Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge

With me at least it doesn't.
We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I
decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was
to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients.

I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column
called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the
first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string
~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file.
PM reported a successful transaction, but didn't send any message. It
didn't ask whether to store the sent message or not either. I guess
success is a subjective concept :-)
I tried the same with a txt file, with the same results.
Also swapping ~kemail~ for ~k1~ proved unsuccessful.

I am a bit at a loss here, I followed the instructions I found in the
help file, with no desired result.
Perhaps a one column data file is too meager for PM? I just decided to
test the feature with a simple trial. Or did I just completely lose
the plot?

Met een vriendelijke groet,

--
Arthur Swart
www.drukwerkdienst.nl

0
swart

swart@drukwerkdienst.nl a �crit :
> Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
>
> With me at least it doesn't.
> We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I
> decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was
> to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients.
>
> I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column
> called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the
> first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string
> ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file.
> PM reported a successful transaction, but didn't send any message. It
> didn't ask whether to store the sent message or not either. I guess
> success is a subjective concept :-)
> I tried the same with a txt file, with the same results.
> Also swapping ~kemail~ for ~k1~ proved unsuccessful.
>
> I am a bit at a loss here, I followed the instructions I found in the
> help file, with no desired result.
> Perhaps a one column data file is too meager for PM? I just decided to
> test the feature with a simple trial. Or did I just completely lose
> the plot?
>
> Met een vriendelijke groet,

You should call your column email and insert the field name ~kemail~ in
your mail.
0
Youri
5/25/2007 7:07:01 PM
On May 25, 9:07 pm, Youri Ligotmi <y...@free.fr.invalid> wrote:
> s...@drukwerkdienst.nl a =E9crit :
>

> > Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
>
> > With me at least it doesn't.
> > We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I
> > decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was
> > to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients.
>
> > I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column
> > called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the
> > first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string
> > ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file.
> > PM reported a successful transaction, but didn't send any message. It
> > didn't ask whether to store the sent message or not either. I guess
> > success is a subjective concept :-)
> > I tried the same with a txt file, with the same results.
> > Also swapping ~kemail~ for ~k1~ proved unsuccessful.
>
> > I am a bit at a loss here, I followed the instructions I found in the
> > help file, with no desired result.
> > Perhaps a one column data file is too meager for PM? I just decided to
> > test the feature with a simple trial. Or did I just completely lose
> > the plot?
>
> > Met een vriendelijke groet,
>
> You should call your column email and insert the field name ~kemail~ in
> your mail.

Still doesn't really work as it should.
When I try to write a newsletter to Andrew Stuart (Email =3D
Andrew@example.com, first=3DAndrew, last=3DStuart) from a csv excel sheet,
I compose the letter like ~kEmail~ blabla bla bla bla Dear ~kfirst~
~klast~.
I then end up with an email address line that reads
Andrew@example.com:Andrew:Stuart and in the letter it says Dear
~kfirst~ in staed of Dear Andrew.
The more columns I use, the more confused PMail seems to get.
Sometimes the same setup gets me different results, column contents is
sometimes entered on the wrong variable.
I have returned to sending standard letters to my distribution list,
resulting in a lot of false positives in several mailfilters.
I am looking for a way to send personalized email to our subscribers.
Any suggestions?

 Met een vriendelijke groet,

--
Arthur Swart
Sales Manager

De Drukwerkdienst
Isla Margaritastraat 97
1339 MN  Almere
i=2E	www.drukwerkdienst.nl
e=2E	info@drukwerkdienst.nl

0
swart

Mail doesn't store sent mail
Hey, I'm using an IMAP account to read mails with Mail. I've selected "store sent messages on the server" in the preferences. If I select the "Sent" mailbox and check "Mailbox>Use this mailbox for" all the choices are disabled. Mail doesn't store the messages in the sent mailbox. I can't figure out what's wrong, any ideas? Nico In article <nospam-F4B51C.08571507042006@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi>, nico <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Hey, > > I'm using an IMAP account to read mails with Mail. I've selected "st...

Inbox doesn't have mails, webclient shows mails
Hi, I am unable to see any emails in my inbox. However, the webclient for the same account shows me all my emails. 95% of the time, I use MS Outlook Express as the email client using its IMAP server. I donot understand why I am not able to see emails in my inbox. The only thing I see are the new mails. ie. if I login remotely onto the server, I don't see any emails, but during the period I am logged in, if I get any mails, I can see them. I tried seeing the configuration settings and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Atleast I didn't change anything. Any help will be really a...

Mail doesn't leave New Mail folder
Even after checking that the mail files have write permissions - even after mail is read, it doesn't leave the New Mail folder... Or, only some of it leave... Even though the setting tells it to leave the New Mail folder after reading. Any ideas? Please reply in group. Thanks ...

Subscription setting 'No e-mail': Doesn't work !
Hi all, I switched my subscription setting to "No e-mail" but I still receive an e-mail everyday. Does one know how I could reach the google technical support ? Thanks! Catherine. ...

Mail doesn't import Mail messages from another machine
Hi, My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jealous) and would like to import all the mail messages on his old G4 (he has moved them all to an external hard drive for safe keeping). We tried the Tiger Mail>Import scheme and imported from the external hard drive. The Import routine imported all his Mail folders but they're all empty. Is there a way to get this to work correctly? Any help appreciated. r. In article <rb28-E04B37.13013529092005@corp.supernews.com>, "RobertB." <rb28@nyu.edu> wrote: > Hi, > > My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jeal...

mail() function doesn't seem to be sending MAIL FROM: properly
I'm trying to send an email using the mail() function. I've carefully made use of the ini_set(SMTP, "mail.my.server") function to set my SMTP server and also to set my From: address. I'm still getting a "Relaying not explicitly allowed: fakeemail@fakedomain.com" response from the server however, when I try and set a recipient who is outside of my own domain. This makes my think that the From: address is somehow not getting sent to my server properly or that I'm pointing at the wrong server. The confounding thing is that it was working for a while and I don&...

Pegasus mail on windows 2000 doesn't start properly after reinstall
Hi there, I run windows 2000. Pegasus Mail was having weird problems with the signatures (They would appear empty in the edit window, and new signatures wouldn't show up under the messages) since an earlyer upgrade. So, I tried reinstalling Pegasus from a fresh download. Since then the program doesn't start up properly. It asks for a username and then starts to load, but after it starts opening the new mail folder it seems to hang. I tried giving it some time but after a few hours it's still not loading. Another thing I did prioor to reinstalling was enabling the spa...

Junk mail box doesn't open automatically, I miss mails because of this
When I get a junk message, Eudora puts it in the junk mail box, but doesn't open the mail box. With other filters, it does open the box automatically. This way I know a mail came in. I would also like Eudora to open my Junk mail box, so I know a mail got in there. Anybody have some advice? Eudora 7 paid mode chieleman On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:13:21 +0100, chieleman <vlaflip31-nieuwsgroepREMOVETHIS@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote: >When I get a junk message, Eudora puts it in the junk mail box, but >doesn't open the mail box. With other filters, it does open t...

New mail doesn't appear in new mail folder in grouped view
I just upgraded from 4.12 to 4.21c. Overall, I'm impressed with some of the new features. However, while setting up the settings, I somehow got the thing into state where when you download mail from the ISP, the new messages come in, and I can see the new .cnm files in the mail directory, however they don't show up in the new mail folder. This used to happen to me occasionally with the old version of Pegasus, however I could hit the File/Read New Mail menu option, and the new messages would pop in. This doesn't work for me with 4.21c. The strange thing is tha...

Apple Mail; mail doesn't get to server to be "saved"
I'm still one of those increasingly few AOL users (got kids). Have had the account since '95. Anyway, when I got cable access at work, I decided to use my Mac Mini in the office to not only access my work email, but also the AOL account which I use at home for personal stuff. Running Tiger 10.4.7 and Apple Mail on both systems (G4 at home). Things worked fine for months; I simply configured the Mail application to access my office mail server and also my AOL account, which is IMAP. I only use AOL at home. When I use Mail at work, I still get all of my normal AOL mail. I think that wha...

Hi there, It seems send mail doesn't send mail to external mail account in my FreeBSD 4.8 BOX. However, I'm able to receive mail from external mail, such as yahoo, hotmail account. My config is: FreeBSD 4.8 ISP: bell Sympatico high speed with dynamic IP address. SMTP port is enabled on the router/firewall. Can anyone help? bluesnow#mail -v calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com Subject: This is a test. Do you hear me? EOT calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 bluesnow.gotdns.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.8p1/8.12.8; Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:14:51 -0400 (EDT) &...

wanadoo.fr's portal doesn't show Eudora's mails
Hello A strange problem when I write to a friend of mines. When she reads her mails with www.wanadoo.fr 's portal, everything composed with Eudora only gives a blank page (no problem when she uses... Eudora or Outlook or when I write with Outlook from my office - yes I know but they don't allow me to install Eudora...). Should I change something in the ini file? Don't understand what happens there, nor here. By the way : it's always interesting to read the Eudora forum Friendly regards, even when one doesn't have any problem with this program. Michel ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Pegasus mail doesn't show the right time
Today my computer automatically made the time adjustment. However, emails I get from Pegasus show the previous time. For example, an email I got at 9 AM, is shown as if it has been received at 10 AM. With Outlook Express there's no time issue. How do I make Pegasus realize we've just changed the time??? On 31 Oct 2004 10:10:29 -0800, Hafaka wrote: > How do I make Pegasus > realize we've just changed the time??? Tools > Options > General settings > Advanced settings > SMTP time zone > [x] Auto gregor ...

Web resources about - Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge - comp.pegasus-mail.windows