Mercury 4.01a SMTP Client (Relay Version) - TCP/IP error during processing. Error FF servicing queue job

I am new to Mercury, but it's been working well on a Windows XP SP1 machine.
I would like to move this mail-server function to a different machine which
is running XP SP2.  I installed Mercury on the XP2 machine and it seems to
work except the SMTP Client (Relay Version). Whenever there is something in
the queue to send, SMTP fails with "TCP/IP error during processing.  Error
FF servicing queue job".  So far as I can see, the Mercury set-up is the
same on both machines.  They are both on the same LAN (just different ports
on the same cable DSL router) and I am using the same account at the same
ISP to try to send mail.  The firewall settings are the same on both
machines, and I have also tried SMTP on the XP2 machine with the firewall
turned off, but this doesn't help.

The Mercury core module shows the outgoing mail (from Outlook Express) being
processed correctly.  Strangely enough, although the XP2 Mercury will not
send mail originating from Outlook Express, it will send a message from its
own limited e-mail client.

I have also tried to send mail from the XP1 machine, but using the XP2
machine Mercury as the server.  The same failure occurs.  Outlook Express
works fine through Mercury when I use the XP1 machine as the Mercury server.

I have seen some references to this error from a Google search, but I have
found nothing useful (most of the problems seem to relate to dial-up
connections).  I haven't found anything on this newsgroup.

Thank you
Gordon

0
Gordon

Gordon J. Marwood wrote:

>I am new to Mercury, but it's been working well on a Windows XP SP1 machine.
>I would like to move this mail-server function to a different machine which
>is running XP SP2.  I installed Mercury on the XP2 machine and it seems to
>work except the SMTP Client (Relay Version). Whenever there is something in
>the queue to send, SMTP fails with "TCP/IP error during processing.  Error
>FF servicing queue job".  So far as I can see, the Mercury set-up is the
>same on both machines.  They are both on the same LAN (just different ports
>on the same cable DSL router) and I am using the same account at the same
>ISP to try to send mail.  The firewall settings are the same on both
>machines, and I have also tried SMTP on the XP2 machine with the firewall
>turned off, but this doesn't help.
>
>The Mercury core module shows the outgoing mail (from Outlook Express) being
>processed correctly.  Strangely enough, although the XP2 Mercury will not
>send mail originating from Outlook Express, it will send a message from its
>own limited e-mail client.
>
>I have also tried to send mail from the XP1 machine, but using the XP2
>machine Mercury as the server.  The same failure occurs.  Outlook Express
>works fine through Mercury when I use the XP1 machine as the Mercury server.
>
>I have seen some references to this error from a Google search, but I have
>found nothing useful (most of the problems seem to relate to dial-up
>connections).  I haven't found anything on this newsgroup.
>
>Thank you
>Gordon

I don't know about your problem directly, but on the system I am running
Mercury (XP sp2), I have to turn off the windows firewall. Setting the
ports to allow Mercury doesn't work.
0
Jerry
4/29/2005 12:10:07 AM
Thank you for the reply.  At least you have confirmed for me that Mercury
will run on XP SP2.  I am not using the Windows XP firewall, but I did try
turning off the firewall that I am using, and this didn't help.  The XP SP1
machine, which is running Mercury successfully, also has the same firewall
and I don't have to turn it off for Mercury to work.

Thank you again.

Gordon

"Jerry Park" <NoReply@No.Spam> wrote in message
> Gordon J. Marwood wrote:
>
> >I am new to Mercury, but it's been working well on a Windows XP SP1
machine.
> >I would like to move this mail-server function to a different machine
which
> >is running XP SP2.  I installed Mercury on the XP2 machine and it seems
> >work except the SMTP Client (Relay Version). Whenever there is something
in
> >the queue to send, SMTP fails with "TCP/IP error during processing.
Error
> >FF servicing queue job".  So far as I can see, the Mercury set-up is the
> >same on both machines.  They are both on the same LAN (just different
ports
> >on the same cable DSL router) and I am using the same account at the same
> >ISP to try to send mail.  The firewall settings are the same on both
> >machines, and I have also tried SMTP on the XP2 machine with the firewall
> >turned off, but this doesn't help.
> >
> >The Mercury core module shows the outgoing mail (from Outlook Express)
being
> >processed correctly.  Strangely enough, although the XP2 Mercury will not
> >send mail originating from Outlook Express, it will send a message from
its
> >own limited e-mail client.
> >
> >I have also tried to send mail from the XP1 machine, but using the XP2
> >machine Mercury as the server.  The same failure occurs.  Outlook Express
> >works fine through Mercury when I use the XP1 machine as the Mercury
server.

> >I have seen some references to this error from a Google search, but I
have
> >found nothing useful (most of the problems seem to relate to dial-up
> >connections).  I haven't found anything on this newsgroup.
> >
> >Thank you
> >Gordon
> >

> I don't know about your problem directly, but on the system I am running
> Mercury (XP sp2), I have to turn off the windows firewall. Setting the
> ports to allow Mercury doesn't work.

0
Gordon
4/29/2005 12:42:03 AM
Gordon,

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:42:03 -0400, "Gordon J. Marwood"
<Anonymous@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Thank you for the reply.  At least you have confirmed for me that Mercury
>will run on XP SP2.  I am not using the Windows XP firewall, but I did try
>turning off the firewall that I am using, and this didn't help.  The XP SP1
>machine, which is running Mercury successfully, also has the same firewall
>and I don't have to turn it off for Mercury to work.

It would be better for future conversations if you didn't top-post.

>"Jerry Park" <NoReply@No.Spam> wrote in message
>> Gordon J. Marwood wrote:
>>
>> >I am new to Mercury, but it's been working well on a Windows XP SP1
>machine.
>> >I would like to move this mail-server function to a different machine
>which
>> >is running XP SP2.  I installed Mercury on the XP2 machine and it seems
>> >work except the SMTP Client (Relay Version). Whenever there is something
>in
>> >the queue to send, SMTP fails with "TCP/IP error during processing.
>Error
>> >FF servicing queue job".  So far as I can see, the Mercury set-up is the
>> >same on both machines.  They are both on the same LAN (just different
>ports
>> >on the same cable DSL router) and I am using the same account at the same
>> >ISP to try to send mail.  The firewall settings are the same on both
>> >machines, and I have also tried SMTP on the XP2 machine with the firewall
>> >turned off, but this doesn't help.
>> >
>> >The Mercury core module shows the outgoing mail (from Outlook Express)
>being
>> >processed correctly.  Strangely enough, although the XP2 Mercury will not
>> >send mail originating from Outlook Express, it will send a message from
>its
>> >own limited e-mail client.
>> >
>> >I have also tried to send mail from the XP1 machine, but using the XP2
>> >machine Mercury as the server.  The same failure occurs.  Outlook Express
>> >works fine through Mercury when I use the XP1 machine as the Mercury
>server.
>> >
>> >I have seen some references to this error from a Google search, but I
>have
>> >found nothing useful (most of the problems seem to relate to dial-up
>> >connections).  I haven't found anything on this newsgroup.
>> >
>> >Thank you
>> >Gordon
>> >

>> I don't know about your problem directly, but on the system I am running
>> Mercury (XP sp2), I have to turn off the windows firewall. Setting the
>> ports to allow Mercury doesn't work.

I have 4.01b on XP sp2, I have the windows firewall in operation and
my SMTP Client (relay version) works just fine.

Have you:

1) Enabled SMTP in the windows firewall?

2) Enabled the Mercury Core process in the windows firewall?

3) Port Forwarded SMTP (25 and, perhaps, 2525) to the machine you are
using as the server?  That is, after you tested the machine that works
as a server, before you attempted to use the machine that doesn't work
as a server, did you modify the Port Forwarding, if any,
appropriately?

Have you checked HELP|ABOUT to confirm that the temporary files are
pointed to the proper place and that you have all rights necessary?

Maybe the fact that I'm running b rather than a makes the difference?

mike
0
mbpatpas
4/29/2005 7:12:50 AM
I just had an interesting result.  I had been running Mercury with SMTP
"Session Logging" disabled.  However, I enabled Session Logging to try to
see what was going on with the TCP/IP failures and SMTP then worked fine.  I
have now sent three messages with logging enabled and each one was
successful.  However, when I disable Session Logging again, I am back to the
failure situation.  I wonder if there could be a timing issue of some sort?

Gordon

0
Gordon
4/29/2005 8:36:13 PM
Gordon J. Marwood wrote:
> I just had an interesting result.  I had been running Mercury with SMTP
> "Session Logging" disabled.  However, I enabled Session Logging to try to
> see what was going on with the TCP/IP failures and SMTP then worked fine.  I
> have now sent three messages with logging enabled and each one was
> successful.  However, when I disable Session Logging again, I am back to the
> failure situation.  I wonder if there could be a timing issue of some sort?
>
> Gordon

did you change the tcp/ip timeout?  the help file suggests 600.  i think
it defaults to something like 30.
0
tomk
4/29/2005 8:59:09 PM
"tomk" <hot__tom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gordon J. Marwood wrote:
> > I just had an interesting result.  I had been running Mercury with SMTP
> > "Session Logging" disabled.  However, I enabled Session Logging to try
> > see what was going on with the TCP/IP failures and SMTP then worked
fine.  I
> > have now sent three messages with logging enabled and each one was
> > successful.  However, when I disable Session Logging again, I am back to
the
> > failure situation.  I wonder if there could be a timing issue of some
sort?

> > Gordon
> >

> did you change the tcp/ip timeout?  the help file suggests 600.  i think
> it defaults to something like 30.

On my XP SP1 machine, the SMTP client works fine with a 30 sec TCP/IP
timeout.  I tried changing the setting to 600 sec on the XP SP2 machine and
this didn't help.

With Session Logging ON, the XP SP2 machine is working fine.  I have found
no problems with that configuration and have sent mail from both the server
machine and from another machine on my network, using the XP SP2 machine as
it's server.  However, I find it strange why I have to use this setting to
get things to work.

I have applied the 4.01b patch and this makes no difference.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Gorrdon

0
Gordon
4/30/2005 1:29:49 AM
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:36:13 -0400, "Gordon J. Marwood"
<Anonymous@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I just had an interesting result.  I had been running Mercury with SMTP
>"Session Logging" disabled.  However, I enabled Session Logging to try to
>see what was going on with the TCP/IP failures and SMTP then worked fine.  I
>have now sent three messages with logging enabled and each one was
>successful.  However, when I disable Session Logging again, I am back to the
>failure situation.  I wonder if there could be a timing issue of some sort?

I admit to having Session Logging enabled, as well.  I wouldn't have
thought it relevant either.

Glad it is working!

mike
0
mbpatpas
4/30/2005 4:10:44 AM
"Mike Preston" <mbpatpas@invalid.pacbell.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:36:13 -0400, "Gordon J. Marwood"
> <Anonymous@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >I just had an interesting result.  I had been running Mercury with SMTP
> >"Session Logging" disabled.  However, I enabled Session Logging to try to
> >see what was going on with the TCP/IP failures and SMTP then worked fine.
> >have now sent three messages with logging enabled and each one was
> >successful.  However, when I disable Session Logging again, I am back to
the
> >failure situation.  I wonder if there could be a timing issue of some
sort?

> I admit to having Session Logging enabled, as well.  I wouldn't have
> thought it relevant either.
>
> Glad it is working!
>
> mike

Thank you Mike.  The machine with the problem is the faster of the two (AMD
XP3200 ... the other being an AMD XP2100), so maybe this is just enough to
cause some timing issues, though this rather surprises me.  Anyway,
everything seems to be working OK with session logging on, so I should be
happy about that.

Gordon

0
Gordon
4/30/2005 2:14:15 PM
On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:14:15 -0400, "Gordon J. Marwood"
<Anonymous@nowhere.com> wrote:

>"Mike Preston" <mbpatpas@invalid.pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:36:13 -0400, "Gordon J. Marwood"
>> <Anonymous@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I just had an interesting result.  I had been running Mercury with SMTP
>> >"Session Logging" disabled.  However, I enabled Session Logging to try to
>> >see what was going on with the TCP/IP failures and SMTP then worked fine.
>> >have now sent three messages with logging enabled and each one was
>> >successful.  However, when I disable Session Logging again, I am back to
>the
>> >failure situation.  I wonder if there could be a timing issue of some
>sort?
>>
>> I admit to having Session Logging enabled, as well.  I wouldn't have
>> thought it relevant either.
>>
>> Glad it is working!
>>
>> mike
>
>Thank you Mike.  The machine with the problem is the faster of the two (AMD
>XP3200 ... the other being an AMD XP2100), so maybe this is just enough to
>cause some timing issues, though this rather surprises me.  Anyway,
>everything seems to be working OK with session logging on, so I should be
>happy about that.

Indeed.  Remember to delete the logs every month or two.

mike
0
mbpatpas
4/30/2005 10:01:59 PM
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:14:15 -0400, "Gordon J. Marwood"
> <Anonymous@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >"Mike Preston" <mbpatpas@invalid.pacbell.net> wrote in message

SMTP
> >the
> >sort?
> >>
> >> I admit to having Session Logging enabled, as well.  I wouldn't have
> >> thought it relevant either.
> >>
> >> Glad it is working!
> >>
> >> mike
> >
> >Thank you Mike.  The machine with the problem is the faster of the two
(AMD
> >XP3200 ... the other being an AMD XP2100), so maybe this is just enough
> >cause some timing issues, though this rather surprises me.  Anyway,
> >everything seems to be working OK with session logging on, so I should be
> >happy about that.
>
> Indeed.  Remember to delete the logs every month or two.
>
> mike

I have the same problem with my Mercury Mail server. It does this every now
and then. Are you relaying your mail to a Symantec SMTP Gateway by any
chance? What I normally do is stop and start the Symantec SMTP service on
the machin I am forwading to and this usually fixes it.

0
Vimal

Windows/32 Mercury/32 SMTP client error
I have static IP on DSL. Windows 2000 Pro and Apache. 2 virtual hosts (2 domain names). PegasusMail / Mercury/32 mail handling. Not using Pegasus Mail. I am real new to this. This was working until Monday. I can receive mail respective of user/domain and it goies into the domain mailbox. Next step (that used to work) is that the mailbox is processed by the Mercury/32 SMTPClient (Relay version) and each item forwarded to my bellsouth email address. Well, that's what it used to do. The mail to be forwarded does reside in the QUEUE waiting. Send Authentication uses my b...

jdbc-error from linux udb81.4-client to windows udb 8.1.4 server
Hi, can anyone help me I'm on Linux with UDB Runtime-Client 8.1.4 and try to connect to a windows udb-server 8.1.4 via Websphere and jdbc , and get this error: [12/18/03 14:11:01:244 CET] 3e1a29e5 WebGroup E SRVE0026E: [Servlet Error]-[SQLConnect]: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: SQLConnect at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Connection.connect(DB2Connection.java:514) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Connection.<init>(DB2Connection.java:436) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2ReusableConnection.<init>(DB2ReusableConnection.java:74) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc....

error or not an error ...
I was just testing out the R4 REXX thingy, and it found an error in the following program. My question is this, is it an error or not? My PC/REXX and Regina don't barf on it, but I thought they should've. _____________________________________________ /**/ ?.='' ?.z='batman' trace i if ?.z\==''then do; say '?.z=' ?.z; end ______________________________________________ Note that there is space before the THEN. I'm not sure of the exact rules for parsing an IF statement, I know that THEN is a "reserved" keyword when an IF statement is...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // err...

HPL Loading error with Fatal error in server row processing
Hi All Seeking help on HPL loading. HPL loading gives Fatal error in server row processing - SQL error -271 ISAM error -151. However, exactly same project and job works fine in another INFORMIX installation with slight version different. Data gets converted from iso81 to utf8 using HP utility inconv and same is used in both the boxes. Conversion is required to facilitate data from various countries sitting in non-unicode database to central UNICODE. Appreciate any help and please find details below on the project / job Project $ onpladm create project smpl_proj -T $INFORMIXSE...

Pegasus Mail 4.21 error when closing
I get this error when closing Pegasus Mail 4.21. I'm running it on Windows XP with the lastest patches, etc... Pegasus Mail for windows has enountered a problem and needs to close. Error signature: AppName: winpm-32.exe AppVer: 4.2.1.0 ModName: winpm-32.exe ModVer: 4.2.1.0 Offset: 00068fd2 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="winpm-32.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY"> <MATCHING_FILE NAME="winpm-32.exe" SIZE="2229760" CHECKSUM="0xFF1912F0" BIN...

Sloppy Pegasus Mail Error in 4.31
When you go to help/about after installed 4.31 it still list the program as WinPMail version: Version 4.30 public beta 1 (Win32), Jul 17 2005 and still says that under info as well. I know this is a small problem that doesn't have any bearing on the program's operation but it certainly doesn't inspire confidence in the rest of the codebase. It would warrant a quick release of 4.2 just so it could be changed and people would reliably know they installed the correct version. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ...

Mercury/32 SMTP client error connecting
I have static IP on DSL. Windows 2000 Pro and Apache. 2 virtual hosts (2 domain names). PegasusMail / Mercury/32 mail handling. Not using Pegasus Mail. I am real new to this. This was working until Monday. I can receive mail respective of user/domain and it goes into the domain mailbox. Next step (that used to work) is that the mailbox is processed by the Mercury/32 SMTPClient (Relay version) and each item forwarded to my bellsouth email address. Well, that's what it used to do. The mail to be forwarded does reside in the QUEUE waiting. Send Authentication uses my bel...

Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)
I receive this error when attempting to build an installer for my Labview application. &nbsp; &nbsp; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller &gt;&gt; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_InstallerConfiguration_Editor.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Build_Invoke.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Main.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Build.vi &gt;&gt; NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi Loading product deployment informationLoading product deployment informationAdding files to installerDone adding filesPreparing to build deploymentCopying products from distributionsCopy...

Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12) #2
I get this error "Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12) The system cannot find the path specified." when I build an installer of my program in Labview. It is looking for a file but it is asking for&nbsp;the Measurement Studio CD. this is the message before the error. &nbsp; Copying products from distributionsCopying distribution 'NI Measurement Studio 8.1.2 for Visual Studio 2005' from: D:\VS2005\ to: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\ProductCache\ &nbsp; Please help. &nbsp; --Gio sentinel95, greetings! Did you bypass thi...

smtp error message solved (was Re: smtp error message)
I just discovered the meaning of a mysterious error code; or at least one possible meaning. The problem was that an smtp mail message didn't get sent out from one system I administer to another system I administer, and that messages between them worked fine earlier, and there was no config change. The sending system is DIGITAL TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V4.2 - ECO 1 on a AlphaStation 255/300 running OpenVMS V7.1-2 The receiving system is HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.4 - ECO 1 on a Digital Personal WorkStation running OpenVMS V7.3-2 The UCX SMT...

Objc Nubie: Errors Errors Errors
I've been toying with learning ObjC/Cocoa for sometime and finally got over the hump of "brackets vs. braces" but am wondering why my little test throws so many warnings when run: // gcc FileTest.m -o FileTest -ObjC -framework Cocoa #include <Cocoa/Cocoa.h> #include <Foundation/Foundation.h> int main( void ) { NSString * str = [ [NSStringalloc] initWithString:@"~/samplefromcocoa.txt" ]; NSString * full = [ NSString stringWithString: [str stringByExpandingTildeInPath ] ]; if( [ [NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtP...

Mercury/32 4.01a will not SMTP AUTH running as service.
I've recently upgraded from a 3.x version of Mercury/32 to 4.01a. I then enabled SMTP auth (only auth users allowed to relay). The problem is that if I run Mercury/32 as a service that SMTP auth fails and will NEVER authenticate. If I shut down the service, and run it in a 'normal' window, auth works fine. This ois with no other changes whatsoever, and shutting the window and restarting the service results in failed auth. The file/directory permissions on auth.mer are the same as every other file in the Mercury directory. Can anyone point me in the right direction...

Mail System Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_4A448CDE.077A1E57 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ******************************* WARNING ****************************** Este mensaje ha sido analizado por MDaemon AntiVirus y ha encontrado un fichero anexo(s) infectado(s). Por favor revise el reporte de abajo. Attachment Virus name Action taken ---------------------------------------------------------------------- file.zip I-Worm.Mydoom.m Removed *************...

Web resources about - Mercury 4.01a SMTP Client (Relay Version) - TCP/IP error during processing. Error FF servicing queue job - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Central processing unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is the hardware within a computer system which carries out the instructions of a computer program by performing the basic arithmetical, logical, ...

Hyatt warns of malware on its payment-processing system
Hyatt Hotels Corp. says it found malicious software on the computer system that processes customer payments, raising the possibility that hackers ...

Conexant Announces New Audio Processing Solutions At CES
At CES, Conexant gave me a demo of some of the audio processing technology that they've been working on. Conexant is a company that probably ...

Common payment processing protocols found to be full of flaws
Stealing PINs and pillaging bank accounts are both trivial.

ImBatch 4.4.0 adds PDF processing support
High Motion Software has shipped ImBatch 4.4.0 , a major update to its free-for-personal-use image batch processing tool. New PDF input support ...

Government "Processing Error" Sinks Housing Reports for Entire Year; Where to From Here?
Huge "Processing Error" in Government Housing Data When I saw some of the upwardly revised GDP estimates in 2015 I thought they were too good ...

Audi turns to Qualcomm power for entertainment, navigation processing
Qualcomm proves its chip-making innovation, announcing a deal at CES where Audi will use its first automotive quality infotainment chipset, the ...

Google patches critical media processing and rooting vulnerabilities in Android
A new batch of security fixes for Android address flaws that could allow attackers to compromise devices via rogue emails, Web pages, and MMS ...

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals
Obama Administration Enacts More Gun Control By Misusing FBI Background Check System

Nvidia Ramps Up Processing Power for Self-Driving Cars
With its new Drive PX 2 platform, the GPU maker is offering a computer that can deliver up to 8 teraflops of computing power to autonomous vehicles. ...