Exporting old mails from Pegasus 3.xx?

Hi there,

i�ve an old pegasus 3.xx installation saved in one seperate directory,
since the old harddisk was crashed and I can resolve the most data.

After inserting a new harddrive I install pegasus (at that time also a
3.xx version) newly. In the past months I frequently updated to the
actually v4.31

Now i want to get these old mails and import it into the actual running
pegasus version. But, how can I import these mails? There�s no export mail
function (or: I didn�t found one), only one opened mail can be saved as a
ASCII-file.

My first idea was, sent all old mails to my provider and get them back
with the new version. But, the date is incorrect then, the sender is not
any longe the original one and my provider aborts after 50 mails assume
that I send spam.

Copying the folder structure into the new pegasus will also fail, because
the folder is not really o.k. - but pegasus can open every mail in it
without errors.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Juergen

J�rgen van Radecke wrote on 15 jan 2006 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> i�ve an old pegasus 3.xx installation saved in one seperate directory,
> since the old harddisk was crashed and I can resolve the most data.
>
> After inserting a new harddrive I install pegasus (at that time also a
> 3.xx version) newly. In the past months I frequently updated to the
> actually v4.31
>
> Now i want to get these old mails and import it into the actual
> running pegasus version. But, how can I import these mails? There�s no
> export mail function (or: I didn�t found one), only one opened mail
> can be saved as a ASCII-file.
>
> My first idea was, sent all old mails to my provider and get them back
> with the new version. But, the date is incorrect then, the sender is
> not any longe the original one and my provider aborts after 50 mails
> assume that I send spam.
>
> Copying the folder structure into the new pegasus will also fail,
> because the folder is not really o.k. - but pegasus can open every
> mail in it without errors.

Use Menu -> Folders -> 'Add mailbox to list'.
[only visible if the folders window is open]

Then move the old folders or seperate groups of messages into the new
structure at will.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

> Copying the folder structure into the new pegasus will also fail,
> because the folder is not really o.k. - but pegasus can open every
> mail in it without errors.

This doesn't make sense. If Pegasus can open every mail, how is the
folder "not really o.k."?

Just copy the old folder (both PMI and PMM files) into the current mail
directory, and Pegasus should see the folder when you next open it.

Any CNM files are mails in the New Mail folder - they can be copied to
the new installation, too.
0
Nil

>> Copying the folder structure into the new pegasus will also fail,
>> because the folder is not really o.k. - but pegasus can open every
>> mail in it without errors.
>
> This doesn't make sense. If Pegasus can open every mail, how is the
> folder "not really o.k."?

There�s always a error message, but I use the german translation so I
don�t know the english one correct. And, because this is not the hint I
need, I no longer search for the error message, I found myself a good way.

Thanx, Juergen

0
Juergen

>> Copying the folder structure into the new pegasus will also fail,
>> because the folder is not really o.k. - but pegasus can open every
>> mail in it without errors.
>
> Use Menu -> Folders -> 'Add mailbox to list'.
> [only visible if the folders window is open]
>
> Then move the old folders or seperate groups of messages into the new
> structure at will.

Thank you, this was the final hint I need.

But, I discover a problem doing this, perhabs it�s interesting for other
or for a FAQ.

When doing this, it�s important, that the filenames (FOLxxxxx.PMI and
FOLxxxxx.PMM) for the pegasus-mail-folders are different. If not, a lot of
funny things happens.

First I try your hint I�m very disappointed because after adding the old
folder structure a few of my actual folders disappears and not all of the
added folders are shown.
Linking the path in PMAIL.CFG on the old structure shows all old folders.

So I think, it�s neccessary to rename the new folders, because old and new
foldernames are equal (I use the same names for years). But this doesn�t
help.

Finally - in BOTH structures using different PMAIL.CFG files - I have to
create new folders with unique names, copy all messages from the old
folder to the new
one, doing this with all folders - in both structures.

Now I can add as named in your hint the old folder structure, copy the
desired messages, restart pegasus and all works fine.

Thanx!

Regards, Juergen

PS: Please excuse my english...

0
Juergen

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Retrieving old mail in pegasus
I recently reformatted my computer but not before i saved some stuff on another harddrive. I put the pegasusmail folder back in program files and my pmail/mail folder back to where it was in the old hard drive. However, when i open pegasusmail i get no inbox and no saved messages. I would like to get the mails i had before. is this possible? V KIM <azui@verizon.net> organized electrons in article news:xYOLc.16871$W86.12743@nwrdny03.gnilink.net that appeared as follows: > I recently reformatted my computer but not before i saved some stuff > on another harddrive....

Pegasus mail export to Thunderbird
Hi all, Thought I'd share my experiences on the subject. I downloaded mailconv, written by Stephen Knight (http://www.dragon-it.co.uk/pegasus.htm and other sources). Pointed it to the correct folders, exported Pega to Eudora. Fired up TB and imported the Eudora folders. Got errors on empty ones. Imported folders are nicely stored in Local Folders/Eudora Mail. Downside is that any Pega folder/tray structure is lost. GrtnX, NBI [POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] In <LImdnS_m2-fbxUHcRVnyjg@casema.nl> on Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:13...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Web resources about - Exporting old mails from Pegasus 3.xx? - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Gas Exporting Countries Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum ( GECF ) is an intergovernmental organization of 11 of the world's leading natural gas producers made up of ...

Facebook Updates Comments Box Plugin With Comment Exporting and Larger News Feed Stories
Facebook today released several updates to the newest version of its Comments Box social plugin for third party websites that will increase the ...

Lower dollar a boon for Canberra's wine exporting king
It may mean more expensive holidays for some, but one ACT registered company has enjoyed a profitable time thanks to the sharp fall in the Australian ...

Irish plant shut for exporting horsemeat

New online freight marketplace Cargohound aims to be the Uber of exporting
Cargo Hound wants to revolutionise the way goods are shipped from Australia.

Exporting the desperate; out of sight ... and mind
The boats have stopped, the point's been made, so why continue to treat those already ''here'' with such unconscionable cruelty?

Meat market: Andrew Forrest sees fortune in exporting beef to China
China is so desperate for good beef that Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest will be taking sample parcels of steak in his luggage on his next ...

Exporting carbon and hypocrisy: our big growth industry
Never mind our modest cuts to local emissions, new research shows Australia is heading into a carbon export boom.

Montreal men accused of illegally exporting railway equipment to Iran
Two Montreal men are charged with illegally exporting American-made railway equipment to Iran, violating Canada's Export and Import Permit Act ...

Canada's Most Unequal Provinces: Energy Exporting Regions See Growing Inequality
StatsCan’s new survey of top income taxfilers shows the country’s one-percenters are taking home slightly less of the national income pie than ...