IMAP problems

I have tried several times to use Pegasus Mail with the Gmail IMAP server. =
I have made all the server and authentication settings correctly, to the be=
st of my knowledge. However, the cached headers and / or messages do not ge=
t saved between sessions of Pegasus Mail - I have to connect again each tim=
e.
Can anyone help me? I would very much like to use Pegasus Mail with the Gma=
il IMAP server.
0
Ravi

On 20 May 2014, Ravi <ravids@gmail.com> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I have tried several times to use Pegasus Mail with the Gmail IMAP
> server. I have made all the server and authentication settings
> correctly, to the best of my knowledge. However, the cached
> headers and / or messages do not get saved between sessions of
> Pegasus Mail - I have to connect again each time. Can anyone help
> me? I would very much like to use Pegasus Mail with the Gmail IMAP
> server.

I can't help you, but I'll be interested in any responses you get. I've
played a little bit with Pegasus's IMAP feature, but it seemed clumsy
and "tacked on". I'm a big fan of the way it handles POP3 mail, though.
I have been able to talk to Gmail via IMAP with Pegasus, but I haven't
used it consistently enough to address your issue.

I recently became aware that my ISP offers IMAP access to email, and
I'd like to switch over from POP if I like the way Pegasus does it.

I like the way Thunderbird handles IMAP, but I don't like its interface
or features as much as Pegasus.
0
Nil
5/20/2014 9:00:21 PM
On Tue, 20 May 2014 10:26:23 -0700 (PDT), Ravi <ravids@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have tried several times to use Pegasus Mail with the Gmail IMAP server. =
>I have made all the server and authentication settings correctly, to the be=
>st of my knowledge. However, the cached headers and / or messages do not ge=
>t saved between sessions of Pegasus Mail - I have to connect again each tim=
>e.
>Can anyone help me? I would very much like to use Pegasus Mail with the Gma=
>il IMAP server.

1) Funnily enough GMAIL is one of my email accounts that does work.
Pegasus 4.70 but also worked under the previous version (4.63)

My settings are:

imap.googlemail.com
Port:993 no timeout
Server supports folders within folders
Always connect when Pegasus starts up
Periodically update every 120 secs
IMAP cache both items unchecked
No items checked under Performance
Via direct SSL connect

I have a number of @btinternet accounts.  It works on some and not on
others.  I think the previous version was slightly better.

2) IMAP and Pegasus have always been problematic.  You are best to
visit http://community.pmail.com/ and search/ask on the forums there
where there are still several experts around.

3) My wife has no problem with IMAP access to her @btinternet account
using Thunderbird.  I've just used Pegasus for too long to be bothered
to change but it can be very frustrating as it lags behind in some
areas.

HTH

--
AnthonyL
0
nospam
5/21/2014 11:19:33 AM
Thanks for your response. I had already made the correct settings in Pegasu=
s Mail (which you have also mentioned) for configuring the programme to acc=
ess Gmail via IMAP.
I was able to connect to the Gmail server and see the folder structure and =
individual messages in the Gmail mailbox within the Folder Manager window. =
When I right clicked an individual folder, I was able to select the "Cache =
all messages" option and see the messages being cached.=20
However, after dismounting the mailbox and closing the programme, I am unab=
le to see all the folders in Gmail when I open the programme again. Only th=
e main Gmail mailbox is seen, and it doesn't have any folders in it.
Am I doing something wrong? Could you give me detailed instructions how to =
use IMAP AFTER configuring Pegasus Mail? Thanks in advance.
Ravi.=20

> 1) Funnily enough GMAIL is one of my email accounts that does work.
>=20
> Pegasus 4.70 but also worked under the previous version (4.63)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> My settings are:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> imap.googlemail.com
>=20
> Port:993 no timeout
>=20
> Server supports folders within folders
>=20
> Always connect when Pegasus starts up
>=20
> Periodically update every 120 secs
>=20
> IMAP cache both items unchecked
>=20
> No items checked under Performance
>=20
> Via direct SSL connect
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have a number of @btinternet accounts.  It works on some and not on
>=20
> others.  I think the previous version was slightly better.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 2) IMAP and Pegasus have always been problematic.  You are best to
>=20
> visit http://community.pmail.com/ and search/ask on the forums there
>=20
> where there are still several experts around.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 3) My wife has no problem with IMAP access to her @btinternet account
>=20
> using Thunderbird.  I've just used Pegasus for too long to be bothered
>=20
> to change but it can be very frustrating as it lags behind in some
>=20
> areas.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> HTH
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> AnthonyL

0
Ravi

IMAP mail problem
I just set up an IMAP account in Eudora, among all my other POP accounts. All of a suddeon, Eudora is constantly asking me to select a Junk mailbox, though none of the mailboxes in the Mailbox menu are selectable. Assuming I need a mailbox on the IMAP server, I tried to create one, but apparently don't have the needed permissions (according to Eudora's error message). What do I need to do to get this stupid message to go away? I'm not even *using* junk filters, since I'm using sponsored mode and don't have access to the junk filters anyway. -- -Thomas &...

Pegasus Mail Problem
Problem: When I click on OPEN of any email or NEW MESSAGE, it takes over 30 seconds to open the window to view or create an email. I'm using version 4.21c but this problem also occurred with 4.12. Downloading and uploading functions are quick. These functions behave normally. I am using PMail on a new laptop with a wireless connection. One thing that I noticed was that whenever I open or create a new message, there is wireless traffic that is taking place. Once that traffic stops, the window will open for reading or editing. The traffic is definitely related to these...

Pegasus IMAP problem
OK. I've been using Pegasus since, geez 1994???. I've never experienced this problem and can't seem to narrow it down. I ONLY use IMAP. I don't use POP3 at all. When I connect to my email provider with Thunderbird via IMAP, it works fine. Until about a month ago, Pegasus (4.12c) would connect fine too. I've tried this on 2 different Windows 2000 systems. One is completely fresh (both Windows and Pegasus are virgin (clean)). Both have had all of the Windows updates done to them. It turns out that Pegasus says an error was returned by the server when ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus Mail with Exchange problems
Under the illusion of progress (read "we can't get support for it"!), we have decided to shift from running Pegasus Mail (v4.12a) with Mercury on our Windows network to running it with Exchange. The initial problem we've encountered is that whilst the Pegasus Mail Internet Options have been changed accordingly (repointing to the new Exchange server) somehow the SMTP settings aren't kicking in and (weirdly) all outbound e-mail still seems to be going through Mercury on the old server. POP3 incoming seems fine. Anyone got any suggestions or experience in this? (...

Pegasus Mail sending problem
I have a strange problem. I run a three workstation peer-to-peer network. One PC is wirelsss, one is connected direct to the router, one is connected to the router via an ethernet-over-power link which provides a good Internet connection. The last of these had a fault that I had to resolve by re-installing windows, and then Pegasus Mail. All three machines use the same mailbox, physically located on the machine that is directly connected to the router. The path to the mailbox has been set as a network path on the two other PCs, and this works fine. Mercury is not installed. The prob...

Windows problem with yahoo mail???
I would have posted on comp.sys.mac.comm, but there's not much traffic over there, and this might be an OS-related problem. I'm on a Mac, and tonight I emailed a link to a (Windows) friend who uses yahoo mail. She emailed back, "There was no link in your email." I resent it and she then could see it, but said it does nothing when she clicks on it. (I then told her to just copy and paste it into her browser.) This happens often enough with several people that it's downright perplexing. So I decided to set up a yahoo mail account of my own so I could see what these ...

imap mail fetching problem
HIII all i am trying to fetch the emails of a perticular date...but i am getting some of the emails of a particular date not all the emails of that date... my code is as follow imap = Net::IMAP.new('imap.googlemail.com',993,true,nil,false) imap.login('xyz','xyz') imap.examine("INBOX") imap.search(["SINCE","17-Aug-2012"]).each do |id| email = imap.fetch(id, "BODY[]")[0].attr["BODY[]"] mail = Mail.new(email) puts "************date***************************&quo...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail send and receive problem
I've been using Pegasus Mail for some time now but have suddenly hit a brick wall in the last couple of days with the following mysterious error message: SMTP Network or Protocol Error sending mail 5: Connect failed, 2726. There's been no changes to the Pegasus Mail settings yet sending, receiving or both using Outlook Express and Outlook seem to have no problems. Any pointers here as there's no reference to this via Google? Note: Even with firewall and antivirus turned off, still no luck. Don't want to be a Microsoft convert but patience is wearing thin and pra...

Problem with Pegasus Queue Manager window
V4.12a: I don't see any messages in the Queue Manager window, when they are queued. When I send they I see the meassage at the bottom of the screen to the effect that they are leaving, but nothing in the Queue Manager window. Could someone please help me with this? Thank You, Paul H. Direct email: remove "DeathToCockroaches" from email address. I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here! ...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Problem with corrupted IMAP mail item
I'm using pmail 4.21c. While I had a particular email open in an IMAP folder, my PC hung and I was forced to reboot. Upon re-entering pmail and attaching the IMAP folder, this particular mail item has been corrupted and I can no longer read it under pmail. However, when I use a different mail client and open the mail folder, I CAN still read the mail on the server, so it's not corrupted there. I don't know how to "un-corrupt" the version of the mail that Pegasus is looking at. Presumable pmail has something within it that is preventing me re-reading the mail fro...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same probl...

Web resources about - IMAP problems - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

FSIN Chief says problems in La Loche, Sask. widespread across province
Chief Bobby Cameron says the serious challenges that La Loche, Sask. faces are very similar to many other indigenous communities across Saskatchewan. ...

Chinese wisdom for Middle East problems
Chinese wisdom for Middle East problems

LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices
... a hardware defect and will repair affected devices. According to the numerous posts on various social platforms and YouTube, the bootloop problem ...

Problem
"The governments in Paris, London and Brussels have completely lost control, they are not able to maintain the rule of law and they are miserably ...

The #OscarsSoWhite Problem Is Only the Tip of the Iceberg
... to always be the good guy, the right thing and the correct answer. However, they can’t be my safe place today because today they’re the problem. ...

Russia says a growing problem in space could be enough to spark a war
... space junk grows so large that a single collision could set off a domino effect of increasingly more collisions. For Kessler, this is a problem ...

Problems in Flint, Detroit show rift over emergency managers
Budget expert was in charge of Flint's city government and Detroit schools at key points in recent turmoil, making him focal point of anger

Why Iran is a problem for oil market
An Iranian oil tanker set sail for South Korea last week, heralding a new period of uncertainty for world crude prices.

O’Malley Points Out Animals Don’t Have Employment Problems
'We're the only species on the planet without full employment'