Archive a Pegasus mail folder

I have a few mail folders which I wish to keep the mail therein
somewhere else as it's clogging up the system but need to keep the
mails. - one folder has 821 in it - somw tih large attachements....

Is there a way of archiving certain folders somewhere else (copy the
actual pmail files), so I can "free" pegasus of these but copy them
back in if I need to?

Using PM4.12a

advTHANKSance

0
no_spam

3ff727b7.1422250@169.100.100.5,
Tym <no_spam@ictis.net>:
> I have a few mail folders which I wish to keep the mail therein
> somewhere else as it's clogging up the system but need to keep the
> mails. - one folder has 821 in it - somw tih large attachements....

You can delete the attachments by temporarily moving the messages to the New
Mail Folder and clicking Delete in Attachments view.

> Is there a way of archiving certain folders somewhere else (copy the
> actual pmail files), so I can "free" pegasus of these but copy them
> back in if I need to?

Well, yes, you can do it just as you described. A mail folder consists of
two files, somename.pmm and somename.pmi (that's the index file). You can
find out the "somename" for a folder by right clicking, Folder information.

You can also use the Mailbox attach option.

--
Robert
User in front of @ is fake, actual user is: mkarta

0
RobertS
1/3/2004 9:06:08 PM
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:06:08 +0100, "RobertS"
<userinsignaturebutdomainok@o2.pl> wrote:

>You can delete the attachments by temporarily moving the messages to the New
>Mail Folder and clicking Delete in Attachments view.

I need to keep the attachemetns though...

>Well, yes, you can do it just as you described. A mail folder consists of
>two files, somename.pmm and somename.pmi (that's the index file). You can
>find out the "somename" for a folder by right clicking, Folder information.

I'll try that - thanks

>You can also use the Mailbox attach option.

The what?
0
no_spam
1/4/2004 1:57:50 PM
3ff81bb8.63875031@169.100.100.5,
Tym <no_spam@ictis.net>:
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:06:08 +0100, "RobertS"
> <userinsignaturebutdomainok@o2.pl> wrote:
>
>> You can delete the attachments by temporarily moving the messages to
>> the New Mail Folder and clicking Delete in Attachments view.
>
> I need to keep the attachemetns though...

Consider storing them as files in some folder (save, delete): that way they
will occupy less space.

>> You can also use the Mailbox attach option.
>
> The what?

First, hit Ctrl-L to put the folder list into focus.
Then select from the top menu: Folders -> Add mailbox to list.
You can use that to archive old mail and/or to access folders in other
locations.

--
Robert
User in front of @ is fake, actual user is: mkarta

0
RobertS
1/4/2004 2:20:14 PM
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:20:14 +0100, "RobertS"
<userinsignaturebutdomainok@o2.pl> wrote:

>First, hit Ctrl-L to put the folder list into focus.
>Then select from the top menu: Folders -> Add mailbox to list.
>You can use that to archive old mail and/or to access folders in other
>locations.

I'll look at that - thanks

0
no_spam
1/6/2004 8:57:13 AM
But... this isn't a real, or at least a neat, solution.  What he (and
I) would like is to
*  Retain all of the information in a folder
*  Remove it from the daily activities (like searches which begin to
slow greatly as folders increase & age) without having to go through a
multiple file renaming process
*  Be able to easily have Pegasus again include it (without renaming).

So, any other thoughts?
0
expsite
1/7/2004 11:04:30 PM
j w ramsey wrote:

>But... this isn't a real, or at least a neat, solution.  What he (and
>I) would like is to
>*  Retain all of the information in a folder
>*  Remove it from the daily activities (like searches which begin to
>slow greatly as folders increase & age) without having to go through a
>multiple file renaming process
>*  Be able to easily have Pegasus again include it (without renaming).
>
>So, any other thoughts?

You can create a folder on your disk  somewhere at a place you like.
p.e. archive
You attach this folder to your pmail mailbox. (by folder|attach mailbox
to list)
You create the subfolders you want.
You move the mail to be archives to the newly created subfolders.
You detach the attached archive mailbox by right clicking on it.

Whenever you need one of those mails, you attach the archive folder
again to your mailbox.

Bernard
0
Bernard
1/7/2004 11:47:02 PM
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 00:47:02 +0100, Bernard Mercier
<mercierb@yahoo.be> wrote:

>You can create a folder on your disk  somewhere at a place you like.
>p.e. archive
>You attach this folder to your pmail mailbox. (by folder|attach mailbox
>to list)
>You create the subfolders you want.
>You move the mail to be archives to the newly created subfolders.
>You detach the attached archive mailbox by right clicking on it.
>
>Whenever you need one of those mails, you attach the archive folder
>again to your mailbox.

That sounds pretty neat to me! :-)

0
no_spam
1/8/2004 6:22:09 PM
Bernard Mercier <mercierb@yahoo.be> wrote in message news:<bti5rc$7624q$1@ID-190693.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> You can create a folder on your disk  somewhere at a place you like.
> p.e. archive
> You attach this folder to your pmail mailbox. (by folder|attach mailbox
> to list)
> You create the subfolders you want.
> You move the mail to be archives to the newly created subfolders.
> You detach the attached archive mailbox by right clicking on it.
>
> Whenever you need one of those mails, you attach the archive folder
> again to your mailbox.
>
> Bernard

Merc�, Bernard... thanks for a very neat solution!
0
expsite
1/8/2004 9:47:43 PM
j w ramsey wrote:

>Bernard Mercier <mercierb@yahoo.be> wrote in message news:<bti5rc$7624q$1@ID-190693.news.uni-berlin.de>...
>

>>You can create a folder on your disk  somewhere at a place you like.
>>p.e. archive
>>You attach this folder to your pmail mailbox. (by folder|attach mailbox
>>to list)
>>You create the subfolders you want.
>>You move the mail to be archives to the newly created subfolders.
>>You detach the attached archive mailbox by right clicking on it.
>>
>>Whenever you need one of those mails, you attach the archive folder
>>again to your mailbox.
>>
>>Bernard
>>

>Merc�, Bernard... thanks for a very neat solution!

Heureux d'avoir pu aider - Glad to be able to help.

Bernard
0
Bernard
1/11/2004 10:40:36 AM
Tym wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 00:47:02 +0100, Bernard Mercier
><mercierb@yahoo.be> wrote:
>

>>You can create a folder on your disk  somewhere at a place you like.
>>p.e. archive
>>You attach this folder to your pmail mailbox. (by folder|attach mailbox
>>to list)
>>You create the subfolders you want.
>>You move the mail to be archives to the newly created subfolders.
>>You detach the attached archive mailbox by right clicking on it.
>>
>>Whenever you need one of those mails, you attach the archive folder
>>again to your mailbox.
>>

>That sounds pretty neat to me! :-)

Glad to be able to help.

Bernard
0
Bernard
1/11/2004 10:41:04 AM
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:41:04 +0100, Bernard Mercier
<mercierb@yahoo.be> wrote:

>Tym wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 00:47:02 +0100, Bernard Mercier
>><mercierb@yahoo.be> wrote:
>>

>>>You can create a folder on your disk  somewhere at a place you like.
>>>p.e. archive
>>>You attach this folder to your pmail mailbox. (by folder|attach mailbox
>>>to list)
>>>You create the subfolders you want.
>>>You move the mail to be archives to the newly created subfolders.
>>>You detach the attached archive mailbox by right clicking on it.
>>>
>>>Whenever you need one of those mails, you attach the archive folder
>>>again to your mailbox.

Done and implemented! Thanks again
0
no_spam

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

merging Pegasus mail folders from two PCs?
I had a glitch on my desktop a while back ("windows protection error"), and instead of fixing it, abandoned my desktop for the laptop for three months. Now I've got the desktop working again, and need to merge three months' worth of mail from the laptop with the several years' worth on the desktop. Is there a way to do it? I'm running version 4.02 on the desktop and version 4.01 on the laptop. Achim axethetax On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:10:47 GMT, lohsea@3web.nettax (Achim Nolcken Lohse) wrote: Don't have much of an answer, but some exper...

Web resources about - Archive a Pegasus mail folder - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Archive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Archives contain primary source documents that have accumulated over the course of an individual or organization's lifetime, and are kept to ...

Archive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Archives contain primary source documents that have accumulated over the course of an individual or organization's lifetime, and are kept to ...

National Archives of Australia preparing to transfer their valuable collection
The daunting task of moving house is similar to but a fraction of what is about to be undertaken by the National Archives of Australia.

24/7 Wall St. » Blog Archive General Electric Q4 Earnings Beat (NYSE: GE)
General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) reported fourth-quarter and full-year 2015 results before markets opened Friday. The conglomerate reported quarterly ...

The Archives: January 10-11, 2016
**From One Year Ago:** * [Hoisted from Other People's Archives from 97 Years Ago: The Already-Written Fidel Castro Obituary(Rosa Luxemburg, "The ...

Archives app documents U.S. police shootings
A new app sheds light on officer-involved shootings by sending you a text alert following U.S. police shootings.

Dallas' annual MLK Day Parade - Dallas Morning News Photography - Texas Newspaper Archives & Reprints ...
See The Dallas Mornings News' Pulitzer Prize-winning photography, galleries, videos and reader submissions and visit The Dallas Morning News ...

Political TV ad archive preserves lies for the ages
You're about to see a lot of political TV ads in the US (if you haven't already), and keeping tabs on them is going to be... difficult. Who paid ...

From the EW Archives: Inside David Bowie and Moby's out-of-this-world 2002 tour
Entertainment Weekly From the EW Archives: Inside David Bowie and Moby's out-of-this-world 2002 tour Entertainment Weekly Back in 2002, Bowie ...

The Internet Archive Turns 20: A Behind The Scenes Look At Archiving The Web
A brief glimpse behind the scenes at how the Internet Archive approaches preserving the web, from its millions of datasets to the role of the ...