Can't open Pegasus Mail after a crash

I am a long-time user of Pegasus Mail for Windows, and use version
4.31. I was using Pegasus Mail when it suddenly crashed (I can't
remember the details of what I was doing when it crashed). I closed all
my applications and shut down Windows. When I restarted and tried to
get PMAIL running, it would take several minutes, as usual, preparing
to open, only to eventually get a Windows message that PMAIL had to
terminate. I tried this several times, including after powering off my
computer. How can I get PMAIL to come back up? Thanks!

  Dilip

0
barman

Oh, I forgot to mention that I run Windows XP Professional ...

0
barman
1/25/2006 4:02:25 PM
barman@jhu.edu wrote in

> I am a long-time user of Pegasus Mail for Windows, and use version
> 4.31. I was using Pegasus Mail when it suddenly crashed (I can't
> remember the details of what I was doing when it crashed). I closed
> all my applications and shut down Windows. When I restarted and
> tried to get PMAIL running, it would take several minutes, as usual,
> preparing to open, only to eventually get a Windows message that
> PMAIL had to terminate. I tried this several times, including after
> powering off my computer. How can I get PMAIL to come back up?
> Thanks!

What has probably happened is that you've received a new email that is
causing Pegasus Mail's mail filtering, content control or display
engine to 'choke'.

In Windows Explorer, locate the directory that contains your new mail.
For a standard Pegasus Mail installation, this would be
C:\PMAIL\MAIL\, or a subdirectory of this directory.  This directory
should contain a number of files with the extension ".CNM".  These
files each contain one email message from your new mail folder.  Move
these files to another directory, then try and start up Pegasus Mail.

Assuming that Pegasus Mail starts up properly after you've done this,
you should then move the .CNM files back into the directory that they
were in, one at a time (starting with the older files, progressing to
the newer ones).  This should allow you to identify the particular
email that is causing PMail problems.  Please zip the .CNM containing
this email and send it to me as an attachment, via email so that I can
figure out what is causing the problem -- PMail 4.31 only rarely has
this sorts of problems with emails (usually malformed HTML emails sent
by spammers) -- and get the problem to David Harris for a fix.

Cheers
GRB

0
Greg
1/25/2006 5:48:31 PM
barman@jhu.edu wrote in news:1138202586.979422.223740
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I am a long-time user of Pegasus Mail for Windows, and use version
> 4.31. I was using Pegasus Mail when it suddenly crashed (I can't
> remember the details of what I was doing when it crashed). I closed all
> my applications and shut down Windows. When I restarted and tried to
> get PMAIL running, it would take several minutes, as usual, preparing
> to open, only to eventually get a Windows message that PMAIL had to
> terminate. I tried this several times, including after powering off my
> computer. How can I get PMAIL to come back up? Thanks!
>
>   Dilip

Sounds like a bad message.  Use Windows Explorer to rename all .cnm type
file in your newmail directory (eg c:\pmail\mail). Then restart Pegasus
Mail. If that works you can recover the renamed files one by one until you
get a failure again.
0
martin
1/25/2006 6:08:12 PM
Thanks! Before I saw your post, I found additional advise to delete
..pmx files - there were three such files apparently waiting to be sent,
and upon deleting them, PMAIL came up.

  Dilip

0
barman

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Can't open Pegasus Mail
Disaster! I can't even open PMail! According to the prompt, that's due to the uninstalling of the driver of an old printer I didn't use anymore. The messages, as the matter of facts, are: "Error initialing the printer" and "Error creating fonts". How can I fix that? Provided that I find the CD driver (hard!) everything will be ok? Other ways? Thanks in advance. Roberto "Roberto" <roberto.1.schenone@gmail.com> wrote: > Disaster! I can't even open PMail! According to the prompt, > that's due to the uninstalling of the d...

pegasus mail username? can't access mailbox
Hello again, I recently formatted my secondary (storage) harddrive, and now Pegasus will not let me into the program. It gives me the message "In order to access your mailbox you must enter your Pegasus Mail username". I don't have any idea what my "username" is. When I type something in, it says "The user you are attempting to 'become' does not exist on this system". To the best of my knowledge there were no Pegasus files located on the HD I formatted. Any idea how to get access back, or what my username might be? Any help would be appreci...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Can't send mail using Mail.app, but can with Thunderbird
Hello, I am having one heck of a time, and it's killing me. I am new to the world of OS X but am adapting well, with one exception - Mail. Here's the deal. Using Thunderbird, I can send mail out with password authentication. I can send it via port 25 normally or via port 465 via SSL. I can also telnet to port 25 and see the standard email connection, and I can even fake it out using the proper sequence of commands. I can telnet to port 465, although since that's SSL I can't easily fake key negotiation or anything like that - but, it does establish a connection. However, Mai...

Mail.app can't get Comcast mail; Entourage can
I was trying to set up Mail.app to get my son's email from his Comcast POP3 account. As far as I could tell all the settings were correct, and Mail.app correctly saw that there were 9 messages in his inbox, however in the activity window, the progress bar seemed to indicate that the mail download had started, but it seemed to time out without downloading anything. In contrast, on the same computer, Entourage accessed his mail just fine. Can anyone explain this behavior? This is in MacOS X 10.2.8. Thanks, Dan -- Daniel E. Sabath University of Washington Department of Laboratory ...

can't delete mail in mail
Can't weem to delete messages from my inbox. I highlight the message, click on delete and the message disappears. But when I open mail the next time, all the messages I deleted (or thought I had) are back in the inbox. Any suggestions? Thanks * posted via http://mymac.ws ...

can't send mail using mail()
hello, i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but the parameters already had value. do you know what is wrong? thank you fasisi wrote: > hello, > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > the parameters already had value. > > do you ...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

can't open pegasus
I am using 4.02 and starting this morning it is becoming a severe problem I can no longer open the program..... It gives me a splash screen and then minimizes to the task bar and shortcut bar.......clicking on either sends it to the other state. I have been running norton continuously and just checked and there are no virus found. It was functioning perfectly 8 hours ago.......... Any ideas would help thanks netdirect2you@aol.com wrote in news:ce3mlv4vuhppbtn3g89rvka9kk1ced82b0@4ax.com: > I am using 4.02 and starting this morning it is becoming a > severe ...

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

Can't send/receive Mail (Apple Mail)
Somehow, I can't send or receive any E-mails... I'm using apple mail and tried with entourage, too... I also checked user name, password..etc with the company I am paying but still not working. IS there any default reset command for mail? thanks. In article <3043ee60.0307221026.40f85e4c@posting.google.com>, shin64@telus.net (Shin) wrote: > Somehow, I can't send or receive any E-mails... I'm using apple mail > and tried with entourage, too... > > I also checked user name, password..etc with the company I am paying > but still not working. > >...

Can't import Thunderbird mail into Mail.app
Hello, I recently switched from Win to MacBook Pro, and I'm trying to get all my emails over to the new box. On Win I had Thunderbird, and I managed to import all of my stuff straight into Mac Thunderbird: just drop the same profile folder in the right place and that's it, no need to convert/import anything, my stuff was there! Now, there's no way to import from Mac Thunderbird over into Mail.app. Whatever option I choose when importing (Eudora, Netscape/Mozilla, Other, whatever) it will let me browse to the Mac Thunderbird folder/files, but when I'm in there all the f...

Web resources about - Can't open Pegasus Mail after a crash - comp.pegasus-mail.windows