E-Mails with Embedded Graphics in Copy to Self Folder

It is a really great improvement that formatted/RTF E-Mails now
preserve their formatting when put in the Copy to Self folder.
Unfortunately I found out that embedded images
are not preserved. This is annoying when you try to forward an E-Mail
directly out of the
copy to self folder.
Is this characteristic intentional in the new 4.31-Version or did I
overlook something in the configuration of PMAIL?

BTW if a mail is received with embedded images the new version 4.31
allows to directly forward it with all embedded images included. This
is great.

Rolf

0
rolf

On 25 Dec 2005 04:35:43 -0800, rolf@gaebele.de wrote:

>It is a really great improvement that formatted/RTF E-Mails now
>preserve their formatting when put in the Copy to Self folder.
>Unfortunately I found out that embedded images
>are not preserved. This is annoying when you try to forward an E-Mail
>directly out of the
>copy to self folder.
>Is this characteristic intentional in the new 4.31-Version or did I
>overlook something in the configuration of PMAIL?

This is a long-time design decision in Pmail, dating from the time
when disk spce was scarce and expensive.  It arose from the desire to
not store multiple copies of the same attachment.

The way around this behavior is to place your mail address in the
permanent BCC list and turn off the copy-to-self.  Doing this ensures
that you have an exact copy of the outgoing mail with all attachments
intact.

--
Bob Doherty
0
Bob Doherty wrote:

> On 25 Dec 2005 04:35:43 -0800, rolf@gaebele.de wrote:
>

> This is a long-time design decision in Pmail, dating from the time
> when disk spce was scarce and expensive.  It arose from the desire to
> not store multiple copies of the same attachment.
>
> The way around this behavior is to place your mail address in the
> permanent BCC list and turn off the copy-to-self.  Doing this ensures
> that you have an exact copy of the outgoing mail with all attachments
> intact.
>
> Bob Doherty

Hello Bob,
thank you for your reply. My personal feeling is, that the
incorporation of a switch to turn embedded picture storage ON or OFF
would be a better solution.  What do you think about such a feature for
the next version of Pegasus?
Rolf

0
rolf
12/25/2005 2:29:01 PM
On 25 Dec 2005 06:29:01 -0800, rolf@gaebele.de wrote:

>Bob Doherty wrote:
>
>> On 25 Dec 2005 04:35:43 -0800, rolf@gaebele.de wrote:
>>

>> This is a long-time design decision in Pmail, dating from the time
>> when disk spce was scarce and expensive.  It arose from the desire to
>> not store multiple copies of the same attachment.
>>
>> The way around this behavior is to place your mail address in the
>> permanent BCC list and turn off the copy-to-self.  Doing this ensures
>> that you have an exact copy of the outgoing mail with all attachments
>> intact.
>>
>> Bob Doherty
>
>Hello Bob,
>thank you for your reply. My personal feeling is, that the
>incorporation of a switch to turn embedded picture storage ON or OFF
>would be a better solution.  What do you think about such a feature for
>the next version of Pegasus?

I don't see the need.  With the huge amount of disk space generally
available today, unless you have a massive number of attachments, I
don't see the advantage.  Attachments can be manually removed now, if
you really want to -- and yes, I sometimes do this with large
PowerPoint attachments, for example.

I would like to see the ability to store outgoing attacvhemnt's in
copy-to-self without using the BCC hack.

--
Bob Doherty
0
Bob Doherty wrote:

> I would like to see the ability to store outgoing attacvhemnt's in
> copy-to-self without using the BCC hack.

Yes, Bob, this is a recommendation I would strongly support for the
next version of Pegasus.
Rolf

0
rolf

Copying Mail/Folders Between Mail Files
Hi, How do you guys copy mail/folders between mail files? Besides copying and pasting between mail files, surely there has to be an easier way. And no, we don't want the new user using the old mail file. It just seems very annoying it is so difficult to do this. hi there ... i want to say to do that you need to open the mail that you want to copy from and the mail that you want to copy to.. in the domino admin pack .. then jut copy and past then it will work :) you need to enable the full access to yourself on both database ... good luck ...

E-mail recusado
AVISO GERADO AUTOMATICAMENTE WARNING GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY ________________________________________________________________ E-mail com anexos executaveis sao descartados pelo nosso servidor. Se quiser, compacte o arquivo e envie novamente. Maiores detalhes: http://infonib.nib.unicamp.br/aviso-virus.html ________________________________________________________________ E-mail with executables atachments are not allowed in our servers. with you want to send the e-mail, compress it and send it again More details: http://infonib.nib.unicamp.br/virus-warning.html *---------------------------...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

Want to scan pine mail folders for e-mail addresses ... Tips?
A friend's friend suggested this: << this is how i'd do it. output is a sorted, unique list of email addresses in all files in that folder. grep -ho -E "\b[A-Za-z.%+-]+@[A-Za-z.-]+\.[A-Za-z]{2,4}\b" * | sort | uniq >> Tried that and got grep: invalid option -- o Took out the 'o' and got this, which is a start, but not perfect. | sort | uniq for <name@www.alvord.com>; Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:09:26 -0800 for <name@www.alvord.com>; Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:17:41 -0800 for name@alvord.com; for <name@alvord.com>; Fri, 21 Mar 2...

Embedding of Images in Text of PEGASUS E-Mail
Hello dear experts, sometimes I generate E-Mails with PEGASUS (Version 4.21c) with embedded images in the text. When I send them to Outlook / Outlook Express everything works fine. However, when I send the same E-Mail to an E-Mail client with Netscape 7.1 the images only show up as attachments. The images in the text are displayed as empty boxes with an 'x' in the corner. However, E-Mails with embedded images that are generated with Outlook / Outlook Express are displayed correctly when send to a Netscape client. Does anybody know what the reason is for the difference? Than...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

New mail folder / Main mail folder annoyances
I use Pegasus mail 4.21c. Since Pegasus has a seperate "New Mail" folder, I end up having to search some mail in the "New Mail" folder and some mail in the "Main" folder. Not all of the "New Mail" mail can make it to the Main folder. Is there any way of JUST having a Main folder? I just want the newer mail on top of the older one... not two folders. Also, the New Mail folder takes a long time to load, while the Main folder (with much more mail) loads very quickly... So I want to avoid the New Mail folder altogether. Is this corrected in 4....

[blockmail] E-mail bloqueado
O e-mail abaixo indicado foi bloqueado por este servidor, pois cont�m um anexo execut�vel. Arquivos execut�veis s�o potencialmente perigosos por constituir meio de propaga��o de v�rus e worms de e-mail. The following e-mail was blocked by this server because it contains an executable attachment. Executable files are potentially dangerous, as they are used for e-mail virus and worms propagation. Mail headers: Date : Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:27:30 -0300 Subject : Mail Delivery failure (gabicr@grad.icmc.usp.br) From : python-list@python.org Return-Path: <python-list@pytho...

Copy/Paste mail from one mail.box to a new mail.box
Occassionally, we have to allow the server to create new mail boxes on server restart. When we realize we have an issue, we stop Domino, rename the current mail boxes and then new ones get created by the server. We are wondering if there is a tool that would automatically copy and paste the emails in the orginal mail boxes to the new mail boxes. TIA, It must be a dedicated tool, since copying documents to the mail.box is not allowed: It was a potential leak in security. I believe that since version 5 it is changed and copying docs to the mail.box is disabled. greetzz, Dick &...

Mail and restored mails (copied)
Hi, I am currently having a Mac OS X 10.5.2 and restored my older mails from Mac OS X 10.3.9, but many of the mails are now in the mail more than once. How could I remove automatically all mails that are available multiple times so that one will stay? Thanks Lothar ...

Sent mail no longer stored in copy to self folder.
All of a sudden sent mail isn't stored in the defined copy to self folder. I indicated another folder and have the same issue. As I did sent such test to my self, I am sure the mail was really sent. I use 4.31 and I am in multi-user mode. All other users work still ok. I checked the consistency of that folder (was ok) and did a re-indexing as well. Still no cure. Any ideas? -- <a href="http://users.kbc.skynet.be/fi001005">Belgische Ardennen Belges</a> Nu speelt: Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (AccuRadio presents: BRITISH INVASION -- Songs from the...

how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?
thanks! a wrote: ISP & MX > thanks! Anytime Wolfgang ...

Web resources about - E-Mails with Embedded Graphics in Copy to Self Folder - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged , redirected , or deleted . The GNOME Mobile & Embedded ...

Facebook To Page Admins: Link Share Posts Draw More Engagement Than Embedded Links
Facebook’s latest advice to page administrators focused on declining organic reach involves the way they share links . continued… New Career ...

Embedded Posts Now Available to Everyone
We introduced Embedded Posts in July to make it easy for publishers to add any public post from Facebook to their blog or web site. Today, we're ...

Facebook gives embedded posts a visual renovation
Post by ESPN . Facebook rolled out embedded posts last year , and today the company has announced a more aesthetic redesign . Now, photos and ...

Embedded.com (@embedded_com) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Embedded.com @ embedded_com ...

Rich photo experience now in embedded Tweets - Twitter Blogs
Every day, publishers and journalists all over the world share the best of Twitter with their readers by embedding Tweets in their articles. ...

Embedded Timelines - Twitter Developers
Overview Embeddable timelines make it easy to syndicate any public Twitter timeline to your website with one line of code. Just like timelines ...

Embedded Systems Design - LinkedIn
Embedded Systems Design was created specifically to meet the information needs of the senior-level developers who create complex embedded systems. ...

App Store - Embedded Computing Design
Get Embedded Computing Design on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

VIA Embedded booth digital home - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Stylish, discreet digital home automation, security and entertainment solutions on show at the VIA Embedded booth at Computex 2009