Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
Evertjan
10/15/2015 8:11:01 PM
From: "Evertjan." <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net>

> ?
> cc=othername@example.com
> &amp;
> bcc=secretname@example.com
> &amp;
> subject=The%20subject
> &amp;
> body=The%20body'>send</a>
>
> [without the newlines]
>
> Doesn't pm accept cc and bcc this way,
> or do I do something wrong?

P-Mail apparently doesn't work with the BCC & CC "MailTo" URI fields

Example:
mailto:someone@example.com?subject=This%20is%20the%20subject&cc=someone_else@example.com&body=This%20is%20the%20body

I used the above example with P-Mail as the Default OS Email Client and all
fields were populated EXCEPT the Carbon Copy field.

I then included the BCC field in the following example:
mailto:someone@example.com?subject=This%20is%20the%20subject&cc=someone_else@example.com&bcc=someone_else@example.com&body=This%20is%20the%20body

It failed to populate both the BCC and CC fields.

Tested with v4.70 Build 546.

Reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mailto

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
10/15/2015 8:22:52 PM
From: "Evertjan." <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net>

< snip >

> Is pmail unique in this,
> or are other clients as choosy?
>
> I can imagine pmail accepting such cc/bcc
> with a warning.

I used the following with MS Outlook as the defauly email client

mailto:someone@example.com?subject=This%20is%20the%20subject&cc=someone_else@example.com&bcc=me_too@example.com&body=This%20is%20the%20body

All email fields were populated.

The fault is in P-Mail.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

0
David
10/15/2015 8:26:55 PM
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~NoSpam~@Verizon.Net> wrote on 15 Oct 2015 in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> From: "Evertjan." <exxjxw.hannivoort@inter.nl.net>
>
> < snip >
>
>> Is pmail unique in this,
>> or are other clients as choosy?
>>
>> I can imagine pmail accepting such cc/bcc
>> with a warning.
>>

> I used the following with MS Outlook as the defauly email client
>
> mailto:someone@example.com?subject=This%20is%20the%20subject&cc=someone_e
> lse@example.com&bcc=me_too@example.com&body=This%20is%20the%20body
>
> All email fields were populated.

Thanks.

> The fault is in P-Mail.

It could be by design.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

sending mail cc, bcc
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3E651.F554A310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello: I have a library called smtplib that send email I use these lines to use it: (from -->to) ------------------------------------ server =3D smtplib.SMTP(server) server.sendmail(fromaddr, toaddrs, message) ------------------------------------ But I'd like to include some mails CC ,BCC. (from -->to) ( |-->cc ) ( |-->bcc) Does anyone have a library to make it? (mail: fro...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@v...

Pegasus Mail and Windows administrator privileges
Hi Group I have used Pegasus Mail under Win98 since several years and I'm happy with it. Now I have a new WinXP machine and want to reinstall. I have the following problem: I tried Pegasus v421c. It seems it only works if the user has the Windows administrator privileges (XP Home Edition SP2). Is this the normal behavior ? I am quite surprised with this. Thanks a lot. I am running WinPmail 4.21 with restricted user privileges on Windows 2000 and as a main user with Windows XP Pro without having any problems and changing any settings. I think, it would be most important,...

Set up of Pegasus Mail for Windows-Intranet
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I ama bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sys...

compose window wrap cc, bcc
Hi, It may seem a little trivial, but I cannot get my compose screen to wrap the Bcc or the Cc list. If I am copying to many people, its impossible to see beyond a few addresses. Has anyone done this ? I am using version : Mutt 1.4.1i (2003-03-19) Thanks, -- Sayantan Sur Graduate Research Assistant Dept. of Computer Science The Ohio State University. On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:57:18 -0400, Sayantan Sur wrote: > It may seem a little trivial, but I cannot get my compose screen to > wrap the Bcc or the Cc list. If I am copying to many people, its > impossible to s...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Windows Live SMTP access with Pegasus Mail
As of today, Windows Live Hotmail allows free Hotmail account access via SMTP. The server information is: smtp.live.com:587 The MS clients (Outlook (prior to 2007), Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and Windows Live Mail) reportedly work by setting the client to use SSL. I have tested this with MS Outlook Express 6, and it works. MS Outlook 2007 reportedly works using TLS. I have not tested this, because I don't have a copy of MS Outlook 2007. Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.19, and SeaMonkey 1.1.14 both also work, using TLS. However, setting 'smtp.live.com:587' with START...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only #2
Hello, I continue to have difficulties in setting up Pegasus Mail for use on a Microsoft Windows based network. I initially set up the software on a machine running Windows 98SE. The version I'm installing is 4.41a. It was my understanding that I can share the drive where Pegasus Mail (E:\PMAIL) is installed and simply have other workstations run this copy of the software without installing a separate version on any of the workstations. I do not want to have any Internet e-mail addresses (i.e. mike@mgi.com), but simply users like mike, jo, frank, chris, etc. I could not ...

Pegasus Mail for Windows reading PM Dos version mailboxes
Hello, We are considering going from the DOS based Pegasus Mail (we have version 3.4) to the Windows version of PM. Our mailboxes are currently stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are there any issues that might be involved in converting or using both the DOS and Windows versions simultaneously? Two the two versions use the same mailbox format? TIA Mike McWhinney elja, Inc. On 2 Feb 2006 15:41:18 -0800, eljainc@sbcglobal.net <eljainc@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > stored on a Netware 3.12 server. There are about 10-15 mailboxes. Are > t...

How do I import/transfer old mail folders to Pegasus V4 in Windows XP??
All my correspondence is in my mail folders in an old version of Pegasus. I got a new pc running Windows XP and installed the old hard drive containing all my files as a second drive, but I can't find out how to transfer or import my mail folders into Pegasus V4. Suggestions appreciated. I have recently gone thru the same exercise. Though my older version of Pegasus was not markedly older. I would think twice - or more - about doing this starting with a '3' version of Pegasus for example! In my case, I have Pegasus in C:\Prgram Files & the actual mail data on m...

Web resources about - mailto cc and bcc - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

mailto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The mailto URI scheme , as registered with the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), defines the scheme for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol ...

Open Mailto: Links Using Gmail in Google Chrome
A few months after Google Calendar added support for handling webcal: links in Chrome, Gmail can now become the default handler for mailto: links ...

Creare mailto complessi per ottenere feedback « Bancomail – Blog
... semplicemente si vuole usare un metodo più “rudimentale” ma anche più sbrigativo rispetto ad un form su una “landing page”, anche un mailto ...

Which Email Program to Use For Sending Mails - Change Default Mailto Handler
... program (like Gmail or Yahoo Mail) or a desktop mail client (like Outlook or Thunderbird) for composing email messages when you click mailto ...

Web browser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A web browser is a software application for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web . An information ...

Summary - Austria-Forum
... any contribution contained in this encyclopedia by using the "comment" line. If you have any questions, please contact the editor mailto:o ...

mailto:masala.wallah@gmail.com
I am currently visiting Sri Lanka, after having been to India and Nepal in the past few years. With JavaScript enabled, you can cycle through ...

SAGE-AU condemns denial of service attacks on government servers
Australia’s peak technology experts group SAGE-AU has condemned the Denial-of-Service (DOS) attacks on Government websites and servers that have ...

5's For Lives
Save Our Sons is a charity seeking to raise public awareness and much needed funding to research and find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy ...

Boston Pizza Charity Golf Tournament
Home Golf Courses Driving Ranges Golf Schools Community Links Contact Us 07/26/2012 9:00 am at Greensmere Golf and Country Club All Proceeds ...