Can't delete message in folder

I can't seem delete one message in an email folder.

Any ideas and/or suggestions ?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David

David H. Lipman wrote on 25 aug 2011 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I can't seem delete one message in an email folder.
>
> Any ideas and/or suggestions ?

Is the read-only flag set?

4th little icon right of "Raw view" in the list mode.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivoort@interxnl.net>

>> I can't seem delete one message in an email folder.
>>
>> Any ideas and/or suggestions ?
>>

> Is the read-only flag set?
>
> 4th little icon right of "Raw view" in the list mode.

Bingo !

I didn't even know that existed - Thank you  ;-)

Must have been accidently checked.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David

Can't delete mail messages
I don't usually use my iPad for e-mail. My brother paid for POP only on his account. But my Mac was in the shop, so I used it this last week. I have a bunch of messages from (No Sender), with (no Subject), and "This message has no content" that I can't read, and I can't delete. Many of them have a date of 12/31/69, back when the only computer I used were IBM mainframes. Any suggestions on what these are and how to delete them? I haven't tried disabling and renabling my account yet. I'd rather not delete and recreate the account, but may need ...

Can't delete messages in Mail
I have a number of messages in my inbox in Mail OS 10.2.8. which show no text other than a "have not been downloaded from server, you need to take this account online etc" message, despite me having read them previously. However, I have via the prefs deleted any messages from the server. And now Mail won;t let me delete the remains of these messages in the INbox. Anyone know of a get-around for this strange state of affairs? Thanks in advance. ...

Message can't be deleted from Mail
I received an email from MacWorld, regarding Mac OS X Hints Superguide, which arrived as a completely blank document, now when I select it and press delete the subject line just grays out, it remains in my in box and can't be removed to the trash. How can I get rid of this email? Gerry <everyday@sunrise.net> wrote: > I received an email from MacWorld, regarding Mac OS X Hints Superguide, > which arrived as a completely blank document, now when I select it and > press delete the subject line just grays out, it remains in my in box > and can't be removed to the tra...

Can't delete a message from Main Folder
I found a message in my "Main folder" that I can't delete. I reindexed the folder, but that didn't help. Then I created a new folder and tried to move all messages to it, but only 59 messages out of 674 moved. Can anybody help? Marty Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ mbrilliant@alum.mit.edu (Martin B. Brilliant) wrote: > I found a message in my "Main folder" that I can't delete. I > reindexed the folder, but that didn't help. Then I created a new > folder and tried to move all me...

OSX Mail: can't delete messages
Using OS X 10.4.7 Mail and suddenly my Trash vanished. I can't delete messages. Any suggestions? Some of them are greyed out. Flash wrote: > Using OS X 10.4.7 Mail and suddenly my Trash vanished. I can't delete > messages. Any suggestions? Some of them are greyed out. Please tell us about the account. Particular if it is POP or IMAP. -j -- Jeffrey Goldberg http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/ I rarely read top-posted, over-quoted or HTML posts My Reply-To address is valid. In article <Flash-A2F924.20213623082006@shawnews>, Flash <Flash@flas...

can't delete mail in mail
Can't weem to delete messages from my inbox. I highlight the message, click on delete and the message disappears. But when I open mail the next time, all the messages I deleted (or thought I had) are back in the inbox. Any suggestions? Thanks * posted via http://mymac.ws ...

Can't delete mail from my "sent items" folder (outlook express)
Hello all, I find that I can't delete sent mail directly from my "sent items" folder. This is a relatively new problem. Of course I had accumulated some 4000+ messages in the folder. I was able to delete all the sent messages by creating a "temporary delete"folder, moving the messages there, and deleting them. This did not solve the problem. Still can't delete sent messages directly from my "sent items" folder. Any ideas?? This is my first time posting & I hope this message didn't get posted twice. Many thanks, Bill On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 1...

Problems with VG...can't varyon, can't delete, etc...
I'm guessing this sucker has been broken for quite some time: # lsvg intS80h5vg 0516-010 : Volume group must be varied on; use varyonvg command. # varyonvg intS80h5vg 0516-008 varyonvg: LVM system call returned an unknown error code (3). I don't need it, so I'll try to remove it: # odmdelete -q name=intS80h5vg -o CuAt 0518-307 odmdelete: 4 objects deleted. # lsvg intS80h5vg # lsvg -p intS80h5vg 0516-010 : Volume group must be varied on; use varyonvg command. # varyonvg intS80h5vg 0516-008 varyonvg: LVM system call returned an unknown error code (3). Crap,...

OS X
after a bit of reading, it looks like I did a veeeeery shtupid thing... (I'm copying my post to this newsgroup, as the alt.sys.mac.newuser-help group didn't look quite as highly-trafficked...) anyways, here's what I did... ----------------------------------- in an effort to help the owner of a nice shiny new eMac 'clean up' their personal folder, I moved a few items... including the Library folder! it appears.... correct me if I'm wrong... that Mac OS X then created a NEW library... so we restarted it, and all the Quicken data, dialup info, (etc.) was gone... so we ...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Web resources about - Can't delete message in folder - comp.pegasus-mail.windows