Junk mail

Is there any way of editing the Junkmail filters?

I keep having to add the same address to the Junkmail White List again and
again and again, and mail from that address still seems to end up in the
Junkmail folder.

I have a filter set so what when I have finished reading them in New Mail,
when it is closed they are automatically moved to their own folder, but when
they end up in the Junkmail folder I have to move them one by one, and I
sometimes read them several days late.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm

Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 01 jun 2014 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Is there any way of editing the Junkmail filters?
>
> I keep having to add the same address to the Junkmail White List again
> and again and again, and mail from that address still seems to end up in
> the Junkmail folder.
>
> I have a filter set so what when I have finished reading them in New
> Mail, when it is closed they are automatically moved to their own
> folder, but when they end up in the Junkmail folder I have to move them
> one by one, and I sometimes read them several days late.

I use spamhalter, and it's whitelist.

I inspect my spam folder say once a month,
and seldom there is a pertinent mail needing whitelisting
and rescanning.

Do you use spamhalter?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Steve Hayes (Sun, 01 Jun 2014 05:33:27 +0200 -
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows) :

> Is there any way of editing the Junkmail filters?

I don't know. I tried tu use Pegasus antispam system, and found it too
slow.

May I suggest you to try k9 bayesian system ? I use it for more then 10
years. it is easy to set up, damn' small (113 Kio) and very efficient :
 http://keir.net/k9.html
0
Eric
6/1/2014 11:26:09 AM
On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 10:34:37 +0200, "Evertjan."
<exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:

>Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 01 jun 2014 in
>comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
>> Is there any way of editing the Junkmail filters?
>>
>> I keep having to add the same address to the Junkmail White List again
>> and again and again, and mail from that address still seems to end up in
>> the Junkmail folder.
>>
>> I have a filter set so what when I have finished reading them in New
>> Mail, when it is closed they are automatically moved to their own
>> folder, but when they end up in the Junkmail folder I have to move them
>> one by one, and I sometimes read them several days late.
>
>I use spamhalter, and it's whitelist.
>
>I inspect my spam folder say once a month,
>and seldom there is a pertinent mail needing whitelisting
>and rescanning.
>
>Do you use spamhalter?

No, I've never heard of it.

And how will it stop Pegasus from putting things into my junkmail folder?

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Steve
6/1/2014 11:44:20 AM
Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 01 jun 2014 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

>>Do you use spamhalter?
>
> No, I've never heard of it.

Strange.

Standard part of PMail:

Menu
Tools
Spam aand content controls
Spamhalter ...

> And how will it stop Pegasus from putting things into my junkmail folder?

Isn't it the reason of the existence of a junkmail folder,
to put things !in! it automagically?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I don't know. I tried tu use Pegasus antispam system, and found it
> too slow.

I wouldn't think that would be significant unless you're deluged with
spam.

> May I suggest you to try k9 bayesian system ? I use it for more
> then 10 years. it is easy to set up, damn' small (113 Kio) and
> very efficient :
>  http://keir.net/k9.html

I used to use K9 a long time ago. I didn't realize it hadn't been
updated since 2004. Seems to now be abandonware.
0
Nil
6/1/2014 9:16:03 PM
On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 17:21:27 +0200, "Evertjan."
<exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:

>Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 01 jun 2014 in
>comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
>>>Do you use spamhalter?
>>
>> No, I've never heard of it.
>
>Strange.
>
>Standard part of PMail:
>
>Menu
>Tools
>Spam aand content controls
>Spamhalter ...

Well it's years since I looked at theb setup.

>> And how will it stop Pegasus from putting things into my junkmail folder?
>
>Isn't it the reason of the existence of a junkmail folder,
>to put things !in! it automagically?

Yes, but not things on the whitelist.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
Steve
6/2/2014 2:23:16 AM
On 31 May 2014, Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Is there any way of editing the Junkmail filters?
>
> I keep having to add the same address to the Junkmail White List
> again and again and again, and mail from that address still seems
> to end up in the Junkmail folder.

You need to be more specific. Are you talking about Spamhalter or
Content Control?

If Spamhalter, I don't understand your issue. When you add an address
to the Global White List, it should stay there. Unless you have
exceeded the number of addresses you have set as the maximum (default
is 500, I think) no address should ever just disappear.

If you're talking about Content Control, I don't know. I never could
get that feature working the way I wanted, and then I found I didn't
need it anyway.

> I have a filter set so what when I have finished reading them in
> New Mail, when it is closed they are automatically moved to their
> own folder, but when they end up in the Junkmail folder I have to
> move them one by one, and I sometimes read them several days late.
0
Nil
6/2/2014 6:29:07 AM
Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 02 jun 2014 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

>>> And how will it stop Pegasus from putting things into my junkmail
folder?

>>Isn't it the reason of the existence of a junkmail folder,
>>to put things !in! it automagically?
>
> Yes, but not things on the whitelist.

Perhaps to do with the way you fill it?

I have set a maximum of 1000 entries and
automatic insertion of addresses used for sending.

I heve never knowingly seen a mail in the spam folder
that was whitelisted, but who knows.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Nil (Sun, 01 Jun 2014 17:16:03 -0400 -
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows) :

> On 01 Jun 2014, Eric Demeester <eric.REMOVETHIS@mailody.org> wrote
> in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
> I wouldn't think that would be significant unless you're deluged with
> spam.

I receive about 300 spams per day. Fortunately, most of them are catched
by my email server.

> I used to use K9 a long time ago. I didn't realize it hadn't been
> updated since 2004. Seems to now be abandonware.

Well, you're wright, but no need to update IMHO, it just makes the job
perfectly.
0
Eric

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Junk mail not going to junk mail folder.
When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder, the idea being that Eudoira will remember that directive and future emails from the same sender will be automatically routed there, and I won't see them in my in box. I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox" But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing in the in box That that redirect is ignored. How can I get this to work? I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with XP/SP3 Thanks MS On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 01:16:17 -0700 (PDT), mstag <stagersound@gmail.com>...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

mail() goes to Junk Mail
Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to @xyz.com junk mail folders. Why is that so? How can I fix it? Thank you, --Andre Phandana On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu> wrote: >Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to >@xyz.com junk mail folders. >Why is that so? Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com? >How can I fix it? There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if you posted an example of how...

Mail
Is this happening to anyone else? Within the last week, Mail is suddenly dumping a LOT of messages into the Junk Mail folder. Do you know why this might be happening? Messages are going there that have previously gone to my Inbox. Just curious. -- Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle." A few pics from the Fair are here: http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254 In article <barbschaller-277DF8.23293225102010@news.iphouse.com>, Melba's Jammin'...

mail junk-mail rule
For some reason, the junk mail rule is not working for one of my accounts--my primary account. If I reset the junk mail settings, it will work and properly mark a portion of the mail as junk mail, but after as I start to train it to recognize other junk mail, it stops identifying any of that mail as junk mail. Checking or unchecking the options for sender in my address book, previous recipients, or message is sent to my full name does not have any effect. This problem does not happen with my other accounts, though. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem? -- Stop Ma...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Persistant Junk Mail in Mail.app
I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. -- James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas In article <atnt47Fk1v3U1@mid.indiv...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Mail.app and junk mail training
If I change the rules in Mail.app for junk mail to move the message to a Junk folder, the mode changes from "Training" to "Custom." My question is this: does Mail.app still adapt when I flag a message as Junk (or Not Junk), or does that only happen specifically when mode is "Training"? (I use email at home and at work on an IMAP account, and I'd like to leave the messages around so that both programs get a chance to evaluate them. But I'd also like to keep them out of the way, in a separate folder.) -- Tad Davis taddavis@ucwphilly.rr.com http://ta...

Mail automatically deleting junk mail
On my wife's iBook, Mail is automatically deleting junk mail as soon as she clicks on the Junk Mail folder to check the contents. I can't find anything in the preferences that would be causing this. Any suggestions? Thanks! In article <timmcn-52B943.23120425102006@news.iphouse.com>, Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> wrote: > On my wife's iBook, Mail is automatically deleting junk mail as soon as > she clicks on the Junk Mail folder to check the contents. I can't find > anything in the preferences that would be causing this. Any > suggestio...

Mail junk mail filtering problem
I just started emailing photos from my cell phone to my home email address, but I'm finding that they all end up in the Junk folder. I added the email address to my Address Book. I have the preference set to exempt emails with sender from my Address Book. The Trust junk mail headers set by my ISP is off. I even have a rule that changes the color for all people that are in my Address Book. So these emails arrive color coded as being a known address, the from field actually shows my name from my address book, but still they keep showing up in my Junk email box. I've clicked Not J...

Why Is Junk Mail Marked As Unread Mail
I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder as read messages. It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to change the Junk folder title in the left pane to go back to unbold. Am 28.05.2004 00:05, Jim Thornton schrieb: > I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder > as read messages. It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk > folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to > change the Junk ...

Why is SpamWatch is junking my mail from a mailing list?
Just in the last couple of days, Eudora 6.0 has been assigning spam scores of 99 to all the mail from a certain mailing list I subscribe to. I went into the UserJunkDB.txt file and removed all references to the mailing list title, then rescored a bunch of the mail from that list and it still posted it at a score of 99. I "unjunked" the messages, and when I recalculated the scores, they still came up at 99. Apparently some keyword gets them marked as spam. Any ideas how I can determine what words in a message get it marked as spam? Along the same lines, is there any way to c...

Web resources about - Junk mail - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Junk (ship) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and were used as seagoing vessels as early as the 2nd century CE. They evolved in the later dynasties, and were used throughout Asia for extensive ...

Junk Quotes & Leads (@junkremoval) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Junk Quotes & Leads @ junkremoval ...

Junk Jack on the App Store on iTunes
Get Junk Jack on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Joy of Junk - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Orin Zebest's photos on Flickr. Orin Zebest has uploaded 10743 photos to Flickr.

Pitch Perfect 2 Movie CLIP - Emily Junk (2015) - Hailee Steinfeld, Rebel Wilson Movie HD - YouTube
Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6h Subscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUn Like us on FACEBOOK: http://goo.gl/dHs73 Follow us ...

Junk food is taken off the school menu
... once more. ABU DHABI // When children returning to school yesterday made their first visit of term to the canteen, they found that junk food ...

Qantas sheds junk status - AdelaideNow Search Search
QANTAS has finally shed its junk credit rating from Standard & Poor's.

Ground zero junk was from Boeing plane
A rusted piece of plane landing gear discovered near the destroyed World Trade Center has been confirmed as coming from the type of Boeing jet ...

Junk food "binge eating" just as bad as unhealthy diet: study
... health under control, but this yo-yo approach to eating can be just as damaging to a person's health as a diet consistently made up of junk ...

Noble Group Ends a Turbulent Year With Cut to Junk From Moody's
Asia’s top commodity trader exits 2015 in very different shape to how it began the year.