Mail doesn't leave New Mail folder

Even after checking that the mail files have write permissions - even
after mail is read, it doesn't leave the New Mail folder... Or, only
some of it leave... Even though the setting tells it to leave the New
Mail folder after reading.

Any ideas?

Please reply in group.

Thanks
0
danr_18

New mail doesn't appear in new mail folder in grouped view
I just upgraded from 4.12 to 4.21c. Overall, I'm impressed with some of the new features. However, while setting up the settings, I somehow got the thing into state where when you download mail from the ISP, the new messages come in, and I can see the new .cnm files in the mail directory, however they don't show up in the new mail folder. This used to happen to me occasionally with the old version of Pegasus, however I could hit the File/Read New Mail menu option, and the new messages would pop in. This doesn't work for me with 4.21c. The strange thing is tha...

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

"new mail" notification at startup (when there isn't any new mail)
I'm new to using IMAP with mutt, and I notice suddenly that for the first five seconds after I open mutt, I get a "2 boxes w/new mail" notification in the index status bar. Then it disappears. This occurs when there is no new mail in any of my mailboxes. This mutt is being run from a NetBSD shell account that I access via ssh. This has to be related to my IMAP setup (the admin of this account only allows access to its mail server now via IMAP). Anyone know what's causing this or how can I stop it? Tnaks for any tips. Mutt 1.5.21 (2010-09-15) Copyright...

Mail doesn't store sent mail
Hey, I'm using an IMAP account to read mails with Mail. I've selected "store sent messages on the server" in the preferences. If I select the "Sent" mailbox and check "Mailbox>Use this mailbox for" all the choices are disabled. Mail doesn't store the messages in the sent mailbox. I can't figure out what's wrong, any ideas? Nico In article <nospam-F4B51C.08571507042006@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi>, nico <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Hey, > > I'm using an IMAP account to read mails with Mail. I've selected "st...

Inbox doesn't have mails, webclient shows mails
Hi, I am unable to see any emails in my inbox. However, the webclient for the same account shows me all my emails. 95% of the time, I use MS Outlook Express as the email client using its IMAP server. I donot understand why I am not able to see emails in my inbox. The only thing I see are the new mails. ie. if I login remotely onto the server, I don't see any emails, but during the period I am logged in, if I get any mails, I can see them. I tried seeing the configuration settings and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Atleast I didn't change anything. Any help will be really a...

mail to: url won't open new mail
Eudora 6.0. When I click on an email link on a webpage I automatically go to a blank Eudora - but it does not open a new email message with the address in place like it used to. Is there some setting I should know about to have Eudora start the message automatically? ...

New mail folder / Main mail folder annoyances
I use Pegasus mail 4.21c. Since Pegasus has a seperate "New Mail" folder, I end up having to search some mail in the "New Mail" folder and some mail in the "Main" folder. Not all of the "New Mail" mail can make it to the Main folder. Is there any way of JUST having a Main folder? I just want the newer mail on top of the older one... not two folders. Also, the New Mail folder takes a long time to load, while the Main folder (with much more mail) loads very quickly... So I want to avoid the New Mail folder altogether. Is this corrected in 4....

some new mails only appear in new mail folder after restart
Hi, after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. They appear in the new mail folder after I restart pegasus. Can anyone help? Thanx "MO" <moDELETEmads@gDELETEmx.de> wrote: > after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that > Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow > repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. > They appear in the new mail folder after I restar...

mail() function doesn't seem to be sending MAIL FROM: properly
I'm trying to send an email using the mail() function. I've carefully made use of the ini_set(SMTP, "mail.my.server") function to set my SMTP server and also to set my From: address. I'm still getting a "Relaying not explicitly allowed: fakeemail@fakedomain.com" response from the server however, when I try and set a recipient who is outside of my own domain. This makes my think that the From: address is somehow not getting sent to my server properly or that I'm pointing at the wrong server. The confounding thing is that it was working for a while and I don&...

Mail doesn't import Mail messages from another machine
Hi, My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jealous) and would like to import all the mail messages on his old G4 (he has moved them all to an external hard drive for safe keeping). We tried the Tiger Mail>Import scheme and imported from the external hard drive. The Import routine imported all his Mail folders but they're all empty. Is there a way to get this to work correctly? Any help appreciated. r. In article <rb28-E04B37.13013529092005@corp.supernews.com>, "RobertB." <rb28@nyu.edu> wrote: > Hi, > > My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jeal...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

New Mail folder trouble--renaming hierarch doesn't work
Love Pegasus -- been using it since 1994. Currently using 4.21c in StandAlone mode (XP OS). I have Peg set to open only one window at a time. If I'm in the New Mail folder, it's the only window open and it's maximized. Same for everything else (replying, etc.). If all windows are shut it's a blank desktop with Peg's toolbar, which is often how Peg opens for me. The other day Peg opened to a blank desktop. I clicked the New Mail icon in the toolbar to open that window to receive new mail (knew it came b/c I have a sound file play). However, the icon would nto o...

Pegasus won't load
While trying to send a large (2 MB, not huge but larger than I normally send) attachment with Pegasus 421, I got an error message and the system crashed. Now after rebooting, I try to start Pegasus and get the message that the mailbox appears to be locked by another process. I click "continue" since I just rebooted, so I know it's not already running. It gets as far as "opening new mail folder" and stalls there - nothing more happens. The program doesn't load at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no joy. Any assistance would be gr...

Web resources about - Mail doesn't leave New Mail folder - comp.pegasus-mail.windows