How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??

All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I
got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing
all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or
import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated.

0
Bookworm14

I have recently gone thru the same exercise.  Though my older version
of Pegasus was not markedly older.  I would think twice - or more -
about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example!

In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data
on my second D drive in 'Pmail'.

You have to tell Pegasus, once you set up & install the new version,
where your data is located.

There is a little DOS program called Pconfig.exe in your Pegasus
program folder.  Double click or run Pconfig from Command Line.  Hit
Enter to select the Standalone Configuration & change the new mailbox
location to your folder of existing mail.  Put the ~N back on end of
line & say N to Gateway question, exit back to main box & exit from
program, saving settings.

Pegasus should now find all your old mail & life moves on !

To avoid any snafus I would ensure I had a copy of all your mail data
just in case.

- Art

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:42:22 -0500, "Bookworm14"
<marti@friendlycity.net> wrote:

>All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I
>got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing
>all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or
>import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated.

0
Art
1/3/2004 4:01:02 PM
"Bookworm14" <marti@friendlycity.net> wrote in

> All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of
> Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old
> hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't
> find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4.
> Suggestions appreciated.

Each mail folder in Pegasus Mail is a pair of files on your hard disk,
with the same name and the extensions .PMM and .PMI.  Simply copy or move
these files from your old hard disk into the directory that is now
configured as your Home Mailbox location in Pegasus Mail.  If you need to
know what directory is your Home Mailbox, do Help::About... and click on
the button labelled "Info".  You will see two lines that read:

Home mailbox location: <some path>
New mailbox location: <some path>

This is where your home mailbox is located in your new Pegasus Mail
installation.

Alternately, in Pegasus Mail do the Folders::Add Mailbox to List menu
command, and specify the directory on your old hard disk where your old
Pegasus Mail mail folders are located.

Cheers
GRB

Greg R. Broderick                 [rot13] terto@oynpxubyvb.qlaqaf.bet
                                  [rot13] tnalzrqr@fcrnxrnfl.arg
A. Top posters.
Greg

Transfering my old Eudora e-mail (on XP) to Windows 7 computer
I have replaced my Windows XP computer with a computer running Windows 7. On my XP computer the Eudora Program was loaded onto the programs area and the data (mbx. toc, etc) were in Application Data area. The file system in Windows 7, is somewhat different. I loaded the program on the program area. I then loaded data on the users area/application data. Apparently, the program is not recognizing the material in the users area/application data. How can I get the Eudora 7.1.9 which installed perfectly, to access the data. Should I place the program and the data in the same Eudo...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Web resources about - How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP?? - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Talk:Asynchronous Transfer Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers , computing , and information ...

Transfer Window Live 20/01: Byram 'Done'; Swansea Enquire About Allen; Chelsea ...
90min Transfer Window Live 20/01: Byram 'Done'; Swansea Enquire About Allen; Chelsea ... 90min Hammers co-chairman David Sullivan told Sky ...

White House Still Alleging Pentagon Is Slowing Gitmo Transfers, SecDef Denies It
White House Still Alleging Pentagon Is Slowing Gitmo Transfers, SecDef Denies It

FIFA transfer regulations: Article 19
Article 19 of FIFA's regulations on the status and transfer of players is designed to protect minors.

Mobile Technology Could Ease Frustration With Money Transfers
More than 83 percent of Amdocs survey respondents showed a strong willingness to use their mobile phone as a means of sending money internationally. ...

FidelityVoice: An All-In-One Wealth Transfer Checklist
... in talking about your estate plan—and avoidance is a common reaction. Nonetheless, talking with family members about plans to protect and transfer ...

Dan River Region real estate transfers
Dan River Region real estate transfers GoDanRiver.com Nancy Pretty Farley and Mary Beth Pretty Sullivan to Richard J. Pretty, 2/3 interest ...

Arsenal Transfer News: Barcelona Target Ramsey, Koscielny Reveals Interest
... Barcelona in summer. Aaron Ramsey has ignited rumors of his plans to quit Premier League side Arsenal for Barcelona in summer with a transfer ...

The veteran transfer who provides leadership for young Johnnies
Durand Johnson committed to St. John’s knowing his college career likely would not have a fairy-tale ending. An NCAA Tournament wasn’t going ...