Gigabit/USB 2.0 external 500GB drive/storage less than $400? #2

Hi, i am trying to find a network drive that is gigabit capable, that
also (though i am willing to do without) has USB2.0 and is around
500GB. I didn't think this would be so difficult and i can find
something like this but it is only 100Mb/Ethernet for $350+ everything
else seems to start in the $500+ area. Any suggestions would really be
appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko

0
gaikokujinkyofusho
2/22/2006 11:22:54 PM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8701 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Gigabit/USB 2.0 external 500GB drive/storage less than $400?
Hi, i am trying to find a network drive that is gigabit capable, that also (though i am willing to do without) has USB2.0 and is around 500GB. I didn't think this would be so difficult and i can find something like this but it is only 100Mb/Ethernet for $350+ everything else seems to start in the $500+ area. Any suggestions would really be appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

update Oracle from 10.2.0.2.0 to 10.2.0.2.0
Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 bit. Thank you very much. "keekee" <moongeegee@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: f3b21ed0-12fd-4812-b9da-60cf59d508b9@i9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... | Where can I get the software for 10g 10.2.0.2.0. for Windows XP 32 | bit. | Thank you very much. On Metalink (My Oracle Support). https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html Regards Michel ...

Maxtor External USB 2.0 Drive 3000LE & Large Drives
I also have the USB2 Maxtor 3000LE external. My Windows XP machine can handle 300 gig drives... but when I try to put 1 in the 3000LE case... it only sees 137gig. Did you have to do anything special to get yours to work? Where did you see that chipset... and part #? I don't see anything that says "Cypress" on the board inside mine. Thanks. Original msg..... Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:43:15 -0500 Organization: MindSpring Enterprises Lines: 47 Message-ID: <912f5vssad7q158b98h0l7a64vll2ki58r@4ax.com> NNTP-Posting-Host: 42.a7.27.2f Mime-Version: 1...

Sony 512 MB Micro Vault Flash USB 2.0 Drive Pen Thumb Drive #2
Hi, I can offer Brand new sealed Sony 512 MB Micro Vault Flash USB 2.0 Drive Pen Thumb Drive for only $105+shipping. Contact me at amitc880 @ ya hoo.com ...

Apacer USB 2.0 Handy drive #2
Hello Ive recently been playing with my Apacer handy drive, and upon trying to mount mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt i always get a 'synchronize cache failed' error. Ive seen this problem mentioned a few times in my searching for a solution, but never is a solution posted. any ideas? thanks, stan. ...

Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?
Hello, is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0, but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1 MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB. Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ? Regards, Martin "Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in news:c26q04$kkf$04$1@news.t-online.com: > Hello, > > is there a chip, in functional...

[ANN] locale-2.0.2, locale_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-Locale(locale-2.0.2) and Ruby-Locale for Ruby on Rails(locale_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-Locale is the library to manage/detect various format of locale IDs(language tags), and provide ISO 639-3, ISO-3166 data. * locale - Manage Locale IDs, Auto-detect locales. ISO-639-3, 3166 data. * locale_rails - Rails support with locale Changes ------- == locale-2.0.2 * Add Locale.set_app_language_tags to restrict the target locales whole the application. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * locale/driver/cgi.rb: Add Locale.set_request. * sample/rack: Add a sample for rack....

usb 2.0 external drive
Hi, As some of you may remember, I'm quite new in the sco unix world. I'm trying to make a usb 2.0 external hard disk work with os5.0.7 for backup purposes. The problem is that I'm getting usb 1.1 performance (less than 1Mbps). I know the drive support usb 2, as I tested it with another os. Using the hw command, I see the three usb_uhci drivers up. Can you give me some pointers as how to orient this troubleshooting? Thanks in advance, -- chabral chabral wrote: > As some of you may remember, I'm quite new in the sco unix world. > I'm tryin...

external 2.5" USB 2.0 enclosure
Hi group, I have seen an a powerless USB 2.0 enclosure at a local computer store that uses two USB ports on the PC and does not require an external power source. But I don't remember the brand. Can someone recommend a brand/model? Does anyone know if all the powerless USB 2.0 enclosures require two USB ports? /sn I have a USB powered enclosure (that also takes a 6v adaptor if for whatever reason the USB port is not supplying enough juice) that requires only one USB port to power itself. I have a 20GB drive housed in it and have had no problems at all over the last 5 months. I b...

USB 2.0
Hi all: In order to connect to an external 2.5 harddisk with USB, I have tried three different USB 2.0 PCMCIA (Cardbus) cards (Belkin, Dynex and Zonet) on my Compaq Presario 2197 (AMD Athlon XP 2800). The cards can all be recognized, but only on the Zonet card the hard drive is recognized. Even so, the speed is very slow. Transfering a file of 1GB will take about 25-27 minutes. I have also tried an Acomdata external harddrive, which works great with an IBM laptop, and see the same thing. BTW, the time for transfering a 1GB file on the IBM is about 6-7 minutes. It is not as quick as ...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repe...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

USB 2.0 external hard drives
Are all USB 2.0 connected external hard drives that much slower than a similar Firewire 400 connected drive? It seems that based on what my friend's setup did. Recently I was helping a friend with a MBPro and he'd bought a USB 2.0 external hard drive. We copied his boot volume off his internal hard disk in the laptop. The cloned OSX on the external USB 2.0 drive booted, but noticeably VERY slowly compared to the internal drive in the MBPro. All this was 10.4.8. I just wanted to know if this was true in general for all USB 2.0 external hard drives. I had read USB 2.0 in Mac OS...

Web resources about - Gigabit/USB 2.0 external 500GB drive/storage less than $400? #2 - comp.pc.hardware.storage

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

Vatican orders external audit of assets - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE Vatican has ordered the first external audit of its assets as part of a drive by Pope Francis to bring transparency to its finances where ...

Vatican orders external audit of assets
The Vatican has ordered the first external audit of its assets as part of a drive by Pope Francis to bring transparency to its finances, where ...

Vatican orders external audit of assets
THE Vatican has ordered the first external audit of its assets as part of a drive by Pope Francis to bring transparency to its finances where ...

Sad decline of West Indies cricket can't be arrested without external help
The great West Indian cricket dynasty of the mid-1970s to the mid-1990s produced some of the finest cricketers of the 20th century.

9to5Toys Lunch Break: WD 2TB External HDD $69, BRAVEN Bluetooth Speaker $75, Amazon Prime $73 this weekend ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 External ...

ASUS Booth Tour at CES 2016: 10G Switches, External GPU Dock, USB-C Monitor and more
When ASUS emailed a couple of weeks before CES announcing that they had cancelled their press event for the show, we had a few question marks. ...

Review: Mophie Juice Pack Reserve for iPhone 6/6s & Power Reserve 1X external battery
Battery maker Mophie's latest portable charging accessories are compact, convenient and durable, making them an easy recommendation for anyone ...

CleanMyDrive 2 for Mac makes cleaning external drives as easy as one click
... OS X 10.10 or later. It’s a free tool designed to help users monitor their hard drives and quickly clean unspecified junk files from external ...

Amazon Black Friday sale: Big discounts available now on 4 external hard drives
... here's a perfect example: from now all the way through December 5th, Amazon is offering discounts of up to 43% on four different Seagate external ...