Community site up again

Up and working

Martin
0
Martin

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Based on our group mailing
Based on our group mailing - the first site Free Proxy site Open any site every day a new site http://yournet.2kool4u.net/ to join to us http://groups.google.com/group/daily-proxy-sites/boxsubscribe ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

Pegasus Mail for Windows reading PM Dos version mailboxes
Hello, We are considering going from the DOS based Pegasus Mail (we have version 3.4) to the Windows version of PM. Our mailboxes are currently stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are there any issues that might be involved in converting or using both the DOS and Windows versions simultaneously? Two the two versions use the same mailbox format? TIA Mike McWhinney elja, Inc. On 2 Feb 2006 15:41:18 -0800, eljainc@sbcglobal.net <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are > t...

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Web resources about - Community site up again - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A community is a social unit of any size that shares common values . Although embodied or face-to-face communities are usually small, larger ...

Jake McKee - The Community Guy -
I’m Jake McKee, aka: The Community Guy. I am a partner at PwC , one of the world’s largest (and most awesome) auditing and consulting practices. ...

Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire
Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire

Baird government's public housing plan brings 'joy' to community sector
The Baird government's &quot;bonanza&quot; public housing plan has been welcomed by the not-for-profit sector as an end to decades of policy ...

Stuck in 'halfway place', remote Saskatchewan community reels from shooting
The remote community where a shooter killed four people on Friday has long struggled under disadvantages that most of Canada can hardly imagine. ...

This time, the republic movement must be community driven
The Australian people, not politicians, should decide how we become a republic, and what it looks like, if the 1999 failure is not to be repeated. ...

La Loche, Sask., shootings: Community in shock after deadly shootings
The community of La Loche, Sask., is reeling from Friday's shootings that left four people dead. On top of that tragedy, the community has seen ...

‘They were good students’: community mourns La Loche victims at vigil
The tight-knit community of La Loche, Sask., came together to mourn the victims of Friday’s deadly school shooting. People gathered at a vigil ...

Would Flint Crisis Happen In Wealthier, Whiter Community?
... Ever since the full extent of the Flint water crisis emerged, one question has persisted: Would this have happened in a wealthier, whiter community? ...

Remote aboriginal community reeling after deadly shooting
Gunman opens fire at school, home, killing four people in western Canada