ibm

I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile.  http://www.matthewtibbals.com
0
matthewtibbals
4/16/2010 8:19:51 AM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8701 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Was the IBM PC Open Hardware?
On Friday 22 April 2005 20:06 DFS wrote: > And lest you forget, the PC software and hardware industry has > thrived under Windows as no other industry ever has in history. In another thread, DFS actually raises an interesting point imo. My recollection of the IBM PC is a very expensive piece of kit, which had two advantages. 1. It was IBM ("nobody ever got fired for buying IBM") 2. With the IBM name, the concept of the Personal Computer became a serious, business-thing, no longer a toy or hobbyist or niche piece of equipment. However, I have another recollection. Within ...

IBM PC Hardware Moderator Needed
Hello Please don't be mad at me if I should not be asking this here... If you have any knowlege about IBM PCs, such as general hardware and trouble shooting, and you like to help people... I need 2 or 3 IBM PC Moderators for my Forum. Please stop by and sign up <- If nothing else stop by and say HI! so I know some did Read this? Thak you SUE http://XenoGlossy.Com ...

IBM PC Hardware Moderator Needed?
Hello Please don't be mad at me if I should not be asking this here... If you have any knowlege about IBM PCs, such as general hardware and trouble shooting, and you like to help people... I need 2 or 3 IBM PC Moderators for my Forum. Please stop by and sign up <- If nothing else stop by and say HI! so I know someone did Read this? Thak you SUE http://XenoGlossy.Com "Keith R. Williams" <krw@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:MPG.19826e22c127b46f98a536@enews.newsguy.com... > > I'm not *so* negative on private messaging systems. Dea...

Auction: 640K RAM CARD Memory expansion for IBM PC , IBM PC/XT
>http://cgi.ebay.com/640K-RAM-CARD-Memory-expansion-for-IBM-PC-IBM-PC-XT_W0QQitemZ8764134178QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-16-06 15:46:57 PST 3 available ...

[OT] IBM exiting the PC hardware business
Interesting article and sign of the times as PC's move to commodity status. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/03/technology/03ibm.html?ex=1259816400&en=c60a66b7afa86173&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland -- Phil McGuinness - Sherlock Software Phil, But who is only just coming to understand this? The NY Times reporter or IBM? The rest of us have known this for a decade now. We got out of hardware supply precisely because there is no margin to be had. Dell and others now offer a 3Ghz P4 PC with 17" LCD monitor for US 680 delivered and with XP Pro. Work that ou...

pc.hardware.storage - backup strategy
So here I am: I chose to use 2 hard drives one master & one to be used to store a "backup" of the primary/master/whatever. (don't mention the war! - meant to say RAID) How do I set up xp + whatever application and/or procedure, to create the best/easiest/current capability to restore, after a hardware failure of the master. you may have seen this asked before, by me. sorry should be raid 1 but i may not have a choice, so was looking for second best. any recommendations for another group? DonLogan <navajo@neonfeather.com> wrote: > So here I am...

WTB: IBM PC Server 320 hardware parts
Does anyone have a set of memory card standoffs for a 8640-MZV MCA server? They support the memory card riser on the bottom of the case. The standoffs are included in the 06H8940 Miscellaneous Parts Kit but I don't need any of the other hardware in the kit. Thanks, Walter ...

Auction: IBM Hardware Maintenance and Service Manuals PC XT
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Hardware-Maintenance-and-Service-Manuals-PC-XT_W0QQitemZ5294049998QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-02-05 12:01:04 PDT Includes 3 manuals in original IBM shelf binders, 5 disks, and 3 loop back test connectors (25 pin serial, 25 pin printer, and BNC Ethernet(I think)). -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

FA: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) / 8 IBM PC Game Games
> Item name: SIX Western Digital 6.4gb Hard Drives > Price: $46.00 > Buy It Now: $46.00 > Bids: -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482211928 > Item name: 8 IBM PC Game Games - (Pirates , Paperboy) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107002333 > Item name: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

IBM 3270 PC(s) [5160 XTs with additional 3270 hardware] on eBay UK
Hello, There is an auction for three IBM PCs "built 1985/6" plus a printer on eBay UK - the one pictured appears to be an example of the unusual type 5271 "3270 Personal Computer", which is essentially a 5160 XT crossed with a 3270 terminal and provides the functions of both. The picture shows a PC set up with both a special type 5272 display and a 122 key keyboard as used on the 3270 PC, though details of numbers and cards in the PCs have not been included. Seller is based in Lapworth in the West Midlands, pick up only. As I understand these aren't too ...

OT: IBM 3270 PC(s) [5160 XTs with additional 3270 hardware] on eBay UK
Hi group, I seem to be making posting too difficult - or should that be "making" time for it?... That said, creating Time itself is an interesting prospect, but I'll probably never get around to it. Anyway, something has driven me to post: There is an auction for three IBM PCs "built 1985/6" plus a printer on eBay UK - the one pictured appears to be an example of the unusual type 5271 "3270 Personal Computer", which is essentially a 5160 XT crossed with a 3270 terminal and provides the functions of both. The picture shows a PC set up with bot...

Looking for XENIX or PC/IX for IBM PC.
Hello, I know Minix, but I'd like to find other UNIX or UNIX-like OS for early IBM PC (circa 1981-85 or so). This is to study the booting process and operating system in general. Please let me know what you have. I offer my help to make diskette copies if you can't yourself, for your own backup purpose as well. Thanks. Luc rhubarbe0@yahoo.com wrote: > I know Minix, but I'd like to find other UNIX or UNIX-like OS > for early IBM PC (circa 1981-85 or so). This is to study the > booting process and operating system in general. You might also be interested in Coherent Uni...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

Web resources about - ibm - comp.pc.hardware.storage

IBM - United States
The IBM corporate home page, entry point to information about IBM products and services.

IBM and the Holocaust - Home Page
IBM and the Holocaust is the stunning story of IBM's strategic alliance with Nazi Germany beginning in 1933 in the first weeks that Hitler came ...

IBM: Generation C: The Connected Customer
Break down the silos that plague most marketing organizations. If you are organized by media type, paid (advertising) owned (web, email, stores) ...

Welcome to the IBM Composer Pavilion!
Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system Welcome to the only site on the Internet dedicated to the IBM "Selectric" Composer ...

SCO v. IBM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... March 6, 2003, the SCO Group (formerly known as Caldera International and Caldera Systems ) filed a $1 billion lawsuit in the US against IBM ...

EMC, VMware, IBM, etc.: Here Come 333,000 Layoffs in Tech, Opines Global Equities
Global Equities Research ’s Trip Chowdhry , a one-man shop of investment observations, today opines that layoffs in the mainstream of tech companies ...

IBM adds hybrid cloud capability to LinuxONE
Back in August last year we reported on IBM's bid to take a slice of the enterprise Linux market with the launch of a range of dedicated mainframes. ...

Can Cisco, IBM and other tech companies save retailers from extinction?
Triangle Business Journal Can Cisco, IBM and other tech companies save retailers from extinction? Triangle Business Journal Shaun Kirby, the ...

Can Intel, Cisco, IBM and other tech companies save retailers from extinction?
Upstart Can Intel, Cisco, IBM and other tech companies save retailers from extinction? Upstart At the NRF Big Show's Intel booth, the tech ...

IBM is going after a $105 billion market in its cloud war with Amazon
On Thursday, IBM made its purchase of live video streaming site UStream official. The acquisition was first reported earlier this week . Financial ...