USB Robotics not recognizing USB 3.0 2.5 hdd (enclosure)

For some strange reason my US Robotics USB 3.0 expresscard adapter is
not recognizing my USB 2.5 HDD enclosure with the USB 3.0 adapter.
Windows 7 recognizes my USB 3.5 hdd enclosure fine however. The hdd is
being recognized by the USB 2.0  port however.
0
randall
7/30/2012 4:42:37 AM
comp.pc.hardware.storage 8701 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi   I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time  = 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0.   I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements?   Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wa...

USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0
Recently; i found myself over at Best Buy and Found a Toshiba Hard Drive,= =20 1 Tb for $99 and i thought; 'That is too good to be true.' and also; Toshiba ??? Would they betray me ? So i bought it. And i did get it to work a little bit, which would suggest that the USB 3.0= cable that came with it, Would work with my MacBook and its USB 2.0 Vulvas= ,=20 but it didn't work very well. The Plug was 'Wiggly' And the Cable that came= with it was like 4 inches long, and it is Very Difficult to find an Extens= ion Cable for this sort of thing. i wanted to just dr...

Multidrive 3.5 usb 2.0 enclosures
I have a Sabrent ECS-STU35 aluminum fanless hdd enclosure I'm pleased with but want to have something where I can stick 3 pata and 1 sata drive into and hook up over usb. Is there anything that works well and won't spoil the decor? I don't want 4 power cables. Would rather have 1 and be able to shut down the drives with a single button. Any reasons why I don't want to do that? Considering ditching a desktop for a laptop but need some storage. Thanks. sndive@gmail.com wrote: > I have a Sabrent ECS-STU35 aluminum fanless hdd enclosure I'm pleased > with but want to h...

Good, reliable 2 or 4 bay USB 3.0 disk dock; and USB 3.0 hub
Disk dock: 2 or 4 bays. USB 3.0. (RAID is not a requirement) Hub: 7 - 10 USB 3.0 with ext. power supply. -- "Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another." -Ambrose Bierce ...

Convert USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 Crazy?
Sounds useless, since most USB 3.0 devices are backward compatible. But ap= parently there's enough slop in the spec so that at least my 3.0 HD won't w= ork with my Netgear WNDR4000 N700 router's USB 2.0 port, and I can't mount = it as a network drive on my Macbook Pro Retina. You'd expect that the comp= atibility is achieved by some part of the doohickies ignoring the 3.0 conne= ctions and shuffling control signals to their 2.0 counterparts. In any cas= e, the Netgear's not smart enough to do that or something. Ideally, what I'd like is to have my USB 3...

USB 3.0 Hub treatment of USB 2.0 connections.
My old USB 2.0 hub (7 port with external power) had been getting increasingly flaky over time with various devices dropping out and re-connecting (printer, keyboard wireless receiver and so on) so I bought a new one. An Anker 7 port USB 3.0 with ext. p/s. I had no USB 3.0 peripherals when I first hooked it up. When looking at system profiler there were no USB 3.0 devices - not even the hub - showing. Fastest interface was shown as 480 Mb/s. Today I received a couple USB 3.0 docks and after initially hooking them straight to the Mac, I tried, as an experiment, passing the...

Something like FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? Parallel -> USB with real USB 2.0 bandwidth ?
Hello, is there a chip, in functionality like a FT245BM for USB 2.0 ? I found on websites mentioning the FT245BM compatible for USB 2.0, but i think they don't use USB 2.0, because transfer rate is "only" 1 MByte/s, which looks like high speed USB. Is there a faster parallel USB chip, which achieves more than 1 MByte / s ? I think with USB 2.0 there must be at least a factor of 10 to this speed ? Regards, Martin "Martin Maurer" <capiman@clibb.de> wrote in news:c26q04$kkf$04$1@news.t-online.com: > Hello, > > is there a chip, in functional...

Syba External USB 2.0 3.5' HD enclosure, any good ?
I'm thinking of buying a Syba External USB 2.0 3.5' hard drive enclosure. Also called "Best Conductivity". It uses the NEC chipset and max hard drive size of 200GB. Anyone heard good or bad things about this brand ? No idea on this one, but these two work fine: http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=b:1499;c:36232;p:10501345 Hotway 3.5" USB 2/FW aluminum 3.5" enclosure $38 ByteCC 5.25" enclosure that takes 3.5" drives http://www.byteccusa.com/product/enclosure/ME-320.htm Usuall $40-45 most everywhere. --- Both work fine with ...

USB HDD 20GB USB 2.0
Please can anyone tell me if this is OK? I really need some feedback, as I've got major storage problems!!! Ta http://www.ok2bid.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl?item=471073511735 ...

external 2.5" USB 2.0 enclosure
Hi group, I have seen an a powerless USB 2.0 enclosure at a local computer store that uses two USB ports on the PC and does not require an external power source. But I don't remember the brand. Can someone recommend a brand/model? Does anyone know if all the powerless USB 2.0 enclosures require two USB ports? /sn I have a USB powered enclosure (that also takes a 6v adaptor if for whatever reason the USB port is not supplying enough juice) that requires only one USB port to power itself. I have a 20GB drive housed in it and have had no problems at all over the last 5 months. I b...

USB 3.0 slow with some USB 3.0 hard disks
I'm using Windows XP 32-bit Home with NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 PCI-E cards equipped with the uPD702000A chip. I'm getting about 90 megabytes/sec sustained transfers with USB 3.0 enclosures based on a Genesis chip but only 35 MB/s with Seagate GoFlex drives. This is with both nVidia GeForce 6100 and Intel ICH5 motherboards. It doesn't matter whether I use the newest NEC driver or the one included with the Seagate GoFlex. I've had no luck updating the NEC firmware because at the start the updater software gives an error message: W200FWUP.EXE - Entry Point Not Fou...

USB 2.0 in dos when booting from usb hdd
OK, see if you can follow me here. It's a bit confusing: I have a USB 2.0 external harddisk formatted so it's bootable. I have a Dell Optiplex GX270 capable of booting to USB-devices. BUT: the build in dell drivers are only usb 1.1! I know there are usb 2.0 drivers for dos (usbaspi.sys and di1000dd.sys) and if I boot from i.e. a floppy, loading the drivers then it will all work fine. But I don't want to! I want to boot from my usb-disk. Impossible, you say?? NO! When you load the usbaspi.sys, the dell drivers loose their grip on the usb-disk and then di1000dd.sys a...

2 Port USB 2.0 CardBus PC Card (PCMCIA) not recognized by Windows Explorer
Hi, I read a message about PC Cards/PCMCIA in archives -- that posting was related to power source. (The 'no-name' PC Card I purchased came with a cord, but to a PS2 mouse port -- which neither of these notebooks has... therefore, not useful...) I bought a PCMCIA 2 Port USB 2.0 (evidently NEC) -- I have tried it in both a Toshiba Satellite 2400 & a Dell Inspiron 8600. Looks like installed ok as USB ports (device manager) -- but when I test the USB port out by inserting a thumb drive, the thumb drive does not show up in Windows Explorer (but the thumb drive does show up if I ins...

kernel 2.6.3 USB 2.0 HDD (ehci) hangs after 100 MB
Hi, I have an external 120 GB USB-IDE-Disk connected to my USB 2.0 host controller. Used Linux version ist Mandrake 10 (kernel 2.6.3) on x86 Athlon and Epox onboard USB. The drive is detected, I partitioned it and formatted the partitions. While copying small files, the drive is quite fast (~ 10 MB/s). If I copy more than 100 MB on the disk, the whole system hangs until I unload ehci-hcd. The same configuration works under win2k without problems... It also works with USB 1.1 (OHCI). Kernel 2.4.22 (Mandrake 9) resulted in the same problem as soon as the EHCI-driver has been used. Does anyon...

Web resources about - USB Robotics not recognizing USB 3.0 2.5 hdd (enclosure) - comp.pc.hardware.storage

Mom Billie J. L. Baird letter from President and Mrs. Obama recognizing her 100th Birthday - Flickr ...
Mom Billie J. L. Baird letter from President and Mrs. Obama recognizing her 100th Birthday

Benghazi: Exposing Failure, Recognizing Courage - YouTube
Learn more at http://Oversight.House.Gov May 8, 2013 Full Committee Hearing: "Benghazi: Exposing Failure and Recognizing Courage"

Vatican signs 1st treaty recognizing Palestinian territories as state
The Vatican concludes its first treaty that formally recognizes the Palestinian territories as a state, a move that gives legal weight to the ...

Turkish president says countries recognizing Armenian genocide clean the stains on their own histories ...
Turkey's president has lashed out at country leaders who have recognized the killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks as genocide on the centenary ...

Alcohol Addiction Signs: Recognizing The Signs And Symptoms Of Alcoholism
By Linda Foster, MA, Medically reviewed by Niya Jones, MD, MPH

China raises threshold for recognizing theft
China raises threshold for recognizing theft People's Daily Online The Supreme People's Court (SPC) and the Supreme People's Procuratorate ...

Recognizing some of sports' lesser known fantastic feats
We all know the famous records and accomplishments in sports. There's Barry Bonds and his home run records (career, 762; season, 73). There's ...

Obama: Recognizing Israel Not Condition Iran Deal - Al Jazeera America
... it a "fundamental misjudgment" to condition a nuclear deal with Iran on an Israeli demand that it be predicated on Tehran officially recognizing ...

AP now lying about policy of not recognizing legal marriages of gays
The AP has issued a statement lying about its policy of not fully recognizing the marriages of legally-wed gays. .

A Story About Recognizing Yourself
by Dish Staff Micaela Blei won a Moth StorySlam with this hilarious, heartrending story about a summer crush gone awry: Previous storytelling ...