The device, \Device\Harddisk1, has a bad block.

Does this relate directly to the hard disks listed in disk manager, i.e.
HardDisk1 = Disk 1 (as opposed to Disk 0)?

Thanks, Rob.

0
Rob
5/15/2006 8:10:26 PM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8701 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Rob Nicholson <rob.nicholson@nospam_unforgettable.com> wrote

> Does this relate directly to the hard disks listed in disk manager,
> i.e. HardDisk1 = Disk 1 (as opposed to Disk 0)?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/159865/

0
Rod
5/15/2006 10:12:01 PM
>> Does this relate directly to the hard disks listed in disk manager,
>> i.e. HardDisk1 = Disk 1 (as opposed to Disk 0)?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/159865/

Thanks that helped - it's Windows 2003 and I double checked the registry
method just to be on the safe side. Although I kind of knew what I'd find as
when I came home this evening, the server was reporting "Error writing to
MFT on drive E:" - oops. Looks like I need a new hard disk. It's a Western
Digital that was pair of a set we had a work that developed faults but
intermittent so I used one of them. Looks like it's finally given up the
ghost... They didn't last long at all - kind of put us off WD HDD.

Cheers, Rob.

0
Rob

[9fans] hardware device line -> what about the "file resource hardware devices" that are supported
I'm a newbe at Plan 9 and I got Inferno and Octopus just running. I writing first limbo programs and I like it. + Made in plane C + resource is a file and not complicated proprietary drivers + it can be run such easy and small with emu at each system (I have Mac) + interconnect of resources And when in one example it is explained, that you just send command "snap" to a cam input stream and you catch the file later by /image folder I thought: Ok, let's google if there is any description for a CAM or a USB-Scanner what can be addressed such way with Plan 9. I found nothing. ...

Network Storage Device back to USB device
I have an IDE drive that I was using in a USB external drive case. I used to plug it in only to do backups. I then bought a Linksys xxxxx because I thought about making the USB external drive into a file server for my music files. I ran through the install procedure and after much confusion I got it working as a network drive. This required reformating the drive. I am now considering going back to using the drive the way I originally was using it. So I unplugged the drive from the Linksys device and plugged it into the USB port of my computer running XPpro But the computer d...

Multiple Character devices for single block device
Hello, I have a system where I have a character device and corrosponding character device. can I create one more character device? my aim is to get #ioscan -funC disk | grep dev | head -1 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0 /dev/rdsk/some_name001 Regards, Harshal On May 30, 10:11 pm, Harshal <p.hars...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a system where I have a character device and > corrosponding character device. can I create one more character > device? my aim is to get > > #ioscan -funC disk | grep dev | head -1 > > /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 /d...

Device to device calling
I am looking at a VOIP (high quality) for device to device calling between UK an Southern African Countries. It should however allow for device to landline PSTN. Any ideas for a good quality equipment. I have used Yap jack but call quality is very poor. Rgd yeeeza ...

mounting eeprom device as file system block device ?
Hi Is there anything available in sourcecode so i can mount an serial eeprom as a disk device ? I currently have eeprom access in userspace but i would like to have a driver so from user point of view it behaves like a disk (mountable ) drive Any hints ? Regards Johan i am talking about small serial eeprom devices (64K bit) "Sagaert Johan" <sagaert.j AT belgacom.net> wrote in message news:433280c8$0$18366$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > Hi > > Is there anything available in sourcecode so i can mount an serial eeprom as > a disk device ? ...

device path for device
I have connected a new external tape device to my server , in another server , I use the device path /dev/st0 for the internal device , but I can't use the same device path for the new external tape device now , are they different for internal and external device ? if yes, what is the device path for external device ? thx in advance. mia456789@yahoo.com.hk wrote: > I have connected a new external tape device to my server , in another > server , I use the device path /dev/st0 for the internal device , but > I can't use the same device path for the new external tape device now ...

Unstable device names with multiple USB storage devices
Hi I am having trouble using multiple mass-storage USB devices. Each one works separately, but when several are plugged in at the same time (or successively) the device names change and Linux can no longer access already mounted volumes. If a change happens while a device is in use, the result is a corrupt filesystem. The problem may be that SCSI host numbers for multiple USB mass-storage devices are allocated in an uncontrolled manner. Here are some examples from a df command. With Camera ------------ Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/scsi/host15/bu...

Device for removing a direct access storage device from a personal computer
<http://books.google.com/patents/pdf/Device_for_removing_a_direct_access_stor.pdf?id=-MogAAAAEBAJ&output=pdf&sig=DRB-H4VuyDdMHLUIk8r-z3mJF4c> Ever wonder why the 77/90 HD sleds have a tab with a hole in the center? This tool would fit onto the rear wall of the 90 case, to the left of the lock. ...

device progamming hardware found; device programming software sought
Gentlemen: My employers would like to upgrade from an ABEL compiler and some rather rudimentary hardware programming capabilities to a more advanced compiler programming a varied field of programmable devices including EEPROMs, PLDs, CPLDs and FPGAs from various manufacturers. They would like to program in ABEL, Verilog & VHDL (or any compatible language set). I'm not sure where to go to make inquiries about this kind of compiler. I know where to go to get a free compiler of this sort, if I were willing to live with Xilinx only products, but when I floated this past my employers th...

Block threats from USB storage device
USB storage devices have gained popularity. It can be host to viruses, Trojans, hacker toolkits, worms or other forms of malicious programs. For example, when you plug your USB disk into a computer that is infected by viruses, viruses will create a file named AUTORUN.INF and malicious programs on your USB disk. Then, when you plug the USB disk to another computer, the one will be at risk. Threats from USB storage devices to computer have been a huge security risk for businesses and individuals. So, how does one protect against threats from USB storage devices? Well, here are my suggestions. 1....

[...]

Web resources about - The device, \Device\Harddisk1, has a bad block. - comp.pc.hardware.storage

File:HardDisk1.ogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HardDisk1.ogg ‎ (Ogg multiplexed audio/video file, Theora/Vorbis, length 16s, 720×576 pixels, 6.94Mbps overall) Permission is granted to copy, ...

Category:Western Digital hard disks
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository Jump to: navigation , search Subcategories This category has only the following subcategory. ...