Internal Jaz drive to External Portable drive? Help!!

Hi all,

I have a 1 gig Jaz drive that I was hoping to turn into a external portable
drive. So I went and bought a Jaz traveler that does nothing for me since it
is designed for the external drive. Is there any way to make this drive
portable to connect to the parallel port or other wise?

Thanks,

Scott..

0
Scott
3/7/2006 9:21:35 PM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8701 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file
need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file. my avg anti virus can detect it as trojan horse dropper agent.mqp. i dont want to remove the exe file yet because im afraid my files will be removed as well. can anyone give me another way to recover the files? -- wewet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wewet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100316.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/virus-spyware/1184791.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

External Hard Drive (USB) recognizes hardware but not drives
I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is NTFS, and has two partitions). How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data? Thanks <aribloch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164540238.912622.152430@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > I pulled a IBM T...

Help needed:Turning internal IDE drive into external USB drive
Hi guys, I need a little advice please. (Apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong place.) I was shopping for an external storage device on Ebay,and I accidentally bought an internal drive instead.(Dopey me realised my mistake 5 seconds after I bid,& alas no one out bid me.As I don't want an unpaid strike,I had to buy the damn thing.) I was going to sell it back on Ebay after it arrives,but a little reading revealed to me that you can turn an internal drive into a USB external drive with a 3.5" hard drive case enclosure. So I ask,can I convert the following: S...

External drives as compared to Internal drives
I have recently bought a new Tiny Mediabook U64-3700+ of which I am awaiting delivery. The one drawback on this system that may affect me is the Fujitsu/Toshiba Hard Disk with minimum Ultra ATA/100 interface, 4200rpm speed, 12 ms Access time, 80GB capacity and 1MB Buffer. If I bought an external drive with 7200rpm and connected it via a usb2 connection would this perform better? "Paul" <paulc@bms-software.com> wrote in message news:1108661164.188174.238170@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I have recently bought a new Tiny Mediabook U64-3700+ of which I am > awaiting d...

Duplicating internal hard drive to external drive
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I want to purchase a higher capacity hard drive and have it replace my existing one. I would like to make a bootable copy of my existing one by using my external USB drive enclosure. My plan is to place the new drive in this enclosure and use Powerquest Drive Image 7 to copy my existing drive to the new one, then removing the existing with the new one Will this work? I know Drive Image will let me dup from internal to internal (primary to slave),but it's not clear whether I can use its copy disk option to go to an external drive...

firewire external drive vs internal ide drive???
I had a power outage a few days ago and lost the FAT tables to one of my firewire external drives. But not all of them. I am not sure why this happened, but a friend of mine tells me it is because I lost power. So why didnt it happen to all of my extenal drives? AT ANY RATE... I am over losing all of that data, but now I have come up with this crazy idea that an internal drive would less prone to this type of loss, so I want switch to using internal drives. My friend made it sound as though this problem of mine stemmed from the fact that the drive I did lose was an external firew...

Startup from External Drive and Automatically Unmount Internal Drive
My SO has a PowerBook G4, a so-called TiBook. Because the internal drive is insufficient to hold all of her applications and documents and such we configured it with the intention that it would boot off of an external Firewire drive that is much larger than the internal drive. The Startup Disk is set to the external drive. All is working well with two exceptions.... a) Subsequent to a shut down a startup will occur on the internal drive and not the designated startup drive. b) An AppleScript initiated upon startup and which has a 60 second delay will not eject the internal drive, but a...

Using an internal hard drive as an external hard drive
I have 2 internal disks that I have taken out from a PC that has failed me after 6 years of use. I now am using an HP notebook, and I need data from these 2 disks that I wanted to copy to my laptop ... or possibly use these 2 disks as some sort of temporary storage. In my previous work, we had some kind of caddy / container for hard disks, you place the hard disk inside, and it has some minimal wirings to allow you to plug-in power to the hard disk, and some cable to attach for the data ( like the flat ribbon inside the PC ). However, I do not know what this is called and therefore don't...

iTunes import problem with internal drive but OK with external drive
I have been importing my CD collection, mostly with no problems. But, when I tried importing one particular CD to iTunes using the internal drive, it had many pops indicating areas of the disk that iTunes could not read. I tried cleaning the disk and turning "error correction coding" on in Preferences, but that did not help. Also, both before and after the cleaning/changing Preferences, the import process was also going very slowly (0.4-1.7x indicated, but sometimes making no progress for 10 seconds). The disk had no obvious scratches or damage and had been treated with kid gloves, b...

CMD hard drives & internal ZIP and JAZ drives
Maurice Randall was toying with using ZIP drives in CMD hard drives. I recently had to replace an internal hard drive in my CMD drive. Could an internal ZIP or JAZ drive been used in my CMD drive instead? "rusure" wrote ... > Maurice Randall was toying with using ZIP drives in CMD hard drives. > I recently had to replace an internal hard drive in my CMD drive. > Could > an internal ZIP or JAZ drive been used in my CMD drive instead? > Sure. Check out the download page at http://members.shaw.ca/cue64/ for details on using a Zip drive or a Magneto-Optical drive in t...

Drive A Not Drive A??
Hi I just got an old IDE zip 100 drive. On the back, it's label for the jumpers is split into 2 boxes, labelled "Not Drive A" and "Drive A". Each box shows three different jumper settings for how to set the drive to slave/master/cable. So in other words, there's six jumper settings on the back. Three for "Drive A" - master/slave/cable and three for "Not Drive A" - master/slave/cable which are different. What does "Drive A" or "Not Drive A" mean? I don't know which jumper settings diagram is right... In arti...

drive to drive
if you plan to be your own manual raid, drive to drive copy, then is there any advantage to pairing drive manufacturer & model? webwalker@68z28.com wrote: > if you plan to be your own manual raid, drive to drive copy, then is > there any advantage to pairing drive manufacturer & model? No. However there is the usual disadvantage, namely a higher probability of simultaneous failure. Arno -- Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@wagner.name GnuPG: ID: 1E25338F FP: 0C30 5782 9D93 F785 E79C 0296 797F 6B50 1E25 338F ---- Cuddly UI...

Turn an internal iMac G3 hard drive into an external drive?
I am hopelessly ignorant when it comes to hardware... I have a perfectly good 40gig hard drive in my G3 iMac going to waste, while I'm running out of room on my G5 iMac. Is there any way to turn my G3's internal drive into an external drive for my G5? I've read about enclosures that do this in general, but is there one that would work for this specific purpose (i.e. Mac compatible, and for the G3's hard disk, more specifically)? I'd appreciate any advice anyone might have! Also, I have no idea what 'size' the G3's drive is (for example 3.5", ...

Premade external hard drive or internal hard drive with enclosure?
Hi, My WD mybook external hardrive died, and now i need a new one for my laptop (which has th elaptop firewire conneciton, which isn't the same as the pc firewire connection that most external harddrives come with, thus need to use usb) So I'm thinking of getting the following toshiba 320 gb external ( see link below). However I have also been considering getting a regular internal harddrive and enclosure. would this be better in terms of reliability and speed? How difficult is this to set up? If this is better any recommendations for a 300-500 gb drive and enclosure? T...

Web resources about - Internal Jaz drive to External Portable drive? Help!! - comp.pc.hardware.storage

Internal combustion engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The internal combustion engine is an engine in which the combustion of a fuel (normally a fossil fuel ) occurs with an oxidizer (usually air) ...

Self-harm in detention centres at epidemic levels, internal documents show
Asylum seekers have swallowed insect repellent, bashed their heads on walls and doused their bodies with boiling water in a culture of self-harm ...

Asylum seekers: Self-harm in detention centres at epidemic levels, internal documents show
A culture of self-harm in Australian detention centres suggests the problem appears to have reached crisis point.

Internal politics stalls PM's vision for a republic
Turnbull wary republic push could stir up dissent in his party

How the 'Hokey Pokey' Makes a Good Internal Branding Process
... in turn, your head, backside and finally your "whole self." Now take the common "Hokey Pokey" as a simple metaphor for building your internal ...

US Attorneys General say Volkswagen has refused to turn over internal documents
The automaker is citing German privacy laws as justification for not cooperating.

Rahm Emanuel: Dangerous Internal Enemy Of Our Country
I've been on Rahm-watch since 2005 and I can't imagine there's any chance he'd resign as mayor of Chicago unless it was part of a plea deal to ...

Bernanke: Don't Worry, China's $28 Trillion Debt is an "Internal Problem"
$28 Trillion "Internal Problem" The blue ribbon award for ridiculous comment of the day goes to Ben Bernanke who dismissed China's $28 trillion ...

Newark Police Department Internal Affairs Head To Be Civilian Lawyer « CBS New York
There are some big changes on the way to the Newark Police Department.

Internal German police report stokes migrant fears
Muslim community in Cologne on edge as leaked, unofficial report links sexual attacks and robberies to immigrant population