular drive sometimes with a hpib interface board hooked to it... was so with workstations and I assume the small 3000 drives same? My 3000 drive times were with the washing machine sized oldies (7925 etc. Thanks, Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/) We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref. library - please advise if you have anything we can use. Coury House / SMECC 5802 W. Palmaire Ave. Phone 623-435-1522 Glendale Az 85301...

Creating a hard drive image
Hi, I have never seen this sort of hardware setup before (setup sun and ia servers before, worked with old hardware before, but never saw this setup). What this site has is a rack of boards, that sort of look like old mainframe multiplexer controller boards ... but htis one rack has a SPARC board that connects to a box above it, which holds an enclosed hard drive, about 20 gb. It reportedly (couldnt connect to it one day to run commands to see exactly what it has hardware and software wise) is running 5.7 SunOS under a WinXP OS. It reportedly has five 4gb partitions, one or more of which m...

Mapped Network Drives, USB Hard drives and "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"
Someone might find the following useful... I've got two WinXP Pro PC on a 100base10 LAN and no server. Call them PC1 and PC2. I have "Mapped Network Drives" set up in both directions that have worked well for some time. Today I connected a new USB 2.0 External HD to PC1 and tried to set up a "Mapped Network Drive" on PC2 to allow access. I kept getting the error: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command". I searching for this in the Help and Support System but got no hits. Google found this thread "in another place&q...

Maxtor external drive: drive not recognized
FYI If you would like to replace the drive inside an external Maxtor enclosure (e.g. 5000LE etc), be careful in aligning the internal EIDE connector. It's easy to be 1 pin off and then the drive will not be recognized by your computer. I replaced succesfully a 80Gb drive with another 120Gb Maxtor drive. Opening the case voids warranty. Regards, DD. ...

Toshiba 3500 Tablet, Redhat 9 and external USB drives (CDROM & Maxtor Toshiba 3500 Tablet, Redhat 9 and external USB drives (CDROM & MaxtorOne-Touch harddrive)
I'm running Redhat 9 linux on my Toshiba 3500 tablet. Besides the fact that the IR , MM/SD, and the digitizer/pen aren't working, now the laptop will drop the usb connection after a couple minutes of reading files from it. Attempting to remount the partitition (after a umount) results in an invalid device error. The error is repeated whether I use kernel 2.4.20-8, 2.4.20-27.9, 2.4.20-28.9, or a custom kernel. Any suggestions? dmesg excerpts follow. Lin...

external USB hard drive on Simtec USB podule?
Greetings! I have a need to back up the hard drives of several computers, both PC and RISC OS. It occurs to me that I could do this on a PC using an external USB device containing a hard drive. But has anyone tried this on a RISC PC using the Simtec USB podule? Grateful for any experience - good or bad - which fellow RISC OS users may be able to share! Steve In article <4d2b4180e9stevegreen@clara.net>, Steven J Green <stevegreen@clara.net> wrote: > Greetings! > I have a need to back up the hard drives of several computers, both > PC and RISC OS. > It occurs...

How to back up a Thinkpad hard drive to external drive?
My Thinkpad arrived, and the 40 Gb drive has only 30 Gb useable, the rest apparently being devoted to a hidden partition used for system recovery. Is there any site out there which explains just how this partition is laid out, and how one would go about backing up the entire drive? Or, do you have to back up the hidden partition separately from the one labeled "IBM_PRELOAD (C:)"? Apparently there is 10 GB of reserved space on the drive. I was wondering how others handle their backups. I now use a large external firewire drive to back up all the other machines to separate partit...

Web resources about - External Hard Drive (USB) recognizes hardware but not drives - help - comp.pc.hardware.storage

List of federally recognized tribes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States , the Indian tribe is a fundamental unit, and the constitution grants Congress the right to interact with tribes. More specifically, ...

FanTree Allows Athletes, Celebrities To Sell Gear Via Flash Sales, Recognize Top Fans Via Facebook
U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team and Sunderland Forward Jozy Altidore, Denver Nuggets Power Forward Kenneth Faried, and San Francisco 49ers Running ...

NBC News - You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio... - Facebook
You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting ...

Better Recognize! (@NigelBigMeech) on Twitter

iMoodJournal — mood journal, personal diary and charting tool helping you recognize patterns and triggers ...
Get iMoodJournal — mood journal, personal diary and charting tool helping you recognize patterns and triggers of your mental state, including ...

#TomRobbins: recognize any of his books @SPMOH today's @Wordsmitten Workshop FYI @TBOcom - Flickr - Photo ...
Explore Fifth World Art's photos on Flickr. Fifth World Art has uploaded 21948 photos to Flickr.

What Do Fans Say When They Recognize You on the Street? - YouTube
When celebrities run into their fans, they get everything from “You’re famous . . . who are you again?” to being called the completely wrong ...

The US recognizes the role of the population of Nagorno-Karabakh in deciding their future
The US recognizes the role of the population in Nagorno-Karabakh in deciding their future, Spokesman for the Department of State John Kirby told ...

Saskatoon group meets to recognize Joni Mitchell
A group in Saskatoon is trying to find creative ways to honour famous singer Joni Mitchell.

Kerry: US, intl community won't recognize outcome of Crimea vote on secession from Ukraine - CTV News ...
Washington and the international community won't recognize the outcome of Sunday's referendum in Crimea on seceding from Ukraine, U.S. Secretary ...