Mercury Mail Mailing List

I'm trying to set up a mailing list with Mercury /32 v4 and I'm having
problems.  I hope this is the right place to seek help.

To the best of my knowledge, I created the list correctly.  I added a
couple of accounts to the subscription list.  However, when I send a
message to the list, it never gets distributed, and the sending
account gets a bounce back email stating that "the user doesn't
exist".  So.. my questions are:

1. Does the mailing list address have to exist as a user account in
Mercury?  During my trouble-shooting, I thought that it might, so I
created the user account using the same email address as the list.  No
more "unable to deliver" messages, but still the message never gets
distributed.  So now I assume that it SHOULD NOT exist.

2. Do I need the MercuryE module loaded, or will the mailing list
feature work with MercuryC?  I need to use MercuryC since my ISP is
blocking mail servers.

3, I tried loading the MercuryB module to see if I could get the web
management working, but when I try to subscribe to the existing list,
it tells me that it doesn't exist.  (perhaps that's a clue to the
problem?)

I'm stumped.  Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Scott
0
ScottP

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

How to hightlight the mail from mailing lists
Hello everyone. I have lots mails from a mailing list (lets take help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org for example). So I want to have a clearer view of them. I've looked up the manual already, seems that I should add this to my .muttrc: color index foreground background pattern But what does "pattern" mean? Should I replaced it with the address or a regexp or something else? Thanks a lot. -- Fear is the path to the Darkside. Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering. Corsair wrote: > What does "pattern" mean in "color i...

mail not sent to some in mailing lists
When I send mail to a long mailing list, sent mail sometimes shows me that the BCC line contains 2 addresses per line like this: Darien DeLu <con@macnexus.org>, David Casselman <davis@ix.netcom.com>, Deen Eber <deeber@comcast.net>, Dirk De Lu <dirk4@padise.net.nz>, Doug Henry <dahenry@gmail.com>, In the address book, addresses are listed one per line with commas at the end. As you can see, above Dirk De Lu appears under Bcc: as the second entry on one line with a space after the comma. When this happens, it appears Dirk does not ...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error...

[newbie] how to do a mailing list without a mailing list manager
hi, i read that we can do a simple mailing list with /etc/aliases file like : all-my-users " : include: /path/list_of_all_my_users" i would like to have a dynamic list_of_all_my_users file (not static) because when i create a count on the computer, i don't want to to update the list_of_all_my_users file i think i can do that with a script that generate the file (updated by cron for example) BUT do you know a another solution as a function that tells to send mail to all the users of the computer ? thanks Fabrice Fabrice CANDAU wrote: > i read that we can do a simpl...

restrict mailing list senders to mailing list subscribers?
Hello I have a few mailings lists using text files containing the recipients of the list. Can I restrict senders to those lists to be only the subscribers? any way to to this with sendmail? thanks. joe wrote: > Hello I have a few mailings lists using text files containing the > recipients of the list. Can I restrict senders to those lists to be > only the subscribers? any way to to this with sendmail? thanks. Search for "protected recipients". Grant. . . . Thanks Grant. That solve half my problem. I found http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html This seems ...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Web resources about - Mercury Mail Mailing List - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Mercury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Home - San Jose Mercury News
San Jose Mercury News - breaking news, weather, traffic, shopping, sports, jobs, cars, homes and local events

Sydney weather: Mercury a chance to nudge 40 degrees if sea breezes fail
Sydney is in for another scorcher on Thursday with the potential for 40 degrees over much of the city ahead of a gusty cool change from the south. ...

Sydney weather: Mercury a chance to nudge 40 degrees if sea breezes fail
Sydney is in for another scorcher on Thursday with the potential for 40 degrees over much of the city ahead of a gusty cool change from the south. ...

Perth weather: mercury hits 35 degrees at 9am and set to hit 41
Perth is in for a scorcher on Monday with temperatures already hitting 35 degrees by 9.00am this morning.

Good news: We’ve accidentally cut mercury pollution
(credit: US DOE ) Coal-fired plants and other human activities release mercury into the environment, where some of it ends up converted into ...

Philly's Mercury Girls made a year-end mix (listen), playing NYC shows this weekend w/ Expert Alterations ...
photo: Mercury Girls @ Pianos, CMJ 2015 (more by Amanda Hatfield) Philadelphia's Mercury Girls won the battle over use of their name (Toronto's ...

What Mercury in retrograde means and how it works - Videos - CBS News
Mercury in retrograde happens four times this year, and the celestial event is getting a lot of attention. Some think the planet’s movements ...

Mercury building up in West Coast fog
It is not a direct threat to humans, but high levels of mercury in fog could pose threats to animals and food supplies.

Debmar-Mercury’s Mort Marcus & Ira Bernstein Ink New Lionsgate Contracts
Debmar-Mercury co-founders and co-presidents Mort Marcus and Ira Bernstein have signed new long-term agreements with Lionsgate . The two have ...