How to view html content in pegasus?

I am a newbie to Pegasus, having used calypso before.
I am unable to view properly email containing html from online
vendors.
I have gone thru options several times trying to look for a setting
that will enable this but in vain.
Does anyone know where the option is? Or is this not supported by
pegasus?
TIA

Kuze

Kuze laid this down on his screen :
> I am a newbie to Pegasus, having used calypso before.
> I am unable to view properly email containing html from online
> vendors.
> I have gone thru options several times trying to look for a setting
> that will enable this but in vain.
> Does anyone know where the option is? Or is this not supported by
> pegasus?
> TIA

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy
> via Encryption =----
The principle of PMail is to protect from malicious aspects, like
displaying pictures which could contain a virus/trojan.
In the options I choosed to display the fancy message if possible, but
Pmail will not get and display pictures of a message, as there is an
exposure. Instead a grey area is displayed.
If you click on such a gray area, you will be able to open the link in
a browser, but you will get a warning message, that you have to take a
risk.

--
Belges</a>
Nu speelt: Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (AccuRadio presents: BRITISH INVASION -- Songs from the U.K. during the 60s: Beatles, Stones, Hollies, Petula Clark, Zombies, Dave Clark Five)

0
Bernard
4/15/2005 11:44:04 PM
In article <dai061dbuif4t4inqm41fp88a5mt6400i6@4ax.com>, Kuze says...
> I am unable to view properly email containing html from online
> vendors.

If you haven't found the HTML viewer yet, it's on the read-window along
the top. Find the toolbar icon that says VIEW and it will swap you between
plain text and html.

If you already did find it, note that Pegasus does NOT fully display any
html that is not self-contained in the message you received. For example,
if the html includes pictures or sounds that are "out there" on the
internet, but not actually included in the message file itself, Pegasus
will display a gray box. This is intentional. This type of thing is
exactly what makes Microsoft Outlook so riddled with security holes.
People open an html message in Outlook, which contains a link to an
external activeX or executable program, and before they know what hit
them, their system is invaded by a trojan. Pegasus does not retrieve any
external content at all, which prevents this kind of security breech.

If you wish, you may SAVE the html message from the Pegasus reader. Save
it wherever you like; your desktop, perhaps. Give it an extension of .html
and then double-click on it. Your web browser will open and you can read
the whole thing, nice and pretty. Just be sure you only do this with
messages from people you know, and that you trust to have thoroughly
verified that the html message does not contain any nasty links to
external content.

Frisco
0
Frisco
4/16/2005 3:43:34 AM
On 15 Apr 2005, Frisco <buscame@theinter.net> wrote in

> If you wish, you may SAVE the html message from the Pegasus
> reader. Save it wherever you like; your desktop, perhaps. Give it
> an extension of .html and then double-click on it. Your web
> browser will open and you can read the whole thing, nice and
> pretty.

You don't have to go through all that. Just right-click on the message
window and choose "Open in web browser".

All words of caution apply. In general, you should avoid html emails
containing linked images.
0
Nil
4/16/2005 5:07:53 AM
In article <Xns963AB7EA1EFEnilch1@216.196.97.136>, Nil says...
> You don't have to go through all that. Just right-click on the message
> window and choose "Open in web browser".

Will wonders never cease? Thank you. I'm so used to the old days when
Pegasus didn't deal with html at all that I never thought to look for an
easier way now that it does.

Frisco
0
Frisco

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Pegasus Mail and Content Control
Does Pegasus Mail scan the HTML code in multipart mail messages? I find that Spam messages that are multipart and have a blank text portion with the spam message all in the HTML part do not get rejected by the content control filter regardless of how many of the trigger words are in the HTML text. I tried an experiment; I changed the content control to recognise some of the words in the Subject of a spam e-mail and then re-sent the message to myself. The Pegasus content control found the words in the Subject but none of the words in the HTML. Can anyone suggest how I can get content ...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

HTML renderer replacement for Pegasus Mail published
Please go to <http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/24153.aspx> for details. Michael -- PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/> S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5 5e 5b From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de> | Please go to <http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/24153.aspx> for | details. Michael: Bear HTML's limited rendering can be considering a security factor. Why use IE and what is the minimum vers...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

how to forward email with html content in pegasus 3.12c
When I forward email with html, the recipient gets email as text with printed html code I am using pegasus 3.12c. How can I forward the email so the recipient is able to read the email in a browser window? Thanks for your assistance, George Author <list@exit7.net> wrote on 07 Oct 2015 in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms- windows: > When I forward email with html, the recipient gets email as text with > printed html code As "printed" html code can only be received with snail-mail [or perhaps fax], I suppose you mean your forward only contains the text-v...

Pegasus Mail for Windows reading PM Dos version mailboxes
Hello, We are considering going from the DOS based Pegasus Mail (we have version 3.4) to the Windows version of PM. Our mailboxes are currently stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are there any issues that might be involved in converting or using both the DOS and Windows versions simultaneously? Two the two versions use the same mailbox format? TIA Mike McWhinney elja, Inc. On 2 Feb 2006 15:41:18 -0800, eljainc@sbcglobal.net <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are > t...

Web resources about - How to view html content in pegasus? - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Pegasus (rocket) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Three main stages burning solid propellant provide the thrust. It flies as a rocket-powered aircraft before leaving the atmosphere. The Pegasus ...

Pegasus (@pegasustreet) on Twitter

Pegasus In The Rough - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The #3 KC-46 out in the fuel dock and receiving more work for the flight test program before she takes flight. ©2014 Paul Carter All Rights Reserved ...

ASUS Pegasus X002 teaser - YouTube
More China phones, tablet and other gadgets news and review, please visit: http://www.gizmochina.com Follow us Facebook: https://www.faceboo ...

Canberra's Pegasus riding school hopes tack sale will help troubled finances
Canberra's much loved disabled riding school is holding its first ever tack and&nbsp;treasure fundraiser as it faces looming financial uncertainties. ...

The Complex Identity of the Archetypal Hero: A Fictional Treatise with Unicorn Pegasus Kittens
... John Scalzi announced a contest for stories describing this image , which shows ex-Star-Trek star Wil Wheaton riding a winged unicorn pegasus ...

ASUS unveils the Pegasus 2 Plus smartphone – 5.5-inch display, 3GB of RAM, 13MP camera
ASUS on Saturday announced a new smartphone called the Pegasus 2 Plus X550, which brings some decent specifications to the table for what will ...

modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest modern combat 2: black pegasus Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus
Free Download Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus BerryReview Not so much with Robert Scoble in particular, but with Silicon ...

Pegasus Warning releasing EP, playing NYC tonight
by Andrew Sacher Pegasus Warning at Brooklyn Bowl in October (more by Sarah Gainer) Pegasus Warning (aka NYC musician Guillermo E. Brown) is ...