Error 216

I am experiencing a consistent error that is due to either Pegasus
Mail or Word Web, or possibly both.

Every time I run Pegasus Mail and while reading some mail look up a
word using Word Web Pro I get a Runtime error 216 at 0914E7E.

This is a reproducible error that does not seem to have any adverse
effects on either program. Yes, I have run a anti-virus program, AVG,
as well as Malwarebyte and neither detected any issues.

I should add this started yesterday when my system software was
upgraded to Windows 10, Anniversary version.

Other software is Pegasus Mail, version 4.71.565 Nov11, 2015, Build
565 and WordWeb Pro, version 8.03a.

Any suggestions?

If possible reply using my email at havant@gmail.com as I don't often
get to this site.

Thanks
Havant
0
havant

On article <m3tfub54do2v48inn14kh35bkefll479gb@4ax.com>,
havant@gmail.com wrote:

> Any suggestions?

My suggestion is to download and install Pegasus Mail Minidump
utility. Once active it'll intercept crashes creating a dumpfile to
be mailed to Beta Testers. Everything is automatic. After that a
member of Beta Testers may contact you after more information. AFAIK
this is the best (and faster) way to report a crash event.

http://idw-doc.homepage.t-online.de/PMUtils/MiniDumpAndSources.zip

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
9/25/2016 5:57:52 PM
Thank you, I'll give it a try. It's not really a crash as both Pegasus
and WordWeb work, but the error message shows up upon exiting Pegasus.

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 14:57:52 -0300, Euler German
<rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid> wrote:

>On article <m3tfub54do2v48inn14kh35bkefll479gb@4ax.com>,
>havant@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

>My suggestion is to download and install Pegasus Mail Minidump
>utility. Once active it'll intercept crashes creating a dumpfile to
>be mailed to Beta Testers. Everything is automatic. After that a
>member of Beta Testers may contact you after more information. AFAIK
>this is the best (and faster) way to report a crash event.
>
>http://idw-doc.homepage.t-online.de/PMUtils/MiniDumpAndSources.zip
0
havant1
9/25/2016 10:51:47 PM
On article <b5lgub9lkhgvcagii4ti5bk9u8qc4njkn8@4ax.com>, havant1
@earthlink.net wrote:

> Thank you, I'll give it a try. It's not really a crash as both Pegasus
> and WordWeb work, but the error message shows up upon exiting Pegasus.

I currently use WordWeb Pro v6.8 along with several of my Windows
applications with no problems at all, but I remember of some hiccups
with WW and Pegasus Mail in the past.

These minor nuisances used to appear upon WW hotkey usage
(Ctrl+Alt+W) or (modifier)-mouse click. These problems were gone for
good after changing hotkeys (to Shift+Alt+D) and to mouse middle-
click, as the default ones were colliding with other application's
hotkeys/mouse clicks. My best bet is that WW loses focus from Pmail,
thus the crash/hiccup.

Maybe you should try modifying your hotkeys/mouse clicks as Minidump
will help only on Pmail crashes.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
9/26/2016 6:43:41 PM
I tried a couple of different combinations and still get the error
after exiting Pegasus. Guess it's something I'll just have to live
with.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:43:41 -0300, Euler German
<rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid> wrote:

>On article <b5lgub9lkhgvcagii4ti5bk9u8qc4njkn8@4ax.com>, havant1
>@earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> Thank you, I'll give it a try. It's not really a crash as both Pegasus
>> and WordWeb work, but the error message shows up upon exiting Pegasus.
>>

>I currently use WordWeb Pro v6.8 along with several of my Windows
>applications with no problems at all, but I remember of some hiccups
>with WW and Pegasus Mail in the past.
>
>These minor nuisances used to appear upon WW hotkey usage
>(Ctrl+Alt+W) or (modifier)-mouse click. These problems were gone for
>good after changing hotkeys (to Shift+Alt+D) and to mouse middle-
>click, as the default ones were colliding with other application's
>hotkeys/mouse clicks. My best bet is that WW loses focus from Pmail,
>thus the crash/hiccup.
>
>Maybe you should try modifying your hotkeys/mouse clicks as Minidump
>will help only on Pmail crashes.
0
havant1
9/26/2016 10:46:42 PM
On article <489jubld0kir4lgpikj414qj7dr09kgb6u@4ax.com>, havant1
@earthlink.net wrote:

> I tried a couple of different combinations and still get the error
> after exiting Pegasus. Guess it's something I'll just have to live
> with.

This runtime error has been connected to problems with Internet
Explorer (Edge?) or its components. Which HTML renderer are you
using, IERenderer or BearHTML? If prior, try disabling it from the
menu and see what happens.

You can also try disabling AVG real-time scan for awhile and see if
it helps. Pegasus Mail writes to several control files upon shutdown
and needs full write permission. Sometimes AV real-time scan
interferes with file writing which results in error messages.

I'm still on WinXP so I can't reproduce your full scenario here.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
9/27/2016 6:10:33 PM
I'm using BearHTML. I just tried it with AVG suspended and still got
the error.

Since it started after the Anniversery update of Win 10, it must be
something in that update. I guess at some point either Pegasus or
WordWeb will get bug reports from others and address the problem.

Harry

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:10:33 -0300, Euler German