f



Just to let you know that version 4.72 is up on www.pmail.com

On 25 Apr 2016 at 17:38, Pegasus Mail Support (Han vd Bogaerde) wrote:

> Just to let you know that version 4.72 is up on www.pmail.com:
> 
> Version 4.72 is a maintenance release for v4.71 containing the
> following changes:
> 
> Fixes a problem introduced in v4.71 where the mail queue would not
> correctly update or send mail when the 'Send now' button was pressed
> (you had to close and reopen the queue or draft manager window and
> send the messages a second time to make them go out).
> 
> Includes an updated version of Martin Ireland's MAPI interface, which
> will work correctly with current builds of LibreOffice.
> 
> The option to "Add to addressbook" when right-clicking an address in a
> message now works correctly.
> 
> A full German version of v4.72 has been released at the same time as
> the English version. Note: at the time of writing, one anti-virus
> service (Baidu) is reporting that the WinPMail v4.72 release archive
> contains malware: given that 55 other anti-virus services on
> VirusTotal report the archive as being clean, this is clearly a false
> positive and can be reliably ignored (to confirm this, we unpacked the
> files, repacked them, then signed the new archive with a different
> certificate, and the Baidu warning went away, indicating that the
> Baidu scanner is incorrectly detecting something based on our code
> signing certificate rather than anything in the actual archive
> itself).
> 
> Regards, 
> Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net
> Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group.
> My own Pegasus Mail related web information:
> http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/
> 

More here: <http://www.pmail.com/>


-- 
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
0
Evertjan
4/25/2016 4:12:02 PM
comp.pegasus-mail.windows 4388 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

17 Replies
452 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

Trying to download, I get the message:
Die Signatur von w32-472.exe ist besch�digt oder ung�ltig
(Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)

I do not get the message if I download: w32-432-de1.exe

OS: Windows 10 Pro, all current updates

J�rgen
0
ISO
5/14/2016 1:16:21 PM
J�rgen Meyer <juergen.ul.meyer@gmx.de> wrote on 14 May 2016 in 
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

Please always quote if you are responding on something on usenet!

> Trying to download, I get the message:
> Die Signatur von w32-472.exe ist besch�digt oder ung�ltig
> (Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)

Download from where? URL?

> I do not get the message if I download: w32-432-de1.exe
> 
> OS: Windows 10 Pro, all current updates
> 
> J�rgen
> 



-- 
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
0
Evertjan
5/14/2016 3:13:31 PM
On Sat, 14 May 2016 17:13:31 +0200, "Evertjan."
<exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:
>Download from where? URL?

http://www.pmail.com/downloads_s3_t.htm

Juergen
0
ISO
5/14/2016 5:06:02 PM
J�rgen Meyer <juergen.ul.meyer@gmx.de> wrote on 14 May 2016 in 
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> On Sat, 14 May 2016 17:13:31 +0200, "Evertjan."
> <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:
>>Download from where? URL?
> 
> http://www.pmail.com/downloads_s3_t.htm

Looks fine here. Better try again.

-- 
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
0
Evertjan
5/14/2016 5:28:26 PM
J�rgen Meyer wrote:

> Evertjan wrote:
>
>> Download from where? URL?
> 
> http://www.pmail.com/downloads_s3_t.htm
> 
>>> (Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)
>>>OS: Windows 10 Pro, all current updates


Do you download the file with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?

0
Guy
5/14/2016 6:44:26 PM
On Sat, 14 May 2016 13:44:26 -0500, Guy <guy@guysalias.tk.invalid> wrote:

>J�rgen Meyer wrote:
>
>> Evertjan wrote:
>>
>>> Download from where? URL?
>> 
>> http://www.pmail.com/downloads_s3_t.htm
>> 
>>>> (Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)
>>>>OS: Windows 10 Pro, all current updates
>
>
>Do you download the file with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?

Five minutes ago I tried again.
IE11 or Edge - it makes no difference.
(Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)

Juergen
0
ISO
5/14/2016 8:46:38 PM
Guy <guy@guysalias.tk.invalid> wrote on 14 May 2016 in comp.mail.pegasus-
mail.ms-windows:

> J�rgen Meyer wrote:
> 
>> Evertjan wrote:
>>
>>> Download from where? URL?
>> 
>> http://www.pmail.com/downloads_s3_t.htm
>> 
>>>> (Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)
>>>>OS: Windows 10 Pro, all current updates
> 
> 
> Do you download the file with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?

Never!

I use Google Chrome.

-- 
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
0
Evertjan
5/14/2016 8:47:37 PM
On Sat, 14 May 2016 22:47:37 +0200, "Evertjan."
<exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:

>Guy <guy@guysalias.tk.invalid> wrote on 14 May 2016 in comp.mail.pegasus-
>mail.ms-windows:
>
>> J�rgen Meyer wrote:
>> 
>>> Evertjan wrote:
>>>
>>>> Download from where? URL?
>>> 
>>> http://www.pmail.com/downloads_s3_t.htm
>>> 
>>>>> (Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)
>>>>>OS: Windows 10 Pro, all current updates
>> 
>> 
>> Do you download the file with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
>
>Never!
>
>I use Google Chrome.

But why the download of the German version works without any problems?

Juergen
0
ISO
5/14/2016 8:51:20 PM
J�rgen Meyer wrote:

> On Sat, 14 May 2016 13:44:26 -0500, Guy <guy@guysalias.tk.invalid>
> wrote: 
> 
>> J�rgen Meyer wrote:
>> 
>>> Evertjan wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Download from where? URL?
>>> 
>>> http://www.pmail.com/downloads_s3_t.htm
>>> 
>>>>> (Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)
>>>>> OS: Windows 10 Pro, all current updates
>> 
>> 
>> Do you download the file with Internet Explorer or Microsoft
>> Edge? 
> 
> Five minutes ago I tried again.
> IE11 or Edge - it makes no difference.
> (Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)
> 


OK, try Right-Click w32-472.exe > Properties 
select some option like "Unblock". 
I do not have Win 10.
Then see if still prompts with invalid signature.


0
Guy
5/14/2016 8:59:47 PM
J�rgen Meyer wrote:

> But why the download of the German version 
> works without any problems? 
>

If my "Unblock" suggestion works,
I have possible explaination.
0
Guy
5/14/2016 9:01:31 PM
On Sat, 14 May 2016 22:51:20 +0200, J�rgen Meyer <juergen.ul.meyer@gmx.de>
wrote:

>On Sat, 14 May 2016 22:47:37 +0200, "Evertjan."
><exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:
>
>>Guy <guy@guysalias.tk.invalid> wrote on 14 May 2016 in comp.mail.pegasus-
>>mail.ms-windows:
>>
>>> J�rgen Meyer wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Evertjan wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Download from where? URL?
>>>> 
>>>> http://www.pmail.com/downloads_s3_t.htm
>>>> 
>>>>>> (Signature of w32-472.exe corrupt or invalid)
>>>>>>OS: Windows 10 Pro, all current updates
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Do you download the file with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
>>
>>Never!
>>
>>I use Google Chrome.
>
>But why the download of the German version works without any problems?
>
>Juergen

I now have tried to download the file using another laptop
The result is the same.
So I have contacted the support by email
Hope to get an answer soon.

Juergen
0
ISO
5/14/2016 9:36:00 PM
Guy wrote:

> If my "Unblock" suggestion works,
> I have possible explaination.
>

Here is my theory:

Windows 10 is depreciating SHA1 algorithm.
w32-472.exe is signed by D.Harris with SHA1 certificate.
German version is signed by other with SHA256 certificate.
IE and Edge mark file with NTFS ADS(Alternative Data Stream).
OS sees ADS and marks code signature created with SHA1 as invalid.


"Unblock" should remove ADS.

0
Guy
5/14/2016 10:11:05 PM
Guy <guy@guysalias.tk.invalid> wrote on 15 May 2016 in comp.mail.pegasus-
mail.ms-windows:

> Guy wrote:
> 
>> If my "Unblock" suggestion works,
>> I have possible explaination.
>>
> 
> Here is my theory:
> 
> Windows 10 is depreciating SHA1 algorithm.
> w32-472.exe is signed by D.Harris with SHA1 certificate.
> German version is signed by other with SHA256 certificate.
> IE and Edge mark file with NTFS ADS(Alternative Data Stream).
> OS sees ADS and marks code signature created with SHA1 as invalid.

I don't understand a word of that, [and doubt if I want to].
I have W10 and had no problem with downloading with the Chrome browser.

> "Unblock" should remove ADS.

Or you could put this little script-file on your desktop:

========== dnld-w32.vbs ===========
dim xHttp: Set xHttp = createobject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
dim bStrm: Set bStrm = createobject("Adodb.Stream")
xHttp.Open "GET", "http://download-us.pmail.com/w32-472.exe", False
xHttp.Send

with bStrm
    .type = 1 '//binary
    .open
    .write xHttp.responseBody
    .savetofile "C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\w32-472.exe", 2 '//overwrite
end with
===================================

[changing <username> to your user-name]

doubleclick that file [dnld-w32.vbs], 
and the exe-file [w32-472.exe] will appear on your desktop
ready for execution.


-- 
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
0
Evertjan
5/15/2016 8:27:22 AM
On Sun, 15 May 2016 10:27:22 +0200, "Evertjan."
<exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:

>Avast: Message body was removed because it contained a virus.

Good grief!


-- 
Steve Hayes
Web: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com/
     http://hayesgreene.blogspot.com
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/afgen/
     
0
Steve
5/15/2016 9:55:44 AM
Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 15 May 2016 in 
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> On Sun, 15 May 2016 10:27:22 +0200, "Evertjan."
> <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:
> 
>>Avast: Message body was removed because it contained a virus.
> 
> Good grief!

Wrong quote, I did not write that.

When using a decent Usenet newsreader, 
looking for viruses is an overkill.

-- 
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
0
Evertjan
5/15/2016 10:03:50 AM
On Sun, 15 May 2016 12:03:50 +0200, "Evertjan."
<exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:

>Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 15 May 2016 in 
>comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>
>> On Sun, 15 May 2016 10:27:22 +0200, "Evertjan."
>> <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:
>> 
>>>Avast: Message body was removed because it contained a virus.
>> 
>> Good grief!
>
>Wrong quote, I did not write that.

I didn't think you had, but I wondered what you did write that got
Avast's knickers in a knot. 


-- 
Steve Hayes
Web: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com/
     http://hayesgreene.blogspot.com
     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/afgen/
     
0
Steve
5/15/2016 5:36:33 PM
Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 15 May 2016 in 
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> On Sun, 15 May 2016 12:03:50 +0200, "Evertjan."
> <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:
> 
>>Steve Hayes <hayesstw@telkomsa.net> wrote on 15 May 2016 in 
>>comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:
>>
>>> On Sun, 15 May 2016 10:27:22 +0200, "Evertjan."
>>> <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net> wrote:
>>> 
>>>>Avast: Message body was removed because it contained a virus.
>>> 
>>> Good grief!
>>
>>Wrong quote, I did not write that.
> 
> I didn't think you had, but I wondered what you did write that got
> Avast's knickers in a knot. 

Useless to try to tell you, 
if you senselessly persist subjecting simple text to antiviral measures.


-- 
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
0
Evertjan
5/15/2016 10:34:59 PM
Reply: