421 Service not available, closing channel.

I occasionally get this error when trying to send authenticated mail via PHP
to Mercury SMTP Server.

It appears about once a day (at different times) and when it does reports
the service is unavailible for about 1 minute before it usually fixes
itself.

The log reports for all SMTP connections during this period.

T 20060902 202725 44f6f71b Connection from 127.0.0.1
T 20060902 202725 44f6f71b HELO ****
T 20060902 202725 44f6f71b MAIL FROM:<***@****>
E 20060902 202725 44f6f71b Unexpected abort talking to 127.0.0.1

Any ideas what I need to be checking?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

(If you could copy the reply to news@hinesystems.com that would be much
appreciated so I can check back here).

SMTP -> FROM SERVER:
250-****************; ESMTPs are:
250-TIME
250-SIZE 0
250-AUTH=LOGIN
250-AUTH CRAM-MD5 LOGIN
250 HELP
SMTP -> get_lines(): $data was ""
SMTP -> get_lines(): $str is "334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
"
SMTP -> get_lines(): $data is "334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
"
SMTP -> get_lines(): $data was ""
SMTP -> get_lines(): $str is "334 **********
"
SMTP -> get_lines(): $data is "334 **********
"
SMTP -> get_lines(): $data was ""
SMTP -> get_lines(): $str is "235 Authentication successful.
"
SMTP -> get_lines(): $data is "235 Authentication successful.
"
SMTP -> get_lines(): $data was ""
SMTP -> get_lines(): $str is "421 Service not available, closing channel.
"
SMTP -> get_lines(): $data is "421 Service not available, closing channel.
"
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:
421 Service not available, closing channel.
SMTP -> ERROR: MAIL not accepted from server: 421 Service not available,
closing channel.

0
HineSystems

A Strange problem
Everything works fine before, but suddenly the error occurs since yesterday. Here is my machine configuration: I have three Window Server 2003 machines. Each one hosts a VMWare server, which in turn contains both window based and linux based virtual machines. All the window based virtural machines have no problem connecting to any outside world FTP server. But the linux based (i386-redhat-linux- gnu) virutal machines return the "421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection" error right after the "username" is entered. For instance: ftp> open wiref...

A Strange - 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Here is my machine configuration: I have 3 window server 2003. Each one hosts a VMWare server, which in turn contains both window based and linux based virtual machines. All the window based virtual machines have no problem connecting to any of the outside world FTP server. But all the linux based (i386- redhat-linux-gnu version 2.4.20-8) virtual machines returns the "421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection" error right after the username is entered. For instance: ftp> open wirefreethought.com Connected to wirefreethought.com (66.199.224.58). 220 (vsFT...

By closing a window in firefox browser closes all other windows
Hi, I have invoked a html page from an another html page by the following code if (args.indexOf("APPLaunched") == -1) { var url = "runAPP.shtml" + location.search + "&APP=sdm&GIF=rsdm&APPLET=XDM&proxyCodeBase=" + proto + "//" + ipAddr + "/"; winrunapp = window.open(url, calcWindowArgs(640,560)); if (winrunapp == null || typeof(winrunapp) == "undefined") { alert("You have an active popup blocker. Please disable it for to function."); } if (parent.location.search && (parent...

close all child windows when close the main window
>From the main page, there are lots of links to open new window. i.e. <a href="#" onClick="window.open('child1.html')">Open Child Window</a> If I close the main page, I want to close all child windows also. That means I need to keep track all handles of the child windows whenever I open a new window. Correct? any suggestions on the approach? Please advise. thanks!! > If I close the main page, I want to close all child windows also. That= > means I need to keep track all handles of the child windows whenever I= = > open a > new wind...

Hi, When I want to close the current window using window.close() in IE6.0, there will be a confirm box that: The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this window? I have to click yes to close the window. How can I close the current window directly without this dialog box? Thank you. Hope this helps: ================= window.opener = self; window.close(); ================= ..Andrew This alert occurs only if there is only one window and cannot be switched off. Are you sure? I guess it could be security-dependent, but the approach is not clear enoug...

how not to close the first window before the second window closes
Dear all, I call a second JDialog in the first JDialog. Before the second windows closes, the first one already closed. Please help me! Thanks a lot! PJava wrote: .... > I call a second JDialog in the first JDialog. Before the second windows > closes, the first one already closed. > > Please help me! Please ask a question! To be more specific, that question might include - the code - the expected or desired behaviour - the observed or actual behaviour - a sentence ending in '?' Of those 4 things, I only see one (observed behaviour). Andrew T. Dear Andrew, Thanks....

SN#19170 Sun Service Tag Service Now Available for Windows and Linux
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 119 Issue 2 2008-01-07 Article 19170 from section "SysAdmin's Section" Keeps an Inventory List of System and Software Information, Eases Management Complexity If you haven't already heard, Sun Service tags are available for Linux and Windows along with the Solaris Operating System (Solaris OS). So now Sun Inventory (formerly known as the Sun Connection Inventory Channel) can be used to track, organize, and report on just about any x86 or SPARC server running these major operating systems. Details ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

failed SocketChannel.finishConnect closes the channel
I'm calling SocketChannel.finishConnect, which is supposed to return false unless a connection succeeds. However, when I try to connect, I get a "connection refused" IOException. This makes sense, since the server I'm trying to connect to is not up yet. But it has the side effect of closing the channel! That means that I have to keep creating a new SocketChannel and registering it with my Selector in the exception handler until it actually connects. This seems like it defeats the purpose of using a selector on a channel in the first place. My questions: 1) Why is the ch...

421 SMTP service not available
I was looking into some mail not arriving on a sendmail-8.13.0 machine. From several other hosts, telnetting to port 25 results in 421 SMTP service not available, closing transmission channel But mail is arriving... I can't tell if this response is only given to some IP addresses (why? and why ones I test from, but not most "real" mail servers?), or what. -- * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ * * California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! * * http://www.crpa.org/ Free 3 month trial membership available * * ...

Windows terminal services and Pegasus
Can Pegasus be run as a shared application under Windows terminal services (or Citrix) ? If so, can you direct me to documentation for the set up ? Thanks, Mainiac ...

FTP: 421 Service not available....
Hello all, I am running to this problem and I have no clue how to solve it...if somebody can give me some ideas, I will really appreciatted I am trying to ftp a file. This is the process: ftp -n nameofserver user username password cd /var/xx/xx/xx ascii put nameoffile dir bye When i first do the ftp i get all this (I dont know if this is good or bad): 220 bigbird FTP server (DG/UX Release R4.11MU06) ready. 500 Command not understood. 500 Command not understood. KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type Then I enter the username and password and when I tried to put the file i get this ...

closing blocked channel on windows
windows. when the channel does not return after a while I have set a timeout on it. when I try to close the channel it waits until the channel exists. I set the channel to non-blocking mode and it works fine on linux. on windows it still hangs. how can I force the channel to exit? set timeoutFlag 0 set ofd [open "|d:/blockingProgram" r+] puts $ofd "please don't block..." catch {flush $ofd} fileevent $ofd readable [list set timeoutFlag 2] set afterId [after 2000 [list set timeoutFlag 1]] vwait timeoutFlag if {$timeoutFlag==1} { puts "reached timeout" fconfigu...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Web resources about - 421 Service not available, closing channel. - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Limbaugh Takes Trump’s Side in Fox News Debate Spat
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh took Donald Trump’s side in a feud with Fox News, saying the network had played into the billionaire’s ...

How to Download the iOS 9.3 Beta to Your iPhone or iPad
Ahead of new software releases for iOS devices, Apple provides early copies to both developers and public beta testers to work out bugs and refine ...

Media pulls out of occupied wildlife refuge after ominous FBI warning
Members of the media are fleeing the occupied Malheur National Wildlife Refuge on Wednesday after the FBI told them it was not safe to stay there, ...

Bernie Sanders Did Not Ask Obama to Endorse Him at the White House
Democratic Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders said he met with President Obama at the White House on Wednesday for a discussion to “get ...

Major US Airlines Respond to Zika Virus
The CDC has issued travel advisories to 24 countries/territories.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Indiana Jones’ Lost Ark
Indiana Jones' greatest ancient artifact has been recovered in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, whether Han Solo and Chewbacca know it or not. This ...

Lyft, drivers settle labor lawsuit with $12.25M payment, new work agreement
(credit: Lyft ) California drivers who sued Lyft in 2013 over whether they should be treated as employees or contractors have settled their ...

Conan O'Brien remembers late actor Abe Vigoda with his most hilarious 'Late Night' moments
Tuesday's night's "Conan" opened with a touching tribute to actor Abe Vigoda, who died earlier that day . Vigoda was a frequent participant ...

Super Bowl 50: Why the NFL ditched Roman numerals for one game
You've probably noticed something odd about Super Bowl 50: the fact that's it's Super Bowl 50. Roman numerals attached to Super Bowls are as ...

North Korea a 'threat to the world': Kerry
Nuclear-armed North Korea poses an "overt threat, a declared threat to the world", US Secretary of State John Kerry said in Beijing Wednesday ...