Humor from the Net

[Thunderstorms last night prohibited HFTN]

Nolan Richardson III resigned as Tennessee State basketball coach
after bringing a .38 caliber handgun to the gym following a
dispute with an assistant.  Tough spot for Tennessee State.  They
hate to lose a coach of that caliber.  (Scott Ostler)
0
Bill

Bill McCray <billmccray@mindspring.com> wrote on 17 mei 2014 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
> [Thunderstorms last night prohibited HFTN]
>
> Nolan Richardson III resigned as Tennessee State basketball coach
> after bringing a .38 caliber handgun to the gym following a
> dispute with an assistant.  Tough spot for Tennessee State.  They
> hate to lose a coach of that caliber.  (Scott Ostler)

OT or wrong NG.

This is not an US NG.

It is not even humoresque to the rest of the world.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

> OT or wrong NG.
>
> This is not an US NG.
>
> It is not even humoresque to the rest of the world.

Yeah, you sure hate to add to the extreme glut of traffic on this worldwide
NG. (<;

--

Pat

email: phartzATcoxDOTnet
0
Phantom
5/17/2014 3:56:57 PM
On 5/17/2014 11:56 AM, Phantom Post wrote:
> "Evertjan." <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote in
>
>> OT or wrong NG.
>>
>> This is not an US NG.
>>
>> It is not even humoresque to the rest of the world.
>>

> Yeah, you sure hate to add to the extreme glut of traffic on this worldwide
> NG. (<;

My apologies.  The newsgroup into which I normally post has disappeared
from my group list, and this one ended up in the same location in the
list.  I should have noticed but didn't.  Your two responses alerted me
to this.

Again, I apologize for my oversight.

Bill

0
Bill

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Pegasus Mail for Windows reading PM Dos version mailboxes
Hello, We are considering going from the DOS based Pegasus Mail (we have version 3.4) to the Windows version of PM. Our mailboxes are currently stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are there any issues that might be involved in converting or using both the DOS and Windows versions simultaneously? Two the two versions use the same mailbox format? TIA Mike McWhinney elja, Inc. On 2 Feb 2006 15:41:18 -0800, eljainc@sbcglobal.net <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are > t...

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

Web resources about - Humor from the Net - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Food Network Humor - Cook with them. Laugh with us.
Cook with them, laugh with us! Food Network satire, parodies, humor, and news.

The Humor Code
A scholar & a skeptic travel the world in search of what makes things funny To explore alcohol and humor creation, we ran an experiment involving ...

JokesAndHumor.com - Jokes, Adult, Funny, Humor!
Adult Jokes and humor and hundreds of funny jokes including religious, blonde, and adult jokes

Old Fashioned American Humor
A site about old fashioned American humor, wit, and entertainment. Including funny stories, monologues, and information on american humor.

home - HUMÖR
about What’s the sound of a lumberjack shirt, does a sweater have a sense of humour, and how much music can a fold hold? Sampling, silhouette ...

Science Humor - It´s alive!
Published paper! Becoming a vampire without being bitten: the narrative collective-assimilation hypothesis. “We propose the narrative collective-assimilation ...

Surreal humour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Surreal humour is a form of humour based on violations of causal reasoning with events and behaviours that are logically incongruent. Constructions ...

The Humor Mill Magazine
... 28th, in what we hear was a very beautiful wedding in Malibu. Find out all of the wedding details, who attended and who filmed it at The Humor ...

Open Directory - Recreation: Humor: Wordplay: Ambigrams
... listing - become an editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Wordplay/Ambigrams Description Top : Recreation : Humor : ...

Eat24 Cooks Up Humor, Engagement For Facebook Success
... this equation. Eat24 connects with foodies through Facebook, engaging in dialog about delicious dishes , while posting food-related humor and ...