Does anybody have a Hotmail account?

With Pegasus 4.51 I can't access Hotmail via POP3 unless I check:

Disable certificate validation (warning: read help before using this)

Otherwise I get:
Error -32 activating SSL session (locus 6014, type 4, code 0, 'Server
provided a broken/invalid certificate, try again with a reduced level
of certificate complian')

POP server: pop3.live.com, port 995, via direct SSL connect

With those same server, port, and SSL options Windows Mail and
Thunderbird work fine.

Somebody's doing something wrong. Who?

--
Steve Baker
0

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

How to place Hotmail account in Apple MAIL
How do I add my Hotmail email in the Apple Mail program so Mail gathers mail from Hotmail and my regular Verizon mailbox. Thank you In article <b61a9ec1.0307131954.2081de6@posting.google.com>, esther8850@hotmail.com (Ronald) wrote: > How do I add my Hotmail email in the Apple Mail program so Mail > gathers mail from Hotmail and my regular Verizon mailbox. > Thank you In Mail, click on the 'Mail' menu and select preferences. Click on the 'Accounts' tab. Click on 'Add account' and fill in your information. Ronald wrote: > How do I add my Hotmail em...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Unable to Send Mail to Hotmail Accounts
For some reason, recently I have been unable to email any hotmail accounts. I am able to mail yahoo accounts fine. I have copied a test email below. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem? Thanks for any info. -Doug -- echo test | /usr/sbin/sendmail -v myemail@hotmail.com myemail@hotmail.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 www.mydomain.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.8/8.12.8; Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:48:52 -0500 >>> EHLO www.mydomain.com 250-www.mydomain.com Hello localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Windows Live Hotmail Fact Sheet A brief overview of the features and technologies in Windows Live Hotmail.
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/msn/factsheet/hotmail.mspx Windows Live Hotmail Fact Sheet A brief overview of the features and technologies in Windows Live Hotmail. May 2007 Windows Live=E2=84=A2 Hotmail=C2=AE, the successor to MSN=C2=AE Hotmail =E2= =80=94 one of the largest e-mail services in the world with more than 280 million active accounts =E2=80=94 was built from the ground up to enable a safer, more productive and more powerful Web mail experience than previous versions. Windows Live Hotmail offers customers flexible access to their e-mail =E2=80=94 whether via the W...

Email account not listed in the domino directory, no mail database found either. Mail account works!
Hi, One user in our company, asked me to setup her mailbox, so she will be able to access a shared mail account too. This account is used by a couple of other people who belong to the same organizational unit as her. I have her director's permission, but I also have a problem. There is no mail database on the domino server, neither an entry on the domain directory. But that particular account not only it is used, but it also works properly. I'm surely missing something here, but what? Odysseus wrote: > Hi, > One user in our company, asked me to setup her mailbox, so...

Could anybody mail me ECL exe for Windows XP ?
I wanna make some Lisp executables but i don't know anything about building with C++ compilers ? My email is real , and could handle up to 10 MB . thnaks Sim (message (Hello 'simaetan@rock.com) (you :wrote :on '(16 Aug 2005 02:10:55 -0700)) ( s> I wanna make some Lisp executables but i don't know anything about s> building with C++ compilers ? you can find older (about the end of 2004) binary distribution here http://ecls.sourceforge.net/ecl-0.9d.exe (i don't know, maybe there are more fresh ones somewhere) but i suspect if you want to create standalone execu...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

setup a hotmail account in Thunderbird/Mozilla Mail?
how the hell do i set up Mozilla Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird to receive mail from my hotmail account? Micro$hit Outlook sets it up using an HTTP connection to http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp, but both t-bird and Mozilla Mail don't seem to support this option. Has anybody successfully setup MM or t-bird to access a hotmail acct? is this even possible? any help appreciated --Pandora Xero Hotmail Popper does te job, but I have'nt found a solution to synchronize mail client with hotmail server. Izy Server apparently works, but I had a go at it and it did not work for...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Web resources about - Does anybody have a Hotmail account? - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia:Why create an account? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is Wikipedia . You do not have to log in to learn. Almost anyone can edit almost any article at any given time too, but be aware that the ...

The quick and easy way to see whether your Netflix account has been hacked
You’re probably sharing your Netflix account with your loved ones, exes, and their best friends' dads. There’s really nothing wrong with that ...

Google just shut down all the social media accounts for Glass
Google has just shut down the social media accounts that were used to promote Glass, its head-mounted computer, according to 9to5Google . The ...

Google shuts down Glass social media accounts - Business Insider Deutschland
... around to shutting down its social media presence. Justin Sullivan/Getty Images Google Glass. Google has just shut down the social media accounts ...

7 Twitter accounts you should follow for the Super Bowl
Sure, you could just talk to the person sitting next to you at the party. But why limit yourself? From Bill Simmons to Shannon Sharpe, these ...

Feds Can’t Account For $32M In Lost, Stolen Property
15,000 pieces of property each of which is worth $100,000 or less

Inside the incredibly shady world of selling stolen PSN accounts
When I start looking into a story that I know will go much longer than my average Destructoid news post, I like to get as hands-on as possible. ...

Google Play Games no longer needs a Google+ account
... plan to scrub Google+ requirements just went one step further. Sometime this year, Google Play Games will no longer require a Google+ account ...

IRS Still Hunts Offshore Accounts As More Foreign Banks Sign Deals With U.S.
Offshore accounts are becoming transparent everywhere, and the IRS is collecting data. The IRS offshore program window remains open, but for ...