Michael

From: "Michael Gallagher" <mikejoe7g@yahoo.com>

> This shouldn't be a problem, but afgter my struggles setting up Skype,
> I thought it was worth asking: Pegasus can support IPv6, right?
>
> It shouldn't matter because Pegasus talks to the mail servers, so what
> matters is if they support it.  But with one program potentially
> useless in the long run, I wanted to make sure it doesn't happen to
> another one.

It shouldn't have to.

P-Mail uses WINSOCK and the OS does the networking.  All P-Mail cares about
is;  the name of the host, TCP port used and whether the email server
requires SSL.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
2/2/2015 8:14:27 PM
Hello,

David H. Lipman (Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:14:27 -0500 -
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows) :

> From: "Michael Gallagher" <mikejoe7g@yahoo.com>
> > This shouldn't be a problem, but afgter my struggles setting up Skype,
> > I thought it was worth asking: Pegasus can support IPv6, right?

> P-Mail uses WINSOCK and the OS does the networking.  All P-Mail cares about
> is;  the name of the host, TCP port used and whether the email server
> requires SSL.

I agree with you, David. Pegasus uses the network to reach mail servers,
the way it does is the OS and the used networking protocol job, not
Pegasus's. Same thing for Mercury or any other software who needs
networks connection to run.

(sorry for my poor english, I'm French :)
0
Eric
2/2/2015 8:53:44 PM
On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 21:53:44 +0100, Eric Demeester
<eric.REMOVETHIS@mailody.org> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>David H. Lipman (Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:14:27 -0500 -
>comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows) :
>
>> From: "Michael Gallagher" <mikejoe7g@yahoo.com>
>> > This shouldn't be a problem, but afgter my struggles setting up Skype,
>> > I thought it was worth asking: Pegasus can support IPv6, right?
>
>> P-Mail uses WINSOCK and the OS does the networking.  All P-Mail cares about
>> is;  the name of the host, TCP port used and whether the email server
>> requires SSL.
>
>I agree with you, David. Pegasus uses the network to reach mail servers,
>the way it does is the OS and the used networking protocol job, not
>Pegasus's. Same thing for Mercury or any other software who needs
>networks connection to run.
>
>(sorry for my poor english, I'm French :)

Your english is much better than my French.  :)  (Yes, I did take
French in High School, but the most I have out of it is ow to read
highway signs in Quebec.)  Thanks, Dave and Eric.  That's a load ff my
mind.

0
Michael
2/3/2015 12:55:22 AM
On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 21:53:44 +0100, Eric Demeester
<eric.REMOVETHIS@mailody.org> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>David H. Lipman (Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:14:27 -0500 -
>comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows) :
>
>> From: "Michael Gallagher" <mikejoe7g@yahoo.com>
>> > This shouldn't be a problem, but afgter my struggles setting up Skype,
>> > I thought it was worth asking: Pegasus can support IPv6, right?
>
>> P-Mail uses WINSOCK and the OS does the networking.  All P-Mail cares about
>> is;  the name of the host, TCP port used and whether the email server
>> requires SSL.
>
>I agree with you, David. Pegasus uses the network to reach mail servers,
>the way it does is the OS and the used networking protocol job, not
>Pegasus's. Same thing for Mercury or any other software who needs
>networks connection to run.
>
>(sorry for my poor english, I'm French :)

....and 8 months later, he came back to revisit the issue.

I recently raised the question the same question about Forte Agent
(which I am using right now) and the initial answer was it sues
Winsock -- don't worry about it.  But then it was pointed out that
winsock returns an IP address to Agent, and Agent uses that address to
access the news server.  So if PMail uses winsock, but what comes back
from winsock is the IP addresses of the servers, can it handle a dual
stack situation, let alone an IPV6 only world?

Now, my ISP is IPV4 only, and it will probably be a long time before
Yahoo has only IPV6 mail servers.  But I thought it would be wise to
double check to make sure we're all on the same page.   Because now,
I'm not so sure.

0
Michael
10/10/2015 4:14:13 PM
From: "Michael Gallagher" <mikejoe7g@yahoo.com>

> On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 21:53:44 +0100, Eric Demeester
> <eric.REMOVETHIS@mailody.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> David H. Lipman (Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:14:27 -0500 -
>> comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows) :
>>
>>> From: "Michael Gallagher" <mikejoe7g@yahoo.com>
>>
>>> P-Mail uses WINSOCK and the OS does the networking.  All P-Mail cares
>>> about
>>> is;  the name of the host, TCP port used and whether the email server
>>> requires SSL.
>>
>> I agree with you, David. Pegasus uses the network to reach mail servers,
>> the way it does is the OS and the used networking protocol job, not
>> Pegasus's. Same thing for Mercury or any other software who needs
>> networks connection to run.
>>
>> (sorry for my poor english, I'm French :)
>
> ...and 8 months later, he came back to revisit the issue.
>
> I recently raised the question the same question about Forte Agent
> (which I am using right now) and the initial answer was it sues
> Winsock -- don't worry about it.  But then it was pointed out that
> winsock returns an IP address to Agent, and Agent uses that address to
> access the news server.  So if PMail uses winsock, but what comes back
> from winsock is the IP addresses of the servers, can it handle a dual
> stack situation, let alone an IPV6 only world?
>
> Now, my ISP is IPV4 only, and it will probably be a long time before
> Yahoo has only IPV6 mail servers.  But I thought it would be wise to
> double check to make sure we're all on the same page.   Because now,
> I'm not so sure.

You are making a mountain from a mole hill.

There is nothing for you to worry about.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
10/11/2015 3:06:30 PM
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:06:30 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~NoSpam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>You are making a mountain from a mole hill.
>
>There is nothing for you to worry about.

Ok.
0
Michael

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Pegasus Mail for Windows reading PM Dos version mailboxes
Hello, We are considering going from the DOS based Pegasus Mail (we have version 3.4) to the Windows version of PM. Our mailboxes are currently stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are there any issues that might be involved in converting or using both the DOS and Windows versions simultaneously? Two the two versions use the same mailbox format? TIA Mike McWhinney elja, Inc. On 2 Feb 2006 15:41:18 -0800, eljainc@sbcglobal.net <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are > t...

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

Web resources about - IPv6 - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Test your IPv6.
Make sure you're ready for the World IPv6 Launch. Check your computer's health for IPv4 and IPv6.

IPv6 Intelligence
... issues, including connectivity.After a short transition period, this site changed its IP connectivityand URL — it is now reachable at ipv6int.net ...

IPv6 Proxy - View IPv6 Websites and Test IPv6 Functionality
Visit IPv6 websites through your IPv4 connection. Our free IPv6 web proxy connects to the target via IPv6 and forwards the content on to you ...

IPv6 Act Now  -
IPv6 Act Now Stay updated on our news Your IP: 212.227.97.200 Home News Info How to Act Now Why you need to Act Now Small Business Enterprise ...

Internet Society - World IPv6 Day
In 2011 World IPv6 Day was a huge success. In 2012 World IPv6 Launch will also be a great success. Major ISPs, home networking equipment manufacturers, ...

World IPv6 Launch
... providers (ISPs), home networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world are coming together to permanently enable IPv6 ...

File:Ipv6 address leading zeros.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

Facebook Enables IPv6 For Developers May 18
... Internet protocol is coming to Facebook a few weeks early — for developers, that is. Developers will be able to begin tinkering with the IPv6 ...