HTML renderer replacement for Pegasus Mail published

Please go to <http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/24153.aspx> for
details.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>

From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>

| Please go to <http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/24153.aspx> for
| details.

Michael:

Bear HTML's limited rendering can be considering a security factor.  Why use IE and what
is the minimum version ?

Why not use Netscape/Mozilla HTML rendering now ?

--
Dave

David
7/11/2010 11:19:42 AM
Am 11.07.2010, 13:19 Uhr, schrieb David H. Lipman
<DLipman~nospam~@verizon.net>:

> From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>
>
> | Please go to <http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/24153.aspx> for
> | details.
>
> Michael:
>
> Bear HTML's limited rendering can be considering a security factor.  Why
> use IE and what
> is the minimum version ?
>
> Why not use Netscape/Mozilla HTML rendering now ?

Please read the announcement linked to above.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
7/12/2010 10:02:44 PM
From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>

| Am 11.07.2010, 13:19 Uhr, schrieb David H. Lipman
| <DLipman~nospam~@verizon.net>:

>> From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>

>> | Please go to <http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/24153.aspx> for
>> | details.

>> Michael:

>> Bear HTML's limited rendering can be considering a security factor.  Why
>> use IE and what
>> is the minimum version ?

>> Why not use Netscape/Mozilla HTML rendering now ?

| Please read the announcement linked to above.

I did, then replied -- here.

--
Dave

David
7/12/2010 10:57:03 PM
Am 13.07.2010, 00:57 Uhr, schrieb David H. Lipman
<DLipman~nospam~@verizon.net>:

> From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>
>
> | Am 11.07.2010, 13:19 Uhr, schrieb David H. Lipman
> | <DLipman~nospam~@verizon.net>:
>
>>> From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>

>>> for
>
>>> Michael:
>
>>> Bear HTML's limited rendering can be considering a security factor.
>>> Why
>>> use IE and what
>>> is the minimum version ?
>
>>> Why not use Netscape/Mozilla HTML rendering now ?
>
> | Please read the announcement linked to above.
>

> I did, then replied -- here.

The answers are in there, there's nothing more to say.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
7/13/2010 3:27:11 PM
 "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de> wrote:

> The answers are in there, there's nothing more to say.

The only thing there is a note saying the conversation was taken private.
Those of us who choose Usenet are not interested in your web pages or
private conversations.  Referring to those sources is a complete waste of
time.
0
Palisade
7/13/2010 5:28:31 PM
Am 11.07.2010, 12:55 Uhr, schrieb Michael in der Wiesche
<---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:

There's a more important update availabe at
<http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
8/8/2010 10:48:50 AM
On article <op.vg38bof7mp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
Wiesche wrote:

> Am 11.07.2010, 12:55 Uhr, schrieb Michael in der Wiesche
> <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:
>
> There's a more important update availabe at
> <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>
>

> 					Michael

Michael,

I installed your extension today and will evaluate it in the
forthcoming months. Shall I expect any crashes? If yes, I'd reinstall
Minidump to keep you posted. Thanks.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
8/17/2010 8:09:53 PM
Am 17.08.2010, 22:09 Uhr, schrieb Euler German
<rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>:

> On article <op.vg38bof7mp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
> Wiesche wrote:
>

>> Am 11.07.2010, 12:55 Uhr, schrieb Michael in der Wiesche
>> <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:
>>
>> There's a more important update availabe at
>> <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>
>>

>> 					Michael
>
> Michael,
>
> I installed your extension today and will evaluate it in the
> forthcoming months. Shall I expect any crashes? If yes, I'd reinstall
> Minidump to keep you posted. Thanks.

I don't think so, but you never know ...

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
8/19/2010 2:50:20 PM
On 08 Aug 2010, "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>
wrote in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Am 11.07.2010, 12:55 Uhr, schrieb Michael in der Wiesche
><---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:
>
> There's a more important update availabe at
><http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>

Michael, I discovered one big advantage to your HTML renderer.
Pegasus has always run dog slow on my el cheapo HP netbook, running
Windows 7. Opening any message was taking 5 or 6 seconds every time.
I installed your rendered a couple of days ago, and suddenly,
Pegasus runs quite snappy - messages open up right away! I display
messages in plain format by default, so I didn't consider that it
was BearHTML that was slowing things down. I had been assuming it
was just that the netbook is slow in general.

I don't notice this effect on my other computers which run Windows
XP and Vista, so I guess it's an issue or interaction with either
the netbook or Win7.
0
Nil
8/27/2010 6:28:54 PM
On article <Xns9DE193513A3B7nilch1@130.133.4.11>, Nil wrote:

> On 08 Aug 2010, "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>
> wrote in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
> > Am 11.07.2010, 12:55 Uhr, schrieb Michael in der Wiesche
> ><---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:
> >
> > There's a more important update availabe at
> ><http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>
>
> Michael, I discovered one big advantage to your HTML renderer.
> Pegasus has always run dog slow on my el cheapo HP netbook, running
> Windows 7. Opening any message was taking 5 or 6 seconds every time.
> I installed your rendered a couple of days ago, and suddenly,
> Pegasus runs quite snappy - messages open up right away! I display
> messages in plain format by default, so I didn't consider that it
> was BearHTML that was slowing things down. I had been assuming it
> was just that the netbook is slow in general.

This Pmail slow opening thing is mostly related to printer drivers,
specially when over LAN. I also installed IEControl here and didn't
notice any speed improvement.

Please note that you can exchange renderers (de)selecting IEControl's
"Use IEControl" menu option (icon in toolbar), so it's easy to
compare.

[...]

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
8/29/2010 11:34:49 PM
On 29 Aug 2010, Euler German <rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>
wrote in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> This Pmail slow opening thing is mostly related to printer
> drivers, specially when over LAN. I also installed IEControl here
> and didn't notice any speed improvement.

Yes, you are right. The default printer on this computer had been a
network printer, and opening messages was annoyingly slow. I had
forgotten that I had changed the default to another local printer, so I
mistakenly attributed the speed-up to the new HTML renderer. After
playing around with various combinations of default printers and HTML
renderers, see that it was the printer issue all along.

The printer issue has been a pain in the butt for years. It's the one
thing about Pegasus that I consider to be just plain wrong, rather than
a quirky design decision. I wish Mr. Harris would fix it, but after all
this time, I don't expect him to.
0
Nil
8/31/2010 5:35:29 AM
Am 31.08.2010, 07:35 Uhr, schrieb Nil <rednoise@removethiscomcast.net>:

> The printer issue has been a pain in the butt for years. It's the one
> thing about Pegasus that I consider to be just plain wrong, rather than
> a quirky design decision. I wish Mr. Harris would fix it, but after all
> this time, I don't expect him to.

It isn't exactly David Harris' decision as it's the third party TER module
(RTF editor and reader for all plain text messages) using printer the
current driver for adjusting text rendering.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
8/31/2010 2:21:04 PM
On 31 Aug 2010, "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>
wrote in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> It isn't exactly David Harris' decision as it's the third party
> TER module  (RTF editor and reader for all plain text messages)
> using printer the  current driver for adjusting text rendering.

I guess that must be true, as they've been saying it for years, but it
still annoys me and I can't help grumbling about it occasionally. I
should never be necessary to alter a major part of your system's
configuration (changing your default printer, which impacts nearly
every other application) in order to accommodate a simple email
program. It's one of the issues that made me quit participating in the
Pmail mailing list - the "official support team" refused to admit that
it was a problem.
0
Nil
8/31/2010 10:17:51 PM
Am 01.09.2010, 00:17 Uhr, schrieb Nil <rednoise@removethiscomcast.net>:

> I guess that must be true, as they've been saying it for years, but it
> still annoys me and I can't help grumbling about it occasionally. I
> should never be necessary to alter a major part of your system's
> configuration (changing your default printer, which impacts nearly
> every other application) in order to accommodate a simple email
> program.

Did you ever try the "Specific printer" option?

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
8/31/2010 11:34:48 PM
Another update is available at

<http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
9/13/2010 7:35:13 PM
Another more important update is available at

<http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
10/4/2010 6:31:11 PM
This one (Version 2.2.0.0) may be the final release (except for possible
bug fixes, of course):

<http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
10/23/2010 11:06:18 AM
On article <op.vk0zsstsmp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
Wiesche wrote:

> This one (Version 2.2.0.0) may be the final release (except for possible
> bug fixes, of course):
>
> <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>
>

> 					Michael

Michael,

Just to mention that zoom "<" and ">" keys' action are shifted. Hope
this is not an IE feature. ;)

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
11/11/2010 6:12:09 PM
Am 11.11.2010, 19:12 Uhr, schrieb Euler German
<rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>:

> Michael,
>
> Just to mention that zoom "<" and ">" keys' action are shifted. Hope
> this is not an IE feature. ;)

Shifted compared to what?

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
11/11/2010 7:46:49 PM
Am 23.10.2010, 13:06 Uhr, schrieb Michael in der Wiesche
<---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:

> This one (Version 2.2.0.0) may be the final release (except for possible
> bug fixes, of course):

Spoke to soon, another new version (2.3.0.0) is available providing some
important fixes and enhancements:

<http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
11/11/2010 11:35:21 PM
On article <op.vl0ukbzvmp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
Wiesche wrote:

> Am 11.11.2010, 19:12 Uhr, schrieb Euler German
> <rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>:
>
> > Michael,
> >
> > Just to mention that zoom "<" and ">" keys' action are shifted. Hope
> > this is not an IE feature. ;)
>

> Shifted compared to what?
>
> 					Michael

"<" zooms in; ">" zooms out.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
11/12/2010 5:07:22 PM
Am 12.11.2010, 18:07 Uhr, schrieb Euler German
<rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>:

> On article <op.vl0ukbzvmp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
> Wiesche wrote:
>

>> Am 11.11.2010, 19:12 Uhr, schrieb Euler German
>> <rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>:
>>
>> > Michael,
>> >
>> > Just to mention that zoom "<" and ">" keys' action are shifted. Hope
>> > this is not an IE feature. ;)
>>

>> Shifted compared to what?
>>
>> 					Michael
>
> "<" zooms in; ">" zooms out.

Which is as it is supposed to be, does anyone or anywhere tell different?
Guess I don't get it ...

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
11/12/2010 5:46:01 PM
On article <op.vl2jmzi0mp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
Wiesche wrote:

> Am 12.11.2010, 18:07 Uhr, schrieb Euler German
> <rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>:
>

> > On article <op.vl0ukbzvmp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
> > Wiesche wrote:

> >> Shifted compared to what?
> >>
> >> 					Michael
> >
> > "<" zooms in; ">" zooms out.
>

> Which is as it is supposed to be, does anyone or anywhere tell different?
> Guess I don't get it ...
>
> 					Michael

Well, I think "greater than" better fits more zoom, bigger (and "less
than" likewise). Never mind. I rather use Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
11/12/2010 8:53:33 PM
Am 12.11.2010, 21:53 Uhr, schrieb Euler German
<rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>:

>> > "<" zooms in; ">" zooms out.
>>

>> Which is as it is supposed to be, does anyone or anywhere tell
>> different?
>> Guess I don't get it ...
>>
>> 					Michael
>
> Well, I think "greater than" better fits more zoom, bigger (and "less
> than" likewise). Never mind. I rather use Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown.

Well, from a graphical view (at least for us left to right
readers/writers) it looks better the way it is to me ... I would have
preferred using +/-, of course, like browsers and image applications do,
but Pegasus Mail already uses these for navgation purposes (including the
Ctrl-key variants).

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
11/13/2010 1:56:04 AM
Am 12.11.2010, 00:35 Uhr, schrieb Michael in der Wiesche
<---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:

> Spoke to soon, another new version (2.3.0.0) is available providing some
> important fixes and enhancements:
>

> <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>

There's another "follow-up" available fixing some remaining issues.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
11/17/2010 7:08:32 PM
On article <op.vmbwsihtmp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
Wiesche wrote:

> Am 12.11.2010, 00:35 Uhr, schrieb Michael in der Wiesche
> <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:
>
> > Spoke to soon, another new version (2.3.0.0) is available providing some
> > important fixes and enhancements:
> >

> > <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx>
>

> There's another "follow-up" available fixing some remaining issues.
>

> 					Michael

Michael, do you think IERenderer could render a HTML attachment like
a multi-part message? I use to get messages like these, where HTML
data is sent apart as an attachment.

I'm not sure but looks like some clients (OL/OLX) have the ability to
open this sort of data in-line. I rather view HTML using a renderer
than opening it in a browser.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
11/17/2010 8:07:53 PM
Am 17.11.2010, 21:07 Uhr, schrieb Euler German
<rstrezna.hfrarg@znvyahyy.invalid>:

> Michael, do you think IERenderer could render a HTML attachment like
> a multi-part message? I use to get messages like these, where HTML
> data is sent apart as an attachment.
>
> I'm not sure but looks like some clients (OL/OLX) have the ability to
> open this sort of data in-line. I rather view HTML using a renderer
> than opening it in a browser.

I don't think I understand, can you forward a sample?

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
11/18/2010 10:51:23 PM
On article <op.vmd1rxpomp39z2@news.t-online.de>, Michael in der
Wiesche wrote:

> Re: HTML renderer replacement for Pegasus Mail published

Sending via eMail.

--
Kind regards,
Euler German

Please, reply preferably to the list.
Due to spam I'm filtering-out GoogleGroups. Sorry. :(
0
Euler
11/19/2010 6:02:42 PM
FYI: Since IERenderer is now part of the official Pegasus Mail
distribution (4.61 and later, see <http://www.pmail.com/v46x.htm>) it
cannot be installed separately on previous versions anymore (due to some
interface changes). It's still available as a separate download at
<http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/24153.aspx>, though, as I will
(need to) continue providing fixes and adjustments in time as required. A
reason for already doing so just now is the imminent release of IE 9 as I
didn't want to delay the current Pegasus Mail release any longer. IOW:
After installing Pegasus Mail 4.61 it might be a good idea to update
IERenderer once again (it also fixes some issues not related to IE 9).

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
2/23/2011 12:10:31 PM
On 23 Feb 2011, "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>
wrote in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> FYI: Since IERenderer is now part of the official Pegasus Mail
> distribution (4.61 and later, see <http://www.pmail.com/v46x.htm>)
> it  cannot be installed separately on previous versions anymore
> (due to some  interface changes). It's still available as a
> separate download at
><http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/24153.aspx>, though, as I
>will
> (need to) continue providing fixes and adjustments in time as
> required. A  reason for already doing so just now is the imminent
> release of IE 9 as I  didn't want to delay the current Pegasus
> Mail release any longer. IOW:  After installing Pegasus Mail 4.61
> it might be a good idea to update  IERenderer once again (it also
> fixes some issues not related to IE 9).

Thanks for the notice about the renderer, and especially thanks for
letting me know there was a new version of Pegasus! I wasn't aware of
that.
0
Nil
2/24/2011 5:59:22 AM
"Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:

> Since IERenderer is now part of the official Pegasus Mail
> distribution (4.61 and later

"A key feature of Pegasus Mail is that it does not use the HTML layout
engine that is installed with every Microsoft operating system since
1997: The ubiquity of the Microsoft engine, which is used not only by
all Microsoft products but by numerous 3rd party products as well,
makes it a frequent target of malware (...). Mail clients such as
Pegasus Mail that have their own HTML rendering engine are inherently
immune to these security exploits. Pegasus Mail will also not execute
automation commands (for example ActiveX or JavaScript) embedded in an
e-mail, further reducing the chances of a security breach."
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_Mail#Development_status_of_Pegasus_Mail>

So, why now?

Yrrah
0
Yrrah
2/24/2011 12:37:54 PM
Am 24.02.2011, 13:37 Uhr, schrieb Yrrah <Yrrah-acf@acf.invalid>:

> So, why now?

Because times are changing, see
<http://community.pmail.com/forums/post/24146.aspx>.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
2/24/2011 4:04:56 PM
"Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:

>  IERenderer

I don't trust it and don't want it. How can it be turned off
permanently? I only want the BearHTML renderer.

Yrrah
0
Yrrah
2/24/2011 7:03:41 PM
From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>

| Am 24.02.2011, 13:37 Uhr, schrieb Yrrah <Yrrah-acf@acf.invalid>:

>> So, why now?

| Because times are changing, see
| <http://community.pmail.com/forums/post/24146.aspx>.

How do we switch back to BearHTML in v4.62 ?

--
Dave
Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
2/24/2011 9:37:24 PM
On 24 Feb 2011, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote
in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> How do we switch back to BearHTML in v4.62 ?

De-select the "Use IERenerer" check box.

0
Nil
2/24/2011 10:10:30 PM
From: "Nil" <rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net>

| On 24 Feb 2011, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote
| in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

>> How do we switch back to BearHTML in v4.62 ?

| De-select the "Use IERenerer" check box.

Didn't work.  Got an error.

Closed PMail and restarted then tried to deselect the "Use IERenderer".  Same error.

Disabled preview then tried to deselect the "Use IERenderer".  Same error.

Tried Folder Options --> deselect Preview mode then tried to deselect the "Use
IERenderer".  Same error.

--
Dave
Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
2/24/2011 10:20:10 PM
Am 24.02.2011, 23:20 Uhr, schrieb David H. Lipman
<DLipman~nospam~@verizon.net>:

> Didn't work.  Got an error.
>
> Closed PMail and restarted then tried to deselect the "Use IERenderer".
> Same error.
>
> Disabled preview then tried to deselect the "Use IERenderer".  Same
> error.
>
> Tried Folder Options --> deselect Preview mode then tried to deselect
> the "Use
> IERenderer".  Same error.

What error? Go to the uninstall control panel page and uninstall the
renderer if you can't disable it any other way.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
2/24/2011 10:42:45 PM
From: "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>

| Am 24.02.2011, 23:20 Uhr, schrieb David H. Lipman
| <DLipman~nospam~@verizon.net>:

>> Didn't work.  Got an error.

>> Closed PMail and restarted then tried to deselect the "Use IERenderer".
>> Same error.

>> Disabled preview then tried to deselect the "Use IERenderer".  Same
>> error.

>> Tried Folder Options --> deselect Preview mode then tried to deselect
>> the "Use
>> IERenderer".  Same error.

| What error? Go to the uninstall control panel page and uninstall the
| renderer if you can't disable it any other way.

Dialogue Box:

"IErenderer 2.4.0.3
Please try again after closing all reader windows and the folder manager!"

--
Dave
Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
2/24/2011 11:08:46 PM
Nil <rednoise@REMOVETHIScomcast.net>:

> > How do we switch back to BearHTML in v4.62 ?
>
> De-select the "Use IERenderer" check box.

Where in the 'Options' is such a setting.

Yrrah
0
Yrrah
2/24/2011 11:16:25 PM
> > De-select the "Use IERenderer" check box.

> Where in the 'Options' is such a setting.

I was about to give up. Found it though, but not in the 'Options'.
It's a separate icon. It only works when mail folders are closed. A
bit cumbersome. Needs some work done to make it all a bit more
user-friendly imho.
Still don't understand why the IE Renderer is included. Nobody needs
it and thinking people don't trust it.

Yrrah
0
Yrrah
2/24/2011 11:28:15 PM
Am 25.02.2011, 00:28 Uhr, schrieb Yrrah <Yrrah-acf@acf.invalid>:

>> > De-select the "Use IERenderer" check box.
>
>> Where in the 'Options' is such a setting.
>
> I was about to give up. Found it though, but not in the 'Options'.
> It's a separate icon. It only works when mail folders are closed. A
> bit cumbersome. Needs some work done to make it all a bit more
> user-friendly imho.

First of all the renderer interface provides only limited support for
implementing such things. Secondly I have to ensure all instances of the
renderer are closed before disabling it.

> Still don't understand why the IE Renderer is included. Nobody needs
> it and thinking people don't trust it.

OK, we've read your opinion at least three times now, but there are others
as well ...

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
2/24/2011 11:36:17 PM
"Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:

> > Still don't understand why the IE Renderer is included. Nobody needs
> > it and thinking people don't trust it.
>
> OK, we've read your opinion at least three times now, but there are others
> as well ...

I don't give a damn in this case. IE is bad and evil. Nobody should
even consider using it.

Yrrah
0
Yrrah
2/25/2011 12:02:25 AM
From: "Yrrah" <Yrrah-acf@acf.invalid>

| "Michael in der Wiesche" <---idw.doc---@t-online.de>:

>> > Still don't understand why the IE Renderer is included. Nobody needs
>> > it and thinking people don't trust it.

>> OK, we've read your opinion at least three times now, but there are others
>> as well ...

| I don't give a damn in this case. IE is bad and evil. Nobody should
| even consider using it.

I do consider using IE but, on my WinXP PC I chose to keep IE6 and IERenderer *might* have
been causing excessive CPU utilization and thus I prefer BearHTML.

I found renaming 'IERenderer.fff' to 'IERenderer.fff.BAK' an easier way to disable
IERenderer.

--
Dave
Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
2/25/2011 12:17:04 AM
On 24 Feb 2011, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
wrote in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> "IErenderer 2.4.0.3
> Please try again after closing all reader windows and the folder
> manager!"

So, follow their direction. They're telling you exactly what to do:
Close down all windows within Pegasus until you have the empty
container window. Then disable IERenderer.
0
Nil
2/25/2011 1:20:22 AM
Am 25.02.2011, 01:17 Uhr, schrieb David H. Lipman
<DLipman~nospam~@verizon.net>:

> From: "Yrrah" <Yrrah-acf@acf.invalid>

>>> OK, we've read your opinion at least three times now, but there are
>>> others
>>> as well ...
>
> | I don't give a damn in this case. IE is bad and evil. Nobody should
> | even consider using it.
>
> I do consider using IE but, on my WinXP PC I chose to keep IE6 and
> IERenderer *might* have
> been causing excessive CPU utilization and thus I prefer BearHTML.

This isn't IERenderer, it's the WINSOCK setting of "On demand" causing
this (which isn't the default anymore since 4.61 if installed from
scratch), IERenderer prompts for changing this the first time you decide
to download remote images, and it offers a respective option.

> I found renaming 'IERenderer.fff' to 'IERenderer.fff.BAK' an easier way
> to disable
> IERenderer.

This works since IERenderer isn't properly initialized in this case, but
you'll have to repeat this each time you update Pegasus Mail.

					Michael

--
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
S/MIME Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5
5e 5b
0
Michael
2/25/2011 6:43:15 AM
> I don't give a damn in this case. IE is bad and evil. Nobody should
> even consider using it.
>=20
> Yrrah
 I have to agree with Yrrah. Now, maybe if it was Firefox :-) ...

--=20
   R. Dave Lambert
   rdavelambert@shaw.ca
   49.1367=B0 N  122.8777=B0 W

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Web resources about - HTML renderer replacement for Pegasus Mail published - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Chemistry and Metallurgy Research Replacement Facility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Chemistry and Metallurgy Research Replacement Facility , usually referred to as the CMRR , is a facility under construction at Los Alamos ...

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Called On Replacement NFL Ref Due To Facebook Posts
One of the National Football League ’s replacement officials was removed from his assignment to work the New Orleans Saints ’ visit to the Carolina ...

Facebook Home: Replacement Home Screen for Android
Nicely-designed phone interface that I would personally never want to use. (They’re embedding Helvetica rather than using Google’s crummy Roboto. ...

The Replacements (@TheReplacements) on Twitter
Website has been fixed. Stay tuned to see what other shenanigans we may or may not have up our sleeves... theReplacementsOfficial.

App Store - The Complete Hair Replacement Guide
Get The Complete Hair Replacement Guide on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nexus 4 Screen Replacement + Frame/Bezel Exchange - YouTube
For the parts or tools needed to perform this repair visit http://www.repairsuniverse.com/lg-nexus-4-e960-screen-replacement-repair-parts.ht ...

Big Bash League: Dick Smith collapse leaves Melbourne Stars searching for replacement key sponsor
... tumultuous week is on the cusp of returning to positive territory, with the Big Bash League team closing in on what would be a rapid replacement ...

Judge rejects class-action over AppleCare’s subpar replacements, calls lawyer ‘manifestly incompetent’ ...
Remember that class-action lawsuit alleging AppleCare+ customers were being given subpar replacement products? This week a federal judge rejected ...

Report: Users Routinely Purge Apps and Look for Better Replacements
... — last around 13 weeks. Millennials tend to keep apps for shorter periods than baby boomers. After deletion, many users look for good replacements, ...

Business backs Paul Fletcher to be Jamie Briggs replacement
... business community is disappointed by Jamie Briggs' departure from the new cities minister role and is backing Paul Fletcher as the best replacement. ...